(Topic ID: 290261)

New pinball skills tutorial videos

By ABE_FLIPS

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8521 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8535 (resized).jpeg
    future spa (resized).jpg
    A9F64D97-061A-40B4-9978-236BBD7BA6A6 (resized).jpeg
    CECADAA8-FCF9-46C7-B522-7F1DA4833855 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220726-131759 (resized).png
    location loop (resized).png
    TWIPYs21 (resized).jpg
    skipass (resized).jpg
    001 (resized).png
    Unbenannt01 (resized).png
    Unbenannt02 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Or the “ski-pass” which is literally just a dead bounce.

Ski pass is used by everyone including the czars over at PAPA.

#92 2 years ago

Can you include a link? Because I browsed the PAPA list of terms and it’s not on there.

No links to provide sorry. It’s a term I’ve learned over the years by competing a ton.

But really. Why does it matter at all what he calls them? He did a ton of research before making any videos to ensure terminology made sense.

#98 2 years ago

The dead in “dead bounce” doesn’t refer to a dead flipper

Yes it does. There’s only one way to do a dead bounce. That’s with a flipper at rest.

#100 2 years ago

Embrace the ski pass! Death to engaged flipper fraudulent dead bounces!!

2 weeks later
    #121 2 years ago

Or with new sterns, debounce settings too.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

True, i remember how they lowered the debounce time with a JP2 update and I hated it

Definitely makes it harder. I set all mine to 750. Allows for big moves to actually give you more than one warning.

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Nevermind... googled debounce settings. Now I slightly understand. haha

Stern games build in a delay on when they will let a tilt bob register. Debounce allows a tilt bob to hit the ring like 10 times and only register two of the hits. 90s dmd games register every time the bob hits the ring.

Big moves on sterns are almost impossible to tilt the game. Little jiggly moves can, but the harder you move the game the better on modern sterns unless the debounce is turned down.

1 month later
    #145 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Your channel is great, thanks for the videos.
    Most of what you've shown so far I've seen as a new person who looked up other tip videos. BUT, I have to say the advice in your most recent video to not put your weight on the machine so you can be more agile to nudge was a HUGE improvement to my game immediately. It's not something I've seen mentioned anywhere else and it's saved me from my habit of nudging the exact same all the time.

Yep. Its the most important aspect to nudging.

#148 2 years ago

Done! You were definitely in my top 2 of YT channels of 2021!! Keep it up!

1 month later
    5 months later
    #223 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm with you. I've been hosting a sunday comp for the last three years since i started in pinball, just cause we are a competitive mob.
    Very casual players, but everytime i ask for help from TD's here i get very few responses and very little help.
    It's like the experienced TD's are trying to keep it to themselves.
    Usually along these lines, 3 posts and 2 of them mine asking for help. Probably seems simple to these guys, but everything has a learning curve.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/group-knockout-new-director-help

Please reach out if you ever need help. I’m always a available and happy to help if needed.

1 week later
    #227 1 year ago
    Quoted from prentice:

Can someone remind me of the website that has all the standard lessons depicted as simple animations? I find it to be a good supplement to Abe's great work, but I can't remember the URL.

Deadflip.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-skills-tutorial-videos?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.