stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#858 6 years ago

Man the SDTM guys are the best, period.

I like the art Who Dey!

#862 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I guess im spoiled with Dirty Donnie and Zombie Yetti’s artwork.

No doubt the best those two.

1 month later
#1152 5 years ago

Zach if you need a phone a friend next time call me, Iceman, I'll be happy to provide some color!

#1161 5 years ago

Dwight isn’t the most creative on code.

He hits it SDTM

Lyman is the code genius

#1167 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Really practice at it. You may be surprised, you may always hate it.

Both are very good and both are very different which is great for pinball. No reason to have to pick sides.

Dwight is very good. Lyman is on another level. Not picking sides.

Think Lebron James of pinball coding

1 week later
#1274 5 years ago

I agreed with the limited theme not being good initially but man I’m really liking it now!

TWD is a GREAT theme that desperately needed the LCD. How great could that have been seeing zombie heads being lopped off and cool scenes from the show.

I like all music. Heck I was country before country wasn’t cool.

Maiden grows on you (like a fungus), and it’s excellent fast paced pinball music!!

Great show guys, always entertaining!

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I love how just about everything in a JJP game is building towards something and that theres always something to achieve or progress to. With a JJP pin I end up caring more about how much of the game I progressed through then how many points I earned and thats due to their ruleset designs. Stern is just not doing that on the same level as JJP and thats probably the main reason why my collection will eventually be all JJP pins, lol. I'm keeping Ghostbusters though, lol.

This just in everybody, Panzer is a JJP fanboy and loves more toys! Shocking!

Bang that drum Panzer, an "all JJP collection" means you are missing out on some great pinball. Your loss buddy.

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree, Zach and Greg are cool. I dont give a shit if they don't know a good theme when they see it, I still like them and love their show! They are just 2 nice guys that love pinball like the rest of us and their show makes the hobby more fun!

Right on Who Dey! Make pinball fun again.

There is no right or wrong for the most part, just different opinions. Sometimes you are in the minority, sometimes the majority. The only opinion that matters is your own when you go to play and buy!

#1342 5 years ago

Btw, yes hip hop/Rap mostly BLOWS, but.....Country does NOT!!

Take a look at the top 50 selling artists of all time, George Strait (from San Antonio) is in the top 10 and Garth Brooks is #2 right behind the Beatles! Many others in that top 50 (some i don't like). So many great regional artists down here, dancehalls, beer joints and overall great people.

I'm def in the vast majority on that one

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Love yah Zach - I almost didn’t buy the premium after watching the review. But then I realized it was a kick ass monster theme pin with high energy music. Then my music preference played zero in the decision to buy it.

Smart move! Don't listen to those stiffs

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

King George is the greatest!
I agree with you Doug, San Antonia is really nice and country music is the best!!!
IMDNLE is a great pin, and I don’t even like the music. But, the theme, music and play totally work for this pin.

We see eye to eye Brett!

I don’t have Maiden on the playlist either but it works for the awesome fun pin that it is

#1365 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Let the hate flow. Wanna hear something crazy guys? I’d rather have a PeeWee film theme over imdn

2 months later
#1973 5 years ago

I listen while I'm on the bike. Couldn't take the last one Zach even though it took me less than 30 min to scroll through 2 hrs!

I like grape jelly but wtf.

#1975 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game is underwhelming period, no sense in sugar coating things. It doesnt suck but its not great either. Its a location game and not one that most people will want to buy. No way the LE’s sell out.

Bingo Who Dey!

Pros might do well but Premiums/LE's, no way.

Stern has to keep the line flowing and this is just another "filler pin" on the line now.

#1981 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Are we back to the rimjob references of the other thread?

Have no idea what that one refers to. Just the last 2 hr. slogfest. Sorry Zach. Brevity is a good thing.

#2077 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

So, more of this type of episode?

Yes. No more 2 hour slogs. . Unless you guys just love hearing yourselves talk.

Keep up the good work!

1 week later
#2388 5 years ago

That's freaking hilarious Zach!

That right hand wrench action is what its all about baby.

Need a strong crank to get good time.

Dude, the job wasn't finished, pull the glass, extract the rest of the BS and get us a good start! Did you peter out or what?

