pasted_image (resized).png
TFP Texas Pinball recap episode cover (resized).jpg
IMAG0524.jpg
7A500621-D7A5-4599-BEAF-B42BC4B9EDA7 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 1.35.41 PM (resized).png
There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#102 8 years ago

Taylor only believes in glass off play, says it totally beats invisiglass!

#103 8 years ago

just saw the bond movie last night - very cool movie with lots of top action - would love a new bond pinball.

#104 8 years ago

no, just all day bang backs with knuckle rings on.

#105 8 years ago

saw that the latest episode had a episode number - nice work guys

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

saw that the latest episode had a episode number - nice work guys

baby steps

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just saw the bond movie last night - very cool movie with lots of top action - would love a new bond pinball.

You and me both Swinks! If you can build it I'll get on design haha.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

You and me both Swinks! If you can build it I'll get on design haha.

who can do programming and art?

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

who can do programming and art?

I've got an artist ready to go...maybe we talk to Jim Askey on code.

#110 8 years ago

better get a move on and listen to the episode so I can understand your angle.

maybe start a new thread for ideas, definitely some cool potential, bonds gadgets, cars, girls etc.

#111 8 years ago

Just as a warning I fully state in the episode I myself do not posses the ability to do this project to a build, but I think it could be a cool crowd sourced project for ideas and getting something started.

1 week later
#112 8 years ago

Episode 11 is here for you! We discuss the holidays, leagues, tournaments, rumors of upcoming titles, Dead Flip streaming, and Pinburgh! Also we announce an awesome holiday giveaway, details near the end of the episode. Hope you enjoy and as always feedback is appreciated [email protected] or find us on facebook....actually do that find us on facebook and instagram and follow our shenanigans.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-11-post-thanksgiving-fat-belly-edition_65196
Episode 11 Cover.jpgEpisode 11 Cover.jpg

#113 8 years ago

I apologize, again, for an audio issue in this latest recording. A remixed version has been sent to Tommy and should be uploaded soon.

I want to thank everyone that listens. Not sure how I became a podcaster but it has been fun and really appreciate all the feedback. We record in my shop and Tommy in his game room. The podcast is created with two Snow Ball microphones and our computers so nothing fancy. If you want professionalism this isn't the pod, if you want to listen to a couple of pinheads rambling on about pinball while I drink than this is the pod for you. Thanks for listening.

- Taylor

#114 8 years ago

Episode audio has been updated, thank you listeners!

#115 8 years ago

don't shoot yourself down re the quality - it is a fun, interesting and entertaining podcast - keep up the great work

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

don't shoot yourself down re the quality - it is a fun, interesting and entertaining podcast - keep up the great work

I appreciate that. It just frustrates me that I seem to not be able to nail the main vocal tracks. I've come a long way though because I can now produce crap in half the time the original crap took to mix.

1 week later
#117 8 years ago

Hey guys the newest episode just went live! Episode 12: Happy Holidays and May the Pinball be with You Edition.
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-12-happy-holidays-and-may-the-pinball-be-with-you-edition_66312

Taylor and I discuss our recent tournaments, rumors on what is coming (turns out we were right), Rob Zombie reaction and reflection, give away our Zombi Yeti poster, announce our new Tilt-Hammer Contest, and that is all before our sit down exclusive interview with Mark Incitti designer of the A Nightmare Before Christmas pinball machine! Super long episode, super awesome episode.

Thank you for all of the support over the last several months. We are still amazed when we see our download totals each episode, and we truly just enjoy doing the show. As always please feel free to give us feedback [email protected] or PM either of us on here, or find us on twitter or Instagram. To everyone who has been an unofficial sponsor and donated a prize to be given away thank you so much! They go straight to the listeners and lovers of this hobby! Those of you who have participated in our giveaways, thank you as well! It makes it fun for us to connect people in our shared hobby. We hope everyone has an awesome holiday season and a great new year, and hopefully by the time we do our next episode someone will have a Hobbit, shortly after some GoT premiums will be delivered, and before we know it Rob Zombie will be in homes and Stern will have announced a new title or two. Enjoy time with your loved ones and play a game or two together, don't forget to send us pictures with your Grand Champion scores! -Tommy

Episode 12 cover.jpgEpisode 12 cover.jpg

#118 8 years ago

Another great show guys. It was a pleasure chatting with you Tommy. Have a Merry Christmas. May all your stockings be stuffed - with severed feet, of course.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Another great show guys. It was a pleasure chatting with you Tommy. Have a Merry Christmas. May all your stockings be stuffed - with severed feet, of course.

Thanks for doing the interview. I didn't get a chance to talk to you but your game is amazing. Hope someone picks it up, great theme and your layout looks excellent. Look forward to following your progress.

#120 8 years ago

Great Episode 12 -- possibly the best show you guys have pulled together yet!

For your Christmas themed pins... you missed the most obvious one: Die Hard!

