(Topic ID: 152406)

Bro, do you even talk pinball? Ep 50: The Bros are back in town (+Song Contest!)

By KevInBuffalo

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 191 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by KevInBuffalo
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2017 Mustang GT 350 (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    dressing (resized).jpg
    bdyetp7 (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    bdyetp-4_(resized).jpg
    56212293_(resized).jpg
    8931ede5b447ed03fc739d3531db4ac294f6cd16.jpeg_(resized).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2016-04-11_at_10.28.16_PM_(resized).png
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    bdyetp-1400_(resized).jpg

There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 4 years ago

Just what the world needed, another pinball podcast! We record "Bro, do you even talk pinball?" live on Twitch with interaction from the audience then post the audio to our podcast feed.

We just did episode 0, which is our pilot episode where we share our pinball "origin stories," game room updates and review Stern's 2011 release, Tron Legacy pinball.

All your viewing/listening options are now in one place at: http://buffalopinball.com/podcast/

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...l/id1084610691
    On Stitcher: http://stitcher.com/s?fid=83310&refid=stpr
    Or on Podcast Garden: http://www.podcastgarden.com/podcast/buffalopinball

The video version is also available on our YouTube channel if you want to watch:

Comments/feedback/thoughts appreciated! Come join us live at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball if you want to be a part of the show, or just listen and enjoy/not enjoy as it may be.

bdyetp-1400_(resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

I spread the word on the 2 worthy video game podcasts thread. Will have a listen tomorrow.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks so much! Let us know what you think after you check it out.

#4 4 years ago

Cool! One can never have too many pinball podcasts to listen to. Subscribed and planned to listen for tomorrows bike ride to HQ

#5 4 years ago

Congrats. Look forward To checking it out.

#7 4 years ago

Added to favorites

#9 4 years ago

The MP3 links on Podcast Garden do not work.

#10 4 years ago

Oh great another one....JK. I tuned in for a few minutes during Twitch, I think thats a really cool format, will check out the rest on my work drive this week, thanks guys. -Tommy

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

The MP3 links on Podcast Garden do not work.

Thanks - I noticed that on Saturday. Got a ticket in with Podcast Garden support, will hopefully have it sorted out soon. iTunes and Stitcher are still working in the meantime.

Will post back when I hear back from them. Any other podcasters ever had this problem with them? Stitcher and iTunes pull from the Podcast Garden feed so it was working at one point.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Thanks - I noticed that on Saturday. Got a ticket in with Podcast Garden support, will hopefully have it sorted out soon. iTunes and Stitcher are still working in the meantime.
    Will post back when I hear back from them. Any other podcasters ever had this problem with them? Stitcher and iTunes pull from the Podcast Garden feed so it was working at one point.

Tommy doesn't let me post them, I just mix them, so I'm absolutely no help whatsoever.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Tommy doesn't let me post them, I just mix them, so I'm absolutely no help whatsoever.

Thanks for nothing Taylor!

#14 4 years ago

Thanks for nothing Taylor!

it's the least I can do.

$10 donation to my beer fund if you play Pinball Wizard by the Who during your broadcast tonight.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I tried to let Taylor post this weekend and he wanted nothing to do with it! I haven't listened to our own show yet, please tell me we open and close with Rollergames Official Soundtrack otherwise my cover art makes no sense.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

I tried to let Taylor post this weekend and he wanted nothing to do with it! I haven't listened to our own show yet, please tell me we open and close with Rollergames Official Soundtrack otherwise my cover art makes no sense.

Can we please keep this ON TOPIC!! MODERATORS!!!!!!

And no, we don't open with Rollergames anything and I'm laughing as I type this!!! There goes another award opportunity.

Bump.

#17 4 years ago

On topic, is Ed talking tonight with you guys or are you playing pinball with him as the special guest?

#18 4 years ago

We're playing against him in standard Bro show format. So lots of pinball playing, but we'll be talking too.

#19 4 years ago

Dammit, now I have to mute the TV...just kidding, looking forward to it. Didn't get to play for three days over the weekend so I'll have to get a few games in while you guys play.

