IMG_2718.JPG
IMG_2711.JPG
IMG_2715.JPG
IMG_2707.JPG
IMG_2709.JPG
IMG_2702.JPG
#1 11 years ago

Hello fellow pinsider!

Been reading on this forum for a while now but now its time to become a member and post a question.

I´m looking for some quality scans for some plastic that can´t be bought anywhere, yet anyway.

Read trough some threads and found out that a repro plastic kit to The Shadow is in the making. I have my game completly teardown and i can´t wait that long for the repro to be made. I pretty much need every single plastic, mine look terrible .

I´m also looking for the left outlane plastic for LAH. I wrecked mine when i shopped the game a few months back. WTB one or a nice scan will do. Can´t find it anywhere.

Well thats it for now.

/Eric, (Sweden).

If you have some scans please send them to [email protected]

#2 11 years ago

Welcome Eric.

Enjoy your stay and post often.

LTG : )

#4 11 years ago

Welcome Enjoy!

#5 11 years ago

Glad to see another new guy!!!
- Shaun

#6 11 years ago

Welcome Manboobs! ?

#7 11 years ago

welcome to pinside!

#8 11 years ago

Welcome to the side... hope you find what you need here.

#9 11 years ago

Thank you all!

Shopping my TS at the moment, it smells as bad as it looks . Probably been standing in a very smoky bar somewhere in Europe.

bild.JPGbild.JPG

#10 11 years ago

Sweet score

#11 11 years ago

Welcome to Pinside!

#12 11 years ago

Did someone say boobs. Welcome.

#13 11 years ago

Hi Eric,

Welcome to Pinside! Always great to see more people around here. It's a friendly place. I wish I had some Shadow plastics to scan for ya, but alas I do not. Good luck on the search, though, and with your shop-job!

Sincerely,

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#14 11 years ago

Thx!

Installed protectors on my LAH last week. My own design. Finding it a lot more difficult to hit the holes now. Someone that got any tips and tricks about this?

bild_(1).JPGbild_(1).JPG

#15 11 years ago

Welcome here!

You're found the best place for the pin-addicts at the moment.

Against the bad smells... A pot, full with salicyl for a few days, and later a LOT lavender into it... After the clean, of course. It will kill the bad smells...

#16 11 years ago

Hi Eric welcome!

#17 11 years ago

Ok, will definitely try the lavender thing. Worst smell ever in my pins.

#18 11 years ago

If you got more pins, then the pot, full with salicyl is a cheap, and gooood solution. Against smells, and damp... It neutralise the smells...

#19 11 years ago

Someone that could help me out with the scans/high res photo? I would gladly strip down any of my games to help out if someone is missing any plastics that cant be bought.

The Shadow = need everyone.
LAH = left outlane.

Or if someone is selling the plastics to me.

/Eric

#20 11 years ago

Ahh suppertime! Been cleaning The Battlefield all night. You know its dirty when you have to use Autosol on the playfield...

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#21 11 years ago

Found some coil paper and other useful things on http://www.pinballgallery.heeb.de. Added the coil paper to Photoshop and put some color to it. It gives the coils new life!

IMG_1369[1].JPGIMG_1369[1].JPG

#22 11 years ago

Welcome.... We have just joined also.......

Good luck on your project..

#23 11 years ago

Nice to see, you're on a good way to rescue pins.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Welcome Manboobs! ?

Welcome.

#25 11 years ago

Thx! Instead of just waiting for the plastic kit i decided to move all in on my Shadow. Since the picture was taken the playfield is gone, going to sand it this weekend to get rid of the miscoloring. Started to paint the inside of the cab. Polished the LDB and its bracket today, hopefully it will look better then new when im finished =)

bild_(2).JPGbild_(2).JPG bild_(3).JPGbild_(3).JPG

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Manboobs:

hopefully it will look better then new when im finished =)

I hope you share pictures when it's done, please.

LTG : )

#27 11 years ago

Oh yes i will. Hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks. Polished all the metal already wich is a boring and timeconsuming project (20 hours of blood,sweat and tears)... My biggest problem is my scans for the plastic kit, my plastics looked terrible. Working on them in photoshop right now but it takes forever for a newbie like me

#28 11 years ago

Before and after. First time i sanded inside the cab. Great fun to see the improvement!

