(Topic ID: 239939)

Poor Man's Pinball Podcast ***New Episode up!***

By Poorman

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0CF6EE3D-135B-4CFE-AD4A-29766E69AD74 (resized).jpeg
    6E62FBEB-B736-46FB-A7A9-4F9515C40E9E (resized).jpeg
    PPN LOGO (resized).png
    Poor Mans Pinball Podcast Tee (resized).png
    IM_FUNBUCKET (resized).png
    20200305_213720 (resized).jpg
    psst2 (resized).jpg
    psst (resized).jpg
    uvst (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpeg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

No love for toppers?!

"Fuckin' Fridays" pinball-free content is fuckin' boring?!

No funds to buy uber expensive Collector Edition pins?

No matter - you guys are the salt of the Cheeseland earth and I'm casting my TWIPY vote for Poor Man's podcast this year instead of Kaneda!

You're refreshing enough.

You're entertaining enough.

And doggone it ... pinheads like you!!!

images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No love for toppers?!
    "Fuckin' Fridays" pinball-free content is fuckin' boring?!
    No funds to buy uber expensive Collector Edition pins?
    No matter - you guys are the salt of the Cheeseland earth and I'm casting my TWIPY vote for Poor Man's podcast this year instead of Kaneda!
    You're refreshing enough.
    You're entertaining enough.
    And doggone it ... pinheads like you!!!
    [quoted image]

Thanx Tuna_Delight we really appreciate it. We are up to 4 votes now

2 months later
    #54 4 years ago

You post on here to much.

1 week later
    #55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sijcolo:

You post on here to much.

ha ha ha ha... Thanks Sijcolo!

2 weeks later
    #56 4 years ago

https://poormanspinballpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-45-scott-from-pinstadium-tim-lee-chris-hoeper-uv-oh-my

This episode was a collaboration of lots of great guys in our hobby... a special thank you to Scott from Pinstadium, check out his Stranger Things UV kit for only $180! Enter "poorman" at check out and receive 10% off your order. https://pinstadium.com/

Thank you to Tim Lee Poor Man's Pinball Podcast Tribe Member #12 for sharing his podcast with us.

Thank you to Martin Robbins from The Pinball Network for having a bit of fun with us and doing a last minute intro for our new dumb game. Check out his podcast over at The Pinball Network. It's called Final Round Pinball.

Special Thanks to Chris Hoeper Mr. Kid Chrisso himself for that awesome BrickShot!

Thanks for listening!

Like us on Facebook The Poor Man's Pinball Podcast

email us at [email protected]

Buy our swag over at https://silverballswag.com/collections/poor-mans-pinball-podcast

#57 4 years ago

Shown here is the UV kit from Pinstadium Lights. This is only the straight UV that interacts with Stranger Things upside down world code. This isn’t always turned on. It’s the same as Stetns kit with 2 big differences. First it exposes 100% of the play field UV reactive paint vs Sterns 60%.

And second it’s $180!

uvst (resized).jpguvst (resized).jpg
    #58 4 years ago

Here is a before and after with the 2nd available option with the Pin Stadiums GI and the UV together (The Pinstadium Experience).
    This shows how they work with the projector with the new Invisi-Shield. With the lights at the new angle it does not interfere with the projector!
    $280 for this kit.

psst (resized).jpgpsst (resized).jpgpsst2 (resized).jpgpsst2 (resized).jpg
    #59 4 years ago

Great episode! I'm going with the Pinstadium UV lights the minute they come out.

#60 4 years ago

Ordered my Pinstadium lights this morning for Stranger Things. Drew and Ian, thanks for a great interview. It sold me on the Pinstadium lights!

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Ordered my Pinstadium lights this morning for Stranger Things. Drew and Ian, thanks for a great interview. It sold me on the Pinstadium lights!

Thanx Looprunner our ruse of not being shills has worked...we get a percent of every pin stadium ordered bwhahahahaha lol
    thanx for listening

#62 4 years ago

Good episode fellas.

#63 4 years ago

Good listen. I want to hear more from Dave.
    What is his top 10 in his own collection or all time?
    Sounds like he has some great game hunt stories and brings the knowledge to share..

..unlike you two knuckleheads...

#64 4 years ago

can I just say how much I love you buttholes?

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Good listen. I want to hear more from Dave. ...

Thanks for another action-packed episode guys!

I'd like to hear more from Dave too. Please adjust his mike or ask him to speak the hell up next time though. Everytime I turned up the volume on my earbuds to hear him, I'd get blasted out by you guys talking right into a mike.

Now get off my lawn and go play some pinball!

#66 4 years ago

Nice episode guys. Looking forward to Friday.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sijcolo:

Nice episode guys. Looking forward to Friday.

Fuck Fridays!

#68 4 years ago

Thanks for another action-packed episode guys!
    I'd like to hear more from Dave too. Please adjust his mike or ask him to speak the hell up next time though. Everytime I turned up the volume on my earbuds to hear him, I'd get blasted out by you guys talking right into a mike.
    Now get off my lawn and go play some pinball!

