Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200929_183850.jpg
    20200924_214326.jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hey all! Just bought my first new pinball machine! I've always loved pinball but after several years of never seeing one, except on rare occasions. I recently started playing pinball fx3 on ps4 and was instantly addicted. Well a month later I had to have a real machine. Ps4 pinball fx3 is awesome but having a true pin is totally different! I ended up buying Iron Maiden pro, it was in my budget, looked amazing and great reviews, plus I'm a fan. Thank you Thepinballcompany.com for fast friendy delivery. I couldn't be happier! Arrived faster then expected! I want to thank Lermods! I bought some mods, extremely fast shipping, awnsered my noob questions within minutes! Anyways, thank you pinball company, lermods. Looking forward to more pins and enjoying a lost love. Now only if I was good...

#2 1 year ago

Welcome aboard! You will get good in short order, and Maiden Pro is an excellent first pin!

#4 1 year ago

Rob at Lermods is a great guy. Welcome to the pinball collector world. Have fun!

#5 1 year ago

Welcome to the madness! You started with one of the best games of all time. Maiden pro is bolted to my floor.

#6 1 year ago

Congrats. Do you have a spot picked out for game 2 and 3?

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Congrats. Do you have a spot picked out for game 2 and 3?

Yeah definately make sure you got room for more

#8 1 year ago

3>2>1 = happiness

I found out for myself that even though when I intended to have only one pin, TZ, 10 months later I found myself wanting more. Within 2 years of buying my first, I was already up to five. This was even before I found Pinside, which means I did not have any influence from others that I would own more than one.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

3>2>1 = happiness
    I found out for myself that even though when I intended to have only one pin, TZ, 10 months later I found myself wanting more. Within 2 years of buying my first, I was already up to five. This was even before I found Pinside, which means I did not have any influence from others that I would own more than one.

I took 3 years from 1 to 5
    But if I had enough money on the side to start it it would have been faster for sure

#10 1 year ago

Welcome to Pinside Redghost.
    Congrats on buying an Iron Maiden Pro pinball machine!

What part of the country do you live at?
    How did you come up with the name Redghost?

You can edit/add some info to your Pinside profile, such as city, state, machines in your collection, initials, avatar (profile pic), etc.
    Not sure if you can do all this yet as a Pinside Apprentice, or if you need to work on getting to be a verified Pinside Member with the check mark.

Feel free to post a pic or two of your new game.

#11 1 year ago

Congrats! Iron Maiden is a great pin

#12 1 year ago

Welcome Redghost to the madness, you picked a good pin to start with just be sure to save room for the growth to come.

#13 1 year ago

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! To awnser a few questions. I live in Utah, I'm all ready wishing I could add more pins. I have several I now want...someday! Came up with redghost about 25 years ago just for a computer game handle, idk why really. Glad to be a part of this hobby. Looks to be alot of fun and a great community!

#14 1 year ago

Welcome to the best place to be on the Net!

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Redghost:

I'm all ready wishing I could add more pins.

I remember my first game. A 1971 "2001." Boy, those were humble times! You've hit the ground running with a fantastic one! Be forewarned, these multiply. Never in my life would I imagine owning 16 games, but here we are...

Welcome! This is a fun hobby filled with a lot of knowledgeable people. With all the reproduction parts and support available, never has there been a better time to hop into it.

#16 1 year ago

Welcome to the wonderful world of pinball !

LTG : )

#17 1 year ago

Great game.

I’ll just caution you not necessary to mod the crap out of the pin. If you want to mod that’s fine, some people enjoy the mods and it can spruce up the game. However these are already expensive and you don’t need to add every mod or spend another $500+ on mods.

If you ever sell it, don’t count on the buyer wanting the mods or wanting to pay much extra because it has a doll or a blinding lights added.

Best luck and know that it’s not possible to own just one pin, they like company.

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Redghost:

Thanks for all the welcomes guys! To awnser a few questions. I live in Utah, I'm all ready wishing I could add more pins. I have several I now want...someday! Came up with redghost about 25 years ago just for a computer game handle, idk why really. Glad to be a part of this hobby. Looks to be alot of fun and a great community!

Look around maybe other guys local to you, we’d have pinball nights every now and then with 5-10 pin heads.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

Great game.
    I’ll just caution you not necessary to mod the crap out of the pin. If you want to mod that’s fine, some people enjoy the mods and it can spruce up the game. However these are already expensive and you don’t need to add every mod or spend another $500+ on mods.
    If you ever sell it, don’t count on the buyer wanting the mods or wanting to pay much extra because it has a doll or a blinding lights added.
    Best luck and know that it’s not possible to own just one pin, they like company.

Yeah I know, it's like adding turbo to a tacoma or adding a tuner or cage to a sxs... but it makes it that much cooler. I typically never sell unless I'm tired of it. But you're right don't expect what you paid. Like buying a new car...

#20 1 year ago

Is it me but I find myself sometimes not really caring because I know I can just add credits. I think I have to get out of that mind frame to improve? Am I wrong! Btw what would you guys recommend for my next pin, I'm eyeing hot wheels it just looks fun! And very accessible to a general audience. Idk so many to choose from. They all look cool

#21 1 year ago
    20200924_214326.jpg20200929_183850.jpg
    #22 1 year ago

Hot Wheels is a total blast to play. Definitely has that 'one more game' feel to it. Hot Wheels is my recommendation. I am hooked on it.

#23 1 year ago

Attack From Mars remake is my recommendation. I have not played Hot Wheels tho.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside