stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#729 6 years ago

Great video as Always SDTM wizards. Solidified my CE purchase granted now you made me anxious to want it NOW! Bravo as always on the honest and detailed presentation!

1 week later
#776 6 years ago

Amazing video. It does seem like we need further elaboration on Tortuga Tom and the Nice tight crop ending......lol I'm sure that was an uncomfortable ride home.

#790 6 years ago

Yet another great video. Just watching it they seem like the kind of guys you just want to have a beer with. (and not punch in the face) You guys Really need to do an unplugged kind of video (off the cuff edited of coarse) maybe a driving go-pro cam (like the American Pickers only the American Pinballers) on your next adventure. lol I am betting the conversations and rhetoric would rival Bill and Teds great adventure.

#823 6 years ago

I agree Especially if "Super Jackpot" is in a boring Font! lol

2 weeks later
#938 6 years ago

Ok what did I miss? From Jack at the show he said they are still on track to ship by summer. How did this now become Fall and August or is that another Pinside tell a friend and add your opinion kind of rumor? Just didn't see JJP make this announcement?

#955 6 years ago

While I So appreciate you both and your honest unbiased commentary and review my wife has asked that you please stop! To date with your informative influence I have purchased an Escalera from Awesome Larry, a POTC CE, 2 Houdini’s, and an Aerosmith. From my wife this must stop now! You are like drug dealers to my addiction! Kidding aside, I Sincerely hope each of the vendors and OEM’s appreciate and acknowledge all you do to inform and influence the Pinball hobby. I value my distributors but always understand their inherent bias in product representation. Keep showing and telling us how it is and I will continue to make educated decisions. Until my wife pulls the Amex anyway. Lol. Buy it or Bone it!

#965 6 years ago

That episode was bumpers and nuts goodness. Another great review and show keep up the great work. Hoping you guys might be at the MGC show in WI next week. Leave the corn and head north for some bone cheese.

3 weeks later
#1098 5 years ago

Its almost time for a Bloopers SMDM cut floor piece. I can only imagine the stuff Zach cut.....lol Would be an entertaining show in itself.

#1113 5 years ago

Another great show and while I agreed with Zachs picks he lost my vote after disclosing getting his eyebrows done. lol Was that after of before your peddy? lolol

#1115 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

As I age, these beautiful eye brows are all I have! Haha

As long as the next segment doesn't cover other personal grooming tips. lol If you still have your Houdini we can help you decorate! Our Houdini Water Torture Mod is now shipping! Don't let him go!!!!!

IMG_1127 (resized).jpgIMG_1127 (resized).jpg

IMG_1117 (resized).jpgIMG_1117 (resized).jpg

#1123 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

That’s what the rainbow is for. It looks beautiful my friend. Hahaha

So basically unicorns and dancing umpa lumpas. I envision a dream like in Happy Gilmore...

#1171 5 years ago

I vote in Batman 66 current code improvements and depth. Though I would prefer it be counted when Lyman actually gets to 1.0 which shouldn't be Much longer.... Plus he uses such Amazing fonts on Batman!

2 weeks later
#1377 5 years ago

Always amazing reviews with an average pin owners perspective. Possibly consider sub catagorizing theme as theme and theme integration and put a huge asterisk to note Personal theme opinion. Lol. Music like religion, sports, politics, will Always be person taste and draw out Many aggressive responses. I like to judge the playability of a title by imagining what If this was Michael Jackson, or Prince, or Rush. Would it still be a great Pinball machine. I like Aerosmith, HATED the pin! Buying a pin solely on theme will often lead to a poor buying decision for Me. Heck after playing Stern Aerosmith I don’t think I like the band anymore. Lol. Really informative review as long as you don’t get consumed by personal preference. Granted we Do have to buy Everything SDTM says cause it is the law!! Lol. Thank you Greg and Zach for an unbiased person review for us to decide our own personal choices. I’m all in on a One shot 2 shot or Loose Yourself Eminem! Lol

#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Pinball mods have officially jumped the shark.

Yes sir. Shark NATO in a bottle! Thanks So much to Zach and Greg. While we knew it would be slightly controversial it was created for the love of the hobby and fun. SDTM as always had fun with it and did an Amazing job. We are excited to now have a place to offer new nd exciting products to come.

#1391 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

The box is amazing!!! I want it for that reason alone. Going to look great on my desk. People should find the humor in this and support the people who try to make pinball better.

Quoted from FalconPunch:

Haha it's not controversial. It's awesome.

Wow, thank you guys for the kind responses! We were shooting for a "pet rock" kind of pinball direction simply showing our love of the hobby but mostly for the really wonderful people and now friends we have met along the way. We aren't looking to build a Channel Cologne empire simply to show our love for the hobby. Its wonderful to me to share a passion like this with my wife and we enjoy this fun together. Pinball for us is a total experience from playing to sharing new ideas. We Sincerely appreciate everyones kindness and support as we do this for fun and to further our enjoyment. The culture of this hobby has deep roots and a diversity of wonderful followers. We are proud to be part of each of your amazingly proud collections. (Or to help you smell great playing!) lol

#1392 5 years ago

We can’t thank the SDTM team enough for the new site promotion and intro of our quirky new product. While created as a bit of a conversation piece we are Overly amazed by the interest we have had from around the world let alone a few Rather impressive named buyers. Clearly Zach and Greg have a broader demographic of followers then we suspected. Thank you both again. The fact that Greg did not spin this as a Tupock rap promotion made us laugh.

#1470 5 years ago

Zach is from Indiana what do you expect. Ketchup on everything to mask the taste. He's more in Corn country. Their idea of fine pizza is Dominos. lol

1 week later
#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Iron Maiden is on its way out unfortunately. Believe it or not, I owned GBPro for a year

Ok curious as I don't recall you mentioning it in the podcast interview. What game did you or Greg own for the longest? A year for Ghostbusters seems like an eternity in your collection. Also, did you always have this drive for something new or was this derived specifically due to your show and fresh content? Curious and nosey minds want to know. Possibly an interesting question (if not already covered) in your show.

#1496 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

check out the Eclectic Gamers Podcast with me as a guest host to find out : ) .....see what I did there?

I did listen to the entire thing. The only criticism I can give them is I found No way to fast forward or rewind. As its 2 hours they are limiting the audience unless I missed how to do it?

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah some of the direct ones are weird about play control. You almost have to slide the bar to go forward and back which is annoying. iTunes is my goto

You are correct, I used the direct feed and that setup only offers play and pause. I will goto iTunes in the future. Great show though! I found the answers to best gaming center surprising yet correct when explained. They definitely have a different show format compared to SDTM.

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

I think it was due to that being a Facebook link. The direct SoundCloud link is here:
https://soundcloud.com/user-465086826/episode-63
SoundCloud is pretty friendly for letting you jump around in audio.

Yep thats how I watched it. Sincerely a great show and the content was really knowledgable. Just not as friendly on the Facebook feed. I will certainly watch more episodes when you have a better guest! lolol Zach is the man.

#1506 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisK:

Can you believe he repeatedly told me how wrong I was? The sheer nerve of some people! But, I guess that's how he got to be a bonafide pinball celebrity.

