pasted_image (resized).png
TFP Texas Pinball recap episode cover (resized).jpg
IMAG0524.jpg
7A500621-D7A5-4599-BEAF-B42BC4B9EDA7 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 1.35.41 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#129 8 years ago

Thanks for the podcasts guys - good stuff!

Just finished listening to the "Kick Butt!" episode this evening and I was somewhat surprised that in the discussion of future games and all the $ that's been invested in them, there was no mention at all of The Big Lebowski. As "that other guy" likes to say: "That's craaaaazy!"

3 weeks later
#181 7 years ago

I finally just finished listening to the entire John Trudeau/Ghostbusters episode and wanted to say thanks for the great interview! It was both fun to listen to as well as informative. Tommy’s enthusiasm for Mr. Trudeau’s distinctive design talents really shown through.

The huge initial excitement over Ghostbusters clearly demonstrates how critical theme and artwork are to a game’s popularity. This can also be seen by another recent Trudeau design: Mustang, that I happen to think is terrifically fun to play, but conversely, seems to have been poo-pooed by many pinheads due to its theme and artwork. Taylor himself seems to be somewhat unfamiliar with it as he compared GB’s pop-up targets to those on Cactus Canyon even though these are basically identical to those already found on the Mustang Premium and LE models. It also merits inclusion in any discussion of innovative Trudeau ramp designs for its multi-function ramp/orbit lane and “shooter lane” cross ramp - the latter also repeated on the Ghostbuster Premium and LE models.

Although I’m personally not a super fan of the Ghostbusters theme, its colorful hand-drawn artwork and intriguing playfield features are undeniably appealing. As such, I’m really looking forward to checking out the gameplay on the LE that is coming to my favorite local pinball bar!

5 months later
#270 7 years ago

Welcome back Tommy - great to hear you again and in positive spirits after such a rough month for you!

I've only had a chance to listen to the first half hour so far, but wow - quite the forthcoming episode. Good for you man! Looking forward to listening to the remainder of your and Taylor's discussion of recent pinball happenings.

As always - thanks to you guys for an entertaining, informative, and sometimes dramatic podcast!

1 week later
#287 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

JFC people, WHAT ABOUT ME?!
I mean come the FUKC on! I have feelings too...buried deep down behind my blackened heart. Bwahahahahaha!
Recording Wednesday....I think.
hit up our FB page for even more feelings
https://www.facebook.com/thisflippinpodcast/

Hey - I mentioned you in my post Tyler. ( )

Looking forward to you guys having Angelina Jolie as a future podcast guest!

1 week later
#293 7 years ago

I was kind of surprised to hear how much Taylor HATES ("I HAAAATE IT!") The Walking Dead given his skill level and his preference for games to be set up to play hard.

I can somewhat empathize as I used to pretty much hate it too when it first came out and I've never really been a big fan of the show. However, once the rules set jelled and I familiarized myself with its features more, I came to appreciate its different playfield layout and challenging gameplay. It can still be mean with a higher than average frequency of cruel drains, but it has a lot of fun satisfying shots (when I can make them) and the atmosphere it generates when you get things clicking is very immersive!

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If you only have ever played one on route that forks you every time it comes out of the pops, it's the worst game ever. If it goes to the left flipper like it's supposed to, it's actually a pretty fair game with respect to that feed.

Yeah - not to turn this into a TWD thread, but this may be part of Taylor's apparent frustration with the game. As a rule, being able to set up my own games the way I like them greatly increases my playing enjoyment. This is especially true with TWD as mine has really benefited from some extra tweaking.

1 week later
#332 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

... found some Reeces Pieces and had a laugh and kids asked whats so funny. I say it your way Taylor, sorry Tommy lol....

I don't recall ever hearing anyone pronounce them as "Reesies Peecies" prior to Tommy doing so. Apparently, per this "highly scientific" survey though, while he's in the minority, he's not alone. The bulk of those that responded that they do are females between the ages of 25 and 34:

http://kitchenette.jezebel.com/how-do-you-pronounce-reeses-1712708401

Hmmm.

#334 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm not a female but I fit he age group. I now know what to look for in my next girlfriend!

Most definitely - that's a good indicator of compatibility.

Now if you should happen to find a "Reesie's Peecie's" pronouncing gal that also likes pinball - JACK F'n POT!

1 month later
#365 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Oh yeah, and if those last two posts don't make any sense that means you may need the link to check out our newest episode, lucky #36, where we are joined by everyone's favorite pinball enthusiast Mr. Todd MacCulloch! Seriously its like all of our usual ramblings just amplified by Todd's awesome presence!

Todd MacCulloch?! I thought he was just into horse racing games.

I guess he also owns a pinball game or two come to think of it.

1 year later
#414 6 years ago

Great episode! Nick's a very interesting as well as entertaining guest - you guys should definitely have him on again.

My thanks to Tommy and Taylor for your time and effort in putting these podcasts out!

11 months later
#435 5 years ago

Thanks for another fine episode guys! Fast forwarded thru the tournament/IFPA/WPPR points talk (in case you're keeping score), but really enjoyed hearing your game perspectives and insights as always.

Congrats to Tommy on your MBr purchase - looking forward to trying out your Super Loops strategy on my Shadow! Kind of surprised not much love from you guys for Munsters, but that's what makes this hobby great - there's something for everyone's interests. Dump that GB Taylor and get on board the new hype train!

5 months later
#448 4 years ago

Beat you to it Tommy and Taylor as I enjoyed the latest episode dropped today. Particularly your thoughts on the Women's World Cup.

In case you haven't seen it, this is a congrats thread I started on Pinside after the US women's victory:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-us-women-s-soccer-world-champs

Unfortunately, it turned very political.

(BTW, "Rapinoe" is pronounced: ra pee no)

Thanks!

9 months later
#454 3 years ago

Listening to and enjoying episode 100 (CONGRATS!!!).

Chris at HEP using $750 in paint alone for a restoration?!

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah that includes the clear, but not the primer. Looks like he puts just the material cost to redo cabinet at about $2k not including labor. ...

Thanks for the HEP info link Tommy. That's crazy!

Also FWIW, my advice to anyone doing a playfield swap, or any repair for that matter: take a shitload of photos before you start! And then take more as you go. I've learned the hard way that you can never take too many.

4 months later
#463 3 years ago

My thanks as well for all the past podcasts! Sorry to see this partnership end.

11 months later
#476 2 years ago

Listening to and enjoying your latest podcast episode (#113 "GET YA JABS" ) - thanks!

Tommy - please let Taylor know though that light intensity is measured in lumens - not "kelvins".

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I wasn’t referring to the intensity, but to the temperature of the light, ie, Cool vs warm, which is measured in kelvins.

lol

Thanks Taylor and a belated "Welcome back!". You and Tommy are great pinheads to listen to!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-podcast-this-flippin-podcast-taylorvatsskinne?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.