(Topic ID: 290691)

New pins should have a seasonal feature like Animal crossing.

By greenhoody

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

It wouldn't work for every new pin like band themes or movies but cartoon ones like Rick and Morty it would work great. It would be pretty simple to add too. Sure people would cheat and change the dates at home to play all the different missions at home but oh well.

If you've never played the game or an MMO; in October things are Halloween themed, December Xmas themed and so on. Pins should do the same thing on the lcd screen.

I got the idea while thinking about how badly I wish we had a Futurama pin. Fighting Santa in December would be an awesome seasonal mission.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from greenhoody:

how badly I wish we had a Futurama pin.

You and me both! I would LOVE a Futurama pin.

#3 3 years ago

The Beatles has a few Christmas themed callouts from early December through the New Year. It's a nice touch, and has become a Christmas tradition the last two years to play that a lot during December and hang holly on the backboard. Yeah, would be cool to see more of this.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from VALIS666:

The Beatles has a few Christmas themed callouts from early December through the New Year. It's a nice touch, and has become a Christmas tradition the last two years to play that a lot during December and hang holly on the backboard. Yeah, would be cool to see more of this.

Elvira HOH also has a Santa themed mode during Christmas. I believe there is a halloween one as well.

New pins are straight up computers and have more memory than they know what to do with.
    Kinda like slot machines. Betcha didn’t know that the bonus payouts and animations and modes change with the different odds settings! The combinations on modern slot/pachislo machines (even made 20 years ago) leave you with odds so massive that even after 8 years I’m still hitting new jackpots on my little machines here. It kinda scares you when it starts playing animations you’ve NEVER seen in almost a decade of play.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pins-should-have-a-seasonal-feature-like-animal-crossing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.