Yeah, I keep telling him he and Gregs life of champaign yacht lunches and dubbed out cars with PinStadium underglow UV lighting will make them pretentious in time. What can you do, give Indiana folk a spot light and Bam they are on the next episode of Cribs! On a serious note, I like Many sincerely appreciate the shows, podcasts, and entertainment each of you provide. Gets us knuckle heads out of the basement for a few hours of conversation and dialog even if we are just foe listening to people discussing topics of interest. Bravo to all that make this effort your Certainly not doing it to get rich! Thank You.

#1522 5 years ago

Another great show! Really liked the concept idea of sharing pinball groups/gatherings from around the world. It's amazing to me how many underground type pinball communities there are that often are in your own back yard. Great groups of people and pinball enthusiasts. Would be interesting to see not only the game rooms but the groups enjoying them. Look forward to seeing them and hope it grows to be a show segment similar to a Letterman top 10. I do hope Zach can resist the urge to flip Batman again until Lymans final curtain (1.0) is lifted. I as do many suspect this will be one of his legacy creations. Don't worry Zach, there are many that love your values in the show I think the Bone crowd is simply more outspoken and like to promote Boneism is a cult following. He's like the Ying to your Yang, a perfect team. Keep up the Great work!

#1526 5 years ago

No Ketchup! "No Dogs for You!"

HOtdog (resized).jpgHOtdog (resized).jpg
#1560 5 years ago

Really great show as usual. While not easy to master with every title I enjoyed your segments covering the individual game stratagies and features. Really a great walk through to better understand and appreciate a game I have honestly only played a few times. I do hope you will consider this type segment again as you Both did a great job and it was very informative! Now I need to find a JP! dam you! lol

#1566 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Zach - don't worry about the ketchup on a dog. It's ok. Think of it as a mod. You mod your machines, so you can mod your food too. Might make it better for you, but doesn't necessarily add value. But it's ok. ( I don't mod my machines, but I do mod my food. Ketchup on dogs is alright )
Enjoyed episode 63.

That’s not a Mod it’s a mistake and he should be ashamed!!! Lol. Does he put salsa on his frys?

1 week later
#1607 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed there...and basically you can avoid them pretty much to be honest.
I'd like to read aboot the breakdown in metal vs plastic ramps. Everyone hammers me for liking plastic over metal ramps (entries at least not counting habitrails which can be both), but I always have.

Agreed and when does a habitrail count as an awesome ramp like the hyper loop setup on SW Premium. Great show, wish more was defined on the back story of the bone neighbors. Lol. Everyone loves a back story. Let me guess, they had a cookout and they were putting ketchup on everything!

#1615 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'll admit I take it rather personal. Cos of all the crap I took back in the day. But, also I always viewed myself as a defender of the faith... Yes, that is a Priest reference. As I was in high school at a time when heavy metal was at a low ebb and it wasn't cool to like such things. I have an Iron Maiden Hallway where I have currently 5 Iron Maiden flags hanging on the walls, with 4 more waiting to be mounted, and I'd like to add even more. Just need to see how much space I have.
So it'll always be a sore spot for me. Regardless, fun show. Always great to learn about pinball. I'm kicking myself for not playing whitewater while it was at my local pinball arcade... I was playing it for a game, but ball got stuck and so that scuttled the plans... But, I wish I would have played it sooner in the day... Maybe I could have gotten more plays out of it.

Your passion is a good thing just know that what Greg and Zach bring to SDTM is Their passion and opinion. Like in school you didn't let anyone sway what you enjoyed but you didn't need to hate them for their opinion. I will bet the Michael Jackson fans, KISS army fans, disco fans, etc all had a similar torcher throughout HS. You stood true to your passion and belief and your now buying 7K machines to salute your commitment! Bravo to you. If you are looking to play other titles you may have missed there are others like myself not far from you that love to share time in their collection like I do. PM me anytime. FYI, I don't have IM but I do enjoy any kind of music! (Except IM, JK!)

#1624 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Love the stance. If you love something, stand up for it.

I know I’ll be stopping by Mod Couple headquarters the next time I travel north.

Our doors are always open for the SDTM team or anyone that loves this hobby. Granted we don't Do ketchup in our house sorry. We are headed to North amish Indiana this week for the 4th and family. Should be interesting...

FYI, there is a Chicago Portillo's now in Fishers Indiana. Go there and see how food is suppose to taste!

1 week later
#1654 5 years ago

Seriously? Bar toaster oven pizza over Gino's East or Giordano's? I am starting to think Greg is the level headed guy now.... lol Great show as always.

This or that - Chicago beef sandwich or Chicago pizza?
Corn on the cob or a Tamale?
CFTBL or Funhouse

And FYI chili is more of a stew not soup! lol Chilly with noddles is Chill-Mac!

#1702 5 years ago

Asside from the hurtful pizzagate negativity from Zach what an amazing show. Also nice to see both your appreciation of family as a priority with your mini guest. Pinball is fun but family is priceless. We sent you and Mr Bone a mod package to share (hopefully) with family. You guys truly share a passion which is appreciated and honest. Keep up doing what you love and thanks for sharing!

#1705 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Edit- The Law is a distant cousin to the SDTM fam though haha.

Too funny. Not sure how to read that though as Cousins in Indiana are typically closer than wives....

1 week later
#1727 5 years ago

Another great and spot on show. WOZ is the go to pin when company comes over. Most seem less intimidated by it compared to looking at say CFTBL. Great episode even with the slams on poor Zach. He has feelings guys...... lol Bet he's at the salon getting his eyebrows waxed with a double pedi while he tells his beautician how mean you guys are! lol (Beautician, "No Zach, you Are pretty!" "now how about that Brazilian wax!") lol Show Idea, let Greg do your beauty treatment!

#1735 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Couldn’t you have went to bed before posting that snapshot?

She’s a stylist, not a beautician let’s get that straight right from the gate. Also everyone should know that The Mod Couple kindly sent Greg and I some good ole Chicago deep dish pizzas which were so much appreciate. The family and I dove into ours last night and it was great. Thanks Mod Couple!!!
P.S. Greg is not coming anywhere near this face.

Great idea and I accept the challenge. Greg on the other hand, is soft and scared of competition vs. yours truly.

Anytime. We appreciate what you guys do! Plus you need to remember what Good pizza tastes like! lol

#1742 5 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

This or that.
Zach's Face or Zach's voice.

That there is Dam funny and it Better be covered on the show! lolol

#1752 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Oh no Toto - we must have landed in Indiana.
I'm with Greg - Zach as Dorthy is super creepy.

Not as creepy as Zach as Toto!

#1759 5 years ago

Or maybe he secretly has a crush on you! Probably Greg though. lol

#1789 5 years ago

For clarity can anyone name a game that came out in the last 2 years or since there show started that could be defined as "Sucks"? Yes some lacked in art, theme, music, code, etc but since we have so little to choose from has there Really been a game that deserved a flat out "this sucks and it was not worth the box it came in" view? Lets say there was, SDTM or any reviewer would be totally off assuming that Had to be the feeling everyone would have and it must be right. In my opinion (not worth much) the primary value of this show is 2 friends sharing their opinions on the strengths and weaknesses of a product from their view and tastes. Nothing wrong with that unless you incorrectly watch this show as a "tell me what I should buy" type of thing. Yes they could be hard up dicks going for a pass/fail type review but I think that would offend more than it would help and that adds little to no value. I personally love the overly honest dialog of not only the games but even their personal lives. Last weeks episode where Greg called out his child as "not the artistic one" made me piss myself. If thats not unbiased Nothing is. lol

#1791 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Haha except people should actually listen to me as fact because thats kinda what it is, right? Haha. You have to take us seriously, we shoot promo cologne commercials I mean cmon. And sadly, it was me who was ripping on Greg’s daughter’s artistic ability. The Bone’s are my second family.
Stay tuned we are trying to find a way for viewers to submit their machine reviews.

