stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

That was a great episode Zach!!!!!!.....besides me working 11hrs and staying up till 2 the night before playing your tron and you calling me at midnight to do that interview I have to admit I looked a bit rough...lol anyways keep up the good work!

I am thinking about selling my hobbit and getting a TRON. Good move or not?

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from Schmitty:

Hobbit=Tron+every mod
Both great games.....I'd say when your done with Hobbit, Tron would be a good replacement. That being said don't move on from the Hobbit until you totally understand the rule set before you "Wasp" it...lol...✌️

Oh I get the rules - now

Great game if you know them - no so much if you don't. Killed Smaug but took me 6 months to do it. Looking forward to another Keith update. The game still has some more code coming - and already great!

But man that TRON is my kind of awesome!

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from psexton:

I see talk about learning the rules, but they seem straight forward:
1) start Smuag multiball
2) complete a mode (any mode will do)
3) hit spinners to advance to Erbor
4) collect all dwarves
5) hit all 4 beasts
You can also try to kill Smuag during multiball.
rinse and repeat
Is there more to it than that?

That's about it. But in #2 there is alot of cool modes and fun to be had there. And the reward is to do 3 very cool mini wizard modes. And a final one coming. Also Keith said something about acquiring and using weapons - so hold on more coming

4 months later
#600 6 years ago

I love the Stop bullshitting us and make the Tron VE to Stern

I think TRON VE is a no-brainer - but every-time they release a vault and it isn't TRON I get the 'Are you f****** kidding me!?' feeling for sure.

I guess on a good note - IF they are going to do TRON again with an integrated LCD instead of DMD and other vault upgrades it will be worth the wait!

#606 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I’ll tell you what I’d like to see a LOTR more! With more vibrant better printed art! Make that pin an all around masterpiece!

I can get behind this too - though didn't the LE upgrade it a bit already?

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

though didn't the LE upgrade it a bit already?

On second thought the VE would likely produce a better printed playfield - and maybe better sound?

1 month later
#795 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Greg...fonts matter. They speak to either the effort taken into integrating the theme with the animation or being completely lazy. I dare you to put the arial font in JJP's Pirates of the Caribbean animations and get back to me to see if fonts are important. To me Pins are not only fun to play but works of art. I wouldn't say it would prevent me completely from buying a pin but it would definitely bug me.

Definitely agree - fonts are part of the display package, done wrong and they wreck the look of the display a good deal. Also, bad 'fonts' on the play field also hurt it a lot as well.

#796 6 years ago

By the way - you really quickly moved through Hobbs. While I know Keith and the crew have been hard at it on Pirates - I think missing the final wizard mode would have impacted your score a bit.

Still a amazingly beautiful machine and the LCD display and sound still may be the best out there.

Anyway, just wondered why there wasn't any more comments on the coding delays - and Hobbit is still one of my favs

#809 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Think of all the mods you could add. (Mirror blades arriving any day)

Going with xwing and armada miniatures is a good mod idea for star wars pin. Maybe throw in an xwing and a tie advanced too

#812 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Maybe a lot of software work, but they could have multiple game modes, including "simplified" rule version, that makes the games simple and linear.
Also, I really wish these new machines had WiFi/networking, where the community could post and compete with scores. Would be really cool to see a world wide top score and aim for it. Get in the top 25, etc etc.
We are in the age of cloud computing and WiFi everywhere. Probably this is really easy to implement.

Totally agree here. It would be great to get world wide scores (and location optional). Also, to be able to receive updates. Heck even announcements from the manufacturer about upcoming features/patches/or other games. Of course you could opt out of those things - but would be a great way to get more connected to an online world.

I bet JJP would only need a rather inexpensive USB wireless adapter and with their coding abilities it would be a slam dunk for them.

1 month later
#1118 5 years ago

Good list! I can only give my input on Stern, JJP, and B/W as I have a lot of plays on those pins - not so much on the other platforms/companies.

Best to Last order (top 3)

Stern: Walking Dead, TRON, Metallica (Iron Man, AC/DC and Star Trek honorable mention). This is a hard one to choose the top 3 - So I just went with the ones I think are the most fun.

JJP: Dialed In, Hobbit, WOZ (I agree with you on that one - though WOZ and Hobbit are very close)

B/W: Monster Bash, Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars

Love the show guys!

#1125 5 years ago

Going Solo? Band breaking up!? Just kidding...

Quoted from ZMeny:

Checkout SDTM Episode 60 where Zach hijacks the episode, talks IMDN Prem/LE, upcoming titles, and POTC, and calls some friends.

