(Topic ID: 242887)

New places to play in "The OC" (So. Cal.)

By Blenderhead

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by bruinfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hi folks,

I decided I'm finding locations to put my games out on location here in Northern OC. I am focusing on Huntington Beach mainly, but areas nearby are also on my radar. I currently have (2) on locations: 1, is an old EM called "Eager Beaver" which is at Stoney's Pizza at Warner and PCH. The playfield looks like NOS... it is a 1965 game, has just over 4k on the play counter... pretty sure this was a HUO game. Simple, yet fun. Every light and function works last I checked..... 2 player game.

2nd on location.... restored Bally Flash Gordon. This FG is at Santa Ana River Brewing Company in Santa Ana, Ca. Besides having my FG there, they also have some VERY GOOD craft beers on tap, and also often have a food truck with some "really good!" food to fill your tummy with food needs.. I will rotate games at this location after a few months...

Next up... finding a location for: Bally "Skateball" (restored with all new CPR "silver" playfield, all new bumper bodies, skirts, etc, all new targets, upgraded with LED's... this one looks like it left the Bally factory then had LED upgrades.... update to follow once on location...

Next... Earthshaker. Unfaded orig. cab (beautiful). All new upper playfield hardware including ALL new ramps, plastics. Original factory playfield had mylar which has been removed.. beautiful original playfield underneath cleaned, and then automotive carnuba wax applied.. plays absolutely perfect. Also, has "sinking institute mod" installed. Originally only on sample ES).

If anyone knows (preferably) a brewery location, or sports pub, or any other potential location... I'm willing to take the risk and put a game out or 2, or 3, or 4. Please let me know. Even cool old EM's mind find a home somewhere. Help me bring games on location for everyone to enjoy here in So Cal., we need all the help we can get!

#2 4 years ago

Cmon people, reply!!! Lets get some game on location in Calif so cal

#3 4 years ago

who wants me to put my Skateball somewhere so you can test it out and critque it?? Bring it on!!

#4 4 years ago

You can put that Skateball up at my house and I'll test it out.

#5 4 years ago

Its been a while since I was inside, but you could hit up Barley Forge Brewing Co.

I don't make it over there much, but maybe somewhere in Old Towne Orange?

Nice to see more pins out on location--best of luck!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-places-to-play-in-the-oc-so-cal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.