IMG_1394.JPGIMG_1394.JPG IMG_1404.JPGIMG_1404.JPG

#29 11 years ago

WOW! Nice job.

#30 11 years ago

Hello and welcome Eric!

You Swedish people can sure write and speak some great English!!! I admire your language abilities.
Mike

#32 11 years ago

Thank you! I think I speak better then I write, the grammar isn't always right but I hope you understand it! I've learned through the years by watching pretty much every single quality movie ever made =)

Mabye I should make a new thread about my restoration of my TS but I'll keep going until someone complains.

I'm in need of decals for my backbox, someone that knows where to find them?

1 week later
#33 11 years ago

Thought that last weekend should be a good "workingwiththeshadowweekend" but instead i got the flu....

The work in photoshop with my scans goes slow so I'm asking again. If someone have some scans please email them to me =) I also need some high resolution picture of the backbox decals and finaly pictures/scans of the front decal. This should really help me out big time. My boss has promised to print everything to a bargain price.

My Mongols are missing in the game, well luckily I have one but the sword is missing... So I figured why not clone it and give it it's weapons back! Maybe I try to give one a morning star instead of a sword.. =)

I used Microsil to make the "cast" and then "plaster" to make the clone. Haven't decided what material I should use for the sword yet but this wont be a problemi think. As for the coloring i tried a new design to bring it some more life. Going to make a lot of clones so if I get tired of a certain color i replace it with a new one =) Think the coloring of the one in the picture below reminds my of a russian hockey player in some old "hockeytable" game...

Got a visit from a local radiostation this morning for a "live radio" interview. The runner up in the swedish championship 2012 in Pinball was there aswell and we had a mini tournament with the reporter. Good fun!

Well thats it for now!

IMG_1461.JPGIMG_1461.JPG IMG_1458.JPGIMG_1458.JPG

1 month later
#34 11 years ago

Time for a update. The paintjob with the airbrush took me forever to complete.. My sister is an artist so i tought that it would be like a walk in the park but i was wrong... Very wrong.. =) I dont have it in me for sure... It was way more time consuming then in my wildest dreams.. Sanding, sanding, sanding to get the surface smooth, mix the colors to get the right match, painted only to see it crack when I put on the clearcoat, and then do it all over again and so on..... But considering this was my first time the result was ok. I was so unhappy with it at first but I'm hoping that the misscoloring wont show that much when all the things get back on the playfield.

Right now I'm putting it back together again. My work with the plastics is almost done, only the Battlefield plastic left to do before I send it to my friend who will print the plastics for me.. Learning to work in photoshop was really fun. Hoping it will be nice in the end.

When I'm waiting for the plastics to be done I'm going to focus on the cabinet.

I have some scratches in the plastic on the speakerpanel. Someone that has some suggestions on how to get rid of it. Sanding with a fine paper perhaps?

IMG_1437.JPGIMG_1437.JPG IMG_1444.JPGIMG_1444.JPG IMG_1472.JPGIMG_1472.JPG

#35 11 years ago

Pictures...

IMG_1400.JPGIMG_1400.JPG IMG_1479.JPGIMG_1479.JPG IMG_1569.JPGIMG_1569.JPG

#36 11 years ago

Some more...

IMG_1615[1].JPGIMG_1615[1].JPG IMG_1618[1].JPGIMG_1618[1].JPG

#37 11 years ago

Photos look great!
Very nice work!

7 months later
#38 10 years ago

This looks great so far. I would love to see the rest of the project. I think if you start a new thread as you suggested, and title it something like "The Shadow Restoration" and upload all the images again, then you will get a lot of interest. Thanks for posting.

#39 10 years ago

Looks great!

#40 10 years ago

Good job, how far have you come along in the last 7 months?

#41 10 years ago

Ohh I didn't think that you guys were intrested in my progress =) The game is up n running. Had to install it with the old plastic but I'm hoping to get the new ones soon.

Considering this was my first big project I sometimes have nightmares about the things I did wrong and the things I did not do... Well you live and you learn and I've already done some more games and for each game you step up in "competition". Did CC a few weeks back for a customer that wanted the game properly shopped. I could post some pictures of that restoration if you want. The playfield is finished and decals will be installed the coming 3-4 weeks.

