Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 70 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinballdad
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinside-1.jpg
    Lego.jpg
    FUT.jpg
    There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I realize its been brought up in the past but it seems some time has passed since the last one and maybe some fresh ideas have come up.

Anyhow... If Stern or JJP was reading this thread, what would you suggest to them as a new (licensed or not) theme?

Here are three of my choices:

1. Ghostbusters (saw in a previous thread- good suggestion)
    2. Flash (the lightning fast comic character)
    3. Duck Tails with an emphasis on Uncle Scrooge's money and coin vault!

#2 10 years ago

I think it would be awesome if Pinsides upper echelon restorers ,coders,mod makers joined up and made a Pinside branded "Water Slide" themed pin in the vain of wh20 with way to many ramps and a no fan layout. Original music,LEDs out of control ramps with a ball hitting the glass in homage to wh20. This is the crazy part it should have a fountain style pump that runs water below the ramps to simulate water. I know crazy but a water slide just lends itself so well to pinball shocking it has not been made. I expect royalties and kickback if you decide to make and I have more ideas like this but that's a taste.

#3 10 years ago

After the new Star Wars trilogy comes out, I personally would love to see a saga edition, maybe with the left side of the playfield as the prequals, right side as the sequals, and then the center as the original trilogy. Each mode / multiball from any of the trilogies might then alternate / randomize between the 3 movies within the trilogy. Maybe this is better suited for JJP considering the possibilites with the LCD screen.

#4 10 years ago

Duck dynasty Uncle Si LE

#6 10 years ago

F-U-T-U-R-A-M-A!!!

A lot of us here have been saying it for a while. Hey, if The Simpsons can get multiple pins, their "spinoff" can at least get one!

Although, I might hesitate if Stern made it. Nothing against them personally, it just seems like the last few pins they've done have all the exact same features with just minor tweaks to locations. Seems very "wash, rinse, repeat". I'd like something fresher....

Perhaps Ben Heck and JPop could do a real number on this title? I wouldn't be surprised if they're both already huge fans of the show. I'd rather have true fans make the pin than a cookie cutter retheme....

#7 10 years ago

Beavis and butthead

#8 10 years ago

F-U-T-U-R-A-M-A!!!
    A lot of us here have been saying it for a while. Hey, if The Simpsons can get multiple pins, their "spinoff" can at least get one!
    Although, I might hesitate if Stern made it. Nothing against them personally, it just seems like the last few pins they've done have all the exact same features with just minor tweaks to locations. Seems very "wash, rinse, repeat". I'd like something fresher....
    Perhaps Ben Heck and JPop could do a real number on this title? I wouldn't be surprised if they're both already huge fans of the show. I'd rather have true fans make the pin than a cookie cutter retheme....

Have to agree with you there...future backglass

FUT.jpgFUT.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Game Of Thrones with "Hodor" frenzy scoring mode!

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

I realize its been brought up in the past but it seems some time has passed since the last one

Actually, there is a thread like this every other day. Since you asked, I'm still towing the line for Elvira 3.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

F-U-T-U-R-A-M-A!!!

Quoted from Honch:

Actually, there is a thread like this every other day. Since you asked, I'm still towing the line for Elvira 3.

Ok, then what features would you like to see? Personally,i'd like to see a more creative use of the playfield, a deeper lower playfield perhaps? I do like the in-line drop targets on the Metallica (if only they dropped correctly!)

#12 10 years ago

Music pin = Pink Floyd

#13 10 years ago

munsters...zombie theme...Disneyland....Earth attacks Mars....Pin-Bar(tavern,bar theme)... Sin City....Sideshow(freakshow)...
    Features....Plasma pop bumpers, Original artwork, handle similar to demo man, a pin2k like projection, cool moving toys, Way to put name or choose from set name in at beginning of game and game uses your name during play.

#14 10 years ago

full artwork on sides where mirror blades go, allstar voice overs,

#15 10 years ago

Lego needs to be done in 2014!!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #17 10 years ago

Led Zeppelin.

#18 10 years ago

I would love to see a good Caddyshack machine.

#19 10 years ago

We need something really original, but still pinball related.

I've got one -- For The Win!

How about a small manuf producing about 1000 pinball machines with this theme:

*** "Pinside, The Wild World of Pinball!" ***

We Pinsiders get to help offer suggestions related to artwork, modes, playfield layout & features, call-outs, innovative new features, etc.