That actually would be genius way to level any form of bias. You have a simple format grading system for each machine/product, simply use this thread to recruit a volunteer that Has access to or has tested the product and include that in your grade scale as the level. As this individual will have No vested interest in pleasing and is relatively nameless I suspect that would satisfy the results with a third datum point. Interesting consideration.

#1818 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Also, sneak peek:
Greg and I will be doing a seminar at the new Chicago Pinball Expo coming up and you will have a chance to be part off the show and win some cool stuff. Jeff from This Week In Pinball will join us as well for TWIPYs talk and the historyqnd working behind TWIP. Please please please come out to it. More details soon!

Excellent news! I envision a rocky horror picture show type vibe lol. We need a peewee secret word for the audience to yell out. Lolol

#1848 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey Greg, whatda say we review my Restored Fathom soon? [quoted image]

Do it Fast Greg, that machine like most at Zaks house won't hang around more than 4 days....lol Impressive looking machine. I will keep an eye out when that hits the auction block!

#1861 5 years ago

Greg and SDTM thanks for introducing us to this amazing place! Tony seems like a straight up great guy and that place is incredible. Absolutely going to stop in and support them anytime I head south. Glad to see and meet people so supportive of the hobby and their community. Thanks.

Total side note. Curious what you two goof balls are going to do for the upcoming Episode #69 lol Like to suggest a segment on the sexiest backglasses, games, callouts, etc to fit the theme.... lol

#1871 5 years ago

Very creative! That will be a good review.

#1879 5 years ago

Ahh love it. A Pole for your #69 show coming. I see the pieces coming together nicely. lol Let me guess the next topic is rubbers and cleaver uses for pinball rubber rings..... lol

#1904 5 years ago

Another great episode thanks! So looking forward to this game. Had Flippen out awesome Larry on speed dial the minute it was announced. He is the Man. You should consider having him come on your show he's an interesting character like you both. Thanks again for a great game tease.

#1915 5 years ago

Fate. How else do you explain these three threads lining up in order. OK I'm bored tonight....lol

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 9.58.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-12 at 9.58.31 PM (resized).png
#1979 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

The sad thing is the art is good, the layout is good, even the rules seem good. But it feels like they tried to overstimulate with sounds, callouts, and music. It just seemed irritating after a while. Sometimes less is more. But, Deadpool the character is supposed to be annoying, so I guess they nailed the theme!

Did seem like they made it clear several times the Primary call outs (Breaking the 4th wall) have not even been implemented yet nor shown. Which I think is why the game kept cutting back to the game room screen for filler. Add the custom pinball call outs and 4th wall breaks pinball related and I think the video code will flow Much smoother. There is a reason George kept jumping in to remind everyone that these primary pieces were not there. He knew those elements are what tied the animations together. Could be wrong but I think there are many pieces to go. Stern has never been known to release all or much of the code at release.....

#1987 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

@Yellobird, even with more callouts and 4th wall, I fear it would make this game even more annoying. They went with kiddie Deadpool instead of adult smartass like in the better comics and the movies. Deadpool is an A-hole who doesn't care who knows it. Plus, I thought we were done with "just wait for future code". Same old Stern. Looks like IMDN was a one-off for completed code at launch.

Agreed but comparing it to Batman they are 100 miles further at the start. What was presented as the comic side looked strong to me. My Guess is the 4th wall break and taunting as they mentioned is where less Kiddie cute will be used. Doubt they would have Lil Deadpool swaping slang. I suspect thats where they are using the 4th wall content and why George kept jumping in to remind that Its Not in there but coming. Could again be wrong but with as amazing as this game is I doubt Stern didn't do there home work on the character of this theme and what makes this character unique. Granted If your waiting on the game dropping the F Bomb repeatedly like an 8th grader I doubt they will go that cheap route. Just a guess.

#1991 5 years ago

Looking for negatives.... The only thing that seemed off was how a few missing (Pro) components can drastically change gameplay and form factor. Similar to Star Wars. Personally (Just my opinion!!) I hated Star Wars Pro until I played a premium. Having that right drop ramp missing really changed the loop shots and flow on DP Pro. Seemed like it went back into the shooter lane at times? Or just dead ended. Same goes for the stand ups vs the drop targets. Just seemed like they were less strategic to shoot at and pretty much make the grouping in one pass. The Disco mode, sorry, no ball the mode is just a thought. With the disco ball effect I suspect that will be a very cool mode similar to AFM strobe multiball. Again just an opinion and NOT banging on Pros or Pro buyers. Just seems like this game was designed and coded for ALL of the features so missing some will be a shortcoming. Time will tell.

#2007 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it was weird how the ball would come down the right side of the game and feed the shooter lane. Made for some good combo shots to the lock shot though. Man was that smooth.
Really love the colossus loop and the wolverine bank shot. Can’t wait to shoot this. And that left ramp is almost instantly back to the left flipper.

lol and I'll be watching your stream to show me how to play it! Or how I should have played it anyway...

#2012 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Alright. I'm going to say it. Stern What the hell! Game looks good but what is the deal with Mr. Danger? Did he really have to wear some tight ass spandex costume? That was not the reveal I was expecting! Some people may be into that stuff but not me. I will wait for the professionals at SDTM to do a proper review of the game. Zach would never dress so promiscuous.

I think Zach saves that costume for play time with the Misses. (Not Gregs mom!)

#2057 5 years ago

Hate to stop the thread but on a recent trip through Evansville with my family I lost a $100 bill in a parking lot. If anyone finds it we would greatly appreciate you letting us know so we can feed our kids. Thanks so much....

#2061 5 years ago

Honestly another really great show. May need to change my vote as Greg was unusually out of his shell out on it today. Still team Zach but he is starting to open up so watch out. Loving the air quotes and Really look forward to seeing your new refreshing take at Expo this year. Less stuffy and more fun all good. Definitely one of your best episodes and always getting better. Thanks!

#2073 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Don’t do it. Candy Land is the worst board game ever created.

Your just upset cause you never win the game. You need to be the Chocolate swirl to win! Lol

#2110 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Found it. Ok let's have a look shall we? ....
Greg's Reviews - I pretty much agree with his final results, which is why I was vote #10 for him. I would challenge him to replay and then review JPLW and SWLE again.
Zach's Reviews - I see these as legit picks. Hurry up with the deadpool gameplay and review please.
[quoted image]

Based on that chart I am full on team Greg. From Zach's list I find it Very hard to even remotely think Houdini is better than Any of the titles down that list excluding possibly Rob Zombie and Black Rose. I demand a recount and retest now that the bromance visit at API is past. lol

1 week later
#2357 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol, I was trying to have a fun bet as I point out your pretty big exclamation that once readily available they are going to be selling for 33% less on the secondary. All games drop, but few drop that much. You made an exclamatory statement combined with saying why you dont like the game. I just think you are way off.
This is not a 3rd grade bet. That would end up in you licking the frozen flag pole on recess.
This is for a fun time. You lose and you end up drinking some good spirits and playing some classics while I show you why I like them and what you are missing. I guess the punishment is you have to hang out with me for a few hours, lol.
sometimes bets can be fun and a $50 bottle of booze among guys that spend 6k on pinball machines is not very much in my world of having some fun with it all.
If you change you mind, bet is still open

As one of Zach’s top pics (it must be gold) would you take that bet with me on 5k (plus/minus 500) Houdini’s in less than 12 months?? Lol. I enjoy a good drink and meeting interesting characters. You sir are actually interesting.

