IMG_1534.JPG
IMG_1535.JPG
IMG_1533.JPG
IMG_1532.JPG
IMG_1531.JPG
IMG_1530.JPG
IMG_0169.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playmatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I'm sorta stuck on this one, I typically depend on the kindness of strangers to help out when I'm out of ideas.

I recently bought a French Export Antar machine (manufactured in Spain). Early SS game from 1978 or 1979.

So here's the deal, I'll list as much info as I possibly can. This was a sight unseen purchase, (I know, I know, but my taste in machines is pretty odd and it's typically not local stuff. It was sold as working.
I will happily supply any photos of anything I can at request:

The power plug connector on the outside has been converted to a USA style plug, I sure hope the power has been updated for 117v US. All fuses *appear* to not be blown.

I've put a ball down the drain in the starting position as I'm sure it needs to be touching a switch.

The credit microswitch doesn't do anything, test switch does nothing. I don't hear any sounds.

All LEDs seem to be lighting up on the playfield.

The LEDs on the backbox originally worked but randomly went out for good after about an hour of powering on.

I have no key for the backbox.

There's definitely been some rewiring to the test switch as it's been relocated.

That's about it. Any and all ideas or advice is greatly appreciated.

IMG_0091.JPGIMG_0091.JPG
IMG_0165.JPGIMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0168.JPGIMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0164.JPGIMG_0164.JPG
IMG_0169.JPGIMG_0169.JPG

#5 7 years ago

I haven't made much progress, I've been busy with life problems. I bought all new fuses (2 of which weren't even the correct amps), but still the same. The seller let me know that the credit microswitch was wired to an added button, but still no go.

I'll definitely start with checking every connection and cleaning them + checking voltages with a multimeter.

I do appreciate all advice and tips given so far, can't wait to get this new gal up and runnin'!

1 month later
#6 7 years ago

Well I finally got the backglass removed! I disconnected and reconnected all the wiring in hopes that something was just loose, but no go. The score LEDs are also still out.

Looks like I'll have to find my multimeter.

IMG_1530.JPGIMG_1530.JPG
IMG_1531.JPGIMG_1531.JPG
IMG_1532.JPGIMG_1532.JPG
IMG_1533.JPGIMG_1533.JPG
IMG_1535.JPGIMG_1535.JPG
IMG_1534.JPGIMG_1534.JPG
IMG_1536.JPGIMG_1536.JPG
IMG_1537.JPGIMG_1537.JPG
IMG_1538.JPGIMG_1538.JPG
IMG_1540.JPGIMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1539.JPGIMG_1539.JPG

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's a pretty awesome looking pin

Thank you, kindly.

#9 7 years ago

I found my multimeter, but being a total moron I'm not really sure where to check the voltage.

There's been obvious repairs on the MPU.

I might need to call in a pro, but hopefully someone can hold my hand and walk me through this a little. I'm handy with a soldering iron if needed.

#10 7 years ago

Here's the repaired MPU. Luckily I believe pinballsp manufactures replacements if needed.

IMG_1542.JPGIMG_1542.JPG

New board:

IMG_1543 (resized).JPGIMG_1543 (resized).JPG

#11 7 years ago

Whoo, she's finally up and running! There was an old fuse on the PSU board that was shot, a previous owner for some reason at some point in time soldered them in. Popped in a new fuse and it worked until I shut the backbox and a wire leading down to the transformer was shorting it out was the culprit.

Now she's all good to at least play. Some loose plastics that just have worked their way loose a little and one jammed drop target, and the score LEDs are a little skiddish but no other serious issues.

Pin on!

Thanks to everyone, especially ForceFlow for the repair links!

Check out these old fuses, lol:

IMG_1576 (resized).PNGIMG_1576 (resized).PNG

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Everybody knows fuses work better when soldered in. Glad it's up and running.

Lol, truthfact!11

I'm happy too. Had I been able to get into the head earlier this would have been fixed months ago. D'oh

It's a pretty fun lil' early Solid State. Can't stop playing it, that's always a good sign.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playmatic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinforeign-antar-powers-on-but-thats-it?tu=playmatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.