stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

SDTM what is the deal with the laser-cut armor pic on your FB page? Potential Stern shop upgrade or...?

Quoted from tbutler6:

That thing does not appear to be sitting directly on the cabinet, Lit armor potential? I don't know how they would do it though without pingraffix tech. The STLE's cabinet is drilled.

That armour reminds me of the Sovereigns from GOTG2, other than some licenced tracks and maybe a single spinner on the pro, the one thing I would love is for one of the modes, maybe the final wizard mode to have the Dance Off up on the LCD with all the inserts going purple, red/blue GI (RGB GI would have been preferred for purple GI)) going nuts while making your shots to join the GOTG together and vanquish Ronan.

5 months later
#999 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What’s your favorite Wizard Mode in pinball?
SDTM’s Greg and Zach discuss their Top 10 pinball Wizard Modes.
Remember to help out the guys by giving a 5-Star review on their iTunes podcast page and by sharing their videos!
» YouTube video

Guys your show is awesome always makes for excellent viewing and an absolute life saver when I am on a night shift at the fire station (fire house for you in the US) with the other dudes snoring their heads off

#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Keep listening to Greg’s rants you’ll be asleep with them. Thanks for always supporting the show J85M

As soft as Greg’s voice is, there are other podcasts I use to induce sleep

1 week later
#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

They need to do a Queen pin!

It has been strongly rumoured that Heighway have the Queen licence and have done for some time

2 weeks later
#1111 5 years ago

Great episode guys, really enjoyed watching, especially the BM66 discussion so let me be the first owner of a BM66LE to say I love my SEGA Goldeneye

#1146 5 years ago

ZMeny when you hit the glass on your Maiden, through my phones speakers it sounded like a good slap, for a split second I was waiting for it to explode under your hand

#1180 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Alright guys, cmon, Best code in pinball? Let’s list them!

Ah screw it, if no one else is gonna say it I will - IRONMAN!

Code isn’t deep, but does code really need to be deep for it to be considered great?

Ironman is fairly shallow, but the music, lighting, animations which I’m counting as code here immerse you into the theme and give you a massive adrenaline rush, the gameplay code with the magnets feels like Monger and Whiplash are physically fighting back and I don’t care what anyone says Bogey maybe a simple ramp mode but it’s awesome!

Ironman is a masterclass in less is more, simple but extremely effective coding!

1 week later
#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

i would give a M&M themed game a big fat F

I thought everyone loved M&Ms

3F8D85F9-4359-4E66-A4D9-ACBC088DF769 (resized).jpeg3F8D85F9-4359-4E66-A4D9-ACBC088DF769 (resized).jpeg

#1299 5 years ago

I am not a maiden fan and I was honestly a little bummed out when I found out they where using Keith’s archer layout for a theme I had no interest in.

However I view the music now like any other music in a pin, it’s repeated and on continuous loop and often while playing almost disappears into the background (Ironman and Tron being 2 exceptions where I find myself bobbing to the tracks) so the music is no major deal breaker and Stern where smart with the art, no band members to be seen anywhere just a kick ass art package the premium art is awesome!

But if it’s still a major problem the choices are simple, don’t buy it, change out the music or go the full hog and retheme this bad boy.

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Who in their right mind wants a pin themed on a 40+ year old who still can't wear his pants all the way up and who's claim to fame is a catalog of songs where he whines about his mommy issues??

Me! But I am clinically insane so I guess I’m not in my right mind to begin with

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I think that was obviously sarcasm. Although (somewhat talented....j/k!) Zach's opinion will not impact sales on IMDN.

Of course Zachs opinion won’t impact sales at least not negatively like everyone seems to be freaking out about. His review was 90% positive the only thing he criticised was the theme, which I totally agree with for me iron maiden as a theme is a D, just as rap themed pin would be a D for you and others, themes come down to person tastes, but what everyone including Zach agrees on is the physical aspects of the game layout, shots, rules are all an A!

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Btw, yes hip hop/Rap mostly BLOWS, but.....Country does NOT!!

Showing your age there Ice you old man

But that is the beauty of Stern, they make enough games each year to please every corner of the market, plus it’s a relief on the wallet when there is a theme or 2 that is not a must buy, last couple of years Stern have been killing it with their themes and killing my wallet in the process

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hell yeah!!! Now Burton is in my wheelhouse. Better yet, bring us The Beetlejuice!!!!

Zach you gotto say it 3 times man, cmon!

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I don’t know if I’m ready for all that hype quite yet

Man what a great theme, tonnes of potential for some cool toys too.

JJP have the camera, Stern throw in a mic so we can say Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice and summon the son of the bitch and go into a midnight madness kinda mode, theme integration NAILED!

WO5uiVT.gifWO5uiVT.gif

1 week later
#1418 5 years ago

Great episode again guys, plus I realised Greg is secretly a movie star, watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last night and thought “I know this guy he looks familiar, that beard!?” started watching your episode today and ureka it clicked!