#2359 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think you just want to get drunk and play pinball with me that is cool to

you figured me out. Lol. Trust me they are already selling under 6 off Pinside. Sold one last week for 6 with 600 in mods so I figure it was a safe bet for a free drink lol. The 6 near me already left Illinois to second owners in under 4 months. Win or loose if your at Expo you sir will get drinks on me. You fight for what you believe in and that can’t be all bad.

#2361 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

unfortunately wont be at expo by the looks of it (after all the drama we made other plans for that time and are sitting a year out), but we can hit up another show on the flipside

Anytime. Headed to Mequan tomorrow to beat on Lawnboys machines for some Friday fun.

#2387 5 years ago

Absolutely a first and kick ass as usual video. That’s how you get your Boom on! Funny as I suspect minutes later he probably had to pack it up again to move it back to the game room. SDTM is willing to make any effort to entertain its viewers. Lol.

#2458 5 years ago

Great show no surprise. Awesome. This or That show consideration. How about a more aggressive spin segment of that show with a F#$@, Marry, Kill themed for pinball: (similar to the Stern show)

F#%@ = Play and flip
Marry = Must keep in collection
Kill = Hauled to curb and smashed

You Must pick one for each category!
CV - Houdini - SWpre
TNA - Deadpool - CFTBL
POTCjjp - DI - IJ

#2465 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Instead of both - perhaps flip a coin if they are that close. Or just go with Hobbit - that is the right answer.
Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am talking about - I haven't played Houdini....

Agreed not even a Question if you've played both. Hobbit wins in Every category. For me I would take a Hobbit over Houdini and 2K plus a back rub.

1 week later
#2545 5 years ago

Great show SDTM crew and the additions of wall break commentary were probably an editing nightmare the result was priceless. So many laughs to make an ordinary review fresh and fun. Also like the extended and detailed game walk through with explanation of shots and strategy. Really helpful and done with a newb like me in mind. Hope you continue this walk through strategy especially when POTC arrives. Our DP LE arrives Monday so if you and Greg need a stop off local to Expo to beat on an LE our doors are open free beverages, pizza, and Chicago style (no Ketchup) dogs. Great show as always, play safe #MylarUp!

#2548 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Love all of this and Greg and I may take you up on that my friend. And always Mylar Up, you don’t know where that pin’s been! Haha

True that! We always MylarUp and bulb condoms for added protection. Thanks to #FlippenLarry games are rolling in at a blistering pace. Love that man! POTC LE should also be here. Not to mention our newest arrival #HEP TZ masterpiece! Good food, great wine, and the smell of NIB cologne in the air doors always open.

#2596 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Man we are considering this. We started low budget with no need for support. Now that we spent hours traveling, producing, and editing, we seek support through shirt sales and private donations (PayPal [email protected]) and sponsorships. Everyone has been great and we hate asking for support, but as content becomes more costly and time-consuming, every bit helps. SDTM wants to give back to the community a regular, visual, informative, and most importantly, an entertaining pinball show.
We have thoughts about opening up Patreon and members receiving bonus videos, behind the scenes film, choosing new segments or topics or reviews, and/or being part of the Official SDTM team with recognition in our videos. We have hesitated because we are not sure how you all will respond to it and if it would be welcomed.
What’s everyone think?
Thank you Panzer, we always appreciate your support and continued efforts to grow pinball.

The Mod Couple is In on Patreon if you start it no question. Best investment to support talent no doubt.

#2645 5 years ago

Great episode Greg does know the game well and certainly knows how to Slap the crap out of it to show it who its daddy is! lol

#2691 5 years ago

I have Hopes that Stern at the very least mimics the mode continuation option similar to how they did it in Batman 66 for Deadpool. Defeat the villain or continue the fight for additional scenes and bonus. With that at least they can extend the depth of the modes and somewhat minimize the redundancy. Just a hope...

#2714 5 years ago

Played 25 games of DPLE and want to put on another 50 before I firm my opinion. LE is a beauty but it doesn’t surpass the other two versions which use the same playfield, so I like the pro best. There are a lot of mechanical issues and considerations, to the point I may pass on buying this game. Clunkier than Alien or Houdini (I don’t personally think either are clunky)
Art A+
Theme A
Display / Video A
Rules B+
Toys/Features B
Fun /Lastability B
Layout B-
Ball trap exiting left top rollover can be easily adjusted.
Snikt shot was hard to make it up the mini ramp and I made none.
Left wolverine deadend clunks around and didn’t register half the time.
Right ramp shot is clunky. An exact path works fine, while everything else bounce around and does not make ramp.
Slower shot around left orbit didn’t make it up the drop ramp.
Sound (speech) B-
Probably needs 3x the number of speech callouts to keep from getting old.
Overall B
Hope to get some more time on one soon to see if the negatives are overblown.

You lost me when you said it was clunkier then Houdini? The definition of clunky in my book.

1 week later
#2799 5 years ago

Priceless. Nothing like a good bitch slap to know who your friends are lol. Great video please bring lots of those new shirts to Expo for sale!

1 week later
#2818 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That was a great stream and you guys are awesome. Here is the exact moment 34:20 (link below) Orion's Belt gets pushed hard on the Super Skill Shot then immediately followed up by the impressive part of Disco Mode that Zach is referring to.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

And a close up of Chucks face when it goes off. Lol

22A4DE09-8176-488E-9E2C-AABE06E47A1C (resized).png22A4DE09-8176-488E-9E2C-AABE06E47A1C (resized).png
1 week later
#2913 5 years ago

Another great video and SDTM did a Great job at the seminar live uncut show. Seminars tend to be slow and dry but you guys managed to keep it fun. Great work. Liked the F, Marry, Kill segment really made you make some firm decisions. Had a great time meeting you both and wish you continued success for many years to come. Can't wait for your Deeproot Jpop interviews next year in TX. lol.....

#2949 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Would you buy the multicade again? I’m in the market for a MAME machine.

Just picked this up for my son and the house. 14,000 games from arcade to console for minimal cost and a Lot less space then our previous mega mame took up. The screen resolution is spot on clear. We like it.

IMG_1206 (resized).jpgIMG_1206 (resized).jpgIMG_1207 (resized).jpgIMG_1207 (resized).jpg
#2963 5 years ago

Can we guess that’s Ketchup all over your face? Great show and spot on with the MB review.

2 weeks later
#3111 5 years ago

1 TZ
2 POTC JJP
3 CFTBL
4 Fathom/Embryon tie
5 IJ Williams

#3114 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Some widebody love!

