(Topic ID: 290261)

New pinball skills tutorial videos

By ABE_FLIPS

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8521 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8535 (resized).jpeg
    future spa (resized).jpg
    A9F64D97-061A-40B4-9978-236BBD7BA6A6 (resized).jpeg
    CECADAA8-FCF9-46C7-B522-7F1DA4833855 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220726-131759 (resized).png
    location loop (resized).png
    TWIPYs21 (resized).jpg
    skipass (resized).jpg
    001 (resized).png
    Unbenannt01 (resized).png
    Unbenannt02 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin_fandango.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

love it! I like the music you added to the vids, the lighting is perfect and your voice sounds great. Really digging it! thanks!

5 months later
    #71 2 years ago

I dont care what you call these abe, I thought your videos are great.

Use whatever terms you like and use where you play pinball. I am ok with this.

Also Tap pass sucks, and micro flip is cooler.

He is nice enough to make the videos in English. Keep going.

Thanks Abe

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Can you include a link? Because I browsed the PAPA list of terms and it’s not on there.

Watch the video maybe? The flipper is raised, the ball hits the rubber and then you immediately drop it so the initial bounce continues. The ball is not traveling up the flipper over to the opposite one, which would just be an inlane transfer.

I appreciate you responding to my critiques in a calm manner. It’s refreshing, unlike the extreme negativity from others.
    I’ve watched Jack since he started on Twitch, and never heard him say Ski-pass. I’ve heard him say Micro-Flip and chatted back and forth on it, and left it preference. When did he start using ski-pass? Even searching pinside, it sounds like a relatively new term, within the past couple years.
    Also, I understand the French/English thing going on. Some commenters seem to forget your videos are in English! I have worked with many French pinheads, and they call them flippers because the translation from English to French for “pinball” would make no sense. Sometimes language relies on existing words instead of making one up if it doesn’t make sense.
    It’s like Ramen noodles in English. Ramen IS LITERALLY A NOODLE. We don’t say Spaghetti noodle!
    Anyway, my point still stands.
    Great work on the series ABE_FLIPS
    I look forward to the nudging videos.

Pinball machines are called Flippers pretty much everywhere else in the world except for USA. I only realized flippers were actually called pinball as of 2020.

Same argument for Anana vs pineapple. The world knows what Anana is, except for USA. lol. Not even autocorrect knows what Anana is, hence the capital in Anana I am too lazy to correct the autocorrect. lol

1 week later
    #106 2 years ago

lol, all those ski passes made for an awesome game. Well done.
    I think I might be getting this pin next. I thought I was not going to but the more I look at it, the more I think it is a killer pin.

1 week later
    1 month later
    #133 2 years ago

another great vid! thanks Abe

2 months later
    #178 2 years ago

Stranger Things is going to teach you a few new tricks lol.
    Looking forward to Gz videos

Keep up the awesome work!
    Also, any abe flips merch? I want a hoodie with your logo

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin_fandango.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-skills-tutorial-videos?tu=pin_fandango and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.