(Topic ID: 290261)

New pinball skills tutorial videos

By ABE_FLIPS

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8521 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8535 (resized).jpeg
    future spa (resized).jpg
    A9F64D97-061A-40B4-9978-236BBD7BA6A6 (resized).jpeg
    CECADAA8-FCF9-46C7-B522-7F1DA4833855 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220726-131759 (resized).png
    location loop (resized).png
    TWIPYs21 (resized).jpg
    skipass (resized).jpg
    001 (resized).png
    Unbenannt01 (resized).png
    Unbenannt02 (resized).png
    There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 1 year ago

Hey there, here is the latest video!
    "Shielding" is quite an important technique and from what I have seen there is no other source of information on it.
    I put it right after the "Aiming and Shooting" tutorial in the playlist due to its importance!

To give you a little update on the Abe Flips project, I'm not sure how I will progress further since I feel a lack of motivation and most of the important stuff is done. Sure there would be much more and I already have those Ideas, I'm just not sure how I want to progress. Maybe a digital DVD like "Pinball 103" with even more detailed exlanations comes to mind, Multiball play, tech videos about how to set up machines, switches etc. or maybe some tournament oriented stuff. Anyway I will upload some Live-Streams in future again on Youtube for sure.
    Let's see what future holds!

Thanks everyone for helping with ideas and your critics so far!

cheers

#202 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I'm not sure how I will progress further since I feel a lack of motivation and most of the important stuff is done.

Regardless of if and how you continue with these videos, rest assured that all the great content you've produced is a huge asset for the pinball community, and I'd wager has helped thousands of people around the world get better at pinball, make repeat plays of pinball more accessible, and increase their appreciation of pinball.

Thanks again!

#203 1 year ago

This is a good video. Much more in depth than I've seen on the topic previously.

I have been talking with local competitive players lately. You mentioned a settings video and I think that would be cool.

One thing that is still lacking in my mind is a standard tilt setting for modern games. I mean like literal... "the cone should be cleaned and it should be above the 50% mark" and it should be tested and working". Sounds obvious but I swear, it's a free for all out there.

I mean why do we most often NOT play extra balls in a league/tournament? It's essentially to shorten the ball times on a game. If that is true, should we be looking for more ways to shorten the lengths of all competitive games since the collective whole of all people playing in tournaments is constantly getting larger and better? I'm not really talking about removing posts or rubbers on the outlanes because that is definitely a strategy for reducing ball times as well, it's just not really possible to make that a "standard" because not all games have those things.

Also consider tilt forums, which discusses these things much more often... I suppose in some ways that is a better forum for a specific competitive video guide, if you do choose to make one.

I realize there are the IFPA rules and they do cover some of this: https://www.ifpapinball.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/PAPA_IFPA-Complete-Competition-Rules-1.pdf

It's obviously up to a TD to decide and execute these things but... STANDARDS and helpful tips are distinct from RULES.

A tournament standard is "most of the time EBs are off". A rule is "plunge all extra balls" if you happen to get one. They are different and there is really no set of standards outside of the "IFPA rules". Good TDs only come with experience.

Maybe a short guide would help those that occasionally want to host a tournament (be a TD) or play competitively with a list of things to consider and set up on games ahead of time?

Some possible considerations... should there be a standard # of tilt warnings, should there be a tilt at all, should you use rubber casters to minimize sliding the machine, should extra balls always be turned off for all games, should a game be in tournament/competitive mode if available, how level or steep should a game be, are you allowed to change tilts/leveling after a tournament has started, what about unintentional bouncebacks, withdrawing, disqualification rules, outbursts and rage tilts, stuck balls during multiball, game malfunctions, tilt through situations, if a player is up, how long do they have to show up or plunge (shot clock), list here is very long.

The suggestions I have are:
    1. Leave your potential tournament game on overnight, then the next day play it 3 times and confirm it's still working great.
    2. Invite good players to "test" games and measure a few ball times or game times. (Most modern games even have ball time lengths) and set a standard average of 2 minutes? or less. If one game sticks out as taking forever, you want to come up with a way to shorten the ball times or, just remove it from the event.
    3. Make sure the tilt is working and the game is in Tourn/Comp mode when possible.

Seems like it would be a given but games constantly have problems and if you've never hosted an event before, these 3 things are easy to overlook.