Is Will Ferrell your brother?

#2439 5 years ago

Tube socks, tighty whities and a headband would be the only thing that could have made that video better!

Oh wait, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

1 week later
#2531 5 years ago

GREAT review "cock gobblers"

Bottom line, comic book Deadpool blows. Ryan Reynolds DP film pin with nasty shit works, this don't.

Is it Lyman? Nope.

Just a "filler game" before Munsters.

#2648 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It's the fox news equivalent of a pinball podcast......

More like Msnbc and CNN Pathetic garbage 24/7

#2650 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I only watch the Russian news channel

Lol. So CNN?

1 month later
#2895 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I could see bitching about the price if there was an actual price

Oh its coming Zach, this is just the prelude

Like everybody is speculating, they aren't selling these to pinball people, like Supreme.

So who cares, announce Munsters at the same time.

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't think the majority, or anywhere close to it, are mad aboot it. I think lots of people just think it looks horrible. There's some real Beatles fans in there that had "their hearts broken" but that's going to happen everytime no matter what. eXpecially with a ka-pow angle I think most people knewm it wasn't going to be for them.
But again, I think most people are just a little chocked by the look of it. Hmm...well true there are people that never play games without ramps that are a little pissy.

Pinheads will weigh in right? Some people need to get a grip and understand that!

Yeah, its SUCKS, I will play games "without ramps", love em all, but not falling for this overpriced stupid BS. Yes its "overpriced" no matter what.

To me, as a long time buyer that has shoved $$$ their way the last several years, of which i love many of those, its a joke.

I think we are seeing the culmination of EGO and are F ed on this Seawitch reskin.

What's the price?

#2900 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Is the bubble bursting or are you just drunk again?

Lol. You and fellow Stern pumper Levi need to jump on this Beatles JG!

Gotta keep the hype machine running.

It is what it is, crapola, Xmas turd, and while I won't be buying Beatles, its a no go on Munsters too.

Bitch, whine and complain...that's what we do here, you know it.

#2938 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That old guy just left this at my house
[quoted image]

Oh man, one of the most fun 2 player games EVER. Congrats!

#2962 5 years ago

Man I love this guys! Wolfy Greg looks like he needs to take a crap really bad.

2 weeks later
#3134 5 years ago

100% agree

WOZ and WH20 #1 and #2

How you guys came up with Popeye and Flintstones though? Maybe the crack pipe wore off towards the end of the show?

Plus you guys missed Alien....that is a world under glass!

1 week later
#3259 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So apparently I sound like an abrasive asshat all the time, not matter what my actual intent. I’m not bothered that you reviewed it, or about anything you said. You generally said very nice things, so thanks for that. Of course I wouldn’t expect you to reach out to the creators of most things you review, but ccc is a special case, and I’m pretty accessible. Since there seemed to be some things about it that you weren’t certain on, I was just suggesting that you could have asked about any of. Those types of details beforehand. Like the bit about Betty Bart. She was always on the back glass, what I did was add her to the game.
Any way, carry on.

Would have been nice to hear from you Ep on CCC, no doubt.

Still would as a game I'd like to have. What else is there to say?

1 week later
#3458 5 years ago

Old School Zach...Once it hits your lips it just taste's so good!

Will Ferrell.

Congrats on game

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

By number 7 I could have summoned Frank The Tank for sure.

A good finale to the show would have been the Frank the Tank naked run around the block!

Love your unboxing vids brother!

#3462 5 years ago

#7 was awesome! You da man. Lmao

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

That's a good way to get alcohol poisoning my dude. Glad you got your game.

LOL....are you kidding me. He was a LONG ways away and his buddies need to be ashamed of themselves for not joining in the fun.

Now if that was 10 shots of Tequila then I'd really be impressed!

Man it looks like a kick ass game. Nice job Frank.

#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I knew someone was going to come back with that. According to the mayo clinic:
"A major cause of alcohol poisoning is binge drinking — a pattern of heavy drinking when a male rapidly consumes five or more alcoholic drinks within two hours, or a female rapidly consumes at least four drinks within two hours. An alcohol binge can occur over hours or last up to several days."
People can do what they wan't, I just find it a little alarming how often we downplay drinking.

