pasted_image (resized).png
TFP Texas Pinball recap episode cover (resized).jpg
IMAG0524.jpg
7A500621-D7A5-4599-BEAF-B42BC4B9EDA7 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 1.35.41 PM (resized).png
There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 8 years ago

I heard they are having a giveaway, free decals to all of their buyers for needed decal swaps. Nice.

#52 8 years ago

Haha, they may as well just start throwing extra set of decals in the goody bag like they do with slingshot plastics.

#53 8 years ago

How important are displays to games? I say whatever the game came with works for me as a collector/enthusiast. I think the DMD era display was the biggest leap forward in adding to the experience - think attract modes, player instructions, fun animations, etc. That said, as with most technologies if manufacturers are making clear innovations that enhance the overall player(and player 2) experience it'd be naive to think that your customers won't take notice and demand more. I really like the direction the MMr color display is going as far as a middle ground (but for a classic game like MM I personally just prefer the original art). I do think that style is a viable option for Stern if full on graphic development a la WOZ is not sustainable in their development cycle. I think WOZ can be considered display overkill for what's necessary to have a fun game. However, as much as I love the dmd era the red Stern DMD is looking very dated when released with brand new titles.

As far as color, I personally love how ColorDMD takes the original dot art that comes with games and colorizes it. It seems to fit the era the game is designed in, one of the few "bling" mods I could see adding to my games. Now if I just had a spare $400 laying around... Hmm could buy an EM for that...

#54 8 years ago

I'm really enjoying this new podcast. The friendly, two-person dialogue and banter is very interesting and often funny. No politics, no social justice issues, no copyright infringement claims. Just two humble guys with good chemistry and a sense of humor talking exclusively about pinball. Quite refreshing. Keep up the good work, guys.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'm really enjoying this new podcast. The friendly, two-person dialogue and banter is very interesting and often funny. No politics, no social justice issues, no copyright infringement claims. Just two humble guys with good chemistry and a sense of humor talking exclusively about pinball. Quite refreshing. Keep up the good work, guys.

Thanks, means a lot to read it.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Thank you from me as well! It is great to know people out there are enjoying it.

#57 8 years ago

Hi guys,

Really enjoying the podcast.
The audio is good in episode 1 and 3, what happened to episode 2? Was the episode done over telephone?

Axl

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Hi guys,
The audio is good in episode 1 and 3, what happened to episode 2? Was the episode done over telephone?
Axl

Thanks for listening Axl! We don't know what happened with episode two but we also noticed the issue. We recorded with the same method but obviously something did go wrong. We are glad you stuck it out for episode 3 as we are constantly trying to improve with new hardware and software on the recording side and we think episode 4 is going to be very exciting this week.

#59 8 years ago

Definitely enjoying the show. I agree that's it has it's own vibe and that's a good thing. Keep it up.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Hi guys,
Axl

We actually thought the audio was too good in the first one setting the bar too high. The third was actually crap but because of 2 it sounded great. 4 will be probably be crap again because of the compliments...I see a trend...

#2 is going to get remixed and uploaded at some point.

#61 8 years ago

Just in time for your Friday drive to work we have episode 4 up and loaded. We feature special guest World Champion Keith Elwin and spend the majority of the time talking to him about his custom game Archer. Please enjoy and feel free to go check out our facebook page and get more details on our latest contest involving POP, the Pinball Outreach Project, and your chance to win a copy of Keith's Pinball 101 DVD, the starter pack to becoming a champion yourselves.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/an-evening-with-elwin_57937

#62 8 years ago

subscribed and downloading via itunes (1-3 available) - look forward to having a listen

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

subscribed and downloading via itunes (1-3 available) - look forward to having a listen

thanks!!

#65 8 years ago

This was a really good listen. Thanks for posting!

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from chemscab:

This was a really good listen. Thanks for posting!

Simply thank you for listening, hopefully everyone enjoys it as much as we did because it was truly a very fun conversation.

#67 8 years ago

Don't forget to head over to POP, Pinball Outreach Project, and donate to get yourself entered into the new giveaway. Donations taken all the way through October 31st!

http://pinballoutreach.org/ways-to-help/wish-list/

#68 8 years ago

Wow, nice get! The elusive pinball master speaks! Not even Nate could get Keith on his podcast, and he lives right in his back yard. Too busy interviewing his wife about GOT art, I guess. LOL

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Wow, nice get! The elusive pinball master speaks! Not even Nate could get Keith on his podcast, and he lives right in his back yard. Too busy interviewing his wife about GOT art, I guess. LOL

ok that was pretty funny.

#70 8 years ago

Great interview, cool to learn more about Archer and some of Keith's competitive strategies. Well done!

#71 8 years ago

Just wanted everyone to know that by request of some listeners we are now available on Stitcher as well....here you go.