#204 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

One thing that is still lacking in my mind is a standard tilt setting for modern games. I mean like literal... "the cone should be cleaned and it should be above the 50% mark" and it should be tested and working". Sounds obvious but I swear, it's a free for all out there.

Good news! Such a video on all things regarding the tilt bob already exists, and it's FANTASTIC.

Of special note, if you're running a tournament: install the ear plug mod in all the tilt bobs that allow it.
    If you're playing in a tournament, courteously ask the TD/organizers to install ear plugs in all the tilt bobs.
    Thank me later.

#205 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

It's essentially to shorten the ball times on a game. If that is true, should we be looking for more ways to shorten the lengths of all competitive games since the collective whole of all people playing in tournaments is constantly getting larger and better? I'm not really talking about removing posts or rubbers on the outlanes because that is definitely a strategy for reducing ball times as well, it's just not really possible to make that a "standard" because not all games have those things.

One of the best ways to shorten ball times by making the game more difficult, yet still "fair" in the eyes of players, is to increase the sensitivity of the slingshots. Inducing more side to side action, and making it more difficult to gain control of the ball is tried and true. And better than putting your pins on a feather tight tilt. Simply use a switch adjustment tool to narrow the gap between the blades of the sling switches -- but not too close, so that the slings don't go into repetitive "rifle" mode on a single closure.

Quoted from snyper2099:

Maybe a short guide would help those that occasionally want to host a tournament (be a TD) or play competitively with a list of things to consider and set up on games ahead of time?

Here is an extensive guide on Game Setup notes and recommendations from Replay Foundation / PAPA:
    https://replayfoundation.org/papa/learning-center/director-guide/

Quoted from snyper2099:

what about unintentional bouncebacks, withdrawing, disqualification rules, outbursts and rage tilts, stuck balls during multiball, game malfunctions, tilt through situations, if a player is up, how long do they have to show up or plunge (shot clock), list here is very long.

I believe most, if not all, of what you've listed here is already captured in the IFPA/PAPA rules that you already referenced.
    Great questions to be asking!

Quoted from snyper2099:

The suggestions I have are:
    1. Leave your potential tournament game on overnight, then the next day play it 3 times and confirm it's still working great.
    2. Invite good players to "test" games and measure a few ball times or game times. (Most modern games even have ball time lengths) and set a standard average of 2 minutes? or less. If one game sticks out as taking forever, you want to come up with a way to shorten the ball times or, just remove it from the event.
    3. Make sure the tilt is working and the game is in Tourn/Comp mode when possible.

This is a CRUCIAL element of setting up a tourney: ensuring that the games are not only working, but working well and battle-tested. Here's a list that I've borrowed and used:
    - All Lamps, switches, and coils are functioning properly
    - Tilt bob is present and functioning properly
    - Flippers are strong, and do not stick or flutter
    - Scores for all four players are readable/functioning. For EM's please play multiple 4-player (or maximum player) games to make sure all the non-player 1 reels are working.
    - Playfield is clean and waxed
    - Rubbers are fresh. If a rubber looks like it may break soon, please replace it.
    - Leg levelers can move freely to level the game and adjust pitch.

#206 1 year ago

Setting up a machine video would be great!

#207 1 year ago

I love all of your videos and want to thank you for posting them.
    I seem to be terrible at microflipping when the ball doesn't have quite enough momentum for a ski jump, any additional tips for getting better at that?

#208 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I seem to be terrible at microflipping when the ball doesn't have quite enough momentum for a ski jump, any additional tips for getting better at that?

Before plunging your first ball (or even every ball), quickly test each raised/activated flipper to determine how far you have to let go of each button to deactivate the flipper. This will vary game to game, and even between your L and R flipper. It's much more difficult to micro-flip on a flipper that has a switch that needs to be re-gapped, and requires a "long" button release before it deactivates. What happens in this situation is that you attempt a micro-flip, but you don't release the button far enough and in time to still be in contact with the ball.

#209 1 year ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Regardless of if and how you continue with these videos, rest assured that all the great content you've produced is a huge asset for the pinball community, and I'd wager has helped thousands of people around the world get better at pinball, make repeat plays of pinball more accessible, and increase their appreciation of pinball.
    Thanks again!

