(Topic ID: 290261)

New pinball skills tutorial videos

By ABE_FLIPS

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8521 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8535 (resized).jpeg
    future spa (resized).jpg
    A9F64D97-061A-40B4-9978-236BBD7BA6A6 (resized).jpeg
    CECADAA8-FCF9-46C7-B522-7F1DA4833855 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220726-131759 (resized).png
    location loop (resized).png
    TWIPYs21 (resized).jpg
    skipass (resized).jpg
    001 (resized).png
    Unbenannt01 (resized).png
    Unbenannt02 (resized).png
    There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 3 years ago

Hello,

I have a new project called "pinball skills in depth".
    New videos are coming every few weeks, have a look and subscribe if you like them.

Channel trailer

Micro flips

Aiming and shooting part 1

#2 3 years ago

Dig it! I am newer to the hobby and will take any help I can get, and these videos are high-quality. Subscribed.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from onemilemore:

Dig it! I am newer to the hobby and will take any help I can get, and these videos are high-quality. Subscribed.

Thanks for the kind words. The upcoming videos are: ski Pass, post pass and drop catch.

#4 3 years ago

Very nice! Short, quick to the point, high quality, and informative! Keep em coming!

#5 3 years ago

Agree with the comments above - extremely well done bite sized videos. Subscribed and looking forward to the next ones.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have a new project called "pinball skills in depth".

Ok, I'll admit it. At first I rolled my eyes a bit... but then you sir, have earned a subscription on YouTube from me. I only had a chance to watch one during my lunch from work, but these look well done. Excellent job.

#7 3 years ago

Great video on about the micro flips. One thing to note for newer plays is that each game (and sometimes even each flipper on a game) behave and act differently. This can be based on a number of factors; leaf switches at the flipper button, end of stroke switch, hardware used in the flipper mechs, etc.

So practice and play all kinds of games to get the feel for how different flippers act. And if you are struggling on one game, that doesn't mean you can't develop the skill, just move to another game and you may have more success.

#8 3 years ago

love it! I like the music you added to the vids, the lighting is perfect and your voice sounds great. Really digging it! thanks!

#9 3 years ago

I think you did a GREAT Job. I enjoyed watching it and look forward to more!!

#10 3 years ago

Solid videos!

#11 3 years ago

Awesome vids. Content and quality of production is great!!

#12 3 years ago

Quality video, rare these days.

#13 3 years ago

I really appreciate all your kind words, thank you so much! Especially DaveH
    Bugsy good point, I kind of handwaved over this. The thing is, I want to make it short and efficient at the same time. I could have gone much deeper into it.

Is there anything specific you'd like to see in the future? Still gathering information on this.

cheers

#14 3 years ago

Really good videos. Professional quality.

Would love to see some on nudging techniques and best practices for multiball.

#15 3 years ago

Very good! nice camera work. subscribed , would like to see vids on nudging skill for outlanes and live and dead catches

#16 3 years ago

I think that split screens showing flipper button action or nudge action alongside the effect this has on the ball/flippers would be really eye opening.

#17 3 years ago

I would actually like to see a tutorial from you on loop passes. I have seen them done before, and have watched other tutorial videos, but that's the one skill I haven't been able to do consistently. Most of the time it seems that I will perform more of a drop catch and the ball just rolls down the flipper into the trough.

#18 3 years ago

Very nice. Subscribed!!!!

#19 3 years ago

Thanks, nudging is a huge topic which also requires alot of experience and research.
    I'm not sure yet how to split that up in differnt parts since i do not want to make the videos too long, but its definitely coming!

*different bouncing material like rubber and metal
    *sling shot nudging
    *sling post nudging
    *outlane nudging
    *cabinet side slaps/nudges (also slow loop feed to avoid the slings)
    *shaking the outlane
    *differnt nudge passes
    *ball prediction for successful nudging
    *multiball nudges (where all comes together)

pinballj drop catches are already in the pipeline!

TinyBlackDog thanks, I already have such things recoreded (for the upcoming video) and they are really helping.

Bugsy loop passes only are working on games where the loop feeds the flipper and this has to happen in the right angle and speed.
    If you are doing a drop catch you release the button too early. However the problem can also be the angle and speed.
    I`m only able to do them on my DP Pro, since they simply do not work on my other games. Loop passes are not planned yet, maybe in the future.

#20 3 years ago

Here is the latest tutorial, please let me know how you like it:

cheers

#21 3 years ago

Awesome Abe! Love the lower playfield view (with hands visible) at :31 - this is what I'm hoping to see when you do your outlane nudging video. For some reason I'm always shaking too hard and seem to cause more drains or warnings.

Time to practice some ski passes!