MB is going to be my next NIB for sure now. Imagine saying that 5 years ago

However, I will have to sell my Hobbit to get it. Right now, I just have room for 1 pin. Love TH, hoping I can play a few months on the new code that JJP is working on before it goes. I freaking LOVE TH, but I want to own other titles as well (for a while, then rinse repeat).

Good show - really dig the new Phone a Friend segment. Jeff was a good sport for sure.

Nice shout out to the podcasts - I will check them out too.

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I was with you on why you move Pins, except for that dog of a Star Wars in the background. Did that come back in or have you kept that all along?

Of course it would be better for Zach to chime in, but I took what he is saying is that he gets great pins - and not so great pins - so that he can play and review them, and then off to the next one.

The ones he likes most he may get a second (or third time).

1 week later
#1210 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Iron Maiden crushes POTC on all levels;

All levels huh? And you think Zach's review sucks?

So, just picking two....Do you think IMDN has better toys than a rocking pirate ship upper playfield? Or better display and animations?

I love the IMDN layout too, and agree with Zach that the theme will most definitely keep me from owning this pin.

If you can get past the theme, then congrats you have a great pin that you would be proud to own. Me, not so much.

#1214 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

So when you rank a pin really low like this

Are B+, and B scores really low now?

#1218 5 years ago

If this is a grail pin for you - or you love Iron Maiden music you have a winner for sure. For people that aren't in that category, it is going to take a hit in the reviews.

Quoted from musketd:

to each their own

100% agree with this. If we all just loved MM, AMF, and MB then why even buy anything else? Some will like JJP POTC more than IMDN, and others vice versa. All good man. We need people to like and buy different pins from different companies to keep the competition going.

#1252 5 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I can't thumbs up this statement enough. Admittedly I'm not in touch with my inner comic book self, but I've never heard of 90% of the supheroes coming out in movies these days. I don't blame Disney for flogging this for everything it's worth, when Deadpool 2 makes over $150M on it's opening weekend even though I've heard it's only a mediocre movie.

I can't blame Stern for making more pins based on Marvel. It is a major part of worldwide POP culture and I am all for making pins that play on that. Look at the top 10 all time worldwide (now I know this doesn't account for inflation or population increases) but marvel has 4 in the top 10: Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, and Black Panther. Go further top 15 then you can add in Iron Man and Captain America. The others in the top 10 are the likes of Avatar, Titanic, Star Wars, and Harry Potter. So I don't think it is a 'waste' of a good design to go with Deadpool or Guardians of the Galaxy. I would like to see Stern do another Avengers pin based on the Infinity War Part 1 and Part 2. We'll see.

That said, I very much like having music bands in the mix as well as original unlicensed games.

#1258 5 years ago

Ohhh goooood, another JJP vs Stern thread....

#1263 5 years ago

Guys, Zach gave the gameplay and layout As and said he loves the pin just hates the theme. Why can't the dude just vent on the theme without you iron maiden guys losing it?

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its the teams mascot that kicks the Steelers ass every year and the team that is going to win the Super Bowl this year........AGAIN! lol

Again? I don't think Cincinnati has ever won a superbowl?

EDIT: Just checked, they have been in 2 of them - back in 82 and 88 with both loses to San Fran

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Having a well rounded mix is ALWAYS better. You want LOTR/Hobbit to play for an hour a game, awesome. Great to cut that with some Flash Gordon/BSD/IM whatever...something quick.

This is why I am going to stay with my hobbit and get IM or TRON to complement it. I also would like to get MB (or AFM or MM) just because I really like those late 90 BW games.

A JJP, a Stern, and a BW trio. (all I have room and money for honestly)

#1333 5 years ago

Maybe the announcement of the ST VE was a knee jerk reaction by Stern to Zach's rating of a D for Iron Maiden theme as a way to shift attention away from IMDN?

1 week later
#1421 5 years ago

Good episode - love the Greg slow mo

Also, I was on pins and needles watching Hobbit possibly beat Iron Maiden by proxy over Guardians. Maiden fans would lose it. LOL (I can't say I prefer Iron Maiden over Hobbit because I haven't played it yet, but it will be hard from IMDN to beat Hobbit in my book - and the next code update may make that more likely). And yes, the theme really hurts it for me as well. This is a bummer man... that's uh... that's a bummer... (The Dude)

Anyway, to add my This or That:

TRON PRO vs Iron Man VE

EDIT: And to help pronouncing my name it is Gor-onic not Goro-nic.