Thanks for the kind words, that means alot to me

ZoraShinoda
    thats a part in the microflip video i didn't include. Snailman already explained the switch thing. However, there is a important thing i want to add here.
    When you see the ball rolling up the raised flipper and you want to stop it or pass it over with a microflip, i found myself lifting off my hand completely from the button to make sure the switch does not make connection anymore. This way i don't have to deal with different switches on different games.
    Off the button is off the switch. However whats different are the times you have to take off your hand of the game. I often find myself even slaping the button to get the sweet spot of the timing of the microflip... hard to explain.
    For the ski pass, it's hardly dependend on the game and the flipper angle. On many games its simply not possible, or you can't support the pass with the second flipper because the ball is too slow. I also didn't include that in the tutorial.

#210 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks for the kind words, that means alot to me
    ZoraShinoda
    thats a part in the microflip video i didn't include. Snailman already explained the switch thing. However, there is a important thing i want to add here.
    When you see the ball rolling up the raised flipper and you want to stop it or pass it over with a microflip, i found myself lifting off my hand completely from the button to make sure the switch does not make connection anymore. This way i don't have to deal with different switches on different games.
    Off the button is off the switch. However whats different are the times you have to take off your hand of the game. I often find myself even slaping the button to get the sweet spot of the timing of the microflip... hard to explain.
    For the ski pass, it's hardly dependend on the game and the flipper angle. On many games its simply not possible, or you can't support the pass with the second flipper because the ball is too slow. I also didn't include that in the tutorial.

Thanks so much for the response, and yes Ski Passing ease and ability definitely depends on the angle of the flippers. Steeper angle flippers I am less concerned with as usually simply raising the flipper, when it is steep, it will not make it up the raised flipper and simply settle into a cradle which is fine as I can gain control.

Will give you advice a shot, lifting completely off and maybe trying a mini slap.

#211 1 year ago
    Quoted from Snailman:

Good news! Such a video on all things regarding the tilt bob already exists, and it's FANTASTIC.
    Of special note, if you're running a tournament: install the ear plug mod in all the tilt bobs that allow it.
    If you're playing in a tournament, courteously ask the TD/organizers to install ear plugs in all the tilt bobs.
    Thank me later.

Thanks for posting the video here. You can always lead a horse to water...

I realize most of the other resources you mentioned exist and I've help to run events for nearly 20 years... just thought a video that is well presented to the Pinside crowd could possibly help catch up the more casual competitive players thinking about hosting something.

#212 1 year ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Thanks for posting the video here. You can always lead a horse to water...
    I realize most of the other resources you mentioned exist and I've help to run events for nearly 20 years... just thought a video that is well presented to the Pinside crowd could possibly help catch up the more casual competitive players thinking about hosting something.

I'm with you. I've been hosting a sunday comp for the last three years since i started in pinball, just cause we are a competitive mob.

Very casual players, but everytime i ask for help from TD's here i get very few responses and very little help.

It's like the experienced TD's are trying to keep it to themselves.

Usually along these lines, 3 posts and 2 of them mine asking for help. Probably seems simple to these guys, but everything has a learning curve.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/group-knockout-new-director-help

#213 1 year ago

Thanks for the Tilt Video, that was really great! I also heard about the earplug mod for tournaments, now i have seen it!

punkin I feel you there, it was the same for me, as i was looking for help for playing tips. Thats why i started my own tutorials
    However in person it seems to be much easier to get help. I got never disapointed this way in the pinball scene.

#214 1 year ago

I appreciate your efforts and i always point new players that are asking for help to your vids as well as doing what i can to show them skills i know exist but don't pull off very regularly

I've had feedback from new players too, to say that your vids explain things in an easy to grasp and entertaining way. I also always pick up a few things watching, even if i might already know how to pull off some of the passes and catches, there's always a tech nugget in there for me that explains things i hadn't thought about enough in what i do.

It would be a shame if you didn't keep doing it when you thought or were prompted into doing new shows occasionally. Could maybe still do it on a digital purchase content fashion, but add extra content. You could afford to replace tech when it broke and at least it would pay for itself that way even if you didn't add an income stream.

#215 1 year ago

New video is excellent and all your videos are a true asset to the hobby. Thank you!

I donated a while back and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

I'm not sure if that's the kind of motivation you need/want, but I'm sure it can't hurt

#216 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:

New video is excellent and all your videos are a true asset to the hobby. Thank you!
    I donated a while back and would encourage everyone else to do the same.
    I'm not sure if that's the kind of motivation you need/want, but I'm sure it can't hurt

Thanks for the donation! Overall i received about 70 $ from donations.
    Until now money didn't play a role. I have no advertising going on and i denied all cooperations i got offered to give you the best experience possible.

