stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2520 5 years ago

I couldnt agree more on your Comet pinball review.....their product is 10X others

1 month later
#2841 5 years ago

This looks like a really fun game.....

10 months later
#4704 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Appreciate the feedback.
It is a defect. It is a problem. Anyone has the right to be concerned and upset. We will continue to bend over backwards to support Flip N Out customers. We will let our customer feedback speak for itself. We put our level of support up against any other distributor.
But, I will continue to voice my own thoughts and feelings, as a pinball enthusiast. I have blistering on my Wonka LE. I have blistering on my POTC LE. I have blistering on my Jurassic Park Pro. I have ghosting on my Circus Voltaire. Do I like it? Not really. Would it prevent me, personally, from buying them all over again? No, I’m having a blast.

All very good points.....this whole pooling/chipping issue really just comes down to $....its not that the game play or fun factor changes. Its simply that a owner/collector realizes that they will most likely move on from the game, and doesn't feel like they should take such a big financial hit....these manufacturers have raised the prices so high that the consumers expectations have raised to a level that they expect the game to be perfect...is that fair? probably not as its pinball and shit happens, but its probably fair not to expect your play field to start chipping in the first few months of ownership....its an interesting dilemma

7 months later
#4986 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Regarding licensed vs unlicensed themes I think there's been plenty of botched licensed pinball machines over the years. The Walking Dead, Guardians of the Galaxy, Pirates (both the Stern and JJP version), Game of Thrones, and probably a few others all fell short in regards to theme integration in my opinion as there's a lack of licensed assets. Either the manufacturer got licensed actor audio, but no actor video (or vice versa), or only had access to pictures of actors but then couldn't use their likeness in other areas of the game, etc. The same can even be said for Willy Wonka with the odd use of licensed assets since you often see a silent video clip from the movie playing but then don't hear any of the actors.
The above example is why I think a game liked Dialed In stands out and personally is why I prefer it over a majority of licensed games. No sacrifices had to be made with that licensed as everything is original. Nothing had to be comprised with the animations, audio, and rules due to licensing restrictions. When it comes to a modern licensed pinball machine having full assets probably only 50% of games check that box. Ghostbusters, Batman 66, Elvira HOH, Hobbit, Star Wars, and all of the modern music pins are some of the pins that contain what may be considered full assets.

without a doubt the biggest botched licensed theme in the history of pinball is Sterns JP2 (which is shame because its a great game)....its basically a cartoonish dinosaur game with a great theme song and logo.

1 month later
#5045 3 years ago

Was about to order the game .... now I'm out....

1 week later
#5126 3 years ago

Theres a few A's in there ..... IJ is one of them

#5135 3 years ago

Interesting that they haven't rated MM or MMR yet

3 weeks later
#5244 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We are super excited to show this new product off! Introducing the NEW PinWoofer GT Sound System created specifically for your pinball collection.
SDTM Overview, Installation, and Impressions Video. Watch & Buy Now

Great product and video...thanks for sharing

#5245 3 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Thanks hollywoodbone and zmeny - we really appreciate the effort you guys put towards showcasing us. We're three people working long hours to ensure that we provide a quality product that works, one that has value, and one that makes pinball better. STDM did not ask for anything and they really did a nice thing for our little operation.

You guys make a great product.....I'd love to put one in my SlugFest, but hard to justify $350 for a machine thats worth $2K .... I guess I can always remove and use on another machine

5 months later
#5445 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

zmeny - how'd you mount the factory mod to the factory ramp? That looks great having both the factory and the machine/pipe mod!

good question

#5504 3 years ago

By far the most under rated game is Wonka....the game is incredible with a great layout, multiple shots, great flow, and code that is incredibly complex. I bet it took me 30-40 just to figure out what was going on. I can see why they would think TAF would be over rated, but it was a really innovative game for its time. I'd love to own one if I could find a nice example.

#5508 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Spot on perfect description lol.

Couldn’t agree more on Wonka. Oddly most JJP titles take a while to “mature”. Can’t think of one that I fell in love with in a few plays. I suspect it’s the depth of code not sure,

For me its definitely the code....POTC, and WW took a long time for me to really understand. Once it clicks the games are far more enjoyable.