LOL. Seriously consider what you just posted. Don't you know who Frank the Tank is?

He might not be feeling too good manana or puking tonight but I feel certain he'll be just fine.

2 months later
#3974 5 years ago

Zach,

You need to continue the Potc unboxing tradition of

1). Headband and tube socks

2). Make it a drinking game. Oktoberfest would obviously have been several Steins of beer!

3 years later
#5862 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I remember Clay posting a photo of the Ironman under playfield - looks as barren as TS4 - and ripping it a new one. “There’s nothing here!!”
Ironman was still a blast to play. As I’m sure TS4 probably is.
The big difference was - Ironman was $4000 bucks, give or take.
This thing is TWELVE THOOOOOOUSAND DOOOOLARS. Or $15,000 if you’re particularly insane.
Which is exactly why I am priced out of the NIB market. Hey - yeah, I can afford to buy them. But I won’t.
rd

Stern would sell an Ironman LE for $11k today RD

Slap an LCD screen in it and good to go

#5869 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I would say yes they feel stronger and more consistent especially during multiball. I’ve been playing mine a lot since our first impressions video and I have yet to bump up power which I typically always do out of the box on JJP games. On the other hand, the flippers still feel like JJP flippers, softer than a Stern. I haven’t felt the need to increase the power yet but I may bump them up in the future to get more power.
I watch Karl’s stream and heard him talk about weakness on the right flipper. He plays better and longer than me so I don’t doubt him a bit. When I okay I’ll put a couple games on it then take a break so I haven’t noticed significant differences in dropped strength yet.

That right flipper was missing a coil sleeve he found afterwards!

1 month later
#5894 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I can't believe people are still posting the "biased shill, paid off by the manufacturers" comments. I mean this happens after every single review.
Are people just now coming to these conclusions? I don't get it. Zach has been a distro for a very long time now.
I find SDTM videos very entertaining, and Iove Zach and Greg's personalities and interactions. I like to hear what they think of different games, but I certainly don't use their videos as buying advice.

It’s good entertainment and they are good guys.

It’s like anything else, whether it be DR or any other pin, only a dopey idiot who can’t think for himself would get “triggered” by their reviews.

I much rather look at their video reviews than hear the stupid blather coming from the angry mob brigade.

They contribute LESS than Zero!

#5909 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Dude I didn’t watch or comment on your content. My only feedback is I do not have an hour to watch a review on YouTube. Yes I think 65 minutes is to long to say B+.
I do not work for ColorDMD they do provide some compensation but I certainly didn’t do it for that. I think most people that color just do it for the love of the hobby and a way to contribute. I just help out when I can. I think the guys at ColorDMD are fantastic and they sell an amazing product. I’ll tell anyone that for free. It’s to bad you guys only recommend things you sell.
I don’t think it’s fair to ColorDMD to drag them into this. I have no connection to them and they have nothing to do with your TS4 review.
I was just kidding around but you generally seem to be struggling with internet feedback. Try not to take it seriously.

You are def the problem

#5911 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I colored a game years ago, I just want everyone here to know I don’t represent ColorDMD. Feel free to trash me personally all you like, I’m just your average asshole talking shit online.

And you do a good job of talking shit! Lol

As a fellow asshole, how do you “identify”. Just curious.

#5914 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

As a B+ asshole. Lol

Lol. I’m thinking A+ grade but hey, who knows.

#5915 1 year ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Hard to go any shorter when you feel you have to explain in detail your every thought, otherwise you will be considered a shill and unbiased! Or in your words producing an infomercial! Not trashing you personally! I literally said your work turned out good. But don’t act like this is the only time you have” given feedback” on our videos! Or are you trashing us? Guess I’m confused?

When you are explaining you are losing Greg.

Best to ignore it.

#5919 1 year ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

You are not wrong! I’ll give you that! But what is a true review with out some form of explanation of your thoughts! It would be weak and uninformed.

You guys dropped it in the stream.

That’s it. Drop the mic.

Much more than anybody else does.

We all know there is a shit show of idiots that can’t help themselves. Jealousy? Who knows.

It’s just entertainment and I appreciate it for one

I guarantee you there isn’t one dummy buying a game based on your grade! We like to see the review. Period.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.