Maybe money could be a motivator now, but I think the main problem is my workflow, which drains my energy. I also need to re-new my fire, find something which drives me.

To give you a little inight in my workflow.

1. Creating a concept, research the topic (fun part)
    2. Creating the script, making this in english is hard to do for me
    3. Video recording, the easier part
    4. Audio recording, i really don't like it (english & german)
    5. Video editing, i use a friends old Sony FS700 high speed camera setup, where i have to cut and save every file individualy- without sound
    6. creating animations and editing is slow (limited by computerpower and missing knowledge)
    7. Audio editing (the camera has no audio recording at the highspeed setting, so i have to add all the sounds in post production, every flipper flip and ball bounce you hear, i have to do manually)

From reading my own post, i guess the solution would be to improve my workflow and buy a new camera system and maybe making shorter videos.
    I think i could cut down the work times about 50% this way, which would cost me about 9.000 $. I could sell a pinball machine for it... NOT
    Cameras also lose value fast, unlike pinball machines. I will talk to a friend, he might help me with workflow and always has great ideas.

#217 1 year ago

I searched the thread and realized the donation link hasn't been posted here. If you've been enjoying these videos like I have (they have definitely made me a better player!), I'd encourage you to buy Abe a beer

PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/AbeFlips
    Bitcoin: 1HzDhj2N6LhnKBRGkhtdS1RFnWSHeVx3cM

#218 1 year ago
    Quoted from scootss:I searched the thread and realized the donation link hasn't been posted here. If you've been enjoying these videos like I have (they have definitely made me a better player!), I'd encourage you to buy Abe a beer
    PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/AbeFlips
    Bitcoin: 1HzDhj2N6LhnKBRGkhtdS1RFnWSHeVx3cM

Thanks for sharing this information. Nobody makes better pinball tutorial videos! The quality is top notch. I'll gladly throw some money his way to help keep him motivated and keep the videos ad free.

#219 1 year ago

Damn, wow! thanks Austin B. You just doubled my overall donations
    That will go into the new harddisc drive, 1TB wasn't enough.

#220 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

To give you a little update on the Abe Flips project, I'm not sure how I will progress further since I feel a lack of motivation and most of the important stuff is done. Sure there would be much more and I already have those Ideas, I'm just not sure how I want to progress. Maybe a digital DVD like "Pinball 103" with even more detailed exlanations comes to mind, Multiball play, tech videos about how to set up machines, switches etc. or maybe some tournament oriented stuff. Anyway I will upload some Live-Streams in future again on Youtube for sure.
    Let's see what future holds!
    Thanks everyone for helping with ideas and your critics so far!
    cheers

I've loved your videos (even as an experienced player) as I think you've really taken some great methods to explain the concepts to people and have had fantastic production value. I have some idea of what could be a cool future topic, but I'll PM you!

#221 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks for the donation! Overall i received about 70 $ from donations.
    Until now money didn't play a role. I have no advertising going on and i denied all cooperations i got offered to give you the best experience possible.
    Maybe money could be a motivator now, but I think the main problem is my workflow, which drains my energy. I also need to re-new my fire, find something which drives me.
    To give you a little inight in my workflow.
    1. Creating a concept, research the topic (fun part)
    2. Creating the script, making this in english is hard to do for me
    3. Video recording, the easier part
    4. Audio recording, i really don't like it (english & german)
    5. Video editing, i use a friends old Sony FS700 high speed camera setup, where i have to cut and save every file individualy- without sound
    6. creating animations and editing is slow (limited by computerpower and missing knowledge)
    7. Audio editing (the camera has no audio recording at the highspeed setting, so i have to add all the sounds in post production, every flipper flip and ball bounce you hear, i have to do manually)
    From reading my own post, i guess the solution would be to improve my workflow and buy a new camera system and maybe making shorter videos.
    I think i could cut down the work times about 50% this way, which would cost me about 9.000 $. I could sell a pinball machine for it... NOT
    Cameras also lose value fast, unlike pinball machines. I will talk to a friend, he might help me with workflow and always has great ideas.

I had no idea how much effort it is but the results are amazing

#222 1 year ago

Hey there, BIG NEWS!