1 week later
#5529 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

MM. Why people like that game so much I have no idea.
#1 forever on the top 100 list, why I dont know.

Because its a perfect pinball machine...looks great, great shots, incredible flow, great rule set, humor, and one of the best toys in all of pinball (castle)

#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I almost agree except for the fact that exploiting the castle shot from the left flipper return feed is a simple, boring route to huge scores that a semi skilled player has to willfully resist/ignore for the game to be at all challenging. I’ve only played it on location and at league maybe 20 times total and put up GC scores that were not even exciting to achieve.

Theres a lot more to the game than blowing up castles....the game just has everything, which is why its always ranked at the top. I also love that the rules are very easy to understand yet the game is not easy to beat.

#5536 3 years ago

I didnt say it sucks or anything... best of all time is laughable though.
Its OK.
It also an easyish game so theres that I guess.
I think Monster Bash is a snooze also so what do I know.

I like MB, but its not in the same league as MM....we all know best of all time is laughable in general...so what would be at your top of the list....

#5538 3 years ago

Id put tons of games before MM (and I did own one for a while years ago)
To compare to something similar in layout Id say LOTR
LOTR has better rules, better theme integration, music, shots etc etc... only edge to MM there is maybe art.
AFM is a simpler game but to me way more fun also.

I own both LOTR and AFM as well, and they are both great games....its pretty hard to pick between the 3. My only point is I can see why MM has been at the top of the mountain as it really does do everything well. Personally for me my favorite game is Williams IJ....

1 year later
#5933 1 year ago

I for one appreciate the videos and opinions. I jokingly assumed the game was a B+ before I watched the video That being said I dont think the review was that far off (especially if u take price out of it). It seems to me 90% of the complaints are about JJP pricing model that I suspect doesn't make Zach or Greg very happy, and if u got a few beers with them they would probably agree that JJP missed the mark on their new pricing structure.

#5935 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I also like the length of the reviews and the humor. TS4 is a solid C- machine though.

This. Great insight. Helps me feel better about the review.
You guys should grade these on your own curves. Or…you can have a reputation for liking everything:
[quoted image]

Would it be a C- if the game was $8K instead of $12K? It's virtually impossible for people (including myself) to separate the actual game from the price. I have no doubt the game is fun its simply not $12K worth of fun

#5938 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It’s super simple to review a game without taking into consideration the price. Just imagine youve played it a lot, understand it’s elements, and you didn’t buy the game or you just played it a ton on location.

Kind of if u have one in the next room u can play over and over as many of us dont have the option to play on location....the problem is for that to happen u have to fork out the $12K+

5 months later
#6023 1 year ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Just watched the “sneak peek “ video.There was no mention of the 2023 CGC medieval madness run.Is it not happening now? asking for a friend…..

I highly doubt it as CGC is having massive problems getting games out the door. They still have most of the CCRLE's to deliver, which will probably take them the entire year to get out the door. They make a great product, but are by FAR the worst in the industry at delivering games.

2 months later
#6045 1 year ago

You guys make great content ..... my guess is its another B+

#6065 1 year ago

Great work....another B+

1 week later
#6070 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Looks great , how much ?

Good question....does it come with 2 batteries as it appears the lift is worthless without battery power. The standup feature is nice and it appears to raise high enough the slide into the back of truck (which my HF isn't quite high enough). I'm interested, but my harbor freight $100 lift works very well so if reasonable this might be worth the upgrade.

#6071 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Looks great , how much ?

Just looked....$3K

8 months later
#6198 4 months ago

Great video, and many great points. The one I agreed with the most was why in the world PM would partner with CGC to make games. Seems like an odd choice since they are by far the worst in the industry at getting games out the door. My hope is they build more games in the future, but pick a different partner. Waiting 25+ months for a CGC game is borderline criminal.

#6203 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno. Lately I would put AP in the "worst at getting games out the door" camp. BoF, however, has come out of the gate guns-blazin' with their output. Really impressive for a new entrant.

No chance....CGC is by far the worst in the industry

#6204 4 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Relationship that Josh Sharp built with CGC for CCR might’ve opened the door.

I'm sure correct, and I suspect CGC provided a lot of value during development. My guess is they are very good at that part. It all falls apart when they actually have to make games

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.