4 weeks later
#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Am I crazy if I don't put either ketchup or mustard but I do toast the bun and put american cheese? Hot dogs right off the grill are the best.

Alright, that's it! Get out!!!

1 week later
#1671 5 years ago

I prefer SW over IMDN. Doesn’t mean IMDN isn’t good. I like playing IMDN a lot

#1673 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

SW is a touch ahead of IMDN at my house.

You guys have drugs or something in Michigan?

2 weeks later
#1845 5 years ago

Love Hate with Iron Maiden huh... some do, some don't... I know the feeling!

-Hobbit Owner

3 weeks later
#2123 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The host are good and im not worried about the inaccurate reviews

You mean his opinion isn't the same as yours - therefore it is inaccurate (or biased as others have said). Give me a break.

Maybe he should just make Iron Maiden #1 so you will be happy.

#2125 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hey thats a great idea since it deserves to be there or at least in the top 5 and i think most anyone could agree with that. However though as of right now it sits in 18th place out of 21 pins with games like AS, GB, WOZ, and many others ahead of it that shouldnt be. Its just personal opinion though and i get that but it sure does seem weird to see IMDN down there at the bottom of the list thats for sure. I understand why it got knocked down there to the bottom like it did but it just seems weird for it to be there.

Well, I disagree with your first two sentences, and agree with the first part of your third.
It's all opinion. IMDN wouldn't be in my top 10. But what difference does that make - a review is personal opinion. Why keep slamming SDTM reviews as incorrect? You keep giving the argument "Hey, they are nice guys, they are just wrong". Getting kind of old right?

Just do your top 20 for comparison?

#2130 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its not criticism at all and if it is, its constructive criticism and nothing more

And what constructive criticism is that? Their reviews should be more like what you want it to be?

Quoted from Who-Dey:

All true and i totally agree, but it just seems weird to look at the list of reviews

I don't think it looks weird - it looks like two guys opinions on what they like.

#2134 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don’t disagree with you but for example i just bought a new Cub Cadet mower. It got very high ratings but can you imagine if the reviewer hated the color yellow and ranked a lowes yard machine way higher than my Cub Cadet? See what im getting at here?

Not really. A mower is for mowing grass - color isn't too important (but pink with candy canes and gum drops might reduce sales).

Pinball is about fun and the whole experience. Theme can raise or lower how much fun you are having. I think if IMDN was done to bluegrass you would not like it as much. But I could be wrong.

#2139 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its all in good fun

For sure. Enjoy your IMDN regardless of where it ranks to others. I like Hobbit and that is all over the map on reviews. Those opinions - good or bad - doesn't affect how much I like it.

#2142 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I agree and one last thing. ....if they rank Deadpool ahead of IMDN im going to go off so fair warning is all i got to say about that! Lol

I don't know man...based on Greg and Zach's type of game you may be in trouble.

#2146 5 years ago

So Iron Maiden fans think that because Zach doesn't like IM he has a psychosis and is a Mommy's boy? Jeez - rough crowd.

You think IM is good rock? Try Pink Floyd, or Led Zeppelin, Rush, Boston, Van Halen, ZZ Top, the Who, Eagles, Rolling Stones - heck even AC/DC, Metallica, Aerosmith, Tom Petty, STYX .........

#2150 5 years ago

Well....yeah...so The Hobbit has a bad ass pan flute.

AND, it isn't even in the Pinside Top 10. WTF!

#2156 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

With that being said though the games modes has a video type game feel to it and i really like that also.

You will LOVE Deadpool then - as they are exactly that. (Video game feel - if that is what you meant)

#2157 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

my football team is so much better than yours is

Looks like you are projected #3 this year in the NFL

Oh wait, that is the conference .... oh no

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals-2018-team-preview-and-prediction

#2166 5 years ago

Oh yeah, Angels Envy is very nice. Here is to bourbon, Friday nights, and NFL football

ED591936-B9A9-426E-AAC4-B7D25B4CC916 (resized).jpegED591936-B9A9-426E-AAC4-B7D25B4CC916 (resized).jpeg
#2259 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have played the game Zach, not enough to comment on two catagories though. Hey at least im honest about that, thats more than i can say for you about your claim of being totally unbiased so how about that? I think what you are smelling is your own bullshit.

What the hell man....You need your medication!?

#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You could maybe even add one more interesting catagory to the grading process. You could have a yes or no box that says “would you buy this game.”? That would make things extremely interesting.