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/this-flippin-podcast?refid=stpr

Hope everyone is still enjoying. -Tommy

1 week later
#72 8 years ago

Episode 5 has just gone live in time for your drive to work on Friday! Enjoy and as always check out our facebook page, follow us on Instagram, and email all of your complaints to [email protected]

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/slap-save-and-destroy-the-story-of-tilt-hammer_59259

episode 5 . 4.jpgepisode 5 . 4.jpg

1 week later
#73 8 years ago

Episode 6 for your enjoyment! Indiana Jones Continued: An Evening with Jim Askey.......and Dead Flip streaming GoT feedback, reactions to the "J-flop" interview from Nate at Coast 2 Coast, What's Broken?, What new ramp is coming? and some more of our random ramblings! Enjoy.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/indiana-jones-continued-an-evening-with-jim-askey_59860

addtext_com_MTYxNTAzNzUwMDI.jpgaddtext_com_MTYxNTAzNzUwMDI.jpg

#74 8 years ago

We are aware that for some reason the episode has duplicated itself for the RSS feed and into itunes. Our hosting site has been contacted and we are attempting to correct the issue. Thanks for still listening. Either version you listen to should be the exact same from what I figured out by testing them. Hope you enjoy. -Tommy

#75 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

We are aware that for some reason the episode has duplicated itself for the RSS feed and into itunes. Our hosting site has been contacted and we are attempting to correct the issue. Thanks for still listening. Either version you listen to should be the exact same from what I figured out by testing them. Hope you enjoy. -Tommy

It just doubled the listening pleasure! I listened to both versions, just in case you had recorded an alternative version where you decided you thought the J-pop interview was great.

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

It just doubled the listening pleasure! I listened to both versions, just in case you had recorded an alternative version where you decided you thought the J-pop interview was great.

Don't be wasting time like that you need to be resting up for playfield swaps!

#77 8 years ago

Newest episode is up and we are joined by special guests Kevin and Nick from Buffalo Pinball to talk about their stream "Bro, Do You Even Pinball?" as well as their team league. Hope everyone has a good weekend, enjoys the York show and anyone that would like to sit down and chat at Expo to be a part of episode 8 just let me know! I will be there Thursday-Saturday. -Tommy

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/bro-do-you-even-podcast_60523

Episode 6 Cover.jpgEpisode 6 Cover.jpg

#78 8 years ago

Awesome, Tommy. Thanks to you and Taylor for having us on!

2 weeks later
#79 8 years ago

Episode 8 has just gone live, enjoy your weekends everyone!

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/pinball-expo-2015-recap_61821

Episode 8 cover.jpgEpisode 8 cover.jpg

#80 8 years ago

amazing episode. Can't wait for number 9.

#81 8 years ago

So glad to hear that Tommy loves Steve Ritchie games. He's got great taste in pinball.

#82 8 years ago

"We don't do cute!" Play Better!

#83 8 years ago

Tommy, thanks for taking the time to play Buffy, and mentioning it on the episode

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Tommy, thanks for taking the time to play Buffy, and mentioning it on the episode

Thanks for taking the time to build it! Super fun....any truth to the rumor I heard of a second build?

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thanks for taking the time to build it! Super fun....any truth to the rumor I heard of a second build?

I think you mean my SoB..?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-pinball?tu=mocean#post-2714780

One day it will be as gorgeous as Dave's, but that's going to take a little time.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I think you mean my SoB..?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buffy-the-vampire-slayer-pinball?tu=mocean#post-2714780
One day it will be as gorgeous as Dave's, but that's going to take a little time.

I think he is referencing a second project. Remember, he IS close friends with a Buffy team member.

#87 8 years ago

No I just meant a second Buffy but another project is great news!

1 week later
#89 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Newest show is here for your listening pleasure.
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/official-pinball-season-starts-now_63154

Episode_9_Cover.jpg

I'm 3/4 through listening to this one. Nice job as always.

The levels overall on this one are pretty low, and Taylor's are a bit lower than Tommy's. Possible to tweak in the future?

#90 8 years ago

Thanks Steve. We are trying to figure that out. We tried raising up our record volumes on each end but I guess that didn't do it. We are open to tips and thanks for the feedback!

#91 8 years ago

awesome work Tommy & Taylor, really enjoying the podcasts and almost through them all - really enjoyed the Archer chat.

with the itunes downloads is there any chance of adding a episode number to each episode, otherwise enjoying heaps, keep it up

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

awesome work Tommy & Taylor, really enjoying the podcasts and almost through them all - really enjoyed the Archer chat.
with the itunes downloads is there any chance of adding a episode number to each episode, otherwise enjoying heaps, keep it up

Thanks swinks! Need to do a segment on your awesome creature snackbar mod I have on my cftbl!

#93 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thanks swinks! Need to do a segment on your awesome creature snackbar mod I have on my cftbl!

cheers mate, getting closer to releasing v2.0 maybe send one your way for a review.

keep up the good work and would love more chats with custom pin guys - good listening.

#94 8 years ago

I'm on the list for it!

#95 8 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'm on the list for it!

yeah I know, thanks for the support.

#96 8 years ago

Sorry about the crap audio. I've been mixing using headphones and in my headphones it sounds fine but is obviously all over the place. I remixed #9 so hopefully it sounds better.

thanks to everyone that listens and we really do appreciate all the feedback.

Cheers!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#97 8 years ago

Here you go faithful listeners, we don't know why you keep coming back but we appreciate it!
http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-10-spoiler-alert_64190

Episode 10 cover.jpgEpisode 10 cover.jpg

#98 8 years ago

The episode did the double post thing again through our podcast host, we are uncertain of the reason, but regardless both ones listed have the exact same audio, no need to listen to both....but fee welcome to if you really find us that interesting. Have a great weekend.

#99 8 years ago

been really enjoying the podcasts - curious on the bond pin ? - it would be so cool.

#100 8 years ago

My obsession with WOZ continues image.jpegimage.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-podcast-this-flippin-podcast-taylorvatsskinne/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.