We are looking for a new moderator that is located outside of North America (Europe, Australia/New Zealand, etc) in order to help us out in different time zones.
-Have you been a Pinside member for at least a year?
-Do you have a clean track record for being a nice, calm, levelheaded guy or girl with common sense?
-Are you honest, fair, precise and do you always try to treat everyone respectfully?
-Are you considerate, knowledgeable, and handy with your web browser?
-Do you have good grammar, spelling and syntax skills?
-Do you have the right personality?
-Can you take some verbal abuse?
-Are you even tempered, likable, and fair minded?
-Do you have the time to commit to being a moderator?
-DO YOU LOVE PINBALL?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, send me a PM, and tell me a little something about yourself, where you are located (time zone), and why you think you would make a great addition to the Pinside moderation team.
All applications will be treated as fully confidential but your application may be read by Robin, or one of the moderators other than me.
Some things to note:
- This is not going to be an immediate process, and you may not get a response.
- You may not be chosen, even if you think you are awesome. (And, you may actually be awesome…and we will still appreciate your contributions to the site in a non-moderator role).
- The focus is on adding a mod from outside of North America. Right now, we’ve got one mod from Australia who is stuck working the night shift on his own. That makes us all sad inside. We have not ruled out another USA mod, though, but that is not our priority at this moment.
- If you apply, chances are good that one of us will go through your internet posting history at a near stalker-ish level.
- Free beer is promised, but I've been a moderator for a while, and have yet to receive any. I'm thinking it's a scam.
- Do you like doing lots of work for free, and then have people mad at you all the time no matter what decisions you make? Perfect. Apply now.
Please don't post your application/candidacy in this forum topic. Only via PM please.