Drew and I agree 100% When we did mic checks he came in loud and clear. I think what happened was Drew and I got excited that Dave was on and we started yelling into the mics like a couple of damn apes.

I promise the next time we have Dave on I will be sure to turn us down and him up. He has so much knowledge and when you sit there and talk with him he can just spit it out like it's nothing. Incredible guest and a great friend.

And sorry again about the audio... we will eventually get this thing right! lol

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

can I just say how much I love you buttholes?

Oh you can say it... butthole.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Sijcolo:Nice episode guys. Looking forward to Friday.

Why???? Kidding Kidding... it was a silly one. Hope you enjoy it!

#71 4 years ago

If it's not too late or hasn't been suggested can you throw in The Blues Brother's into the hat for dream themes . It's a great segment and you guys will have a lot of fun with it . I also have a feeling that the guy who suggested the "original " Mummy , meant the Brendan Fraser one not the Tom Cruise one .

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

If it's not too late or hasn't been suggested can you throw in The Blues Brother's into the hat for dream themes . It's a great segment and you guys will have a lot of fun with it . I also have a feeling that the guy who suggested the "original " Mummy , meant the Brendan Fraser one not the Tom Cruise one .

Blues Brothers 2000?

#73 4 years ago

kidchrisso way too tame of a BRICK SHOT OH YEAH! my brother.... come on, give it hell like you used to!!

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Blues Brothers 2000?

Looprunner screaminr we will throw blues brothers and BB 2000 in the hat haha

#75 4 years ago

I'd like to hear more from Dave too. Please adjust his mike or ask him to speak the hell up next time though.

Sorry, this was only podcast #3 for me. Plus, i'm not as animated as Drew and Ian.

Quoted from Vino:

ood listen. I want to hear more from Dave.
    What is his top 10 in his own collection or all time?
    Sounds like he has some great game hunt stories and brings the knowledge to share..

The top 10 list I had was my opinion for early solid state in my collection. I do have some top 10 lists from other sources for early solid state of all time.

I would have to think harder about Top 10 - All Time for all era's. It's hard to compare games made in the 70's vs games made today.

And yes, I have lots of crazy game hunting stories. For a future show: Quicksilver 1 and 2, Robot, Eight Ball Deluxe & Nitro Groundshaker

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

Sorry, this was only podcast #3 for me. Plus, i'm not as animated as Drew and Ian.

No worries. Looking forward to your next podcast guest spot!

Thanks for the interesting info as well as sharing your great collection via turbografx7's streams!

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Blues Brothers 2000?

Had some great music but it just got a bit silly

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from drewbo81:

looprunner screaminr we will throw blues brothers and BB 2000 in the hat haha

Thanks Drew . What about a Fuck it Friday cocktail / drink of the week . I still have to try a White Russian after hearing you talk about it but I've getting into the Wild Turkey lately .

1 week later
    #79 4 years ago

Drew killed it in leagues tonight! Jeremy
    20200305_213720 (resized).jpg20200305_213720 (resized).jpg

#80 4 years ago

Episode 48 was a good one! Pete is doing some really good things with his band!

#81 4 years ago

Another great episode. Donated to nacho street band.

#82 4 years ago

Suppose I should put the link up so Pinsiders can ignore it! lol

New Episode UP!!!! Oh yeah... this time we come at you straight from the heart... Pete Quint is doing great things and you all should be involved. Please give to his charity

Help the Ronald McDonald House of Central Ohio out with a little charity donation. They Nacho Street Band is working with Project Pinball to get a Pinball Machine in the McDonald House.
    learn more at
    http://nachostreet.org/
    Like them on Facebook!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/180858596586679/

Listen here:
    https://poormanspinballpodcast.libsyn.com/episode-48-guest-pete-quint-dad-jokes-and-drew-talks-about-his-jurassic-park-and-doesnt-cry

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Episode 48 was a good one! Pete is doing some really good things with his band!

Quoted from Sijcolo:

Another great episode. Donated to nacho street band.

Thanks for listening guys... Pete was hilarious and just an amazing guest. He also is doing such cool things for the Ronald McDonald House of Central Ohio. Proud to be a very small part of it!

Stay cool guys...

Ian

#84 4 years ago

thanks for the shout out guys! love the podcast. recommend a listen for sure. So jealous drew is going to present a TWIP award with frenche. I will be in the crowd. can't wait! jeremy

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

So jealous drew is going to present a TWIP award with frenche.

Drew and Franchi presenting an award at the twips ? That's just asking for trouble .

#86 4 years ago

Although you guys seemed like you were all at least 2 sheets to the wind, I'm not gonna cut you any slack on your comments re: JJP POTC. If you EVER have the privilege of owning and playing this fantastic game at home, you're going to realize what a bunch of ignorant dumbasses you sounded like!

"It's too complex!"

"They shouldn't have put all 5 movies into it!"

"Why are there 22 characters to play as?"

