(Topic ID: 152406)

BDYETP 84: Princess Bride, Barry’s BBQ, Haggis “recapitalizes,” JJP POTC Review

By KevInBuffalo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    DSCF2105 (resized).JPG
    2017 Mustang GT 350 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    dressing (resized).jpg
    bdyetp7 (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    bdyetp-4_(resized).jpg
    56212293_(resized).jpg
    8931ede5b447ed03fc739d3531db4ac294f6cd16.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-11_at_10.28.16_PM_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    bdyetp-1400_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NickBuffaloPinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Too bad that you didn't get a chance to check out Shorty's too as Avout and Evan (the owner and maintainer respectively) provide every new Stern LE, as it becomes available, for play as well as a great selection of other games in excellent playing condition - Hobbit, MM, TOM, EBD etc among others. Nothing like the combination of first class pinball and a dive bar with character!

Portland and Seattle were both so awesome that I can see us going back within the next couple of years. Next time I won't miss Shorty's.

1 month later
    8 months later
    #111 6 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Great podcast guys! I actually think you were generous in your BM66 review rating. Thought one of you would of had it at a burn it rating for sure only kidding. Spot on with the review. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Eskaybee for the kind words. Hopefully Lyman can work his magic and at least get the code up to snuff. -Nick

6 months later
    #132 6 years ago

First, thanks for your vote!

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

1) You guys are obviously HUGE Dialed In fans, but to say that it "crushes all other games" as far as lighting effects seems a bit exaggerated. DI's lighting is very nice, but my TWIPY vote easily goes to a more deserving TNA in this category.

2) Aerosmith for best toys/gimmicks (the toybox)? Meh. I think the hyperdrive loop feature in SW is much cooler and unique! (Well, at least you didn't vote for DI again in this category though.)

For #1, TNA does have nice lighting and should be commended. But have you spent much time with DI, especially the latest code? It's better. It simply does more and has more of an effect. It's tied in nicely to the presentation of the game. Lighting is an area where DI really shines.

For #2, the hyperloop is kinda cool, ball goes around the playfield fast. For me, the toybox edges that out with the fact that it opens, ball flies through the air, then lands in it, and closes. Taking it one step further, it's a great multiball when potentially 6 balls come flying out (the presentation with the sounds and lighting effects help to make it something special). To me, that's just "more" than what the hyperloop does.

We may have to agree to disagree

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

The toy box is especially cool when it misses all the time #teamxenomorph

Don't go there Kev. The failure rate on the toy box pales in comparison to the failure rate of the xenomorph.

1 year later
    #164 5 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Btw, Nick, I'm guessing you have a PB-3000? I've got roughly 500lbs of subs in my HT room... so I totally get your desire to get it right. If you ever want to talk HT, shoot me a PM.

Yes! I ended up going with the PB-3000, even if it's hard to notice a huge difference with the 2000. I'm really digging SVS subs.

Would be cool to see pics of your setup.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NickBuffaloPinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-podcast-bro-do-you-even-talk-pinball?tu=NickBuffaloPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.