Merry Christmas,
Todd A

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Great Episode 12 -- possibly the best show you guys have pulled together yet!
For your Christmas themed pins... you missed the most obvious one: Die Hard!
Merry Christmas,
Todd A

Good suggestion and thanks for listening!

2 weeks later
#122 8 years ago

Hey EVERYONE! After a long holiday vacation for Taylor and I, we are back with out first episode of 2016, and our 13th overall.

I hope you enjoy! We talk about our holiday seasons, streaming for beginners, our thoughts of Spider-Man VE, address the most recent Ghostbusters leaks and rumors, and share our favorite memories of 2015. Thank all of you for listening to our randomness, we truly enjoy talking pinball and sharing it with you. We are always open to feedback, good and bad, and we hope many of you will start following our stream as well as we hope to connect to you all in new ways in 2016. Check out our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/This-Flippin-Podcast-1034214746618821/?view_public_for=1034214746618821), our instagram (thisflippinpodcast), and we are also now on Twitter as thisflippincast, and twitch as thisflippinpodcast http://www.twitch.tv/thisflippinpodcast .

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-13-this-flippin-stream_67762
Episode_13_Cover_(resized).jpgEpisode_13_Cover_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#123 8 years ago

We are back a bit ahead of schedule with our 14th episode: To The Sanctum!
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-14-to-the-sanctum_68595

Our stream has been taking off in the last two weeks, I'm officially addicted to it. Our podcast is now averaging over 2000 downloads per episode which blows our minds, and we can't say thank you enough. We just like getting together to talk pinball and sharing our conversations with you guys. We are always open to feedback good and bad, and any ideas you have for the show let us know. We have a lot of "irons in the fire" as they say, and are really excited about some content we plan to bring you in our upcoming episodes.

Episode 14 turned out great and features an interview with Taylor and Jim Swain of The Sanctum pinball co-op, a review by Tommy of Swinks CFTBL Snackbar2.0 mod (its awesome), and the launch of our first merchandise....a limited edition patch with our new official logo designed by Zach at Tilt-Hammer.....head on over, order yourself a patch and grab some of Zach's other amazing pinball merchandise! Again can't thank everyone enough.
http://www.tilt-hammer.com/product/this-flippin-podcast-patch

TFP_pic_(resized).jpgTFP_pic_(resized).jpg

#124 8 years ago

Just listened to the last episode and another enjoyable and interesting show but this time have to say a HUGE thank you for the plug and was not expecting the support and coverage - thanks heaps guys, I really appreciate it.

2 weeks later
#125 8 years ago

Hey everyone, didn't get this posted to the thread but Episdoe 15: Taylor's Intervention went live last night.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-15-taylors-intervention_69813

Episode 15 I stage an intervention for Taylor's streaming addiction. We preview our respective IFPA SCS and discuss Taylor getting into his as an alternate. We also address the fact that pictures of Stern's Ghostbusters game leaked, but we don't dive into the issue, if you want to see the pics they are out there, but we prefer to provide in depth coverage of the game once it is officially announced and we know the actual details. Congrats to our most unofficial sponsor ever ColorDMD on their 33rd title Twilight Zone. We discuss the shortage of reproduction ramp manufacturers in the hobby right now. Also we will be doing a giveaway through our facebook page. Post a selfie with you and a game on location somewhere to our facebook page to enter, the giveaway comes to you from Double Danger Pinball and includes one of our custom This Flippin Podcast patches also available for purchase through www.tilt-hammer.com

As always everyone thank you for listening, and we hope that it entertains you. Please send any comments, questions, concerns, or general feedback to [email protected]

Happy Friday,

-Tommy
episode_15_cover_final_(resized).jpgepisode_15_cover_final_(resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#126 8 years ago

Episode_16_Cover_(resized).jpgEpisode_16_Cover_(resized).jpg

Episode 16: Kick Butt has just gone live, sorry for the not getting it out for the weekend, but make it a better drive to work in the morning! We discuss a bit of everything on this episode, and hopefully kept the audio quality up, hope you all enjoy. Feedback as always is appreciated [email protected] and don't forget to checkout our facebook page, instagram, and twitter feeds!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-16-kick-butt_71490

#127 8 years ago

Great podcast guys.Can you bring sparky on from the one and done podcast for some more stories about buying and selling pinball.Or pinball in general.His pods were great.Cheers.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from alpha70:

Great podcast guys.Can you bring sparky on from the one and done podcast for some more stories about buying and selling pinball.Or pinball in general.His pods were great.Cheers.

Funny that you mention this, initially Sparky was suppose to join us and we would literally have had 3 hosts from our beginning but he just happened to be a bit busy with his schedule at the time, but I think it would be great to hear from him again, and I know he has a new mod in the works that perhaps he could come on and tell us all about. Thanks for listening Alpha70!

#129 8 years ago

Thanks for the podcasts guys - good stuff!

Just finished listening to the "Kick Butt!" episode this evening and I was somewhat surprised that in the discussion of future games and all the $ that's been invested in them, there was no mention at all of The Big Lebowski. As "that other guy" likes to say: "That's craaaaazy!"

