(Topic ID: 290261)

New pinball skills tutorial videos

By ABE_FLIPS

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8521 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8535 (resized).jpeg
    future spa (resized).jpg
    A9F64D97-061A-40B4-9978-236BBD7BA6A6 (resized).jpeg
    CECADAA8-FCF9-46C7-B522-7F1DA4833855 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20220726-131759 (resized).png
    location loop (resized).png
    TWIPYs21 (resized).jpg
    skipass (resized).jpg
    001 (resized).png
    Unbenannt01 (resized).png
    Unbenannt02 (resized).png
    There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Look at his videos. As the flipper hits the base of the flipper, it bounces off that rubber, and if you don’t drop the flipper, it would strike that flipper and not bounce all the way over.

I did look at his video and posted a screenshot which shows the flipper fully raised until after the ball clears it.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This isn’t even the main point but you guys are trying super hard to latch onto it.

I just thought it was weird that you would call it a dead bounce and wanted to understand your perspective and now I do.

#102 2 years ago

its official.

skipass (resized).jpgskipass (resized).jpg
    #103 2 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

its official.
    [quoted image]

It better be the Oxford dictionary or I won’t accept it! They’re the only ones who have the credibility to convince me

#104 2 years ago

After all the time and effort Abe put into production of these excellent videos, he should have the right to call it anything he wants!!!

1 week later
    #105 2 years ago

Hey there,
    finally made it! Reached the super Sectret Wizard mode on JP and didn`t even know what was happening
    Especially interesting to see how bad my aim was most of the time, but somehow I survived.
    It was a VERY close and thrilling game.
    Disclaimer: many ski passes in this one, and it starts out with german language and switches back to english

#106 2 years ago

lol, all those ski passes made for an awesome game. Well done.
    I think I might be getting this pin next. I thought I was not going to but the more I look at it, the more I think it is a killer pin.

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

lol, all those ski passes made for an awesome game. Well done.
    I think I might be getting this pin next. I thought I was not going to but the more I look at it, the more I think it is a killer pin.

Highly recommend it!
    The real fun begins if you can hit- and combo the shots, the feeling and flow is great if you can do so.
    The code is awesome IMO, especially the Multiballs, wizard modes and dino capture mechanics with the moving shots.
    But you have to spend some time on it! Also dialing in the machine took me some time, but totally worth it.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

finally made it! Reached the super Sectret Wizard mode on JP

Thank you so much for this video.

Is there a main wizard mode on the game, and this one is just a secret one? Asking for a friend that is interested in buying the game

#109 2 years ago
    Quoted from WizardMod:

Is there a main wizard mode on the game, and this one is just a secret one?

The mode ABE_FLIPS shows above, When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, is the ultimate wizard mode for the game. It provides the highest level of challenge to advance to it.

In terms of a "main" wizard mode, I would probably say that Escape Nublar fits this description. Similar to some other recent Sterns, you can play a version of Escape Nublar directly from the Start button via Escape Nublar Challenge. It is a very cool wizard mode -- one of the best ever, in my opinion.

#110 2 years ago

Thats right, the funny thing is, I thought i have to complete every control- and T-Rex event without draining for "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth", but instead you "only" have to finish all wizard modes without draining:

-Secure control room (complete control room modes)
    -Museum Mayhem (complete T-Rex events)
    -Visitor Center (complete paddocks)
    -Escape Nublar (complete Secure control room, Museum Mayhem and Visitor Center)
    -When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (complete all wizard modes without draining)

Here is everything you need to know:
    http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thats right, the funny thing is, I thought i have to complete every control- and T-Rex event without draining for "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth", but instead you "only" have to finish all wizard modes without draining:

-Secure control room (complete control room modes)
    -Museum Mayhem (complete T-Rex events)
    -Visitor Center (complete paddocks)
    -Escape Nublar (complete Secure control room, Museum Mayhem and Visitor Center)
    -When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (complete all wizard modes without draining)

Here is everything you need to know:
    http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

Escape Nublar: Play Secure Control Room, Museum Mayhem and Visitor Center.
    When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth : Complete Secure Control Room, Museum Mayhem, Visitor Center and Escape Nublar.

#112 2 years ago

Lmao… I’m still ½ way through the paddock and I’m not sure I completed a control room mode. Still love the ski pas and micro-flip. Improved my games exponentially!!