Yep love me some wide ladies plus I figure if I have 4 of them I technically get 1 game for free! lol

#3123 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Mutual respect here as well but going to agree to disagree I guess. Trying to compare selling of already produced machines based on their quality to this gutless cash grab reskin is far fetched (won't even spend the time to detail why - just don't care to) and using an IP itself (not the game) to justify the price is just something I will never support. This is coming from a stern supporter in general.
I mentioned lighting it on fire was over the top so don't take everything I say so serious! haha

NOT trying to get in the middle of this disagreement but I have a general question. I keep hearing this "reskinned" excuse for lack of value? Not again defending Stern or this title but Other than the general layout how many parts were Actually reused from Seawitch?? A few similar screws? I would bet 95% of this game and its mechs are of new design and creation. Its not like they simply pulled out some NOS Seawitch games and added a new decal. Yes I would have been upset IF this Was a Seawitch non licensed Vault at this price but Seriously does Anyone think a Beatles license would be cheap or that they simply pulled this game off a shelf? I too want a Rolex but my budget is fine without the fancy name to just buy a Citizen even though it Looks like a reskin.

#3158 5 years ago

I must say I was surprised FunHouse didn't even make your honorable mention list.

#3168 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Proud of my buddy Greg Bone. He was Dylan McDermott’s double and stand-in for the new film The Clovehitch Killer which opens TODAY in select theaters and online. Go check it out![quoted image]

Congrats. For episode 70 ask him to wear this costume!

#3176 5 years ago

Always been curious. Is Greg involved or knowledged of your final show edits or does he see your final views as we do. Lol

1 week later
#3226 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Fun topic guys. It's really interesting to think about exactly what elements in one game make it a more complete "world under glass" than another game.
I think a lot of people focus on playfield "toys" or molded pieces that try to evoke a 3D representation of the theme such as IJ's ruins + Idol + planes, WW mountains, ramps, and Bigfoot, etc.
In my own collecting experience I've kind of gone from being drawn to the 90's B/W games with lots of this type of stuff to where sometimes now I find it a bit off-putting for some reason.
For example, the new JJPPOTC game is by all measures and amazing achievment in this regard, but the game just leaves me flat. The molded rocking ship is cool for sure, but then I notice the slingshot plastics look (frankly) terrible.
So I kind of have a love/hate relationship with this stuff now. I actually dislike figurines on the playfield a lot but went ahead and upgraded the ones on my IMDN LE since it already had them and the ones it came with were pretty middling. I even thought about just installing the flat plastics instead at one point.
I guess what I'm saying is that sometime's I feel like this stuff is like putting custom Ferrari body-molding on a Fiero.
[quoted image]
...it can really cheapen the feel of a game.
I'm gaining a new appreciation for the simplicity and often beauty of an EM or SS game with amazing art and subtle lighting that keep it classy and use the artwork and lighting to present a more artisitic & timeless presentation vs. something that looks like a cheap dollar store toy.
There's a fine line between "World Under Glass" and cheezball.

Not a fair comparison with that Ferriero, it needs PinStadium under carriage lighting with UV glow to look cool! Lol

#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

Wait.. you STILL don’t have POTC? Wtf? I think Jack may be trolling you.

They are just saving the Best for last. JJP Pirates is an absolute masterpiece and Zach better judge accordingly or we are jumping ship to team Bone! (figuratively jumping on the bone!)

#3319 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Well guys a new day brings new post!
So a question. Like my Simpsons a lot but just don’t play it much. What other pin would be worth getting ride of it for? Same value. Or minus a little. Was thinking Munsters???? Not sure I want 3 spike games though

You might consider BONE Busters? lol

#3416 5 years ago

Another great episode. Truth be told I was team Greg until Stargate.... I agree with Zach though I think POTC JJP will certainly break in high on that list as they nailed Every aspect of a perfect pin. Also, you're correct evaluation on the LOTR art made me imagine the ULTIMATE mod. If Franchi could Ever be convinced to do a custom commission to redo that LOTR playfield for paying clients that game would be Priceless! Get on it team Zach!

#3433 5 years ago

Part of the issue not with this program but lists like this is 1) they are personal and 2) they are ever changing as there are So many undiscovered pins still out there for me at least. Not too long ago I had the opportunity to play a Fathom and an Embryon. Would Never have seen them as fun nor a buy until I played them and Wow! I get it. Yes the new technology pins and code are amazing and fun but don't be afraid to look/try new things beyond the Pinside top 20 (heck top 100) list for amazingly fun and beautiful games. Disclaimer advise, Don't Wait to try undiscovered jewels as it will cost you deeply! lol Yes I now have my Embryon and Fathom is in route.....

#3473 5 years ago

Captain we need more rum! Another stellar unveil unboxing. A presentation fitting of such a fine machine job well done. Congrats to you and of Coarse Eric, Keith, Joe, and the entire JJP team fricken Awesome. We are in love with this game and very much look forward to your in-depth review.

#3520 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I heard that the next show Zach and Greg are going to have a drinking contest to see who can drink who under the table.

I’m team Greg for that challenge if we are taking wagers.

#3531 5 years ago

Your the man Zach! Just ordered a Jack Sparrow replacement looks Awesome and low cost thanks! Been wanting to do this but with so many options out there seeing a finished concept is much easier. Note a drop of super glue gel in the articulating joints will keep him positioned permanently for the "spin" and reasonably balanced. Thanks again for sharing this creation, very much look forward to your review of the 2018 TWIPY game of the year.....

#3534 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Needs googly eyes to give him that punch drunk look after all the spinning (and the rum).

So your saying he needs to look like Zach in that unboxing video?

#3555 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It was bad man, eyes swollen shut at first. Makes me timid about picking up dirty machines now.

You should Never pick them up! You should call me and I will get them away from your house safely!! We are here to help!

#3561 5 years ago

Ok, the comment from Greg "No, thats the shocker" almost made me piss myself. TOO funny. Another great show.

1 week later
#3601 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah he’s diggin it a lot. Could barely get him off of it at my house when recording on Saturday.

Ahhhh a hint that the SDTM team is gearing up for a Pirates Re-review!!! Arghhhhhhh. Looking forward to it. Happy holidays to you both and especially your family for sharing your valuable time with us throughout the year to entertain and educate us.

1 week later
#3633 5 years ago

Can it be a team Greg or team Zach vote or do we have to vote you as a team? lol

2 weeks later
#3678 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Big News!!! Help a guy out

Congratulations to you and your lovely wife. No easy task filling the shoes of Larry and Donna but if anyone will be able to do so with Continued honesty and Professionalism it will be you! Larry will be missed and wish for them wonderful adventures together. Flippen Out Pinball will continue strong and we look forward to a continued business and friendship relationship for many years to come. Side note, does this mean we will be getting corn based moonshine for future sale?? Best to you Both!!!

The Mod Couple
Dave and Darcy

#3703 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I called Flip N Out pinball this morning to get Escalera pricing and got to speak with the man himself, Zach. Could not be happier with our conversation, and I think the approach they are taking with SDTM is perfect. I'm excited to see their continued videos and streams, and also happy to say that Zach comes across on the phone as the exact same type of what you see is what you get average Joe guy as you see on SDTM, and that is truly refreshing. I'll be ordering an Escalera from him very soon!

Thats where my business is going! FYI, get the Longer (66) Escalera if you get one and make sure to get the large wheel kit. I did the shorter one and wish I went with the other. Just much easier to control on stairs with the longer load triangle.

#3706 5 years ago
Quoted from in2kiss:

I really enjoy SDTM's videos. I just hope recent developments don't affect the show's ability to be objective. Especially when reviewing new games.
Best of luck to you Zach!