I did some research and talked to friends and its getting more and more clear that I will do a crowdfunding project on Kickstarter.
    It will fund the equipment and maybe the time I need to produce a full digital DVD with 40min+ of footage with all the missing skills I wanted to dive in, and going even deeper into previous skills. I also would like to add some tech tips and maybe going into classic machines too.

The way this crowdfunding would work is, you can fund for example 25$ for this project and get the Video I produce for free in exchange. So it`s a win/win situation, since there is no risk for you supporters, because you get the money back if we don't reach our financial goal. I think due to the previous videos I did, people will trust in me and they already know the quality they can expect.

The financial goal I set, will not cover all the time I have to spend on this enormous project, I hope I will get something in return later with the sells of the Video, or by exceeding the financial goal at the funding process for the equipment. Supporters who have already donated will also be rewarded accordingly, thank you!

Since I'm new to crowdfunding, I would be happy to hear if you have any tips or ideas.
    Please let me know if you can help with shout-outs, podcasts, blogs or maybe an article to get this going at the launch date!

I'll keep you up to date
    cheers

#223 1 year ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I'm with you. I've been hosting a sunday comp for the last three years since i started in pinball, just cause we are a competitive mob.
    Very casual players, but everytime i ask for help from TD's here i get very few responses and very little help.
    It's like the experienced TD's are trying to keep it to themselves.
    Usually along these lines, 3 posts and 2 of them mine asking for help. Probably seems simple to these guys, but everything has a learning curve.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/group-knockout-new-director-help

Please reach out if you ever need help. I’m always a available and happy to help if needed.

#224 1 year ago

Just discovered these. Nudging Part 2 - wicked shimmy. That cracked me the F up. Well done. Subscribed.

#225 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please reach out if you ever need help. I’m always a available and happy to help if needed.

thanks i'll remember. It's only a small group, but i'd like to keep things interesting.

1 week later
    #226 1 year ago

Can someone remind me of the website that has all the standard lessons depicted as simple animations? I find it to be a good supplement to Abe's great work, but I can't remember the URL.

#227 1 year ago
    Quoted from prentice:

Can someone remind me of the website that has all the standard lessons depicted as simple animations? I find it to be a good supplement to Abe's great work, but I can't remember the URL.

Deadflip.

#228 1 year ago

Yes they are great, https://www.deadflip.com/tutorials

cheers

#229 1 year ago

Thanks

1 month later
    #230 1 year ago

Dude, you're famous!

Screenshot_20220726-131759 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220726-131759 (resized).png
    #231 1 year ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Dude, you're famous!
    [quoted image]

Yeah, great news! Stern reached out to me, because they want to use the videos on their sites.
    They also will help out with promotion for the Kickstarter project!

Kickstarter turns out to be out more complicated than I thought, since I want to make sure everything works smoothly at the launch. Preperation is everything here. With the additional help of Stern I'm confident we will bring this to life.

#232 1 year ago

Well done mate.

#233 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Yeah, great news! Stern reached out to me, because they want to use the videos on their sites.
    Kickstarter turns out to be out more complicated than I thought, since I want to make sure everything works smoothly at the launch. Preperation is everything here. With the additional help of Stern I'm confident we will bring this to life.

Wow, that's great news

#234 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I just can't imagine how you felt when they contacted you.
    How many times did you double/triple/... check?

Happy for you, very well deserved!

#235 1 year ago
    Quoted from Blamer:

I just can't imagine how you felt when they contacted you.
    How many times did you double/triple/... check?
    Happy for you, very well deserved!

To be honest, getting feedback from so many worldclass players was bigger for me, since it's the best endorsement I can get.
    Also meeting, playing and chatting with those people was awesome. However, you are right- it is great!

3 weeks later
    #236 1 year ago

That’s amazing! Congratulations, very well deserved. I love seeing your content on their socials. Kick ass!!

2 months later
    #237 1 year ago

Successfully did the 'Wicked Shimmy' from your nudging video #2 for the first time finally! What exhilaration in making it work!
    Love the videos!

#238 1 year ago
    Quoted from doc5md:

Successfully did the 'Wicked Shimmy' from your nudging video #2 for the first time finally! What exhilaration in making it work!
    Love the videos!

Thats awesome, on which game did you do it? Its a very difficult move...
    Only very good players can execute it depending on the games layout and configuration (rubbers etc.)

cheers

#239 1 year ago

Pulling off a shimmy is the most satisfying move in pinball for me!