Actually this isn't a bad concept - but how that would be answered is also completely subjective:

1. Do you only buy A and better rated games?
2. Does "would you buy this game" mean it's a must buy? or just a good one to buy?
3. Does the asking price meet or is lower than what the 'rating' wound indicate?
4. What if you don't have room for the pin?
5. What is my budget for a pin. A BMW M4 is a great car - but it isn't a must buy for me.

Along those lines - I would consider a game an "F" if you asked me if I wanted it for free (and it be in mint condition). But had to keep it - would I want it? If I said no - well I think it would likely be an F

#2269 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That way zach could say. ...no i wouldn't buy IMDN because i just cant stand their music but if i did like Iron Maiden this game would be a must buy for me because its great in every way.

Iron Maiden again. Why are you so mad about this and lashing out so much.

My poorly made point I was trying to make is that 'would you buy it' is just a subjective extension of an opinionated rating. Now you are saying, yeah I rate it a B but if you like Iron Maiden it is a must buy? I just don't understand why you are so pissed off about it.

Sorry about the medication joke too - I was just trying to lighten up the "your own BS" post. My apologies.

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are right, you dont understand and its a private matter

Alright - fair enough.

#2282 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Damn this thread got heavy in a hurry!
Can we all just universally agree that all Gottliebs are nothing short of a dumpster fire?

While not pinball - they did get lightning in a bottle with Q*bert (video game)
Not really one of my favs - but it is iconic in video game pop culture.

#2283 5 years ago

Which is worse - dumpster fire or hot garbage? I like using both of those

#2377 5 years ago
Quoted from snappahead:

Looking forward to the review guys. Zach is taking me back with that outfit.

Love the socks. Well played!

1 week later
#2462 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Great show no surprise. Awesome. This or That show consideration. How about a more aggressive spin segment of that show with a F#$@, Marry, Kill themed for pinball: (similar to the Stern show)
F#%@ = Play and flip
Marry = Must keep in collection
Kill = Hauled to curb and smashed
You Must pick one for each category!
CV - Houdini - SWpre
TNA - Deadpool - CFTBL
POTCjjp - DI - IJ

Ah, a Step Brother interview type of game...

#2464 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

"This or that, Houdini or The Hobbit"
Greg "Both"
Zach "Both"[quoted image]

Instead of both - perhaps flip a coin if they are that close. Or just go with Hobbit - that is the right answer.

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am talking about - I haven't played Houdini....

1 week later
#2503 5 years ago

This or that, Hobbit SE or MBr?

#2562 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Greg in general looks like Reagan haha

I think he was saying you were Reagan .... maybe in that shirt it is Greg and Ronald

#2563 5 years ago

For what it’s worth I think the caricatures are pretty good

1 week later
#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

5 rings of men!

ooops!

#2785 5 years ago

It was a fun show to watch. But I usually play for money, unless it is with the wife - then we play for uh....

Hilarious ending none the less. I think Greg really wanted that win...maybe next time sucka!

4 weeks later
#2976 5 years ago

Good show and nice review. I too would like a MBr - though I am not sure I can part ways with my hobbit for it (though I am tempted!)

I can only have/afford 1 pin so I guess I will hold on to Hobbit a bit longer. Though I am strongly looking at the remakes for sure.

#3016 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

All of this unjustified hate for The Hobbit...tisk tisk

I agree, I know it’s not for everyone but the hate is amazing to me. Hobbit is better than WOZ and DI, and I like those pins too. I haven’t played POTC yet so I don’t know if I will like it more or not.

#3019 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Same-y groups of modes, poor progression direction, and lacking "just one more game" feeling due primarily to ridiculously long ball times, but secondarily to boring gameplay (see:same-y mode grouping). There's a few more for you next time someone asks.
I'm not saying YOU can't like it. Just that there are definite reasons *I* don't. I'm not alone. It's literally the only JJP they're not making anymore. Jack gave up trying to sell it, and that's saying the MOST about market reception to the title (besides the low-and-falling resale values). Jack is tenacious - if HE gave up, you know it's bad.

My understanding is that JJP is going to build more hobbits. Did they announce that is not the case?

#3024 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Last I heard they were done after Black Arrows stuck around like an unwanted in-law.

Did you say you heard that from Jack or some one at JJP. Not saying your wrong, just wondering where you heard that.

#3025 5 years ago

Definitely the wrong thread to discuss JJP games, and which is best, but I think WOZ is prettier than hobbit. I just prefer shooting Hobbit over WOZ.

