pasted_image (resized).png
TFP Texas Pinball recap episode cover (resized).jpg
IMAG0524.jpg
7A500621-D7A5-4599-BEAF-B42BC4B9EDA7 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 1.35.41 PM (resized).png

There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 4 years ago

We ain't dead yet...

Hey everyone, we have been getting some messages so TaylorVA and I just wanted to let everyone know we are alive and well and just busy. We hope to be bringing you an episode very soon updating you on our busy last two months. We have also moved our podcast hosting over to Anchor.

https://anchor.fm/thisflippinpodcast

Our iTunes RSS feed has been updated, and Anchor is going to make the show available to you on all sorts of other podcasts players. Thanks for checking in on us and thanks for listening.

#452 4 years ago

Awesome, glad you are still around

4 weeks later
#453 4 years ago

Episode 98 went live yesterday!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
https://anchor.fm/dashboard/episode/eb48l7

2 months later
#454 3 years ago

Listening to and enjoying episode 100 (CONGRATS!!!).

Chris at HEP using $750 in paint alone for a restoration?!

#455 3 years ago

Yeah that includes the clear, but not the primer. Looks like he puts just the material cost to redo cabinet at about $2k not including labor.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/134#post-5619907

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Listening to and enjoying episode 100 (CONGRATS!!!).
Chris at HEP using $750 in paint alone for a restoration?!

#456 3 years ago

Episode 100 is finally here pandemic and all. Thanks for all the support over the years and we truly hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

https://anchor.fm/thisflippinpodcast/episodes/The-Pandempisode-edgqna

77289AA4-D9AC-4199-B084-15DA6235983A (resized).jpeg77289AA4-D9AC-4199-B084-15DA6235983A (resized).jpeg

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah that includes the clear, but not the primer. Looks like he puts just the material cost to redo cabinet at about $2k not including labor. ...

Thanks for the HEP info link Tommy. That's crazy!

Also FWIW, my advice to anyone doing a playfield swap, or any repair for that matter: take a shitload of photos before you start! And then take more as you go. I've learned the hard way that you can never take too many.

#458 3 years ago

Thanks for the HEP info link Tommy. That's crazy!
Also FWIW, my advice to anyone doing a playfield swap, or any repair for that matter: take a shitload of photos before you start! And then take more as you go. I've learned the hard way that you can never take too many.

For sure!

4 months later
#459 3 years ago

Well, damn. Was disappointed to hear TaylorVA hangup the microphone. This has consistently been my favorite pinball pod to listen to. You guys have great chemistry and your laidback approach keeps things authentic, which is really appealing.

Always looked forward to the next episode.

Taylor’s life mirrors mine in a lot of ways - my two daughters are about 4 years ahead of his... but I grew up in the DC area... used to hit the original 9:30 club for shows back in 80s and 90s... stay at home dad that also works from home... likes to deep dive into home improvement projects...Pinball fanatic. Not to be weird (because this paragraph probably does sound a tad weird ), but It was always good to hear him drop little snippets of his travels that in some ways mirrored things I’ve experienced.

Thanks for all of the entertainment over the years, gentlemen! Tommy, I hope you keep TFP alive. I’m sure there’s a lot of us that hope you stick around and share what’s going on in your pinball world!

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Well, damn. Was disappointed to hear taylorva hangup the microphone. This has consistently been my favorite pinball pod to listen to. You guys have great chemistry and your laidback approach keeps things authentic, which is really appealing.
Always looked forward to the next episode.
Taylor’s life mirrors mine in a lot of ways - my two daughters are about 4 years ahead of his... but I grew up in the DC area... used to hit the original 9:30 club for shows back in 80s and 90s... stay at home dad that also works from home... likes to deep dive into home improvement projects...Pinball fanatic. Not to be weird (because this does sound a tad weird , but It was always good to hear him drop little snippets of his travels that in some ways mirrored things I’ve experienced.
Thanks for all of the entertainment over the years, gentlemen! Tommy, I hope you keep TFP alive. I’m sure there’s a lot of us that hope you stick around and share what’s going on in your pinball world!

Thank you for the kind words. I will most likely keep the podcast going in some way, shape, or form. I enjoy talking pinball. I won't replace Taylor because quite frankly the dude is not replaceable. We were literally brought together by the podcast, and as we said on the show truly became friends which was a cool and organic experience that I don't believe can be recreated. I'm sure I'll have guests and co-hosts from time to time, and as always when Taylor feels like talking he will come and talk.

