stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4171 4 years ago

Great show. My wife was so excited she got to meet you two at TPF and now won Orion's Belts too!
Side blades, LED's, speaker grill cover, Pinstadiums, extra characters, now Orion's Belt. About to top off on upgrades we can put into this old South Park.
South Park was our first machine into the hobby and it's still my wife's favorite. We wouldn't be in this hobby if it weren't for her walking up to a South Park in an arcade and saying "Buy me this!"

Thanks for everything you two do for the hobby.

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Happy to do it and Greg and I are jealous that our Misses aren’t into it as much as yours. Send her our best and thanks for supporting the show!

She says one more machine and we're swapping the game room and the living room. She's a keeper.

1 week later
#4237 4 years ago

Love the show as always guys. Super surprised you didn't this or that the obvious Black Knight Premium vs Wonka Standard.

100% with Greg that a Beetles is a $5000 game. Then again, so is Primus but it's so rare I'll probably never play one.

1 week later
#4260 4 years ago

Great episode guys! It felt like your old ones again. Definitely refreshing. Keep up the great work!

#4291 4 years ago

I won't say it's a loaded pin, but it has more in it than modern Sterns. The modes are fun, the sounds are great, the theme is spot on, and the light show is really good when it has LED's in it. It DOES get old after awhile though, I think only because it's everywhere and it has been everywhere forever.

#4303 4 years ago

Adams Family over Munsters all day, every day. Munsters has shallow code (I don't give a damn if it's on purpose), no interesting shots, no real mechs, two flippers, and Adams family even has it beat on light show which is just sad. Also, who gives a damned about Stewy Pinball 2.0?

#4310 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Where’s the Munsters vs Addams Family comparison coming from?

It started with commentary on you guys comparing theme only between them on the show, then moved on to pin comparison from there.

I'm also on board with Addams family as a better show. The wit, style, and characters are much better overall.

#4311 4 years ago

I also want to comment on enjoyability. Something along the lines of "it's the funnest game ever when you first start playing it but it gets old quickly over time."

That's exactly how I felt with my Theatre of Magic. When I played that on location I just had to have it. Having it at home I felt like it was the most filled machine with so many magical shots, but after owning it for six months, I sold it and feel like I never really need to play it again. Sitting next to Dialed In and Iron Maiden Pre, it just couldn't hold up because of repetitiveness.

1 week later
#4347 4 years ago

I want one. The music is good, the theme is fun, and the light show is spectacular. I worry about it being a clunk fest though.

#4385 4 years ago

Woot! I won a set of Hovers for my Pinstadiums. Thanks guys!

#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM LIVE Stream: Black Knight LE with Chuck Wurt and Pin Stadium Scott
Check out that camera angle UNDER the glass!

That was indeed awesome. It was even better after they straightened it later.

#4391 4 years ago

Indeed! Innovation in pinball streaming.

#4440 4 years ago

I think the cannon load and shot on the Dauntless in Pirates is the best, most satisfying shot in pinball. It's so hard to hit that cannon load shot, then to fire it across the field and actually get it into the other ship, it never gets old (along with the fanfare, video, and the room shaking when the external subwoofer hits).

Hitting the Big Bang in Dialed In. The sound and light show from that shot is amazing. Hitting it on purpose to finish out a difficult mode at the right time just feels sweet.

1 month later
#4518 4 years ago

Another this or that: Alice Cooper plus $500 (everyone adds at least a few upgrades) or Black Knight SoR Premium?

Also, love the damaged box video. Wish I'd had one when my box arrived damaged (first NIB).

2 weeks later
#4571 4 years ago

Just some personal thoughts on JP...
-The shots, layout and mechs look amazing. The animations are on point and the coding looks like a lot of fun.
-My wife and I both think the artwork is horrendous. It's Oktoberfest bad really. You don't play the artwork, but looking at my Iron Maiden and ACNC, there are times when you just sit and look at the machine and this will not be one of them.
-Everyone hates the truck, but easily modded so no biggie.
-I think the T-Rex head looks awesome, my wife agrees with Greg that it looks cheap and needs to be redone. Possibly another easy mod?

If the artwork is so bad, the redeeming feature should be light show, but once again Stern is behind JJ and now even Spooky on light show. When are they going to get with the times and get full range RGB lights? I really thought this was going to be the one since they were supposedly pullout out all the stops.

Can't wait to play it, but will definitely have to play it before owning.

2 weeks later
#4652 4 years ago

My wife and I loved it! Thanks for the good work guys. I'll try and get a video to you tomorrow also.

#4661 4 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Nice unboxing video. Glad you got your dream theme Greg. Your excitement was great to see. If STERN ever does Evil Dead, I am sure I would be the same way.

I've been scratching my head wondering what theme would make me go nuts like that and realized it's already been ruined. I got into pinball collecting after Ghostbusters was released and no matter how much I want to love the game and think it's beautiful, it's just not fun for me at all.

My next hopes are Gremlins (not going to happen) or Harry Potter.

#4670 4 years ago

Quick video sent!
Last day to all you other last minute people like myself.

1 week later
#4716 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

So when is the SDTM review video coming??

Indeed, we're due an STDM!

Also, you don't have to air that video I made you, it was early in the morning and probably a mistake. XD

3 weeks later
#4776 4 years ago

We loved this one and laughed quite a bit guys. Thanks!

#4788 4 years ago

Hey Zach, one of the most important aspects of a game to my wife and I is light show (RGB's, light show integration, using them for moments). When we watch your reviews we try and figure out where that fits in scoring. What category does this fit in? Is it not a consideration when you score because we never hear you talk about light show in your reviews. I think we've finally decided it goes into overall enjoyability.

#4790 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Greg and I have discussed this at length trying to figure out where light shows fit. In a similar manner, we understand that music and call outs are definitely separate categories. Thus far, we have concluded that adding more categories becomes a bit redundant and messy. Light show for now falls into ‘Innovation’ if lights are used in a new and interesting way, and into ‘Enjoyability’ if the light show really pulls you in. Same with theme integration, we see integration as a part of enjoyability, rather than ‘Theme’.
The review process will continue to evolve so changes could occur over time. I hope this answers your question and thank you both for caring about the process!

We actually pause and give our letter grade before each category and guess what you guys will give.
Also, I thought it was Theme AND Integration in one. Thanks for clarifying that too.
Can't wait to see the Halloween special this year!

#4793 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I own all three and I’d say if you like the Maiden Pro there isn’t much more in the Premium. Deadpool and Jurassic Park are Premium/LE all the way. I’d say to rotate some of your older games out because it’s a hard choice between the three but if I could only chose two Maiden would go only because theme. I have your old Tron and I’m actually considering putting it up for sale because it doesn’t stand up compared these three.

I have to disagree there. Between the ramp lift to start modes and the sarcophagus lock, the game feels more theatrical on the premium IM. Our local arcades all have pros, but everyone likes to come over and play my premium because it has just enough of a light show improvement and more moments. Also, I think the speakers in the premium are better (could be wrong). The shots also just feel better. I've noticed that shots feel better on a Deadpool premium too even though there's not much more in that one than the disco ball. Do they use better build materials in premiums or something?

1 month later
#4831 4 years ago

Nice to see Zach giving reviews again!
Costumes were well done, but campy horror would have gone with the review better for this machine.

Can't wait for the next one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider javagrind888.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.