I bring this up because I hear often that Hobbit is the best looking, not sure I agree. And I can already hear the response, who cares what it looks like, gameplay is more important

#3027 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So a few things....
DI is now the best game out there with the new code. I always thought it felt a little too prescriptive but the new code makes the theatre have a purpose along with all those random targets. It's an unbelievable update.
WoZ is a great game, not better than DI but better than Hobbit which itself got an amazing update but that pf designstill holds it back for me.
Even though Zach was so wrong about Houdini (still can't believe he said ToM was worse than Houdini - never forget!) he was totally right about the shadow. That game is great. I even like the music now. Bought my second one and yes Zach with color and some other mods it is no question a 4k+ game! I'm a believer!
4k virtual pin with force feedback with vpx software = a great addition to the pin lineup.

This and my posts, along with Zach and Chuck, just illustrate again how subjective game preference is...play em before you buy em, and get what YOU like

#3039 5 years ago

These hobbit lover and hater back and forths are getting old. Perhaps someone can create a hobbit sucks thread and just rip it there and not in every other thread? Anyway, back to MBr or the next this or that.

I have one MM and ToM or AFM and MB. You can use remakes...

#3047 5 years ago

SDTM and friends,

I am digging MBr LE more and more and am starting to consider selling my hobbit (sigh) and getting the MBr LE. Good idea? This or That!?!?

I am dying here...

The skinny - It will be a single pin for home use situation.

Hobbit Points:
- Awesome for new and intermediate skill players
- Deep rules ideal for home use (so many modes you can play in any order - and the wizard modes are incredible)
- Amazing story telling game with JJP quality LCD and animations
- Move clips GALORE!
- Music and callouts are top notch (perhaps best to date in pinball) - especially after the 3.0 code
- I really enjoy owning and playing this pin

MBr Points:
- Best MB ever made
- No other points needed

So, what do you think? Keep Hobbit or get MBr!?!?

EDIT: MB is one of my favorite pins of all time...but Hobbit is as well.

#3052 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

How good of a player are you?

Not too good...about as good as Greg?

Just kidding. Intermediate I would say. 3M hobbit score help LOL....

Another way of looking at it...if I played Zach I would probably get smacked in the face

#3057 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

This Just In...
In a strange turn of events, Pinball Artist Christopher Franchi just joined Team Zach! Franchi is usually a Greg fan, but we here at Team Zach are delighted to have his talent on this team! Where ya at Greg Bone?[quoted image]

I don’t know Zach, that picture is too busy?

#3078 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

THIS OR THAT?
KaPow Beatles Gold or KaPow Batman 66 Premium?
Beatles Gold or Oktoberfest?
Beatles Gold or MBr SE (shipping included)?
Beatles Platinum or JJPOTC CE?
Beatles Diamond or JJPOTC SE + Dialed In SE + Hobbit LE?
Beatles Diamond or IMDN Premium + GOTG Premium + TNA + Metallic LED Pro (all NIB)?
TOUGH CHOICES!
I like the look of the Beatles pin and I would consider buying a Gold, if it were in the 6k range.

Wow - you are quite the Beatles fan...

Knowing you are that much of a fan I would say 'THIS' for your first 4 and 'THAT' for 5 and 6

#3082 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

This or That: High Point, NC > K-Vegas, NC
also.... THAT for all options listed previously.

That is a tough one!

1 week later
#3138 5 years ago

1. MM
2. WOZ
3. JJPPOTC

#3183 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Highly, carry an EpiPen at all times incase any fun breaks out.

LOL. I think top 10 lists are just for laughs and very light hearted

1 week later
#3300 5 years ago

Side note - my internet went out today for 3 hours and I though my wife and kids were going to have a panic attack. What the hell is the world coming to?

Also, why is it that I am always late to the cool party. Years ago vinyl records were easy to find in near mint condition for cheap - now that I get into vinyl you can't find anything good at goodwill, yard sales, or record stores unless you pay way more than you used to. Same goes for pinball - I got into this around 4 years ago when prices are at the highest they have ever been and climbing. When I see the machines people were getting 10 years ago - and how much they got them for I can't believe it.

Oh and don't get me started on my latest love about 2 years ago - bourbon. FML

#3407 5 years ago

Good stuff guys - it would be hard to pick and rank my top 10.

Hobbit, Stern Star Wars Premium, and MB would be in there though somewhere...

