• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by RawleyD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

Hello!

A pinball forum, this is going to be great. =)

After playing the Indiana jones pinball adventure for a couple weeks and breaking the flipper in the local arcade, I decided "I'm gonna buy my own pinball machine. Yeah. that's right."

Sooo...Craigslist, 2 days and 1200$ later, I have a mostly home/dorm used machine that was taken care of by an electrician and a Harvard grad that fixed pinballs as a hobby. what luck eh?

Yes, I am now the very, very proud owner of a, let's say 7/10 overall...
Back to the Future: The Pinball <<< odd....lol.

I love this thing to death. "Roads..where we're going we don't need roads."
Great fun game. Anyone else played this one and enjoyed it?

And...here's my couple of quick queries on some bugs on the playfield. you knew they were coming

The vertical popper that shoots the ball into an inrail(sp?)..about 50% of the time you have to jiggle the machine (slightly) so the ball will be recognized. Under the playfield the mechanism seems to be a little loose and does not always fall straight down when the ball lands on it. What's the best way to get this to stand straight?

Other than that, the only problem i've ever had is that the game one time restarted itself when i was in the middle of a game. I read that this can be a short in the flippers. I havent investigated this yet, but if it becomes a big problem I'll be sure to see what's up.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

#2 14 years ago

It sounds like you're on the right track already. You need to tighten that up and make sure the switch is operating properly. It should be a matter of just tightening a few nuts. Hopefully nothing is broken off.

Don't forget about the all important filter capacitors on your power supply as a possible problem causing your restarts. Sometimes a short in the flipper coils or diodes exacerbates this problem and makes it start showing up.

You can get the english manual here in pdf format:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=126

And don't forget the repair guide here:

http://www.pinrepair.com/de/index.htm

Congratulations on your first machines and thanks for joining us here at Pinside.

#3 14 years ago

Congrats on a fun game! Only played it 1 or 2 times but I remember that it had a shiny backglass look and that it was fun to play. Love the playfield artwork.

Welcome to the Pinside!

#4 14 years ago

Haven't played that particular game I dont think. Awesome there! Let's just see how long it takes for you to get another machine and ANOTHER!! I am by no means rich, but a year and a half after I bought my first I have 6 now!
Welcome!

#5 14 years ago

That's a great first pin! I considered buying that game myself when I was first looking to get into pinball for both the theme and for the fact that it's one I really remembered fondly from back when pinball was a bigger deal.

Have fun with your game, it will probably be the first of many. When I got my first machine, I had no idea that it would lead to many more so quickly. I would suggest reading up on some repair guides and such, because the hobby is way, way, more fun once you know how to address issues with your own games.

#6 14 years ago

I'm a huge BTTF fan and have seen many videos and pictures of this machine. This machine looks awesome. I'd love to play your machine. Congratulations!

#7 14 years ago

As far as the ball lock goes, I seem to have fixed the problem. this could be only temporary.
A small paperclip-like device pushes a switch when the ball falls on it. I was able to bend that piece slightly to make it connect more reliably. Temporary fix for the win? =/

thanks for the links brokedad, i'll check those out when i have some time off, and hopefully be on my way to fixing up my machine.

I can tell this hobby will be a blast when i get the hang of it ^^

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinballer-here-with-a-newused-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.