Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 130 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Thunderbird
  • Topic is favorited by 119 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

skipass (resized).jpg
    001 (resized).png
    Unbenannt01 (resized).png
    Unbenannt02 (resized).png

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 24 days ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Look at his videos. As the flipper hits the base of the flipper, it bounces off that rubber, and if you don’t drop the flipper, it would strike that flipper and not bounce all the way over.

I did look at his video and posted a screenshot which shows the flipper fully raised until after the ball clears it.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

This isn’t even the main point but you guys are trying super hard to latch onto it.

I just thought it was weird that you would call it a dead bounce and wanted to understand your perspective and now I do.

#102 24 days ago

its official.

skipass (resized).jpg
    #103 24 days ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

its official.
    [quoted image]

It better be the Oxford dictionary or I won’t accept it! They’re the only ones who have the credibility to convince me

#104 23 days ago

After all the time and effort Abe put into production of these excellent videos, he should have the right to call it anything he wants!!!

1 week later
    #105 15 days ago

Hey there,
    finally made it! Reached the super Sectret Wizard mode on JP and didn`t even know what was happening
    Especially interesting to see how bad my aim was most of the time, but somehow I survived.
    It was a VERY close and thrilling game.
    Disclaimer: many ski passes in this one, and it starts out with german language and switches back to english

#106 15 days ago

lol, all those ski passes made for an awesome game. Well done.
    I think I might be getting this pin next. I thought I was not going to but the more I look at it, the more I think it is a killer pin.

#107 15 days ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

lol, all those ski passes made for an awesome game. Well done.
    I think I might be getting this pin next. I thought I was not going to but the more I look at it, the more I think it is a killer pin.

Highly recommend it!
    The real fun begins if you can hit- and combo the shots, the feeling and flow is great if you can do so.
    The code is awesome IMO, especially the Multiballs, wizard modes and dino capture mechanics with the moving shots.
    But you have to spend some time on it! Also dialing in the machine took me some time, but totally worth it.

#108 12 days ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

finally made it! Reached the super Sectret Wizard mode on JP

Thank you so much for this video.

Is there a main wizard mode on the game, and this one is just a secret one? Asking for a friend that is interested in buying the game

#109 12 days ago
    Quoted from WizardMod:

Is there a main wizard mode on the game, and this one is just a secret one?

The mode ABE_FLIPS shows above, When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth, is the ultimate wizard mode for the game. It provides the highest level of challenge to advance to it.

In terms of a "main" wizard mode, I would probably say that Escape Nublar fits this description. Similar to some other recent Sterns, you can play a version of Escape Nublar directly from the Start button via Escape Nublar Challenge. It is a very cool wizard mode -- one of the best ever, in my opinion.

#110 11 days ago

Thats right, the funny thing is, I thought i have to complete every control- and T-Rex event without draining for "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth", but instead you "only" have to finish all wizard modes without draining:

-Secure control room (complete control room modes)
    -Museum Mayhem (complete T-Rex events)
    -Visitor Center (complete paddocks)
    -Escape Nublar (complete Secure control room, Museum Mayhem and Visitor Center)
    -When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (complete all wizard modes without draining)

Here is everything you need to know:
    http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

#111 11 days ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thats right, the funny thing is, I thought i have to complete every control- and T-Rex event without draining for "When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth", but instead you "only" have to finish all wizard modes without draining:

-Secure control room (complete control room modes)
    -Museum Mayhem (complete T-Rex events)
    -Visitor Center (complete paddocks)
    -Escape Nublar (complete Secure control room, Museum Mayhem and Visitor Center)
    -When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth (complete all wizard modes without draining)

Here is everything you need to know:
    http://tiltforums.com/t/stern-jurassic-park-rulesheet/5644

Escape Nublar: Play Secure Control Room, Museum Mayhem and Visitor Center.
    When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth : Complete Secure Control Room, Museum Mayhem, Visitor Center and Escape Nublar.