I find AIQ's have a very "shimmyable" right outlane. I have done it on a few other machines, but I can more consistently pull it off on AIQ.

#240 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

To be honest, getting feedback from so many worldclass players was bigger for me, since it's the best endorsement I can get.
    Also meeting, playing and chatting with those people was awesome. However, you are right- it is great!

This is awesome love your videos and can see how this will help Stern sell games. One day they will actually be on the display in attract mode they have to be!

Oh and they will make you remove the "balls" comment, but keep that on youtube.

Congrats again and well deserved!

Stern I know you read this stuff SMART move, I get sick of trying to tell newbies how to play Pinball, this is very very smart move!!!

#241 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Only very good players can execute it depending on the games layout and configuration (rubbers etc.)
    cheers

I have seen EJS do this shimmy several times while he kicked my ass!!!

#242 1 year ago

Take the tilt bob out and shimmy's become so much easier I was playing a Champion Pub in league and pretty aggressively shimmied the ball out of the left outlane with no danger, wow! Then I found out why.

Iron Maiden was one of the first games I successfully shimmied and yes it had a tilt bob. I've done it on Deadpool numerous times as well. Almost always from the left outlane I find for myself.

#243 1 year ago
    Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Pulling off a shimmy is the most satisfying move in pinball for me!
    I find AIQ's have a very "shimmyable" right outlane. I have done it on a few other machines, but I can more consistently pull it off on AIQ.

I’ve done it on my GZ Pre a couple of times. Both times, I was amazed to actually pull it off.

#244 1 year ago

Peter Watts showed me how to do it on my Sorcerer at a show once.

I've pulled it off a couple times on Deadpool since, but it's against my nudging instincts which are usually a slap on top of the lockbar or a nudge up from the bottom edge of it.
    Hard to get my hands to go from a forward nudge to a sideways nudge.

But in saying that, my brain is much too slow to use magna save on any of my machines with it.

#245 1 year ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

cheers

Willy Wonka. Right outlane. Stock rubbers, tilt bob, and configuration. I was so excited!

2 months later
    #246 1 year ago

Did the kickstarter campaign ever get launched?

#247 1 year ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Did the kickstarter campaign ever get launched?

Hey there, unfortunately not. I feel like the project would suffer from the pressure and I'm afraid I can't deliver in time.
    My Idea was to maybe sell a Pinball machine and buy the needed eqipment on my own, but now my car is about to break down and everything is getting very expensive. If I cut down on audio editing and voice over and do everything on my own, I'm gonna need about 7-8K € for equipment. It's not looking good to get that kind of money anytime soon But I keep at it, maybe an oppotunity will come- this often happens in life
    For example I wanted to include classic games, which i have access now.

#248 1 year ago

If someone hasn't voted yet I'd be happy if support me in the "Favorite Pinball YouTube Channel" category.

ALSO dont forget the Favorite Pinball Mod: the Godzilla Skillshot fix from Abe Flips/Lermods which made the game much more enjoyable!

Vote:
    https://twipys.com/2022-twipys-ballot/

Cheers

2 weeks later
    #249 1 year ago

Quick shout out to ABE_FLIPS

The middle school is allowing kids to choose some elective courses to explore new things over a 4 day period in February. A parent suggested I lead a course in pinball as one option. As soon as the school reached out I knew I had these videos in my back pocket to guide some skill development over the 4 days. East yes!!

Looking forward to introducing kids to pinball and using these vids. Every time I watch I’m still amazed at the production value. Just a dang nice Job on these…

#250 1 year ago
    Quoted from Riefepeters:

Quick shout out to ABE_FLIPS
    The middle school is allowing kids to choose some elective courses…

Thanks for the kind words, nice to see that you maybe get some new people into the hobby
    So far you are already the second one who uses the clips for educational reasons

Just a little update, I now started to write the new skirpt for the "tutorial film". I have great ideas so far but I'm a littlebit stuck on the structure of the tutorial. Each technique can get very deep on it`s own and exceeds with other techniques and I don't want to scare away newcomers with the depth of the tutorial.

As an example, I want to start with basic stuff like aiming but there are so many complex things i want to include, like delayed flips, shots on the fly, backhand shots, different ball speeds, occuring problems like inlane ball hop and how to handle it etc. The thing is, I dont want to cut the theniques into different pieces for beginners and intermediate for example, because it will get too confusing/unclear. Any idea?

There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-skills-tutorial-videos/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.