stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#95 6 years ago

Keep it up guys, enjoying every show!

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

No still can't get the thing to convert! Going to have to try to find someone local to run me through it the first time!

You should be able to do this with VLC. See link. In the link is also another link which shows you how to get the video downloaded from youtube, but I expect that you have the source video available.

https://www.techjunkie.com/extract-audio-vlc/

4 months later
4 months later
#587 6 years ago

We can zoom in some but I would be the only one working all three cameras!!!! Would I still be able to achieve this?

Greg, I do not know if this wil work/help but I know that there are gimballs available that are able to track a subject automatically. This may be something that can help in a situation that there are more camera's than people that can operate a camera.

As I said: I have no idea if this is practical or not, but I do know that using a gimball gives very professional results anyway when shooting video, so maybe something to look into. Also a link of a gimball that I know that has the auto tracking feature:

https://www.dji.com/osmo-plus

This link is for a gimball with integrated camera, but DJI also has other models available for other camera's. I also have some experience with other gimballs that advertise the same capabilities, but they were not working at all, like a brand called Zhyun. Stay away from those. I had bought one but the software that you need to control the camera was never working and crashing a lot.

3 weeks later
#688 6 years ago

Thanks guys. Watched this episode and it solidified my choice for ordering the CE. Here in Europe the pre-order is not refundable but I have the choice of downgrading to an LE, but after seeing this review I will keep my order like it is. Only 40 in Europe !

1 month later
#949 6 years ago

Did I miss the livestream or did it not happen yet ? No archive on Twitch, but in the post above from 23 hours ago it says it is tonight, so it should already have happened ?

2 weeks later
#1042 6 years ago

Great episode, but this time I have to disagree a bit with you guys. I have a CE on order and they cost over here 14000 euro and that is about 17300 dollar. I never spend that kind of money on a pinball machine, but that is not even the reason for me to want to cancel my order.

The main reason is to make a statement. If the pinball community accepts this kind of changes (from a very unique mech to just a motor) than why would they not do this every time ? And other manufacturers can also do it, because we will buy it anyway. Show something fantastic and then scrap it later.

I thought about it for a few days and this is a money issue any way you look at it. This (the discs) is not rocket science, it can be made reliably but it will cost more on the BOM. The solution they have provided costs a lot less on the BOM.

The chest just baffles me because it is just nonsense that they cannot get it to open and close but again it will put more on the BOM. They engineered it so that the mechanism that opens the chest also is the ramp for the ball. Seperate that and it will be no problem. The problem in that is the BOM and the time it takes to do that.

Sorry to say this, because I have bought every JJP NIB and this machine would become the cherry on the pie, but now it is the pizza on the playfield....

1 month later
#1373 5 years ago

Hey Zach, I think I know why you get so much hate: because you are right

1 week later
#1439 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Wonder why great built JJP games don't hold their value as well as "supposedly" low quality games such as IMDN? JJP POTC was announced what like a year ago? Have they even shipped one yet? Things that make you go Hmm........

Probably because quality is not the only thing that matters. I am a big JJP fan and whatever you say or arguments you give, if I play my BM66LE or GOTGLE it is a very different feeling opposed to the Hobbit or Dialed In. The quality and attention to detail on every aspect of the JJP machines just is way better than that of Stern, not only built quality but also the graphics on the LCD. Artwise Stern made a big recovery since they brought in Franchi and Yeti.

BUT the sterns are not bad games. The enjoyment you get out of them is very good. And the problem now with the POTC is that I see everybody playing it (JJP themselves every week). At this point it begins to feel like an old game and I never played it ! It seems I ordered it eons ago and the excitement is fading already. Also I agree that every mode looks the same, but I will reserve final judgment on that until I get to play one.

For me the this or that would be in favor of the IMDN LE right now, as much as I love JJP.

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I 100% believe that and i would hope that its true considering the prices of their games. Oh yeah and don't forget Dirty Donnie also, he is awesome as well.

Very true. I had him in my post before, but he has been doing work for Stern before. He just was not enough to cover all the games Stern pump out, so since they let more real artists make the machines, they have gotten MUCH better (the ones that DD could not do I mean).

edit: by the way: here in Europe the Stern LE's are more expensive than the JJP LE's ! I think that is ridiculous.

2 weeks later
#1513 5 years ago

Hey Greg, was it a Red-headed myzomela ?

Great show btw.

#1564 5 years ago

You guys are killing me, just bought a Lost world with a busted snagger

1 month later
#2037 5 years ago

Hi Guys, just saw the last episode. You know I love your show and the streams and whatnot, I've seen it all, and I must admit that I also have seen you change a bit as you have become more known in the Pinball world.

But I think that is normal and you would not know it yourself as you have decent moral and values which you live by, so you respect the work and effort that goes into every machine.

Something to think about: are you more excited going to a live concert with the artists really there, or watching the exact same concert at home on Bluray ?

And that is why they invite you guys (and because you make great entertaining video's )

#2040 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We love filming manufacturers because we feel like that’s what we would want to see. I tend to like in depth analysis of a machine in addition to a stream. I want the details that streams do not show. I want to meet the makers if you will. I want to know their process and artistry. I want consumers to know what they are getting when spending thousands on a product. I believe Greg feels the same but don’t want to speak for him.

I agree that we all want to see that. The question is: is it not more exciting for you guys also, and therefore always more positive than just playing it somewhere else. That is what I mean.

And again, just keep on doing what you do, it is great.

#2042 5 years ago

Honestly on my end no!!!! We have meet most of the people before. I’m running around setting up/ trying to manage 3 cameras while staying out of sight of each!
We actually weren’t even going to play a single game of POTC because of time! We were packing up and every one seemed offended that we hadn’t even touched the pin ha ha so we played one game......that last a while because......well Eric made the damn thing!!!
Now I do very much enjoy chatting and having a few drinks with all of them at shows! But both places we have gone filming has been Work and stress ha ha !!!!!!

Haha I can imagine. All work no play

1 month later
#2810 5 years ago

Great show, but I would really like it to be with the tilt bob attached. But great to watch as always !

7 months later
#4331 4 years ago

Zach has got the Limited Edition brain ?? Wouldn't want a limited brain

#4333 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

But its exclusive!

We all know the LE is just some more bling, nothing more

But I agree with Zach also. I tend to sleep 4-5 hours every day and the things I can do in the time that I am up are incredible. I spend time here, watch the best series, follow politics, enjoy other hobbies, spend time with friends every weekday if I want etc. Most of my friends go to bed at 22.30 or so and that's it. At that time my evening just starts.

Sleep when you are dead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=ronaldvg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.