• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Resampled_2012-10-20_16-17-01_898.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I just picked up 3 pins today:
Gottlieb circus (BG is amazing, a solid 9+ out of 10.) No problems here!

Data east LW3 : I got no GI anywhere, game plays great, just no GI. What fuses should I check?

Data east LAH: When I start it up I get a few solinoids fire, and then just the GI stays on. Sometimes I get a garbled picture or text on the DMD as I turn it on, but honestly I cant even make out what it is. The MPU board has 2 lights locked on. The one labeled BLANK does not light up. Where should I go from here?

Resampled_2012-10-20_16-17-01_898.jpgResampled_2012-10-20_16-17-01_898.jpg

#3 11 years ago

No offense man, but you have a karma of over 11k and your buying games in bulk. "Here is what's wrong now somebody tell me what to do" is kinda a newb thing to do.

#4 11 years ago

On the GI issue id check the plug about 10 inches from the transformer with the yellow wires going into it. Then check your fuses, fuse clips and the connectors on your PPB board and power supply board.

Fuse Locations.
Although this does not apply to every DataEast/Sega game, here is a run-down of fuses in many late model games.
Backbox Bridges, mounted directly to inside of backbox. F1= 8a slo-blo 32 volt (BR2) for +32 volt coils and the flashlamps. F2= 8a slo-blo 18 volt (BR1) for switched (CPU controlled) lamps. F3= 8a slo-blo 18 volt (BR3) for the score display (only on games with the large 192x64 dot matrix display, Maverick to Batman Forever).
Power Supply Board (in backbox).
F1= 7a slo-blo for +5 vdc (regulator input 9 vac). F2= 7a slo-blo for +5 vdc (regulator input 9 vac). F3= Not present on most games. F4= 8a slo-blo for 18 vdc switched illumination. F5= 4a slo-blo for 32 vdc low-voltage solenoids, bumpers, slingshots. F6= 5a slo-blo for 32 vdc for L/R Relay coils and flashers.
Playfield Power Board (aka PPB, in backbox).
F1= 5a slo-blo GI (general illumination), playfield. F2= 5a slo-blo GI (general illumination), backbox/speaker panel. F3= 5a slo-blo GI (general illumination), playfield and coin door. F4= 5a slo-blo GI (general illumination), backbox. F5= 5a slo-blo +50 volt for playfield coils. F6= 3a slo-blo +32 volt for flash lamps. F7= 3a slo-blo +32 volt for playfield coils/flash lamps Right/Left. F8= 4a slo-blo +50 volt playfield coils. F9= 5a slo-blo +50 volt playfield laser kicker (outlane return kicker).
Flipper Fuses on the Solid State Flipper Board (aka SSFB, mounted on side of cabinet, under the playfield).
F1= 3a F2= 3a F3= 3a F4= 3a F5= 3a game).
Main Cabinet
slo-blo +50 volt for lower right flipper initial power. slo-blo +9 volt for hold power. slo-blo +50 volt for lower left flipper initial power. slo-blo +9 volt for hold power.
slo-blo +50 volt for upper right flipper (if game is a 3 flipper Power Fuses (near the coin door).
8a slo-blo (domestic). 5a slo-blo (international).

Your GI goes from your transformer to the power supply board, through a relay, then on to the PPB board. Its most likely a bad connector(s) somewhere along the line, a fuse or a fuse clip. Reflow the solder on all the associated header pins while your at it.
I follow what jalpert is saying. This is al easily goggled info. The trick isn't always knowing the info, its knowing where to find it. But I don't mind helping out.

#5 11 years ago

I had checked all of the fuses. They all appeared good on LW3. I think its a problem with a connector. I have ordered the parts to fix it. BUT my real issues are on LAH

When I turn the machine on every coil locks on. I have no clue why. Any Ideas of where I could start to look?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
$ 28.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pins-and-a-few-new-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.