(Topic ID: 149909)

New Pinside Moderator(s) wanted! (Outside of North America)

By pmWolf

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

forceflow_(resized).jpg
    pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmWolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Hello Pinside…

We are looking for a new moderator that is located outside of North America (Europe, Australia/New Zealand, etc) in order to help us out in different time zones.

-Have you been a Pinside member for at least a year?
    -Do you have a clean track record for being a nice, calm, levelheaded guy or girl with common sense?
    -Are you honest, fair, precise and do you always try to treat everyone respectfully?
    -Are you considerate, knowledgeable, and handy with your web browser?
    -Do you have good grammar, spelling and syntax skills?
    -Do you have the right personality?
    -Can you take some verbal abuse?
    -Are you even tempered, likable, and fair minded?
    -Do you have the time to commit to being a moderator?
    -DO YOU LOVE PINBALL?

If you answered “Yes” to these questions, send me a PM, and tell me a little something about yourself, where you are located (time zone), and why you think you would make a great addition to the Pinside moderation team.

All applications will be treated as fully confidential but your application may be read by Robin, or one of the moderators other than me.

Some things to note:
    - This is not going to be an immediate process, and you may not get a response.
    - You may not be chosen, even if you think you are awesome. (And, you may actually be awesome…and we will still appreciate your contributions to the site in a non-moderator role).
    - The focus is on adding a mod from outside of North America. Right now, we’ve got one mod from Australia who is stuck working the night shift on his own. That makes us all sad inside. We have not ruled out another USA mod, though, but that is not our priority at this moment.
    - If you apply, chances are good that one of us will go through your internet posting history at a near stalker-ish level.
    - Free beer is promised, but I've been a moderator for a while, and have yet to receive any. I'm thinking it's a scam.
    - Do you like doing lots of work for free, and then have people mad at you all the time no matter what decisions you make? Perfect. Apply now.

Please don't post your application/candidacy in this forum topic. Only via PM please.

Pete

#2 8 years ago

Bump for those of you just waking up.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Outside of North America? Does another planet count? It actually sounds like work though...

Yes, other planets count...as long as they aren't in North America.

Quoted from Barron:

Applying to become a moderator for a pinball forum does seem like something only a space invader would do. The background check might be problematic, though.

It's not too bad. I mean, I got in.

Pete

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

What's with this prejudice against North Americans?
    I qualified for all your criteria except that one.

Help me out here...what was the one criteria that you qualified for?

Oh...wait. I misread that.

Whoops.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

and I know that the mods do what they really think is best for the forum.

Not true. I only eject when someone bribes me.

(PM me for my paypal address, and put in the title who you'd like ejected from a thread).

I mean, how do you think I can afford the collection that I have??

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm pretty sure ForceFlow understands this and wouldn't let it bother him.

You know, I used to like ForceFlow. Now that I see that you're backing him...that's all changed. It's like the kiss of death.

(sigh)

#32 8 years ago

Deadline for applications is this Friday, the 29th.

I'll be going through the stack soon.

Pete

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

applied 4 times now and still no reply... odd

Well, the main problem is that you're so awesome that you'd make the rest of us look bad.

So, the answer is "no."

My condolences.

Pete

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

My pick would be Vid, and he is currently living in the capitol of Yemen

Vid does not understand maps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pmWolf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinside-moderators-wanted-outside-of-north-america?tu=pmWolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.