Greg meet Greg
61EE45A7-AFCF-4A85-B6E8-DD9C71774DAD (resized).jpeg61EE45A7-AFCF-4A85-B6E8-DD9C71774DAD (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#1911 5 years ago

Great episode as usual, enjoyed your first impressions of Deadpool and it was like an appetiser, now looking forward to the main, your Deadpool Review!

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from Mokthemagicman:

Been a long time watcher of Zach and Gregg's channel of SDTM and seen it evolve over time to be the best pinball channel next to Dead-Flips stuff. I don't ever want them to be just an "objective" and a "news only" pinball show. Half the fun is watching Gregg and Zach fight and argue over things and if it leads to insults it just makes me laugh more. Seeing two friends argue over something they love (or hate) is always a good time.
To me, pinball is a personal thing anyway and it all boils down to if you connect with a pin or you don't. If I want news on pinball I will just read pinball news.
Keep up the great work guys and don't leave your personal comments out just to try to be objective. We can do that ourselves. Keep the banter and quips intact too.
Suggestion: I would love to see more pinball streams battles between you two once and a while. Maybe do a best out of five games and loser has to do something horrible like get a pie in the face, shot with paint balls or something? Maybe do a Saturday steam show battle and with each game, loser has to do a shot. It might make good content for the show. Maybe?

BIG +1 and bring on the pies!!

#2019 5 years ago

I asked George direct about an adult mode/r rated content he kindly replied and allowed me to share the following:

“No adult mod.Deadpool is family friendly- all versions. Deadpool will get damaged but no blood & gore.”

I still think the game looks great though, love the shots, those loops and that orbit to ramp looks great!

#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here’s what I don’t like about the game from my perspective, at least enough to go buy one:
+ sound
+ too easy to keep ball in play
+ theme

I think the sound is going to improve dramatically, code was rumoured to be .85 and George several times said everything is still very early. I am expecting a lot more callouts, sounds, SFX and of course Hi-Res Deadpool breaking the 4th wall - add pinball browser into the mix and I’ll persobally he making an R rated mix as long as I can rip the voicework from other Deadpool projects Nolan North has done.

Any game can be made harder, open outlines fully, little more incline, ball save disabled and tighten that tilt.

Theme is an issue if you don’t like Deadpool that’s a tricky one

#2066 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The rated G hurts me more than the movie license

+1 but at least we can potentially fix this with the voiceover work the voice actor for the pin has done previously for R rated games and animation.

#2099 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Uh oh, someone else is ready for a review...
[quoted image]

Oh I’m looking forward to this one hopefully being divisive and you two butting heads on this one, best episodes are where you completely disagree, looking forward to some Total Nonstop Arguing in this episode cant wait

1 week later
#2297 5 years ago

I’m not sure what I enjoyed more Greg & Zach’s latest episode or the atomic fallout they have created in this thread

I think the review is a little high but I understand that whenever Greg & Zach review a game I know it’s either going to be right on point with my opinion or a little high and that’s cause these guys f**kin love pinball!

Hell they buy games to review and talk about to entertain us and give us all something to watch, without their crazy love for good and bad games alike we wouldn’t have half the content they have created for the community to enjoy!

Really don’t get the upset though, usually when Greg or Zach review something that I thinks way off base I find it amusing, like the LW3 review I laughed my ass off watching Greg announce his love for the game.

2 weeks later
#2508 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Sigh, no signs of it yet...I just listed Deadpool to free up some money for it. Let’s just hope I don’t have to wait another month for it

Just saw your listing Zach, when is the SDTM Deadpool review coming? Looking forward to that one.

Edit: just saw your response in your FS thread, can’t wait for that to drop.

#2616 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

There are plenty of podcast just talking Pinball. We want a Visually entertaining show.

And this is why I continue to watch SDTM above most other podcasts. I love the goofiness and banter you bring to the show, especially when you guys are giving each other a hard time, which you guys have been lacking recently, almost being too nice to eachother these days

As for the editing I think it’s great and brings a lot of entertainment to the show, the Deadpool pop ups where fantastic and well worth the time, a few of my friends who are not into pinball at all ended up watching with me at work and enjoyed the show and these guys don’t know the first thing about pinball.

#2620 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can't imagine how much time effort and their own money they are investing in the show. I hope one day their efforts pay off;

Zach said he pretty much brought Deadpool for the review, whether he said that tongue in cheek or not I don’t know, but that’s 6k and maybe a $500+ loss selling it on so quick right there, just for the show and our entertainment, massive respect for his efforts there!

And that Deadpool show definitely took a lot of time with the 4th wall editing, I’d love to see these guys make an income from the show, there’s a lot of supposed “entertainers” on a lot of money yet they don’t entertain me half as much as Greg and Zach joking about, arguing and ripping into eachother, so if they end up being able to do this full time more power to em!

1 week later
#2749 5 years ago

ZMeny Hollywoodbone great show guys loved it, felt like one of your older shows which was great, loved the insults and mud slung back and forth (Zach being pale, vampire, Greg being a hobbit all hit the mark) like the good old days with you guys.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.