Huge fan myself and highly doubt much will change keeping in mind they have always presented Their enjoyment of a game not necessarily any recommendations on buy or not to buy. Add to that most of their show sponsors never minded the honest opinions and that never lost them any credibility with supporters. Plus they have shown their credibility/honesty is not for sale like it or not.

#3714 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Honestly I'm just glad that Indiana is finally going to be selling something besides corn, watermelon, cantelopes, John Deere tractors, and Red Man chewing tobacco.

And let us Not forget that ridiculous game they push on everyone Corn Holing! Its called horse shoes for drinkers!

#3719 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Those Indiana boys take corn holing very serious I've heard.

Thats only cause most of them are related!! Best watch my statements, I am counting on continued awesome business with Flippen Out Pinball! My Munsters LE might be just a box of corn husks when it arrives....

#3723 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All joking aside i heard that if you buy an LE that Zach will throw in a free John Deere hat and a pack of Red Man with it.

Hmmm, sounds different then the deal I got? He said I would get a picture of a Red man wearing a John Deere hat? I assumed he meant Bublehead?

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 11.18.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-01-21 at 11.18.41 PM (resized).png
#3740 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The key to being successful in business is simple. Be honest and trustworthy and dont lie to people or bullshit them. Everything else will fall into place on its own if you are that type of person. There’s no doubt in my mind that Zach will be all of those things and be very successful in this business.

And a hat and Red Man go a long way also....

#3748 5 years ago

Greg in a Mullet. Only an Indiana Merman could pull that off. That picture looks like Merman meets Michael Jackson. lol

#3751 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Ok zmeny , don’t want you to feel left out. You could be a merman too.[quoted image]

Yikes! Blue man group is calling...

#3758 5 years ago

Just a though Zach but as Flippen Out Pinball is the winning team maybe consider this photo for the back of your shirts!!!

123 (resized).jpg123 (resized).jpg
#3764 5 years ago

Congrats Mr Bone on your awesome new addition! Love the kids great to see them enjoying your moment. Shoot me a PM so I can get you some New mods for your New Munsters!

#3767 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Congrats on your new game Greg, Munsters is awesome! Munsters is easily one of the best looking pinball machines ever created. I give the video an A+ because all Munsters unboxing videos get an A+ from me!
Cant wait for your guys review of this game....please hurry!

I will guess this is going to be a tough review this time as this is Gregs first virgin NIB game so he's punch drunk in love and now that Zach is officially an OEM ambassador it should be interesting. I Know it will be honest though that I have no doubt!

#3770 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet Greg will give it higher than a B-

Fact. I would take the over on that bet. B+ or a Possible A- to win Franchi over to his side lol.

#3772 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Everybody wants to be friends with Chris Franchi after this Munsters masterpiece that he just created!

All hype aside Much credit has to go to the Picasso of paint Franchi. What he has done for this game like BM66 is beyond words. A sincerely nice guy and his talent puts Stern games light years ahead of where they were in the past. I am So pleased to see art appreciated and recognized again in Pinball as it once was. I can honestly just stare at his work for hours looking at every detail he created. You are the best, Thank You!

#3774 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I 100% agree with you. Umm....hello Greg, get your butt on here and tell us how you are liking your new game please? You dont have to keep it a secret until you make a review. Go to the Munsters thread and tell everyone how you feel so far!

You don't want to get him in trouble with the Boss do you?? If Zach fired him what would he do he has to wait!!

#3780 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

What was decided on the washers?

Just my opinion but I never use the washers they provide on NIB. I suspect they put those on in packing because without the legs there are not enough threads on the bolts to fully seat them for shipping. So instead of messing up the corner bracket threads they shim the bolts with washers. Thats my guess.

#3785 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

You both need to do game room tours, looks like a pretty sweet set up.
Congrats on the game!

lol. Cribs, SDTM lifestyles of the mega celebrity pinball stars. Perimeter ceiling PinStadium lighting and Crystal Champaign fountains Bone style.

#3789 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Where is Bone at?? He is suppose to give us his thoughts on Munsters!

My guess based on his unboxing video he is dry humping the cabinet art and occupied. lol More so I am hoping while pinball is important he seems like a Really dedicated father and he's probably taking the weekend for family time. (or he's at Zachs mom's house who knows)

#3808 5 years ago

I agree. Very expected

But what did you think of your distributor? Seems like you couldn't get him out of your house! lol You would have thought he would have at least dusted off that box knowing you have germ issues. Hard to find good help some days...

#3811 5 years ago

Thanks! The only thing I’m good at is being honest lol!

Super disappointed! I expected a clean box and in and out service for such a reputable dealer!!!!!
All in all I guess I give him an A

An "A"!!!! Holly wow Batman that's a Bone first he must be Spectacular! Glad he was my Munsters dealer (Pin pusher) and future purchase seller. As a side note your daughter has some real talent. Might give Franchi a run for his money some day congrats.

#3819 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks Zach, no need to apologize. What's the best place for the RSS audio only?

He should apologize! I personally would email Greg and let him know Zach is slacking on the job and Hope he doesn't get fired! Jhhhsh, open a new pinball distributorship and the slacking begins!! lol

#3823 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zach what the hell were you doing in Ohio today? Please tell me that the older lady that you had with you wasnt Gregs mom?? Sick little b@stard! The I love Pizza King sticker gave you away![quoted image]

You would know if it's Zach's car as it has Pinstadium UV lighting in the wheel wells and undercarriage. PS addition. lol

#3835 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The one thing holding me back on a SW Prem is that I hear the Death Star fork shot can be “inconsistent” due to the design. Is there a way to adjust it?

SW (premium, LE) is absolutely great. Love it personally. A few had issues with the fork but not to difficult to adjust like most things pinball.

#3843 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

They didn't invent "this or that" it's been around forever. See also, "would you rather".

Or my personal favorite, "F, Marry, Kill" lol

1 week later
#3859 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Zach - any update on your pirates experience? I know it was a long road to get one but it's been crickets since then. let us know...

Agreed! This game Deserves a full on SDTM detailed review and game play challenge. Greg against Zach both wearing eye patches and the looser gets pegged. I mean plundered....

#3873 5 years ago

Must say I didn't think SDTM format could get better but Bam you did it. Love the new format and grading system. Greatly adds multiple views and allows many of us the opportunity to evaluate game interest on players with similar interest. I will say for a fact, I give Greg a Huge thumbs up for really stepping up his input and enthusiasm. Never a bad thing and comes across completely honest and unscripted. Huge plus thanks. With that said, after watching this and Gregs honest excitement on that Pro I instantly called Flip N Out Zach and placed an order for a Munsters Pro. Credit for sale goes to Greg, thank you!

#3916 5 years ago

There will always be an argument if we are biased or unbiased.
I do have to say that I do take some offense to this review being called and infomercial. I think if our mind set was that of an infomercial I would have been a bit more positive. Also we certainly wouldn’t have agreed to let two other people give there honest opinions of the game. Or we would have refrained from airing some of the more negative strong comments by both of them. My review was as honest as I could be with it. I’m not certain what subtle hints I gave to suggest other wise. As pertaining to Deadpool the only thing that gave DP a higher cumulative was it’s toys and innovation because of the sword lock and the theme. Munsters beat it in almost every other category!
We have done a ton of reviews prior to zach taking on flip n out. Some good some bad. We just gave a rave review of Godzilla. A game neither Zach nor I have stake in. We will soon be reviewing Alice Cooper both actually like it. By these standards we should crap on it because Spooky is competition that We have no stake in!
Zach had a Deadpool that he didn’t talk great about at all. He did this before he put it up for sale. There was no hesitation.
He just currently talked in market trends how DI is trending down and he is currently trying to get rid of it.
Whether people believe us or not our integrity on this show comes first. I will never be bought and paid for. I do respect your opinion and I know your a massive fan of the show so no hard feelings at all. I just disagree with the perception.

