(Topic ID: 290261)

New pinball skills tutorial videos

By ABE_FLIPS

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8521 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8535 (resized).jpeg
    future spa (resized).jpg
    A9F64D97-061A-40B4-9978-236BBD7BA6A6 (resized).jpeg
    CECADAA8-FCF9-46C7-B522-7F1DA4833855 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220726-131759 (resized).png
    location loop (resized).png
    TWIPYs21 (resized).jpg
    skipass (resized).jpg
    001 (resized).png
    Unbenannt01 (resized).png
    Unbenannt02 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#144 2 years ago

Your channel is great, thanks for the videos.

Most of what you've shown so far I've seen as a new person who looked up other tip videos. BUT, I have to say the advice in your most recent video to not put your weight on the machine so you can be more agile to nudge was a HUGE improvement to my game immediately. It's not something I've seen mentioned anywhere else and it's saved me from my habit of nudging the exact same all the time.

1 month later
    #166 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Hey there,
    here is the second nudging part, please let me know how you like it and if there are more questions regarding nudging, because there might be a 3rd part in the future.
    Also please don't forget to vote for me at the TWIPYs. It's open until the 17th of January and i really appreciate every vote
    https://twipys.com/2021-twipys-ballot/
    I wasn't able to finish the thumbnail in time, don't take the placeholder too serious

I love the style in these videos. The knowledge is great too but I love how you shoot and edit as well.

Here's a request, can you talk about the range of the flipper and the area it covers? What I mean is when is it better to flip, not flip, or hold the flipper up to prevent a center drain? Is it always a bad idea to hit the flippers at the same time? Does that increase the chances of the ball going between them? I'm interested in how the flipper covers the center in different positions. For example is the flipper further into the center lane when it's at the top position, bottom or halfway through the stroke? Or is it the same?

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Wow you hit the Jackpot... the next video will be "how to protect the center"!
    That will include all the angles and also slingshot action, a very important part.
    Regarding when to shoot... Part 2 of "Aiming and Shooting" will also come, but it could take some time to get there. It will include on the fly shots.
    Another thing would be- which technique should be used when. I decided that I want to show every technique on its own at first before I put everything together. For example, i did explain the best angles for dead bounces, live catches and drop catches (on the fly shots still missing). But in reality its not always as clear because you could need the ball on the opposite flipper for the next shot, that means you could force a risky pass. Or the angle is not good for a live catch but you need the ball on that flipper- so take the risk? etc... for this reason I wanted to record some live gameplay and pick certain situations and explain why i choose one skill over another, similar to the "various examples" in Nudging part 2 with slow motion and agles explained.
    So there is much more to come this year and I'm already very excited!
    A little advertising, since I get no money for all this you can SHOW YOUR SUPPORT here at the TWIPYs voting on page 2 for "Favorite Pinball YouTube Channel"
    https://twipys.com/2021-twipys-ballot/
    Thanks alot

Awesome I can't wait to see it.

#172 2 years ago

I just pulled off my first nudge pass and it felt so good. I have Iron Maiden and get a fiar number of center drains off the mummy captive ball and center ramp so this should really help if I can get good at it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Anony.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-skills-tutorial-videos?tu=Anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.