(Topic ID: 290261)

New pinball skills tutorial videos

By ABE_FLIPS

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8521 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8535 (resized).jpeg
    future spa (resized).jpg
    A9F64D97-061A-40B4-9978-236BBD7BA6A6 (resized).jpeg
    CECADAA8-FCF9-46C7-B522-7F1DA4833855 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220726-131759 (resized).png
    location loop (resized).png
    TWIPYs21 (resized).jpg
    skipass (resized).jpg
    001 (resized).png
    Unbenannt01 (resized).png
    Unbenannt02 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_eddie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#251 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks for the kind words, nice to see that you maybe get some new people into the hobby
    So far you are already the second one who uses the clips for educational reasons
    Just a little update, I now started to write the new skirpt for the "tutorial film". I have great ideas so far but I'm a littlebit stuck on the structure of the tutorial. Each technique can get very deep on it`s own and exceeds with other techniques and I don't want to scare away newcomers with the depth of the tutorial.
    As an example, I want to start with basic stuff like aiming but there are so many complex things i want to include, like delayed flips, shots on the fly, backhand shots, different ball speeds, occuring problems like inlane ball hop and how to handle it etc. The thing is, I dont want to cut the theniques into different pieces for beginners and intermediate for example, because it will get too confusing/unclear. Any idea?

Perhaps instead of using the terms beginner and intermediate, maybe have sections like basic and advanced. However for any basic techniques that could expand\include into advanced techniques, maybe mention those advanced technique terms and then reference where those sections are or have a quick link to them.

Don’t know if that makes sense, hard to explain.

Too bad a supplement to your book\guide couldn’t be what Multimorphic was going to come out with to help the player learn skills. This platform can auto feed balls to specific locations repeatedly and in a consistent way and the screen can then illustrate the technique and I’m sure it could even be programmed to do an automatic demonstration with the flippers before then letting the player try themselves. The game was called “Wizard Pinball Trainer”, however I’m sure the majority of people wouldn’t buy a P3 just for this, but again could be a supplement to those who already have the platform and future owners. Below is a thread that has a very early prototype video demonstration:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-trainer#post-6402018

Thanks for all you do ABE_FLIPS , your videos thus far have truly been very helpful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_eddie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-skills-tutorial-videos?tu=pinball_eddie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.