Yeah, it's not like Zach had your mom hostage for a good review. Or did he...... The conspiracy grows!!!

1 week later
#3950 5 years ago

Ha ha I’m going to have to watch for those!!!!!

You have to drink more wine to see these things. Try some Bordeaux next time you’ll see it clear as day!

#3970 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Unboxing Oktoberfest Pinball Machine

Great first look. Kind of laughed Zach dead lifting the game and balancing it on a make shift crate with his Premium Escalera fork lift sitting next to it. lol Look forward to giving the game a try at TPF.

#3975 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Zach,
You need to continue the Potc unboxing tradition of
1). Headband and tube socks
2). Make it a drinking game. Oktoberfest would obviously have been several Steins of beer!

Yeah, seeing Zach and Greg in Lederhosen would Surely sell more games. Not lol. Plus Zach downing steins of Pepsi and eating Brats with Ketchup might be odd...

oktoberfest-costume-lederhosen-bavarian-octoberfest (resized).jpgoktoberfest-costume-lederhosen-bavarian-octoberfest (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#4009 5 years ago

Come on now we need some SDTM content! How long can you two spend polishing that trophy? Lol. Missing the banter, need to know what’s happening with Greg’s neighbor, some mom slaps, a show recap review. Don’t go all celebrity on us we Need this man! Lol. Congrats on a well deserved industry acknowledgement.

#4030 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm happy for Zach but I miss the good ol sdtm format. I not interested in any of the stuff they post anymore. Play a game, explain a bit, rate it and share your opinions. Pumping sdtm sponsors and repair tips/stories is all I see now. That's fine but there a so many of those already. Zach and Greg had that rare chemistry working for them.

Seems like the only thing that has changed is that they have expanded in Many new ways to provide even More support, pinball info, and mayhem. All good things change to become Great things. Change can be good and I suspect we will all benefit from the new directions they are taking us. I suspect with all the shows and life in general they simply had to prioritize. No worries.

#4048 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Greg and I enjoy filming and production that’s all. No training just a bunch of work and communication.

Granted the girls gone wild videos back in college probably helped refine your skills. Kidding aside, JJP should be Extremely grateful for the amazing work you did on their production and marketing. Especially the unveil video which was the highlight of the evening. Mad skills you have no question. Professional feel giving pinball a touch of class. Great work!

#4054 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You did totally pull out the yeah yeah yeah. I thought you were related to me haha. It was great hanging out with ya buddy.

Tell me He's not the one that Stole my Beatles game!!!! Bum lol

#4060 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

What ? I even told Zach where to buy the best Weiners and Brats on the planet ! Usingers, just blocks from MGC.
Next year Zach is going to make sure he has a cooler and go home with it filled.
Zach and I had a good time. It could have been a STDM episode. No foolin. All we maybe needed was to have Greg there to make his usual faces.

Yeah, so he can go home and put Indiana KETCHUP on them. No can do!!!

#4080 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Tough to read this and not feel let down Delt. You calling me an “ass kisser” and I’m attempting to “bullshit” people is not welcomed. What evidence do you have that I’m kissing anyone’s ass? And who’s ass? The only ass I kiss is my wife’s. As a distro, I have plenty of stuff to sell, what does that have to do with Wonka. I guess distributors cannot be huge pinball fans? Wtf. Come on man, you really think I’m fucking with people just to sell games?!?! If you believe that, you know nothing about me. Plenty of distros are full of shit. I got into this to be different. Sorry, these descriptors of me are ridiculous. And my reputation being questioned because Willy Wonka is one of my favorite films ever made?
Remind me again what I’m doing wrong? Expressing my excitement for a great game? I’d love to hear the negatives, let’s discuss.
- The logo font being extracted and not perfectly replicated.....really?
- Artwork that doesn’t blow your mind on the Standard Edition that is now $1000 cheaper?
List them here and we can discuss.

Appreciate the kind words. I’m pumping games I like, that will never change. If I don’t like something you won’t hear from me.

Well said and I would add, while we Love you guys I personally don't give a yank What games you love as I am the one buying them. Pinball is a Personal enjoyment (like putting ketchup on hotdogs) that won't be swayed by anyones personal opinion. Who are we to judge your business or opinion of what you enjoy or dislike really? The fact that at No cost to us you share your and your families time to provide informative content to us is remarkable honestly. I know I would never do it just no appreciation for the effort but I and many thank you both for ALL your efforts.

1 week later
#4126 5 years ago

Too dam funny. Expected no less and got more, looking forward to it as always.

#4159 4 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Another fun show.
hollywoodbone What speaker light kit do you have on DP?

Thats the new design from Speakerlightkits.com I like the new look!

Great show as always and glad to see it back! Was hoping they would elaborate more on the mom multiball 3 ball lock....lol

#4207 4 years ago

Another great episode and I must say Greg was really on it with valid points and views. Also sad to admit how interested I was in the lawn manicure segment lol. My lawn looks like a cattle field. Need to get a call in segment with Gregs mom similar to how Dave Letterman had his mom on the show. Priceless...

#4236 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey Guys with all this mom talk maybe you should do a Mom's episode for Mothers Day coming up this week - have the moms take over or sit in with you both and maybe even the wives then we will get the real story
On a serious note - love what you guys do and always check out your latest when it comes out. It is good entertainment and knowledgeable as well.
PS Greg - never mind what that troll says about you - your OK

Yes, definitely the wives! lol And make it an open Q&A session. lolol

2 months later
#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

SW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JP

Star Wars is a Brutally Mean game and I love playing it Every time! Hopeful JP brings the same or similar rush.

1 month later
#4724 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I hope that Nathan dude makes an appearance in the 100th show , he seems like a big fan!

He doesn’t have time for their show. He is busy uncovering the conspiracy that Gary Stern is hoarding the world supply of copper so we can get into the Penny manufacturing business and Jersey Jack is partnering with Elon Musk to make a flying pinball machine. All facts all the time...

5 months later
#4948 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great video guys. Laughed throughout at Greg and Zach. Speaking of, Zach on his A game in this one.
Nathan shields mk. Love it.
Fried chicken at a wedding? Crazy.....

Positive support from the #Delt31 man! There really Must be a global apocalypse! lol I agree this show was free flowing Fun and So good to see the team back together.

#4954 4 years ago

New mandates just in... The governor of Indiana has just announced a mandated quarantine for both Zach and Greg. For the well being and sanity for all those in pinball you have been ordered by state law to isolate together and forge out the next 25 episodes help us get through this ordeal with joy. Do it for the players, do it for your moms, do it for the Children! 20 bottles of wine, a case of Pepsi, and a microphone. You can Do This!!! Please

#4958 4 years ago

This or that reality series;
Guest interview with Macho or Kanada.
This or that for your Last purchase;
Punny Factory or Thunderbirds or a kick in the jewels and a lifetime supply of TP
This or that, only one can continue on producing;
American Pinball or Spooky
Bonus points topic;
Your combined dream team to design, code, build, manufacture, and art theme a pinball machine. From any era or company combined.

