Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sunsfan23
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

For $50 less, unless you want to be able to use headphones and the speakers at the same time (which I don't care about at all), I see no downside...

Thoughts?

https://www.pinsound.org/pinball-sound-boards-neo-plus/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=it-s-not-a-girl-not-a-boy-it-s-a-sound-board_11

#2 3 years ago

I agree, was hoping it'd be a bit cheaper though.

And it looks like you have to buy the headphones station if you want headphones. Which is the $50 you just saved.

#3 3 years ago

To get it to sound nice on the plus board can be a pain but at least you can tune it in, this new one has just a few sub levels.
    Be interesting to hear one but don’t think it’s worth the little saving.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from cabuford:

I agree, was hoping it'd be a bit cheaper though.
    And it looks like you have to buy the headphones station if you want headphones. Which is the $50 you just saved.

Yeh, I think last year around Black Friday, they did a free headphone station with the Plus. The Neo does come with the 2.1 adapter (normally $20)...

Quoted from Lostcause:

To get it to sound nice on the plus board can be a pain but at least you can tune it in, this new one has just a few sub levels.
    Be interesting to hear one but don’t think it’s worth the little saving.

If you were converting to stereo, it's a $70 total savings, but I think your point is still valid. Honestly, I think they probably deliberately made it not that much cheaper otherwise they'd kill their Plus sales...

#5 3 years ago

I find the original Pinsound board sounds much better then the plus.
    Had a few pluses and they just don’t sound as good to me.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Yeh, I think last year around Black Friday, they did a free headphone station with the Plus. The Neo does come with the 2.1 adapter (normally $20)...

Both of my games are Data East, which were already stereo, so I've never needed that adapter.

I have a original and a plus, both hooked up to new speakers (ordered off of Amazon). Both sound great to me, I don't think I've made many adjustments on either. All my replacement music is new and good quality. Data East stock sounds are okay.

I've bought both my cards during the Black Friday holiday. I think it was free shipping too.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lostcause:

I find the original Pinsound board sounds much better then the plus.
    Had a few pluses and they just don’t sound as good to me.

Thanks God, I am not alone!
    I fully agree.

On Pinsound Plus, I can't adjust the bass/medium/treble separately for cabinet and backbox. In Pinsound 1, this is possible, to reach the best sound based on your speakers and cabinet characteristics.

#8 3 years ago

I just ordered the pinsound plus and took advantage of their free headphone station. Yes if you look at the neo and don't want to use the headphones and speaker at the same time yep you save 50.00, but if you get the plus and free station you can do that plus have the on EQ knobs for adjustment versus just the three switch settings, plus some other audio options.

All comes down to what you like, btw I have no issues adjusting bass, treble, mid range on my plus board. Make sure you guys update the firmware, new firmware dropped today as well.

#9 3 years ago

Im deciding wich to purchase ..,,
    Neo or plus ? Im not a headphones player so that parts easy..
    Its going on my tommy machime

Any suggestions ?

#10 3 years ago

Also..anyone have a back box speaker recommendation ? From amazon maybe ?

#11 3 years ago

was definitely excited to see the a lower priced option, but I do wish they could get this stuff down to the price where it was a no brainer for me.... getting one for my IJ has been on the list for a long time...and really looking forward to see how TSPP package turns out.

#12 3 years ago

super cool product by the way, nothing but kudo's to the Pinsound guys....

2 months later
    #13 3 years ago

I went with the Neo. Believe it or not it shipped from France on Monday and was at my door at 10am Wednesday! I will be installing it in my TSPP today.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I went with the Neo. Believe it or not it shipped from France on Monday and was at my door at 10am Wednesday! I will be installing it in my TSPP today.

How did the I install go? Any issues? I just ordered the Neo as well

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

How did the I install go? Any issues? I just ordered the Neo as well

Hi. Sorry. I should have followed up my post.

Install went great! You will love it!

4 months later
    #16 2 years ago

Ordered two Pinsound boards for my games this weekend, one for TAF and one for DW. Didn’t really have a choice on TAF, my sound board needed to be replaced. Any recommends on things to do with the Pinsound board (both were Pinsound plus) to get the most out of them?

Considering getting Pinsound for both my TZ and BSD as well, but will wait and see how it performs on TAF and DW.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any recommends on things to do with the Pinsound board (both were Pinsound plus) to get the most out of them?

If you don't already know how, I'd start learning how to make my own audio captured files and then go to town on your own custom mixes. The fun is endless with the audio and music you can insert.

#18 2 years ago

Better audio files will definitely create better sound. I’ve got three Pinsounds and the new music tracks make 2 of them awesome. No custom mixes yet for the third. Need to figure out where all the sounds are and what to replace them with.
    I put the same $25 Pyle speakers from Amazon in all of them. Sound great.

#19 2 years ago

Link to Pyle speakers?

Quoted from cabuford:

Better audio files will definitely create better sound. I’ve got three Pinsounds and the new music tracks make 2 of them awesome. No custom mixes yet for the third. Need to figure out where all the sounds are and what to replace them with.
    I put the same $25 Pyle speakers from Amazon in all of them. Sound great.

#20 2 years ago

Deleted

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Link to Pyle speakers?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B089QQSNDV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

4" for Data East. You need standoffs for them as the tweeters stick out (or you'll have to remove the grill on the game). I got some made out of wood gifted by a pinsider, then bought some later from some site I discovered on here. I think it's the guy who makes the new subwoofer kit. Can't find the link right now. Replaced the sub in the bottom of the cabinets too, so low end isn't a worry.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072YJZWMM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

#22 2 years ago

Thanks for this!

Quoted from cabuford:

amazon.com link »
    4" for Data East. You need standoffs for them as the tweeters stick out (or you'll have to remove the grill on the game). I got some made out of wood gifted by a pinsider, then bought some later from some site I discovered on here. I think it's the guy who makes the new subwoofer kit. Can't find the link right now. Replaced the sub in the bottom of the cabinets too, so low end isn't a worry.
    amazon.com link »

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ordered two Pinsound boards for my games this weekend, one for TAF and one for DW. Didn’t really have a choice on TAF, my sound board needed to be replaced. Any recommends on things to do with the Pinsound board (both were Pinsound plus) to get the most out of them?
    Considering getting Pinsound for both my TZ and BSD as well, but will wait and see how it performs on TAF and DW.

I put in the pinsound plus with the pinsound motion control and shaker.

Its incredible! They did a great job on the shaker routines.

7 months later
    #24 2 years ago

Is anyone running pinsound with pinwoofers? I’m encountering issues with it

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinsound-neo?hl=milltown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.