"They should have just captured the spirit of Pirates of the Caribbean!"

WTF?! Boo hoo! Man up, you wussies and learn to truly appreciate immersive deep code and wonderfully innovative features!

Pete apparently is a pinball novice who doesn't own any real pinball machines and favors playing simpler Bally/Williams 90's games, but what's your excuse Ian and Drew?!

Stop channeling Kaneda and open up your pinball horizons! Criminy!!!

Now go forth and sin no more!

P.S. Still love your podcast - thanks!

#87 4 years ago

Although you guys seemed like you were all at least 2 sheets to the wind, I'm not gonna cut you any slack on your comments re: JJP POTC. If you EVER have the privilege of owning and playing this fantastic game at home, you're going to realize what a bunch of ignorant dumbasses you sounded like!
    "It's too complex!"
    "They should have just captured the spirit of the films!"
    WTF?! Boo hoo! Man up, you wussies and learn to truly appreciate immersive deep code and wonderfully innovative features!
    Pete apparently is a pinball novice who doesn't own any real pinball machines and favors playing simpler Bally/Williams 90's games, but what's your excuse Ian and Drew?!

Oh come on Big Tuna... I still dont think the game should have had all 5 movies in it!

Just like I dont think putting all the Harry Potters in one single machine is a good idea.

Why are there 22 characters? Did we really need that many? Do we really have to own this game to fully enjoy it?

My man these are all issues... sorry to disagree with you but I think it's too much. Still nothing but love for you Tuna... appreciate the feedback. I know for a fact that we are probably in the minority. Your points are sound. I think it comes down to personal preference.

-Ian

#88 4 years ago

Ian. Ian. Ian ...

That's like asking why the Godfather movies needed to be more than 2 hours long or why a Mozart composition can't make do with half the notes it contains. Someday, you'll put some quality time in on JJP POTC and understand!

Until then, you can count on me to be there for you & Drew and continue to slap you upside of the head.
    Online anway.

Keep being you man!

#89 4 years ago

Ian. Ian. Ian ...
    That's like asking why the Godfather movies needed to be more than 2 hours long or why a Mozart composition can't make do with half the notes it contains. Someday, you'll put some quality time in on JJP POTC and understand!
    Until then, you can count on me to be there for you & Drew and continue to slap you upside of the head.
    Online anway.
    Keep being you man!

We need that Tuna!

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Oh come on Big Tuna... I still dont think the game should have had all 5 movies in it!
    Just like I dont think putting all the Harry Potters in one single machine is a good idea.
    Why are there 22 characters? Did we really need that many? Do we really have to own this game to fully enjoy it?
    My man these are all issues... sorry to disagree with you but I think it's too much. Still nothing but love for you Tuna... appreciate the feedback. I know for a fact that we are probably in the minority. Your points are sound. I think it comes down to personal preference.
    -Ian

I still don't understand this whole complexity argument in pinball. POTC is very easy to understand and for those who argue about games being to confusing, like this, SW, Willy Wonka then just make it simple. Select any character and play the game and don't worry about their built in powers/features. Shoot the light shots. 5 movies = 5 different chapters, with 5 modes in each. Play them, progress, play multiballs, then play wizard modes. It's amusing how simple it really is. SW, you don't like multipliers then don't worry about it. I don't even move it around I just play for progression. You don't want to stack modes, then turn the feature off or here's an idea, don't stack modes.

I am also someone that can play an hour game every night, that's why I own games like BM 66, Hobbit, POTC, and even JP can have long games. And when I want a shorter game I'll just play for certain parts in the game. Love your podcasts keep up the good work

#91 4 years ago

"It's too complex!"
    "They should have just captured the spirit of Pirates of the Caribbean!"

I've only played this game four times. I don't mind it having 22 options. However; when I played it on location I was completely overwhelmed with the game. It was still fun and I could see it being an awesome home pin.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

I've only played this game four times. I don't mind it having 22 options. However; when I played it on location I was completely overwhelmed with the game. It was still fun and I could see it being an awesome home pin.

You are correct on both counts. It can seem overwhelming to someone just playing it casually on route, but then again, almost all new pinball games can be as well. And it is a truly awesome pin in a home environment! Having gameplay strategy options is a GOOD THING to maintain long-term interest and fun!

Honestly, JJP POTC's rules were no harder for me to learn than any other newer Stern pin such as IMDN, TWD, MET, etc.

1 month later
    #94 3 years ago

Spoiler for this weeks show, without context.

IM_FUNBUCKET (resized).pngIM_FUNBUCKET (resized).png
    1 week later
    #96 3 years ago

Highly recommend this podcast! Everyone will love their guest this week.

#98 3 years ago

Good episode this week. Can’t wait for the next one. I look forward to each episode.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from Looprunner:

Highly recommend this podcast! Everyone will love their guest this week.

Word on the street: Ian talks Kaneda into buying an Oktoberfest!

AND ... wearing socks.

2 weeks later
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-podcast-alertpoormans-pinball-podcast/page/2?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.