#20 4 years ago

Ok I deleted and re-uploaded the podcast--I had to fork over the $4/month to Podcast Garden to get it to go. Kinda like they planned this all along...

Check your feeds and it should be there. Fingers crossed that it stays this time.

#21 4 years ago

Ahh Yes......oh_tron_put_it_in_me.

Nice start gentlemen.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Ahh Yes......oh_tron_put_it_in_me.
    Nice start gentlemen.

Oh the trolls. Gotta love 'em!

2 weeks later
    #23 4 years ago

Tonight we're talking Ghostbusters, reviewing Stern's Big Buck Hunter Pro and more!

Watch and join the conversation live at 8:30 p.m. Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball -- or it'll be hitting your podcast feeds soon after.

image_(resized).jpeg

#24 4 years ago

Refresh your feeds, episode 01 is live! We break down the Ghostbusters reveal, talk about building a pinball community in your area and review Stern's Big Buck Hunter Pro:

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/e01-ghostbusters-big-buck-hunter-review-and-building-a-pinball-community_73427

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...l/id1084610691
    http://stitcher.com/s?fid=83310&refid=stpr

image_(resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
    #25 4 years ago

Episode 2 is up! We recap PAPA 19 and the Ohio Pinball Show and review Game of Thrones. Watch/listen at http://www.buffalopinball.com/podcast

Screen_Shot_2016-04-11_at_10.28.16_PM_(resized).png

#26 4 years ago

Thanks for the latest show! I have to admit that I skipped through most of the tourney talk (doesn't much interest me), but I enjoyed your review of GoT. Based on the numerous games I've played on an LE, I'd rate it closer to Kevin's 6.5 score than Nick's 8 as I just haven't found it to be as much fun as I had originally expected it to be. I'd like to try out a Pro still though.

#27 4 years ago

Just finished listening to episode 2, well done.....really makes me want to make the trek to PAPA someday. You guys didn't mention the battering ram on all GoT models...guess it didn't leave an impression with either of you. There is an alternate translite that Scott G. (Wrath of Olympus) made...looks pretty good IMO.

#28 4 years ago

Really enjoyed the last podcast. The whole twitch thing and taking questions from chat is a great idea. The review of GOT was excellent as well.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Just finished listening to episode 2, well done.....really makes me want to make the trek to PAPA someday. You guys didn't mention the battering ram on all GoT models...guess it didn't leave an impression with either of you. There is an alternate translite that Scott G. (Wrath of Olympus) made...looks pretty good IMO.

Nice backglass! Yeah I thought of the battering ram the next day, though I was thinking about how it's another one of the things that tends to not work out of the box. :/

#30 4 years ago

Thanks for the podcast!

I think your GOT reviews were pretty spot on and really reflect others' opinions. For example, the guy that rated it 6.5 had no clue about the rules and therefore had a less desirable time on it. And he is right in saying there's no go to toys or shots for novice players. The guy that rated it 8 was spot on with how the rules are more developed for advanced players which gives it a more long term and fun appeal. Good stuff!

I also agree about the sounds. Rory McCann (The Hound) NAILED IT with his call outs. But there's a lot missing sounds from the game (certain modes, WHC mb, special progression sound effects, etc...)

I also completely agree about the pro playing better than the PREM. To me, the pro is fast flowy and exciting. The PREM was slower and not a very satisfying to shoot table.

Thanks again for the podcast and reviews. Keep em coming.

#31 4 years ago

6.5 guy = Kevin (me)
    8 guy = Nick (gusphan)

Thanks for listening and your feedback!

#32 4 years ago

6.5 guy = Kevin (me)
    8 guy = Nick (gusphan)
    Thanks for listening and your feedback!

Ok, you suck. Nick is cool.

Haha just messing. Enjoyed the podcast

#33 4 years ago

Good cop/bad cop. I'm ok with that. Haha

#34 4 years ago

ill listen to it tmrw at work Great job guys keep up good work.

