(Topic ID: 204965)

New Pinsider - Auburn, AL

By RonSwanson

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2980 (resized).JPG
    #1 6 years ago

Hi All,

I just moved back home to Auburn, AL after many years away (primarily in Newnan, GA with a little time in Charlotte, NC and San Francisco, CA). Our new house has a basement and I'm searching for my first pinball machine! My pinball history mostly revolves around Foy Union on campus at Auburn University in the early to mid 90s. Used to play Funhouse, Taxi, Whirlwind and Earthshaker. My old roommate had an EM Freedom in the house too. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone after lurking in the forums for a few weeks.

Justin

#2 6 years ago

Welcome to the madness Justin. You are in for a hell of a ride.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Welcome friend to a new addiction!

#4 6 years ago

Welcome! Get a budget then narrow down what you are looking for and go on the hunt. Those games you used to play are good ones.

#5 6 years ago

Welcome back and War Eagle!!!! Auburn has got a great little pinball community building, and they are active here on Pinside!! Got a tournament coming up there on the 23rd....just PM ksmmspt or gentrsa for more info!

#6 6 years ago

I think there is a league in Auburn also. Perhaps someone can link you to that as well.

#7 6 years ago

Welcome to the madness Justin. Pull up a seat ,have a drink, and enjoy the ride!

#8 6 years ago

Welcome back home to Auburn, Justin! I also played at Foy while here during the late 80s/early 90s. We have a great group of pinheads here with several that have several machines in their homes. I just moved into a home so I'm slowly rounding up my machines. We have a group called the Auburn Pinball Club and we have a facebook page. If you are on FB, go to that page and ask to be added. We post upcoming events there. We have a league and usually get in 3-4 league events per year. We also host 1-2 tournaments per year as well.

Our next event is a Critical Hit Tournament on December 23. You can find more info on it by going to the event FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/138200330173351/

Shoot me a pm and I'll give you my contact info. Always good to have more pinball folks!

Scott

#9 6 years ago

Hello,and welcome!! Hope you have fun,remember,pinball machines tend to multiply rather quickly,so have plenty of room!!! Good luck from us NorCal guys!!!Happy Holidays to you and your Family!!!

#10 6 years ago

Welcome Justin! Go ahead and schedule an intervention for 12-24 months from now, this disease is progressive

#11 6 years ago

You like movies about gladiators Joey?

#12 6 years ago

Don't listen to these people. They are trying to lure you into the dark side.

IMG_2980 (resized).JPGIMG_2980 (resized).JPG

#13 6 years ago

Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm and warm welcome! Some of your comments are hilarious and I can see you are my kind of people. It's exciting to see there are some locals to meet someday.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from MT45:

Welcome Justin! Go ahead and schedule an intervention for 12-24 months from now, this disease is progressive

He’s right!! I joined the hobby just a little over a year ago now, and I went from one simple EM, to suddenly 5 games and I have no space! I thought they were kidding but you just get crazier from here on.
    Have fun!

#15 6 years ago

Welcome Justin. Hope your start is soon with that space you have in your house.

#16 6 years ago

Yes welcome home to Auburn, Justin! The upcoming tournament is at my house on the 23rd. We can get you the info and you can come by that day and visit whether you want to play or not. I also have a few pins for sale that you could check out while your at it. Again welcome! I had room for one pin when I started a couple years ago, I now have 14 just sayin...

#17 6 years ago

Welcome now GET OUT!

(Prepare on this site to be insulted and complemented alternately...as in...)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinsider-auburn-al?hl=ronswanson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.