#130 8 years ago

Probably because TBL is so expensive we forgot haha but yes excellent point. I know MSA has one coming so I should have remembered.

#131 8 years ago

I just can't get enough of Taylor saying "code" and "mode". Love it!

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from Shastings:

I just can't get enough of Taylor saying "code" and "mode". Love it!

The new unofficial This Flippin Podcast drinking game, take a drink every time Taylor says code or mode...see if you can live through an episode hahahaha (evil laugh)!!!!!

#133 8 years ago

EPISODE 17: An Evening with Gerry Stellenberg!

Taylor and I sit and discuss our recent pinball adventures, we explain how easy it is to not be a dick and still enjoy pinball as a hobby (Don't be a dick was super close to being the title of the episode, but in the end Gerry deserves top billing largely because he is not a dick, and is the perfect example of that motto). You can even hear Taylor and I agree to disagree at one point on some artwork like civilized adults, by the way since I am the one who gets to type and post the new episode I get the first word and that word is Domino's Pinball translite looks awesome! It is our usual blend of banter and just good old fashion pinball talk, so pull up a chair, sit by a fire as winter hopefully crawls to an end, and enjoy our longest episode to date! As always send us feedback because we love it and check out our facebook page, twitter, instagram, twitch, youtube channel, and "lock box" (ok I made that last one up, but it will probably be a thing, a huge thing in like 6 months so just trying to get ahead of the game).

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-17-remixed-an-evening-with-gerry-stellenberg_72685

Episode_17_cover_(resized).jpgEpisode_17_cover_(resized).jpg

#134 8 years ago

Always love hearing interviews with Gerry. Looking forward to this later today.

#135 8 years ago

Love the podcast guys, but, is it me or is the overall volume level of this podcast a bit on the low side? I'm listening through my phones speaker as I always do with all the different podcasts I listen to and at full volume and with audio boost enabled its still a bit on the quiet side. Great show though.

#136 8 years ago

cool,look forward to listening to episode 17

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Love the podcast guys, but, is it me or is the overall volume level of this podcast a bit on the low side? I'm listening through my phones speaker as I always do with all the different podcasts I listen to and at full volume and with audio boost enabled its still a bit on the quiet side. Great show though.

I'll check it out. Sounded fine on my Mac after mixing. Thanks for the heads up.

#138 8 years ago

Yeah Taylor get on it! JK but I just checked and it does seem a little quiet on my phone as well overall. If you figure it out I will upload it in the morning as I'm headed to the bar for work for the next 12 hours!

Thanks for listening guys!

#139 8 years ago

Great episode Taylor and Tommy. Fantastic interview with Gerry from Multimorphic, very informative, you covered everything and very timely with the 4 new games just announced.

#140 8 years ago

You had mic problems in this episode ... it was pretty obtrusive - constant drumming. Make sure nothing's knocking on it.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

You had mic problems in this episode ... it was pretty obtrusive - constant drumming. Make sure nothing's knocking on it.

Thanks for letting us know. Do you happen to have an approximate time during the show when that started?

#142 8 years ago

Pretty much the beginning ... try turning volume up or listen to it on a pair of speakers / headphones with a decent soundstage if it's not apparent. It's particularly bad for the first few minutes. Mostly quieter later, but comes and goes all the time.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Pretty much the beginning ... try turning volume up or listen to it on a pair of speakers / headphones with a decent soundstage if it's not apparent. It's particularly bad for the first few minutes. Mostly quieter later, but comes and goes all the time.

Does it continue into the interview?

#144 8 years ago

Yes.

Edit. I lie. Not during the interview - on quick skip through just now.

#145 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Yes.
Edit. I lie. Not during the interview - on quick skip through just now.

Alright, thanks.
I'll check the mix tomorrow. For the record I put all blame on Tommy.

#146 8 years ago

If you do remix it, louder would be way better. I can't hear it on my laptop unfortunately.

#147 8 years ago

New mix with bumped up volume should be out soon. Did not hear the drumming sound reported so that may have been an issue that arose with having to increase the volume to hear it.

Sorry about the volume issue, sounded fine on my end when I uploaded to dropbox.

Send complaints to Tommy at [email protected]

#148 8 years ago

Okay I was finally able to fix Taylor's screw up, new audio is posted, original super shitty version deleted FOREVER, FOREVER, FOREVER!!!!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-17-remixed-an-evening-with-gerry-stellenberg_72685

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Okay I was finally able to fix Taylor's screw up, new audio is posted, original super shitty version deleted FOREVER, FOREVER, FOREVER!!!!

Old news, where's the next episode? :> JK! well done Tommy, sounds much better.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Old news, where's the next episode? :> JK! well done Tommy, sounds much better.

Taylor actually did all the fixing, I just posted it up. We are a good team, he does work, I steal credit. Thanks for listening everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-podcast-this-flippin-podcast-taylorvatsskinne/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.