#4960 4 years ago

Did I miss episode 108?

Fun topic for discussion consideration;
Could Pinside benefit from a more stern revised moderation guideline to lighten the ever growing venomous battles which detract from the positive values mixed in. EX
1. For abusive content instead of a day isolation from a thread which just moves them to a new thread to contaminate why not a day Off of Pinside all together to think about it?
2. 30 downvotes, the masses have spoken. Take a one day time out and come back with a new attitude?
3. Continuous troll post warnings, time out see you in a week. Or never...

Not complaining just seems like as this hobby population grows it Does become daunting for New members to wade through these often shark infested waters. Lol

#4962 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I will watch the latest episode soon. Good to see there is a new episode to watch. Thanks.
Hope everybody is good - especially Greg's mom.

She’s their private nurse. Zach is well cared for...

1 month later
#4978 3 years ago

Another Great show! Appreciate you guys doing a team-up to entertain as always. Side note, Baywatch is a D I think Bone has been hiding out in the wine cellar again.

1 month later
#5016 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Let's hope not!

Thats what the advertisement says. Well first 500 anyway along with art blades. Get mine in a few days looking forward to it.

#5025 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Anyone else getting this error trying to view the vid?
"null
If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in."

I "Think" a certain individual complained and they had to remove it....... Sad really. ANY marketing is GOOD marketing. I thought the video was rather good.

#5031 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Any marketing is good for American Pinball and distributors but bad for someone who has been doing a lot of work if they were promised first media unveiling. I don't know anything either but if I was doing a lot of work promoting doing more work on a Saturday then I may be annoyed.
Solid SDTM video and I appreciate the work everyone is doing but if your work is the promotion and not distributing I can understand.

Would understand if they were giving away answers to a test or the ending of a movie. Its a pinball machine that they Desperately need to sell in volume. ANY promotion or Support for that company should be welcomed with open arms and appreciated.

#5036 3 years ago

Zach did you buy the game? Nobody can boss you around once you’ve paid for the game. wtf happened?

My guess is thats not the case with a distributor contract. Should have just put the video in Gregs name lol.

#5043 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I get the whole nice thing and I understand timeline embargoes but when a company is telling influencers/content creators what they can show or say online that is a little suspect.

Completely agreed. Especially like in This case where the feedback and content was done Unsolicited and unpaid.

#5056 3 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Nice work Zack and Greg. I'm genuinely excited for the game and everything looks great except for those animations. I know the animations are from the show but boy do they look rough. Reminds me of a g rated Robot Chicken. Anyone else like the animations?

I rather enjoyed them. Looks like they did a great job to stay on theme.

1 week later
#5134 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I think it's interesting how so far no game has gotten a straight A. I wonder if any game will ever break the A- barrier.

Fair question though I would ask can you name 1 game that is pure perfection top to bottom with NO suggested improvement? Many are Near flawless but I can’t think of one that is perfect A status.

#5154 3 years ago

I feel the same way when I have to eat Indiana Pizza! Great review as Always.

#5159 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Holy shit, it is the end of the world as we know it!....I am receiving praise over Greg mutha-fuckin Bone?!?!?! I don’t know how to react. This....feels....so so strange....

Don't get to happy, we are just throwing you a "bone"! lol

2 weeks later
#5232 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I know Zach thinks I’m here to rag on him but I’m really not. I jump in and defend when necessary.
This video is cringe worthy. Car salesman 101 and it’s painfully obvious. I just hate when these guys lower themselves to this. They are talented and it devalues their opinion when paid to play is covered up like this.

“I know Zach thinks I’m here to rag on him but I’m not! Now let me shit on what he did lol. Seriously, is nobody ever happy with just appreciating someone/anyone simply showing a product that they think is worthy of interest? Is the content only of value if they shit on it publicly to show how tough they are? Lol. I love half the games they hate and hate half the games they love I simply Appreciate them taking time/effort to show us what it is. I am my own judge (second to my wife) and give to Craps! If they Love or Hate anything. Why would you? How many hours (minutes) do you sacrifice from your time and your families time to return contribute Back to this hobby??? Bitching doesn’t count! I would also bet you any amount they got paid NOTHING to show this product. Such a tough crowd I Honestly have no idea why Zach/Greg or Any of the content providers bother???

#5240 3 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Greg sells houses, d‘Uh!

Yeah, I always Figured there was a reason they do these shows and unboxings in a house. Greg is a Pitch man I Knew it was a scam!

2 months later
#5291 3 years ago

Thank you for all your work on this!!! Your editing my friend it was made it what it is!!!!! So proud to be a part of this and help support such an amazing group of people who make amazing pins!!!

Huh?? You told me You did all the filming and editing Mr Bone? You said Zach simply sat there and ate his Chicago hot dogs with ketchup while you worked the keyboard.

#5303 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM!!!
JJP Guns N Roses First Impressions & Gameplay

So I can't tell, did Greg like the game? lol Great review as always!!

#5308 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The one worrying thing they said, and they said it with a tinge of criticism:
Plays like a JJP.
Translation: slow and floaty?

Trust me this game is Anything but slow or floaty. In their video they were describing the flipper feel not the game speed.

2 months later
#5449 3 years ago

Dam you ZMeny , Now I have to find another Wonka! I miss that game, so much fun.

#5458 3 years ago

Hmmm. Generally agree until you got to BM66. Kind of surprised Only based on market price that Fathom didn't make the list. Really fun game and art just Crazy prices. Agree on most of the rest granted I would have trifecta added Road Show over BM66

#5461 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I think any pinballer who has been in the hobby any length of time, and done their own repairs, has the feeling "I should have bought this long ago" when first doing any repair work with a good desoldering tool. Making the near impossible trivial should be their slogan

You hit is on the head. Best way to describe this tool is When you eventually buy one you Instantly wonder Why you waited so long to get one. Justified in one use to me.

#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

I don't know that anyone regrets buying TAF . . . or the day they sell it.

Spot on perfect description lol.

Quoted from PtownPin:

By far the most under rated game is Wonka....the game is incredible with a great layout, multiple shots, great flow, and code that is incredibly complex. I bet it took me 30-40 just to figure out what was going on. I can see why they would think TAF would be over rated, but it was a really innovative game for its time. I'd love to own one if I could find a nice example.

Couldn’t agree more on Wonka. Oddly most JJP titles take a while to “mature”. Can’t think of one that I fell in love with in a few plays. I suspect it’s the depth of code not sure,

4 months later
#5629 2 years ago

Great video and overview as always. Plenty of “why to hate” threads so it’s refreshing to simply show the game for what it is. Looks great to me and look forward to its arrival. Well done and appreciated.

3 months later
#5701 2 years ago

Hell yeah Dolly Pillow Ordered! lol Love that dam game lost more money on it then I can count. Well done and creative stuff.

4 months later
#5766 2 years ago

Thanks to the Meny home family and network family for all you did through out this crazy 2021 year. So many sacrifices to keep the content and hobby hopping. Thank You sincerely and wish you and your family a Safe and successful new year!!

Bye, bye, bye 2021.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.