At the moment I'm doing MB wich will be my first attempt of a high end restoration. =)

Some more pictures of TS will come this weekend as I'm moving it in to my livingroom from a tight spot in the garage.

4288b.jpg4288b.jpg
#42 10 years ago

Some pics from CC. Hopefully finished with the decals before christmas =)

IMG_2116.JPGIMG_2116.JPG IMG_2128.JPGIMG_2128.JPG IMG_2123.JPGIMG_2123.JPG IMG_2154.JPGIMG_2154.JPG IMG_2155.JPGIMG_2155.JPG
#43 10 years ago

And my high end attempt with MB! The cleaning of the cable harness is by far the most boring I've done in my "pinlife" =) I still have a lot of polishing to do with the ramps but just a heads up on where I'm going with this.. Hope that my motivation will last for as long it will take to get this finished...

Edit: I know that the coin decal is backwards

IMG_2584[1].JPGIMG_2584[1].JPG
IMG_2599[1].JPGIMG_2599[1].JPG
IMG_2598[1].JPGIMG_2598[1].JPG
IMG_2557[1].JPGIMG_2557[1].JPG
IMG_2551[1].JPGIMG_2551[1].JPG
IMG_2600[1].JPGIMG_2600[1].JPG
IMG_2524.JPGIMG_2524.JPG
IMG_2530.JPGIMG_2530.JPG
IMG_2540.JPGIMG_2540.JPG

2 weeks later
#44 10 years ago

CC is finished and I'm happy with the result! The decals wasn't that good, guess they were a bit old. They were very tricky to apply but the end result was ok.

IMG_2678.JPGIMG_2678.JPG IMG_2679.JPGIMG_2679.JPG IMG_2680.JPGIMG_2680.JPG IMG_2690.JPGIMG_2690.JPG IMG_2694.JPGIMG_2694.JPG IMG_2696.JPGIMG_2696.JPG IMG_2716.JPGIMG_2716.JPG
#45 10 years ago

Posting some pictures of a coming project. TOTAN! It was delivered last week in a disgustingly dirty condition, but with a lot of love this will be as good as new again (I hope). The playfield is in great condition under the dirt, just a little tear here and there but nothing to bad. The decals were in bad condtion but after some cleaning they look really good. The art on the backbox hade some scratches and will probably be replaced. The front and sideart will be restored.

IMG_2672.JPGIMG_2672.JPG IMG_2677.JPGIMG_2677.JPG IMG_2698.JPGIMG_2698.JPG IMG_2702.JPGIMG_2702.JPG IMG_2709.JPGIMG_2709.JPG IMG_2707.JPGIMG_2707.JPG IMG_2715.JPGIMG_2715.JPG IMG_2711.JPGIMG_2711.JPG IMG_2718.JPGIMG_2718.JPG IMG_2710.JPGIMG_2710.JPG
#46 10 years ago

And the front... Need some extra love but I think it can be saved...

IMG_2703.JPGIMG_2703.JPG
#47 10 years ago

Lots of very nice looking work keep posting

2 weeks later
#48 10 years ago

Set a new speed record shopping TOTAN, just 5 days. I felt like a zombie afterwards tough, didn't see sunlight these days It was really a dirty playfield but under all the dirt it was in nice condition. Didn't go all in with this game and teared it all apart, just the upper side. Didn't encounter any major problems either. The most time was spent on flamepolishing all the plastics and putting all the ramps back together. All the different lenghts of the "spacers" did the swirlramp to a pain in the a.... The work thats left to do is to put all the cables back in the bb and some tune up work on the decals. I'm not happy with the Apron or the skill shot assembly, but that will be fixed in the future. This will do for now. Didn't spend one cent on this restoration and hopefully it will all work nicely when its ready to be plugged in.

I think the next game will be Champion Pub. The restoration of the playfield on MB will take some more time and will probably not be put togheter untill the spring.

IMG_2842[1].JPGIMG_2842[1].JPG IMG_2824[1].JPGIMG_2824[1].JPG IMG_2837[1].JPGIMG_2837[1].JPG IMG_2846[1].JPGIMG_2846[1].JPG IMG_2847[1].JPGIMG_2847[1].JPG IMG_2843[1].JPGIMG_2843[1].JPG IMG_2838.JPGIMG_2838.JPG IMG_2830.JPGIMG_2830.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinsider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.