#112 10 days ago

Lmao… I’m still ½ way through the paddock and I’m not sure I completed a control room mode. Still love the ski pas and micro-flip. Improved my games exponentially!!

#113 7 days ago

We nearly made it to the nudging video, just a few more weeks...
    In the meanwhile you can watch the latest tutorial. Enjoying the awesome transition effects!

#114 7 days ago

awesome job Abe!

#115 7 days ago

Great job! This is one of my favorite threads on Pinside!

#116 7 days ago

I love how you show everything that can go wrong in addition to how to do it right. Nicely done again!

#117 7 days ago

The one thing i always mean to practice and always get more interested in flipping. Thanks mate, i'll try the one handed approach.

Probs not behind my back, but only one hand on the machine at a time and see how i go.

Truly the next skill i want to gather.

#118 7 days ago
    Quoted from punkin:

The one thing i always mean to practice and always get more interested in flipping. Thanks mate, i'll try the one handed approach.
    Probs not behind my back, but only one hand on the machine at a time and see how i go.
    Truly the next skill i want to gather.

TBH I suck at it too and it always feels frustrating... however, weakness in certain aspects is often a good indicator for what you should focus on to improve. Getting out of the Comfort zone

#119 7 days ago

Yes, that is what i try to do, identify my strongest weakness and work on it at length.

T'was the inability to slap save, still don't really slap save, but have developed a similar two handed flick.

Outlane walking is after the dead bounce. I can nudge to save it going into outlanes nowadays most of the time, but can't train myself to do the shimmy rather than the nudge once it gets in there.

#120 7 days ago

Nice, i found that there are different approaches to save balls and its awesome with what people come up with.
    However, in the end everything comes down to tilt sensitivty

#121 6 days ago

Or with new sterns, debounce settings too.

#122 6 days ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

People keep saying pinside is such a negative place

Don’t worry about anything. I’ve been finding your videos quite enjoyable. Just ignore any negativity, and keep putting out these great videos.

And I know that’s asking a lot. These take a bunch of work, we can see that. And I appreciate it.

#123 6 days ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Don’t worry about anything. I’ve been finding your videos quite enjoyable. Just ignore any negativity, and keep putting out these great videos.
    And I know that’s asking a lot. These take a bunch of work, we can see that. And I appreciate it.

DITTO.... I have learned a TON.... i started as just a "bang the flipper" type guy.. I appreciate you work!!!

#124 6 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or with new sterns, debounce settings too.

True, i remember how they lowered the debounce time with a JP2 update and I hated it

#125 6 days ago
    Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

True, i remember how they lowered the debounce time with a JP2 update and I hated it

Definitely makes it harder. I set all mine to 750. Allows for big moves to actually give you more than one warning.

#126 3 days ago

Nevermind... googled debounce settings. Now I slightly understand. haha

#127 3 days ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Nevermind... googled debounce settings. Now I slightly understand. haha

Stern games build in a delay on when they will let a tilt bob register. Debounce allows a tilt bob to hit the ring like 10 times and only register two of the hits. 90s dmd games register every time the bob hits the ring.

Big moves on sterns are almost impossible to tilt the game. Little jiggly moves can, but the harder you move the game the better on modern sterns unless the debounce is turned down.

#128 3 days ago

Truly great videos ABE_FLIPS Relatively new to the hobby and I’ve been working on the skills. Your videos have been central to my practice routine. Thanks!

#129 3 days ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern games build in a delay on when they will let a tilt bob register. Debounce allows a tilt bob to hit the ring like 10 times and only register two of the hits. 90s dmd games register every time the bob hits the ring.
    Big moves on sterns are almost impossible to tilt the game. Little jiggly moves can, but the harder you move the game the better on modern sterns unless the debounce is turned down.

What I read did not explain it that way. Thanks for clarifying Chuck.

#130 3 days ago

Great job on your video tutorials. Really appreciate the work and they are so well done!

There are 130 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside