Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by swinks
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    screen-capture-5.png
    mootools.png
    mootools.png
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 6.01.52 AM.png
    image.jpg
    screen-capture-6.png
    pinsideerror.png
    There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago

Having trouble posting....seems fairly random. But is always really slow to submit a post.image.jpgimage.jpg

#52 8 years ago

The posting process takes a couple of minutes...and my network connection is fast on other sites..image.jpgimage.jpg

#53 8 years ago

Found something odd Robin. When loading the front page I noticed something loading from beta.pinside.com in the status bar. That something is MooTools-More-1.5.1-compat-compressed.js. Why is it resolving to the beta site? You're calling it from s.pinside.com in the HTML source. This may be causing our SMTP resolution problem. Could this also be why the beta server was asking for a login?

mootools.pngmootools.png

mootools.pngmootools.png

#54 8 years ago

I'm not able to send pm's either

#55 8 years ago

every page I open up I get this message

screen-capture-5.pngscreen-capture-5.png

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Found something odd Robin. When loading the front page I noticed something loading from beta.pinside.com in the status bar. That something is MooTools-More-1.5.1-compat-compressed.js. Why is it resolving to the beta site? You're calling it from s.pinside.com in the HTML source. This may be causing our SMTP resolution problem. Could this also be why the beta server was asking for a login?
    mootools.png
    mootools.png

Very helpful, thanks. No idea what was going on with that, somehow nginx was not doing what it should.

Quoted from swinks:

every page I open up I get this message
    screen-capture-5.png

Are you sure you are not actually browsing to beta.pinside.com?

This was an issue earlier today and yesterday but should be fixed now. Anyone else getting this?

#57 8 years ago

Robin,

Having trouble sending PMs. I create the message and press "send". The icon spins and after a minute or so, nothing. The spinning icon disappears but the page doesn't change. No record of it being sent in my mail history.

#58 8 years ago

Does it on the iPad as well, I am not doing anything different, wouldn't even know where to start with the beta ?

#59 8 years ago

I just got the beta prompt on my iPad from the main forum page.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I just got the beta prompt on my iPad from the main forum page.

Same here.

Only happened for me once so far though.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Same here.
    Only happened for me once so far though.

Same here. Just got the beta prompt when loading the main forum page. Never been a beta tester.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Same here. Just got the beta prompt when loading the main forum page. Never been a beta tester.

Got it again when I opened this thread just now. And yeah, I should have mentioned that I've never been a beta tester either.

#63 8 years ago

I'm getting it constantly now.

#64 8 years ago

Really strange. I did not change anything to the server config in the past two hours.

I have now hard disabled the beta site. Is it still appearing now?

#65 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I'm getting it constantly now.

Yeah, probably about 50% of the time now for me. Haven't been able to find a pattern yet. I've had it happen sometimes when clicking the Forum link in the breadcrumb, sometimes when opening links with new posts, and sometimes when opening posts I've visited before that have no new posts. I haven't had it happen with a previously unvisited thread yet, but it is probably just a matter of time.

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Really strange. I did not change anything to the server config in the past two hours.
    I have now hard disabled the beta site. Is it still appearing now?

I just did a bunch of clicking through threads and used the Forum breadcrumb link a number of times and didn't get the prompt at all.

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Yeah, probably about 50% of the time now for me. Haven't been able to find a pattern yet. I've had it happen sometimes when clicking the Forum link in the breadcrumb, sometimes when opening links with new posts, and sometimes when opening posts I've visited before that have no new posts. I haven't had it happen with a previously unvisited thread yet, but it is probably just a matter of time.

Could it be your browser's cache? Try clearing that and see if the problem goes away.

#68 8 years ago

not getting that issue anymore but the logo doesn't show with a big band at the top with mac / safari

went to add a image but the click here to open uploader doesn't work....

#69 8 years ago

swinks, I had that too, clearing my cache helped.

#70 8 years ago

problem gone by itself or behind the scenes

#71 8 years ago

Not a big deal...but noticed the "counter" for guests online at Pinside seem a little out of wack.image.jpgimage.jpg

#72 8 years ago

Several times today website wasn't accessible. And on a Samsung s5 about half the time users avatars are gone.

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Several times today website wasn't accessible. And on a Samsung s5 about half the time users avatars are gone.

Me too, many times earlier today not accessible.

#74 8 years ago

I'm having big trouble getting the new server to run reliably under load. The web server keeps crashing. I have been working on this all weekend and hope to come up with a solution soon. Until then, I'm afraid it's gonna be a bit wacky for the time being. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

#75 8 years ago

No need to apologize Robin! We aren't complaining just reporting our experiences in hopes it helps you diagnose problems.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I'm afraid it's gonna be a bit wacky for the time being.

Thats OK
    I like Wacky
    As long as no one is hurt.

#77 8 years ago

I sent in a new donation, you've been busting your ass working on this, and I know I appreciate all the hard work to make this a better place for all of us.

#78 8 years ago

Yeah, we can live with a few ups and downs while you get it sorted.

If you have any LONG posts that you spent time on, I'd recommend saving them to a text file on your desktop until the server issues are in the past. (to not lose any work in case server is down when you click "send post")

-mof

#79 8 years ago

Robin, if you need help with setting up the infrastructure to handle high loads, just drop me a PM.

This is what I do for a living - I design, build and maintain high availability systems that can handle 250,000 concurrent users and more.

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

The web server keeps crashing

I never realize how addicted I am to this site, until it goes down. I feel like a piece of me dies.

#81 8 years ago

I noticed in the last few days when you go into a previous viewed thread and it shows that there are say 3 new posts to view and click the link but it doesn't go to the last 3 posts, seems random but always at the top of a page but the pages can vary, loved this feature but doesn't appear to work at the moment - on a mac and iPad.

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I noticed in the last few days when you go into a previous viewed thread and it shows that there are say 3 new posts to view and click the link but it doesn't go to the last 3 posts, seems random but always at the top of a page but the pages can vary, loved this feature but doesn't appear to work at the moment - on a mac and iPad.

Yes, it's been doing the same for me too. I thought Robin had fixed this one as a pagination issue on long threads....but now it's doing it even on threads of 2 pages.

#83 8 years ago

It has to do with deleted posts and the index not tracking the latest posts correctly. I believe when a post is deleted the post numbers and are skipped and not re-assigned. It's better to approach it this way to preserve existing links to a particular post. The algorithm should be updated to jump to the last post, not a particular post number that reflects the last post.

#84 8 years ago

Uploading pics stopped working for me and for some others. After selecting the file to upload, a popup appears saying: ''did not get an Upload ID''

#85 8 years ago

what I just posted about was just fixed carry on

#86 8 years ago

the problems that I posted seem to be solved now but have a new one

the buttons for the top bar don't work nor the top rhs mail icon button as well on a ipad

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinside-server/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.