5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider XQ11.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello Pinside!

I joined a local pinball league earlier this year and the pin bug seems to have hold of me. It happened fast and I suddenly find myself a member of this Pinside forum and pondering getting my first game.

I have never been to a pinball show and my exposure to pinball has been mostly limited to the games in the collection of the gentleman that hosts our local league. While I’m enjoying all the games I find myself drawn to early 80’s games like Quicksilver, Sorcerer, and Catacomb. I don’t want to duplicate any of the games already in our area, but do any of you have recommendations on 80’s games that are similar to those three that I should make certain to look at? Though I don’t have a firm price I’m looking to pay in mind, I know I don’t want a $7,000 Fathom either.

I guess another option I’m considering is whether to just order a NIB game like Metallica. I’m pretty impressed by that game and I recognize there are benefits to having something that’s brand new, especially considering I know nothing about maintenance (though some individuals in my local league do), which is my main concern with buying an early 80's game.

Can any of you nice Pinsiders help a new guy out with some suggestions? Any of you go through a similar decision when you first started off? How did it go for you?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider XQ11.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinside-member-looking-for-suggestions?tu=XQ11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.