Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

This just started happening to me today. I see that I have new PMs via the number next to the icon on the bar at top left.

However, when I click on the icon to take me to the PM page, I don't see any indicators as to which conversations have new messages.

I've tested in MS Edge, Chrome, and on my iPhone, and they all are doing the same thing. Any ideas what might be going on?
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2 4 years ago

The number signifies how many unread messages you have. It's possible that there is an older unread message somewhere further back in your PM history.

#3 4 years ago

No, this is only an example. It has been occurring when I have 2 or 3 messages also. If I open the top thread(s) when this is the case, indeed there are new messages in them even though the new message icons for each were not activated.

#4 4 years ago

I’m just checking in this morning from a different device, and the same issue is occurring. I have the bouncing envelope icon signifying I have a new PM, I click it to go to PM page, there are no messages with new message icons, but the top two messages indeed have new posts in them.

#5 4 years ago

I'm seeing this too. No indication of new messages in the message thread list. Looks like a recent regression, started happening to me yesterday.

#6 4 years ago

I’ve had issues as well. Using an iPhone and safari

#7 4 years ago

Seems like a definite issue then. I have a multitude of PM conversations going on a regular basis, so this behavior is quite the pain.

#8 4 years ago

Some processes have been acting up resulting in some weird caching behavior, I'm working on a solution!

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Some processes have been acting up resulting in some weird caching behavior, I'm working on a solution!

Thank you for addressing the issue.

#10 4 years ago

Thanks for reporting, I was just coming here to do the same.

#11 4 years ago

Yep same issue here. At least getting the email and dancing envelope.

#12 4 years ago

Any update on progress towards resolution?

#13 4 years ago

Thank you, Robin for figuring out and solving the PM notification issue!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pm-icon-shows-but-pm-page-not-indicating-new-messages and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.