This will keep most everyone here (Robin, moderators, & Pinsiders) busy and hopefully enthusiastic with all the related threads that get started, along with new stickies/tabs/& website features that Robin will need to create to help manage this project, etc.

This would be so much fun imho, and would really feel like "our" pinball machine.

I'm sure at least a few of the psycho trolls here on Pinside will go off when they don't get their way on something they want done, so policing the circus that ensues will of course be necessary.
    I do predict there would be some Pinsiders taking trips to Redemption Island, and of course some that get banned-for-life from Pinside.
    These are just casualties that can be expected when creating an epic pinball machine that will be so awesome that it will replace Medieval Madness as the Number 1 pinball machine here on Pinside Top 100.

#20 10 years ago

Spongebob Squarepants.

#21 10 years ago

Greek Mythology

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from gac:

Spongebob Squarepants.

Thanks, but no thanks

#24 10 years ago

RPG Pinball. Allow player profile's so they can build up their character(s). Fight goblins, orcs, dragons, etc... go on quests; both in single player mode or a campaign mode where it saves to your profile so it may take you a dozen games to get through a certain quest. Allow players to buy epic armor; like chainmail with special powers where the power will allow a player to initiate the ball saver for 3 secs. Or an epic sword that delivers extra points on combos.

#25 10 years ago

Good idea. Medusa is great, but lots of Greek deities are still waiting for their pins !
    (Circe was good theme - Heighway pinball - too bad they chose a motorcycle race theme instead)

#26 10 years ago

Disneyworld theme park game (Magic Kingdom playfield and have the rides work with the pinballs)

Pee-Wee's Playhouse

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The Blues Brothers (as a music themed pin)

Beavis & Butthead

a remake of South Park with all the updated characters and a better playfield layout

Blueman Group (think of all the possibilities with LED screens and fiber optic wires)

The Brady Bunch

Man with No Name Trilogy

a good Star Wars Trilogy based on the original three movies only

The Price is Right

Hell's Kitchen (have the playfield a cross between a kitchen and Fire! with Ramsey yelling at you)

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

The Muppets

James Bond 50 year Anniversary

Heavy Metal (the early 80's movie)

The Bachellor

Amazing Race and/or Survivor

Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo

Jaws

Toy Story

Clash of the Titans (or some Greek mythology game)

Enter the Dragon

Resident Evil

Sonic the Hedgehog

Abe Lincoln : Vampire Hunter

Disco Night at Studio 54

Mortal Kombat

Finding Nemo (or a generic underwater themed game)

Spaceballs

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Conan (the original Arnold ones)

The Mummy (the Brendan Fraser movies)

5th Element

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Waynes World

Speed Racer (cartoon)

Gremlins

some generic NASA space game with our solar system

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

Ok, then what features would you like to see?

More of the same as far as artwork. I'd love a much deeper rule set and plenty of DROP targets and a couple of spinners. I also would prefer a translight with great artwork over an LCD display like WOZ. The color DMD (like the one for SS) is all you would need for a display. In the middle of the playfield I'd want A 2way mirror with artwork on it that when illuminated reveals a Haunted House style lower playfield.

#28 10 years ago

linolium - I mean a REAL Spongebob pinball.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Blueman Group (think of all the possibilities with LED screens and fiber optic wires)

I mentioned this before (several hundred threads ago ) and am surprised this doesn't garner more attention. If any of you have never seen the show, do it and then you'll understand.

#30 10 years ago

I'm so into the idea of Futurama as a license that I've convinced myself that it WILL happen, it would be the only NIB that I would consider buying.

Bite my shiney metal ass!!!

#31 10 years ago

Conan the Barbarian.

#32 10 years ago

Jersey Jack should do Goonies!

This Future Pinball table is pretty cool:

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Data East Star Wars

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from NiftyLED:

Ok, then what features would you like to see? Personally,i'd like to see a more creative use of the playfield, a deeper lower playfield perhaps? I do like the in-line drop targets on the Metallica (if only they dropped correctly!)

Well, there's reeeally nothing new under the sun in pinball, save for the use of the LCD for the backglass. But that doesn't really affect the playfield features at all. I also believe that whatever features are there, are determinant to the theme executed. For instance, if it were Futurama, all the wireforms would have to be modeled like the "people mover tubes", or whatever they called them. You'd have to include a suicide booth, perhaps a lower playfield for the mutant land, and maybe a moving Planet Express ship bash toy(a la MB's Dracula).