#113 2 years ago

We nearly made it to the nudging video, just a few more weeks...
    In the meanwhile you can watch the latest tutorial. Enjoying the awesome transition effects!

#115 2 years ago

Great job! This is one of my favorite threads on Pinside!

#116 2 years ago

I love how you show everything that can go wrong in addition to how to do it right. Nicely done again!

#117 2 years ago

The one thing i always mean to practice and always get more interested in flipping. Thanks mate, i'll try the one handed approach.

Probs not behind my back, but only one hand on the machine at a time and see how i go.

Truly the next skill i want to gather.

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The one thing i always mean to practice and always get more interested in flipping. Thanks mate, i'll try the one handed approach.
    Probs not behind my back, but only one hand on the machine at a time and see how i go.
    Truly the next skill i want to gather.

TBH I suck at it too and it always feels frustrating... however, weakness in certain aspects is often a good indicator for what you should focus on to improve. Getting out of the Comfort zone

#119 2 years ago

Yes, that is what i try to do, identify my strongest weakness and work on it at length.

T'was the inability to slap save, still don't really slap save, but have developed a similar two handed flick.

Outlane walking is after the dead bounce. I can nudge to save it going into outlanes nowadays most of the time, but can't train myself to do the shimmy rather than the nudge once it gets in there.

#120 2 years ago

Nice, i found that there are different approaches to save balls and its awesome with what people come up with.
    However, in the end everything comes down to tilt sensitivty

#121 2 years ago

Or with new sterns, debounce settings too.

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

People keep saying pinside is such a negative place

Don’t worry about anything. I’ve been finding your videos quite enjoyable. Just ignore any negativity, and keep putting out these great videos.

And I know that’s asking a lot. These take a bunch of work, we can see that. And I appreciate it.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Don’t worry about anything. I’ve been finding your videos quite enjoyable. Just ignore any negativity, and keep putting out these great videos.
    And I know that’s asking a lot. These take a bunch of work, we can see that. And I appreciate it.

DITTO.... I have learned a TON.... i started as just a "bang the flipper" type guy.. I appreciate you work!!!

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or with new sterns, debounce settings too.

True, i remember how they lowered the debounce time with a JP2 update and I hated it

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

True, i remember how they lowered the debounce time with a JP2 update and I hated it

Definitely makes it harder. I set all mine to 750. Allows for big moves to actually give you more than one warning.

#126 2 years ago

Nevermind... googled debounce settings. Now I slightly understand. haha

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Nevermind... googled debounce settings. Now I slightly understand. haha

Stern games build in a delay on when they will let a tilt bob register. Debounce allows a tilt bob to hit the ring like 10 times and only register two of the hits. 90s dmd games register every time the bob hits the ring.

Big moves on sterns are almost impossible to tilt the game. Little jiggly moves can, but the harder you move the game the better on modern sterns unless the debounce is turned down.

#128 2 years ago

Truly great videos ABE_FLIPS Relatively new to the hobby and I’ve been working on the skills. Your videos have been central to my practice routine. Thanks!

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern games build in a delay on when they will let a tilt bob register. Debounce allows a tilt bob to hit the ring like 10 times and only register two of the hits. 90s dmd games register every time the bob hits the ring.
    Big moves on sterns are almost impossible to tilt the game. Little jiggly moves can, but the harder you move the game the better on modern sterns unless the debounce is turned down.

What I read did not explain it that way. Thanks for clarifying Chuck.

#130 2 years ago

Great job on your video tutorials. Really appreciate the work and they are so well done!

1 month later
    #131 2 years ago

Finally its here! The long awaited Nudging video.
    Thanks again to Robert Sutter for all his support!

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Finally its here! The long awaited Nudging video.

All your videos are excellent but this one really takes it up a notch. I have watched as many nudging videos as I could find and this is just so much better than the rest.

The part where you remove the playfield to show how the tilt bob is affected is especially great.

Thank you!