#3420 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Your list is MUCH better. I was getting concerned until The Shadow finally showed up. If that was missing, I was pulling your pinball credentials. Swap WoZ for Hobbit and Iron Maiden for Star Wars and your list would be extremely respectable. Those slipups dropped the list to merely competent.

I think those swaps would be making it worse. Just goes to prove everyone has a top 10 that is unique. And not wrong as Greg’s favorites are far from mine, but it’s what he likes most so it is the perfect list for him

#3434 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

To Zach and Greg, my challenge to you is to pick just one... one machine available publicly and playable RIGHT NOW to play for the rest of your life on a deserted island... and discuss. Maybe start out challenging each other with a title... and have the other shoot it down until you reach the ultimate desert island pin.

I think they did that - sort of - on a This or That (shot from the dashboard of a road trip). I think it was "If you can only own one pin which would it be?". If I recall Zach said Hobbit, DI, or LOTR ... and after more thought decided on LOTR. Which I think was his #1 favorite as well. I can't recall Greg's - sorry

#3438 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

zmeny - your JJPPOTC was delivered yesterday, yes? And.....

He hasn't been on here in a few hours...My guess is that he is playing it

#3484 5 years ago

I guess with Willy Wonka you will have to eat a whole chocolate bar every 5 minutes...

#3486 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Seriously though, if that was straight up and you're a casual drinker... OUCH.

I would have a major headache at least. And I drink Scotch or Bourbon a few times a week.

#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Yeah it’s tough. MBr is so pretty and so much fun. It shoots fantastic with very satisfying shots. POTC is also beautiful, shoots really well and is just neat as hell to play. The main difference is the depth! POTC is going to keep your interest longer as you explore and discover new things in the code. But it is a bit tougher Pin then mbr. Tough decision but man I do like pirates.

Hobbit or POTC Greg? Maybe it is time for me to switch mine out...though I need a little extra cash to go added to my hobbit trade. Maybe talk Zack into selling me his down the road

Also I agree with MBr vs POTC - for a small collection at home POTC will probably give you more millage - but in a larger collection (say more than 5 pins) the MBr is a must have IMO.

1 month later
#3675 5 years ago

Monsters was before my time and I have maybe seen a bit of it. That is to say I vaguely remember what it is. No one in my house had a clue about the show. Looks sort of interesting but I have no interest in owning. Happy for those that liked the show and are excited about the pin.

#3693 5 years ago

When I buy again I'll give you a call Zach!

#3712 5 years ago

That escalated quickly

1 week later
#3753 5 years ago

Cabinet art for the aquaman pinball coming soon from Stern

3 months later
#4239 4 years ago

This or that:

LOTR + MMr + IMDN or WOZ + TH + JJPOTC

#4242 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

An all JJP lineup wouldn’t sit well with me.
Gimmie door number 1.

That's a good point. Diversity may be the key - they are also all wide bodies.

10 months later
#4953 4 years ago

This or that:

Hobbit and TRON Pro Or Dialed In and Iron Man Vault

1 month later
#4979 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

But... it doesn't. You could give me a theme about toilet paper, but if zombie yeti did the art and Keith Johnson doing code, with Keith Elwin doing the game design, I'd be in here asking everyone strategies on how to get better scores in "wipe your ass mutiball."

That would be a good game - and even better with a good theme.

#4980 3 years ago

And I agree - vault LOTR

1 month later
#5132 3 years ago

Interesting that Zachs #1 Shadow is like Gregs #21st, and you can see Gregs love of the Jurassic Park theme in his top 10. Both are the correct top 10 for them.

Moral of the story: everyone will have their own top 10 and what style of game they prefer. My Top 10 has the hobbit in the top 5

10 months later
#5611 2 years ago

Very cool news Zach and Greg! I have been considering getting a Golden Tee one day ...

My other non-pinball hobbies are coral reef tanks, scotch and bourbon, and poker chip collecting.

318F6A57-2C3B-4C95-8800-58250B9DC3A1 (resized).jpeg318F6A57-2C3B-4C95-8800-58250B9DC3A1 (resized).jpeg
2 years later
#6089 10 months ago

I'm very important...and my gameroom smells of rich mahogany

#6093 10 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Damn, I’m jealous! And yes 1000% I would love a Magic Kingdom machine. Each ride is a mode. Man, so much there.

I’ll just take the magic kingdom TRON legacy vault please

3 weeks later
#6123 9 months ago

Impossible list to get unanimous agreement. Not a bad list for sure. Only head scratcher for me is Ghostbusters, but it is gorgeous pin with good music so that helps it too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goronic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=goronic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.