3 weeks later
    #35 4 years ago

New cast! Tag team broadcast with Taylor Reece from This Flippin' Podcast from a hotel during the Allentown Pinfest. We talk about the Pinfest show, give Ghostbusters impressions, review The Walking Dead and more.

Refresh your feeds or visit http://www.buffalopinball.com/podcast (the YouTube version is still processing so give that some time).

#36 4 years ago

Oh snap! Ya'll stole my partner!

#37 4 years ago

It was just a one night stand

#38 4 years ago

It was just a one night stand

56212293_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
    #39 4 years ago

Episode 4 is up, now with 99% less echo!

We talk about the upcoming Buffalo Pinball Summer Open PAPA Circuit Event, share tips on buying a new in box pinball machine, review Stern KISS and more!

Refresh your feeds or visit http://www.buffalopinball.com/podcast

bdyetp-4_(resized).jpg

#40 4 years ago

YouTube version finally finished processing, here it is:

4 weeks later
    #41 4 years ago

Ep. 5 - Portland Road Trippin', PBR/Domino's/Timeshock talk, Metallica Review

Martha joins me and Nick to discuss their pinball vacation to Portland and Seattle. We also talk about the news on Pabst Can Crusher, Domino's Pinball Adventure and Timeshock and review Stern's Metallica!

Audio: http://www.buffalopinball.com/podcast
    Video:

#42 4 years ago

As punishment for Don calling you dicks, I think you should sell the game to me when you're done with it.

#43 4 years ago

Just finished listening - really enjoyed hearing your insights as always. Thank you!

Glad to hear that Martha & Nick enjoyed their visit to Portland and Seattle. Todd MacCulloch and his collection are a definite highlight! Too bad that you didn't get a chance to check out Shorty's too as Avout and Evan (the owner and maintainer respectively) provide every new Stern LE, as it becomes available, for play as well as a great selection of other games in excellent playing condition - Hobbit, MM, TOM, EBD etc among others. Nothing like the combination of first class pinball and a dive bar with character!

#44 4 years ago

Dup (argh!)

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

As punishment for Don calling you dicks, I think you should sell the game to me when you're done with it.

Deal!

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Too bad that you didn't get a chance to check out Shorty's too as Avout and Evan (the owner and maintainer respectively) provide every new Stern LE, as it becomes available, for play as well as a great selection of other games in excellent playing condition - Hobbit, MM, TOM, EBD etc among others. Nothing like the combination of first class pinball and a dive bar with character!

Portland and Seattle were both so awesome that I can see us going back within the next couple of years. Next time I won't miss Shorty's.

#47 4 years ago

Hey Guys. Love the podcast. Do you think you could balance your levels a little ? Martha is very quiet in the latest episode.

Keep up the great work.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from stoptap:

Hey Guys. Love the podcast. Do you think you could balance your levels a little ? Martha is very quiet in the latest episode.
    Keep up the great work.

Thanks! Nick and Martha were sharing a mic this episode so she was further away from it and not getting picked up as well. Maybe we'll have her skype in next time

#49 4 years ago

Thanks! Nick and Martha were sharing a mic this episode so she was further away from it and not getting picked up as well. Maybe we'll have her skype in next time

Good stuff.

I know everybody does a 'top three' or ' top ten' segment in podcasts but instead of machines may I suggest a 'top five features' segment ?

For example Top Five Multiball Starts (Addams wins) or Top Five Music (Banzai Run wins) or Top Five Replay Awards (Banzai again) etc.
    If you break it down there are a lot of little features about pinball machines that some do much better than others.

2 weeks later
    #50 3 years ago

Episode 6 is up, just in time for your road trip to ReplayFX/Pinburgh!

Adam Gacek from Domino's joins the show to talk about the new Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure machine, we recap our trip to Jersey Jack Pinball to stream The Hobbit live from the factory, preview Pinburgh/ReplayFX 2016 and review Stern's Ghostbusters Pro!

Audio: http://www.buffalopinball.com/podcast
    Video:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 68.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 86.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 191 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside