10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Syco54645
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Anyone ever bought from Peter? Any opinions if so on his playfields?

Thanks

Dave

2 weeks later
    #2 10 years ago

Well I ordered one so will we see..

#3 10 years ago

Funny that playfield shown in their website (http://perfectplayfields.com/collections/playfields/products/getaway-playfield) has quite big alignement issues, look at those right hand side holes vs. graphics. I think that those are too off, rollover-switch cuotouts are atleast 5mm off, as all lamp holes etc. Not a good reference IMO. Hopefully wood in use is harder that normally used in repro-playfields, shooter lane looks much more nicer than in Mircos and IPB's playfields.

#4 10 years ago

Doh! I cant tell that stuff. Shipping mine off to Jim so he can either decide its good, fix it or restore my old one. I will let the expert make the call. But hopefully I get a good one..

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tensikka:

Funny that playfield shown in their website has quite big alignement issues

perfectplayfields? Not quite. Hopefully the picture is not representative of the one David ordered, but it is a bit ominous that the one they chose to put on the website is that far off.

If it's already on order, Jim can certainly make the call on whether to use it or not. Maybe it's just the graphics and the holes will line up where they should, but even then, stuff that isn't hidden (switch slots, etc.) would look pretty poor. Who knows, maybe the one you ordered is a "perfectplayfield" and it won't be an issue.

#6 10 years ago

A friend of mine bought a pf from Peter and I saw highres pictures.
    The playfields are very nice, not 100% percent **BUT** I am in the hobby for over 10 years now.
    Around year 2000 you had the choice NOS or nothing. Meanwhile NOS is out or unpayable in most cases ( TAF playfield for 1800 dollar ... my whole TAF costs around 800 dollar).
    So ... be happy that there are new playfields !! The price is fair, other repro playfields cost much more and a non-perfect repro is better than a worn out playfield.
    I do playfieldrenovations and a fact is, if you brush holes and the holes from switchcontacts you have to brush "wood". Under clearcoat you always see that this is brushed. Broken inserts are hard to fix due to the "white-clearcoat" on the playfields, possible but hard to match. Working many hours on a playfield will also cost money ... so a repro is a fair alternate.

BUT ... different people expect different quality. I bought a WhiWi repro-playfield and I like
    it. A friend of mine came over, looked and said: NO GO !! Some inserts are splitted in the plastic.
    So I dont care .. would never buy such a playfield.

Also on MM repros .. I hate that ceramic-clearcoat, others like it. So I pay for it, sand it down and clearcoat again. The alternate would be restoring the old playfield or NOS .. or nothing

Just my 5 cent

#7 10 years ago

If somebody is willing to put that much of hours to generate reproduction playfield, this little alignment issue should be very easy and fast to fix, it's just something to do with router that carves those holes. Graphics etc. are top notch, I'm sure. My point was that when doing something this big, output and showpieces should be perfect, many people in this hobby are so anal (incl. myself) so it would be easy way to prevent all hassle and unneccesary talk. And I agree TomDK, it's great that we have repros nowadays for so many titles so people can refurbish these old games and playing can continue. Only thing that I don't fully understand are choices that these repro-playfieldmakers makes, about game titles that get's produced (understand licensing etc. issues), some material choices and pricing (how can same playfield cost same amount in USD and EUR when playfield is made in EU???)

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tensikka:

Funny that playfield shown in their website (http://perfectplayfields.com/collections/playfields/products/getaway-playfield) has quite big alignement issues, look at those right hand side holes vs. graphics. I think that those are too off, rollover-switch cuotouts are atleast 5mm off, as all lamp holes etc. Not a good reference IMO. Hopefully wood in use is harder that normally used in repro-playfields, shooter lane looks much more nicer than in Mircos and IPB's playfields.

Wow that is just piss poor...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-playfields-b-t-automaten-hamburg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.