#133 2 years ago

another great vid! thanks Abe

#134 2 years ago

I have still more to come and more ideas in my head I`d love to implement.
    It requires alot of work and energy but the outcome is always worth it, so stay tuned
    Let me know if you have ideas for content or feedback.
    Newcomers are welcome too, I`d love to know what questions you have, if there are any.

cheers

#135 2 years ago

A video talking about and explaining how tournament/league pinball works would be cool. I know it's not instructional, but would be interested

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

A video talking about and explaining how tournament/league pinball works would be cool. I know it's not instructional, but would be interested

Since I have no tournament experience I am the wrong person to ask.
    But you can listen to Tom Grafs, & Travis Muries Podcast. They talk alot about Tournaments, and you get some insight.
    https://www.podbean.com/site/search/index?kdsowie31j4k1jlf913=95501b9812445a8a3984495ea15ab7b08b6ad777&v=Triple+Drain+

#137 2 years ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Since I have no tournament experience I am the wrong person to ask.
    But you can listen to Tom Grafs, & Travis Muries Podcast. They talk alot about Tournaments, and you get some insight.
    https://www.podbean.com/site/search/index?kdsowie31j4k1jlf913=95501b9812445a8a3984495ea15ab7b08b6ad777&v=Triple+Drain+

perfect. been looking for podcasts to listen to at work

thanks

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

perfect. been looking for podcasts to listen to at work
    thanks

In this case TPN (the pinball network) offers alot more for you.

#139 2 years ago

Well shot and edited. Love it.

#140 2 years ago

Great video @abe_flips! One other technique you may want to include in your part 2 video is slapping or banging the side of the cabinet. I see a lot of better players do this quite a bit, particularly on EMs. As you pointed out, side to side nudges have less effect the further up the playfield you go. Slapping the sides of the cabinet closer to the ball can be quite effective.

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Great video ABE_FLIPS! One other technique you may want to include in your part 2 video is slapping or banging the side of the cabinet. I see a lot of better players do this quite a bit, particularly on EMs. As you pointed out, side to side nudges have less effect the further up the playfield you go. Slapping the sides of the cabinet closer to the ball can be quite effective.

Yes, i discovered that too, thanks for the input! I thought thats a very specific technique, so i didn`t include it. (and I have no EMs at home)
    It will not come in part 2, but maybe later in part 3, when I am more experienced too

#143 2 years ago

I am late to this thread but the videos look great! Subscribed, will watch soon.

1 week later
    #144 2 years ago

Your channel is great, thanks for the videos.

Most of what you've shown so far I've seen as a new person who looked up other tip videos. BUT, I have to say the advice in your most recent video to not put your weight on the machine so you can be more agile to nudge was a HUGE improvement to my game immediately. It's not something I've seen mentioned anywhere else and it's saved me from my habit of nudging the exact same all the time.

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Your channel is great, thanks for the videos.
    Most of what you've shown so far I've seen as a new person who looked up other tip videos. BUT, I have to say the advice in your most recent video to not put your weight on the machine so you can be more agile to nudge was a HUGE improvement to my game immediately. It's not something I've seen mentioned anywhere else and it's saved me from my habit of nudging the exact same all the time.

Yep. Its the most important aspect to nudging.

#146 2 years ago

It’s so easy to get lazy and start leaning on the machine. This is a huge outlane saver.

#147 2 years ago

Hey there, its TWIPYs Pre-Voting time!
    https://twipys.com/2021-pre-voting/

Here you have the chance to show your appreciation for free and support your favorite pinball people.

Please vote for ABE FLIPS at "Favorite Youtube Channel"
    More high quality tutorials are planned for 2022 and the second Nudging Video is already in production!

Cheers
    TWIPYs21 (resized).jpgTWIPYs21 (resized).jpg

#148 2 years ago

Done! You were definitely in my top 2 of YT channels of 2021!! Keep it up!

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Done! You were definitely in my top 2 of YT channels of 2021!! Keep it up!

I rember you giving me gameplay advices two years ago as I was asking newbie questions in the forum
    Nice to hear I made it up to your top two, thanks for your support!

cheers

1 month later
    #150 2 years ago

Hello, we made it to the nominees!
    Here is the final voting for the TWIPYs and I would be happy if you support this project: https://twipys.com/2021-twipys-ballot/
    You can find me at page 2 as Favorite Pinball YouTube Channel

More tutorials are on the way for 2022 and Nudging Part 2 will be already out in a few days!
    Thank You all for your support!

cheers

There are 296 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-skills-tutorial-videos/page/3?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.