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Here is the latest tutorial, please let me know how you like it:

Another nice pinball-skill video. Thanks

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Awesome Abe! Love the lower playfield view (with hands visible) at :31 - this is what I'm hoping to see when you do your outlane nudging video. For some reason I'm always shaking too hard and seem to cause more drains or warnings.
    Time to practice some ski passes!

it could take a little while for the nudging video, since my elbows are inflamated here is a short tip:

when the ball already has made it past the upper sling post its too late most of the time. you should have prevented that in the first place by smart ball prediction and nudging!
    However simply do a well timed, short and hard (means less tilt bouncing) upward nudge as the ball reaches the outlane post. ideally the rubber touches the ball enough to force the ball upwards.
    Unbenannt01 (resized).pngUnbenannt01 (resized).png
    If a slower, bouncing ball somehow made it to the outlanes you can shake the machine diagonally, to reduce the gap between the two outlane rubbers. you will have to shake quite forcefully and you will mostly get 1-2 warnings. Its a last resort move. the earlier you shake the greater your chance is the ball won`t make it past the outlane posts and the less forcfully you have to shake. just try it, its not that hard, just hard to master.

Unbenannt02 (resized).pngUnbenannt02 (resized).png

#24 3 years ago

Great videos! Thank you for your hard work!

1 month later
    #25 2 years ago

Here is the latest tutorial!
    The next video will be drop catches, looking great so far.

cheers

#26 2 years ago

I love your videos. Thank you!

#27 2 years ago

SO nicely done!

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Here is the latest tutorial!
    The next video will be drop catches, looking great so far.

cheers

Awesome how about some more info on that little tap pass towards the end of the vid? Found it earlier in this thread thanks for that one as well.

THANK YOU

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Awesome how about some more info on that little tap pass towards the end of the vid? Found it earlier in this thread thanks for that one as well.
    THANK YOU

Ah i see what you mean @0:39. That was more likely a playfull on-the-fly finesse shot into the inlane.
    This technique also can be used if you are forced to shoot the ball away because you are not able to aim well. Slightly tap the flipper button for soft shots and avoid fast out-of-controll balls. Its hard to pull off and rarely useful.

[Aiming and Shooting part 2] will include finesse on-the-fly shots, but I`m not sure if i will do a video on tap passes since they are mainly used on old machines which i don't own.

#30 2 years ago

Subscribed! Really enjoyed the condensed approach! Great tips and good luck with the channel!
    Chrissi

#31 2 years ago

Nice Videos!! Sharing on our page now

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from WizardMod:

Nice Videos!! Sharing on our page now

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it!

I'm really excited for the upcoming drop catch video, alot of in depth knowledge and "secret" tips you won't find anywhere easily!

#33 2 years ago

There are not much pinball tutorial videos. I love them!
    Keep it up!

#34 2 years ago

Cool videos, nice work.

3 weeks later
    #35 2 years ago

Drop Catch...a sure sign of a professional player.

1 week later
    #36 2 years ago

Finally, that was a hard one, also thanks to the guys and gals from tiltforums

#37 2 years ago

excellent! great camera work, i love the slow mo where you can see the spin on the ball. thanks!

#38 2 years ago

Love the camera work. Well done!

#39 2 years ago

thanks, the content is growing, hopefully we make it to the nudging skills soon

#40 2 years ago

abe, are you good friends with johannes ?

#41 2 years ago

The video is totally pro. The player as well. The technique. Amazing!
    Keep it up!

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

abe, are you good friends with johannes ?

unfortunately not, I do not know any pinhead in person since I have started with pinball only two years ago and then covid hit...

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

since I have started with pinball only two years ago

Your videos just became all that much more impressive.

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Your videos just became all that much more impressive.

Hmm, I dont think so, I was just insistence. Videos can make anyone look good I tried to play 1 hour a day. Thats about 700 hrs + of gameplay.
    And I think I wasn`t even efficient with practice, since I have had no feedback or teaching from professional players.

I often thought I have hit plateaus, but that was not the case, I just didn't see my mistakes.
    I remember how frustrating it was, not being able to tell where my flaws are or how I could improve in any way.
    Beside the tutorials I`m also planning a little series where I will comment on some of my gameplay and let people know when, why and how I choose certain techniques. For a more practical approach

#45 2 years ago

Abe, looks like the email you have on YouTube is not working. Could you send us an email at [email protected] ?
    Or let us know your email by pm?

1 month later
    #46 2 years ago

#47 2 years ago

Perfect!

#48 2 years ago

Why the giggle at the end about slapping balls? LOL

#49 2 years ago

These are very useful. I never knew that you should follow up the first slap with a second on the opposite hand.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Why the giggle at the end about slapping balls? LOL

That was the moment i realized what I just said

Nokoro
    If your tilt is not too sensitive, single slaps can be very useful, because you dont lose ball control from the second slap.

There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-skills-tutorial-videos?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.