I really don't know what would be best since there are so many great features from other machines and so many opinions as to what people would like.....perhaps it'll take something new? Something no one has ever seen before in a pinball machine? Lasers? Holograms? Zoidberg?

What about a multi-directional ramp that has a diverter on it that the player controls with the flipper buttons? Or was that on The Shadow already?

#35 10 years ago

Just watched a video of the custom pin the matrix. And listening to the sounds confirms that i would love a DJ pin. With great house music that pumps you up, fast lay out.

Visit citys around the world, as a DJ, to perform. A ramp could be a plane, to travel. Main toy would be a podium with the dj and tables. A subway for an underground party mode.

Big light shows, good speakers. Babes! Dancing people. An acid mode, lol.

I think it can be fantastic.

#36 10 years ago

I wanna rob a bank real bad

#37 10 years ago

My daughter would really like a Pokemon themed pinball machine. She's even talking about creating one herself.

Some sort of Grand Heist type would be fun, with different types of robberies as you go up in skill level. Steal the precious without breaking the security beam, waking the guard, etc. Work your way up from pickpocket to jewel or art thief, or something more exotic.

I like the Pink Floyd idea. Be a band, travel to different areas and perform. Though that ends up kinf of like Monster Bash. And there could even still be a cow.

Thermonuclear War, where you have to convince the computer (Joshua lol) that it's pointless to play because no one wins, before he blows up the earth.

Sort of along the theme of Diner, but Retail Worker. Help the tech-clueless find a UBS (thumb drive, port, cable, something else? It's USB dummy!) without insulting her intelligence. Repair a broken whatchamacallit in record time, sell accessories, serve as many customers in a row as possible, collect paychecks, tips, extra paid breaks (more time for goals) as bonus. Shoot the boss for a million points when lit.

Heck, shoot the boss would just be fun anyway! And leave that target as one of those picture frame holder things, so you can put a picture of your REAL boss in there!

#38 10 years ago

Grand Theft Auto would be cool!!!

#39 10 years ago

The Expendables

#40 10 years ago

Firefly
    Chronicles of Riddick
    HellBoy
    Pitch Black
    Dune
    Matrix
    Fringe (maybe move it up in order I listed here)
    Storage Wars Texas (Only if Mary is featured dead center on P.F. and wearing a Bikini

#41 10 years ago

One more....may be out of favor for most readers here. Still, I could see a PF (if done right) making this theme work:

Phantasm

#42 10 years ago

In the greek mytholgy theme - A god of War pinball based on the playstation series of games would be awesome, great artwork, animations and sound (from the game) and loads of opportunity for various modes, enemies to defeat etc.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

Data East Star Wars

I said a good game, not an ok game

I think if they modernized a SW trilogy theme with some mode based rules (which is why I like the Sega version) and gave it the 2013 charm of Metallica or Tron, it would be a hit

I do love the DE SW artwork...my favorite playfield art era is 90's DE

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Music pin = Pink Floyd

+1

or Led Zep on the music themed pins.

All the talk about Ducks in previous comments got me thinking of a movie I watched as a kid

"Howard the Duck"

#45 10 years ago

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    Mystery Science Theater 3000
    Army Of Darkness or Evil Dead
    Jaws
    Night Of The Living Dead or a combination of all of Romero's movies

#46 10 years ago

The Three Stooges!!!

// Error: Image 110515 not found //

#47 10 years ago

Monty Python and the Holy Grail -
    The Blues Brothers (as a music themed pin)
    The Price is Right
    Space Ghost Coast to Coast
    The Muppets
    James Bond 50 year Anniversary
    Jaws
    Toy Story
    Clash of the Titans (or some Greek mythology game)
    Enter the Dragon
    Resident Evil
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Mortal Kombat
    Spaceballs
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    Conan (the original Arnold ones)
    The Mummy (the Brendan Fraser movies)
    Waynes World
    Speed Racer (cartoon)
    Gremlins

Yes to ALL of these. Dear lord.

#48 10 years ago

Tomb Raider

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from ShootForSlrValue:

Good one. A Voyager I / II pin would be cool. The journey started in 1977 (?) but is far from over. And many of us may remember its plaque.

#50 10 years ago

DRAGONS LAIR.

There are 70 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-theme-suggestions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.