(Topic ID: 152406)

BDYETP 84: Princess Bride, Barry’s BBQ, Haggis “recapitalizes,” JJP POTC Review

By KevInBuffalo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    DSCF2105 (resized).JPG
    2017 Mustang GT 350 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    dressing (resized).jpg
    bdyetp7 (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    bdyetp-4_(resized).jpg
    56212293_(resized).jpg
    8931ede5b447ed03fc739d3531db4ac294f6cd16.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-11_at_10.28.16_PM_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    bdyetp-1400_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago

Thanks for the latest show! I have to admit that I skipped through most of the tourney talk (doesn't much interest me), but I enjoyed your review of GoT. Based on the numerous games I've played on an LE, I'd rate it closer to Kevin's 6.5 score than Nick's 8 as I just haven't found it to be as much fun as I had originally expected it to be. I'd like to try out a Pro still though.

2 months later
    #43 7 years ago

Just finished listening - really enjoyed hearing your insights as always. Thank you!

Glad to hear that Martha & Nick enjoyed their visit to Portland and Seattle. Todd MacCulloch and his collection are a definite highlight! Too bad that you didn't get a chance to check out Shorty's too as Avout and Evan (the owner and maintainer respectively) provide every new Stern LE, as it becomes available, for play as well as a great selection of other games in excellent playing condition - Hobbit, MM, TOM, EBD etc among others. Nothing like the combination of first class pinball and a dive bar with character!

#44 7 years ago

Dup (argh!)

1 month later
    #61 7 years ago

Just finished listening to the latest podcast and really enjoyed the variety of interesting topics that you guys discussed. I don't know how you find the time to produce so many different pinball offerings, but I look forward to watching and/or listening to them. Thanks!

5 months later
    #90 7 years ago

Thanks for yet another great podcast - I enjoyed hearing the Bro crew's top 10 Stern game picks! It's interesting to hear what factors influence everyone's (including other podcasters) personal likes/dislikes.

Kudos to Nick for including Mustang (an underplayed and consequently underrated game) on his list and in particular, recognizing its great rules set! It places even higher on my personal Top 10, but then, I'm an "old man" who actually likes the theme as well as its other attributes.

2017 Mustang GT 350 (resized).jpg2017 Mustang GT 350 (resized).jpg

#92 7 years ago

Words of wisdom Jeff!

While Mustang Pro (as featured on Bro Do You Even Pinball and Pinball with the Pros videos) is a fun game in itself, do yourself a favor and find/play a Mustang Premium/LE for a complete gameplay experience. Power Shifts and other added features provide a whole additional strategy/enjoyment dimension to Mustang that has to be experienced to be truly appreciated!

1 month later
    #103 7 years ago
    Quoted from imharrow:

I enjoyed the episode, but found the audio mixing a little frustrating. I realise you guys record this live, so we get what we get, but Ed was much quieter than Nick. Maybe Nick just gets excited and starts talking louder and closer to the Mic. I don't know if there is any adaptive autogain things that could solve it. I realise you are unlikely to record the tracks separately and then mix the final podcast.

Another great podcast - thanks!

FWIW: I found the various audio levels to be off too (which can be frustrating while listening with earbuds as I usually do), but Kevin's volume seemed to be the quietest for me.

8 months later
    #129 6 years ago

I'm enjoying your latest podcast and just finished the portion on your votes for TWIPY awards. Gotta say that I strongly disagree with you on two of your choices:

1) You guys are obviously HUGE Dialed In fans, but to say that it "crushes all other games" as far as lighting effects seems a bit exaggerated. DI's lighting is very nice, but my TWIPY vote easily goes to a more deserving TNA in this category.

2) Aerosmith for best toys/gimmicks (the toybox)? Meh. I think the hyperdrive loop feature in SW is much cooler and unique! (Well, at least you didn't vote for DI again in this category though.)

I know - to each his own. FWIW: I did vote for McSirTuna/BDYEP as best pinball streamer.

Keep up the great work!

4 weeks later
    #136 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

You guys are obviously HUGE Dialed In fans, but to say that it "crushes all other games" as far as lighting effects seems a bit exaggerated. DI's lighting is very nice, but my TWIPY vote easily goes to a more deserving TNA in this category. ...

Quoted from FalconPunch:

TnA is great. But Dialed in is a deeper game - and has a lot more lightshow effects than TnA ...

Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

For #1, TNA does have nice lighting and should be commended. But have you spent much time with DI, especially the latest code? It's better. ...

Hah! The TWIPY voters have agreed - TNA wins for BEST LIGHT SHOW!!!

Congratulations to Scott Danesi for a spectacular lighting design and a well deserved TWIPY award!

#138 6 years ago

No acknowledgement of Kaneda's podcast category win in your TWIPY awards recap?!

Apparently you guys have no love for Chris, but your snubbing of his award achievement seems a bit beneath you.

Personally, I enjoy both of your podcasts - thanks for another good one otherwise!

5 months later
    #145 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I enjoy your videos. Great work. I like to hear lots of different options and perspectives on pinball.

I appreciate varying perspectives on games as well, but seriously question why Nick is even providing a final rating for Houdini when he, admittedly, has not experienced the game fully. To state that it's "not fun" when he hasn't played it in a proper environment, AND when Buffalo Pinball's own stream (which he did not participate in) shows otherwise, is a total joke.

Please, the game - and those at American Pinball who have worked so hard to produce it - deserves better than a half-baked review.

Thanks for your effort, but give us a fully informed review or don't bother.

7 months later
    #158 5 years ago

BDYETP Munsters review in short:

Kevin: "It's pinball."

Nick: "Doesn't interest me."

Hmmm ... Pirates or Munsters ... Pirates or Munsters ... which would the Bro Crew pick?

#160 5 years ago

Fair point and duly noted. Just givin' you guys a friendly jab.

Actually, the prior collective Buffalo Pinball videos and expressed opinions were a factor in me cancelling my Munsters LE order and purchasing a Pirates LE instead. So ... thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tuna_delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-podcast-bro-do-you-even-talk-pinball?tu=tuna_delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.