Also should probably update the thread with the newest episode.

https://anchor.fm/thisflippinpodcast/episodes/Snap-ej81lg

I'll work on getting better at adding in some music and being creative with episode artwork as Taylor has been, but I make not promises or commitments to regularly scheduled episodes because quite frankly that just isn't our thing. Thanks for all the listens, the friendships, and experiences over the past 4-5 years.

#461 3 years ago

Thanks for the shows. I was saddened as well to hear Taylor backing away. You guys were my first introduction to pinball 3 years ago and I have learned a lot from the both of you. It will be different without yalls chemistry but I will continue to listen so keep it going Tommy.

#462 3 years ago

Will keep listening, but sad to see Taylor go! Hope to see you both again at TPF in the future.

#463 3 years ago

My thanks as well for all the past podcasts! Sorry to see this partnership end.

#464 3 years ago

Damn, spoiler alerts yall WTF

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I'll work on getting better at adding in some music

Skip the music. I have music podcasts for that.

#466 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Skip the music. I have music podcasts for that.

Your loss, no Spice Girls for you.

#467 3 years ago

I haven't listened to the 102 Ep yet but sad to hear Taylor is pulling out of the podcast but I respect his desire to. You guys have always been my favourite podcast right from the beginning to now and will be in the future. You work well together and are a great listen.

All the best Taylor.

All the best Tommy

3 weeks later
#468 3 years ago

Episode 103: Avengers: Infinity Quest Rules Audiobook

https://anchor.fm/thisflippinpodcast/episodes/Ep--103-Avengers-Infinity-Quest-Rules-Audiobook-Companion-ekdjhn

AIQ Rules Audiobook Cover TFP Ep.103 (resized).pngAIQ Rules Audiobook Cover TFP Ep.103 (resized).png

Episode 104: Appetite for Pinball is live now!

https://anchor.fm/thisflippinpodcast/episodes/Ep--104-Appetite-for-Pinball-ekgoa3

Episode 104 cover (resized).pngEpisode 104 cover (resized).png

#469 3 years ago

Not sure background music for the whole episode is a good idea!

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Not sure background music for the whole episode is a good idea!

Thanks appreciate the input!

#471 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thanks appreciate the input!

Love the podcast otherwise, keep up the good work!

3 months later
#473 3 years ago

yeah, been looking forward to the next one and love a good barn discovery story

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yeah, been looking forward to the next one and love a good barn discovery story

Thanks Swinks!

3 months later
#475 2 years ago

It's the return of richmondpinball to This Flippin Podcast after a 9 month vacation. We talk about AIQ, Mando, and rails and other stuff!

https://anchor.fm/thisflippinpodcast/episodes/Falcon-Crest-is-GO-e10qm1r

3 months later
#476 2 years ago

Listening to and enjoying your latest podcast episode (#113 "GET YA JABS" ) - thanks!

Tommy - please let Taylor know though that light intensity is measured in lumens - not "kelvins".

#477 2 years ago

yes, another enjoyable episode, thankyou

#478 2 years ago

Listening to and enjoying your latest podcast episode (#113 "GET YA JABS" ) - thanks!
Tommy - please let Taylor know though that light intensity is measured in lumens - not "kelvins".

Thanks!

#479 2 years ago

I wasn’t referring to the intensity, but to the temperature of the light, ie, Cool vs warm, which is measured in kelvins.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I wasn’t referring to the intensity, but to the temperature of the light, ie, Cool vs warm, which is measured in kelvins.

lol

Thanks Taylor and a belated "Welcome back!". You and Tommy are great pinheads to listen to!

10 months later
#481 1 year ago

Here are our Toy Story 4 thoughts, we aren't dead we are just busy. Hope a few of you still listen!
Well even we could resist talking about the Toy Story 4 release today, and I'm sure we will discuss it more in the future as more gameplay videos come out and we get to flip on one of these machines but here are our initial thoughts as well as some life updates as Tommy awaits the birth of his first child and updates his collection and location!
https://anchor.fm/thisflippinpodcast/episodes/Toy-Story-4-Life-e1jvc83

TFP Episode 119 (resized).pngTFP Episode 119 (resized).png
1 year later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 483 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-podcast-this-flippin-podcast-taylorvatsskinne/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.