stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3702 5 years ago

I called Flip N Out pinball this morning to get Escalera pricing and got to speak with the man himself, Zach. Could not be happier with our conversation, and I think the approach they are taking with SDTM is perfect. I'm excited to see their continued videos and streams, and also happy to say that Zach comes across on the phone as the exact same type of what you see is what you get average Joe guy as you see on SDTM, and that is truly refreshing. I'll be ordering an Escalera from him very soon!

#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thats where my business is going! FYI, get the Longer (66) Escalera if you get one and make sure to get the large wheel kit. I did the shorter one and wish I went with the other. Just much easier to control on stairs with the longer load triangle.

Yea the 66 plus big wheel plus forklift is what I’m planning on.

#3708 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Wow thanks buddy. Looks forward to working with you soon. Escalera Fork Lift model with big wheels is the ultimate package man. That’s my favorite setup too.
Thanks for supporting Greg and I with SDTM. We are just as fired up to produce pinball content as we were at the beginning, of not moreso now.

Do you know when you’re ordering escalera this week? I might order this week.

#3710 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah looking to put in an order this week. call or email me and we will make it happen.
[email protected]
847 778 4876

Thanks Zach. Email sent, no rush.

2 weeks later
#3834 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

No problem. We love that game and it doesn’t get the love it deserves. Glad you’re enjoying it! Good call going prem/le.

The one thing holding me back on a SW Prem is that I hear the Death Star fork shot can be “inconsistent” due to the design. Is there a way to adjust it?

1 week later
#3847 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Size Does Matter!
SDTM Episode 87: Godzilla Pinball Machine Review

Woo new video!

#3849 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Godzilla review? Whut??
We want a Munsters Pro review Homey!!

I think they are doing more of a "impressions" video on new pins rather than a review, since Zach now sells them fancy stern machines. At least that was my understanding but I could be wrong.

#3851 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im close to buying one and if Zach telle me it sucks then i save 5 grand!
P.S. Just kidding, im buying one no matter what he says!

Buy it from him!

1 week later
#3864 5 years ago

Great video. Zach and Greg you guys are killin' it. Easily my favorite pinball show/youtube/video group and with the changes you have made, it's just getting better. It's awesome to see you growing!

#3865 5 years ago

On a personal note about Zach and Flip N Out - I have to share my experience! I had spoken with Zach several times as I bought an escalera from him (arrives next week) and then later, I purchased a NIB GotG premium from Zach and he shipped it immediately when he received the wire transfer, as he had it in stock. A couple days later it was at my door, and it's my first NIB purchase, so for me this whole experience was a big deal. (you always remember your "first") I had a problem with a part out of the box that affected the orb drop target. I was able to disable the target and play the game without for now. Zach immediately got hold of Stern on my behalf and 2 days later I have the replacement part already. Big kudos to Zach and Stern for the quick service. The new part solved my issue and the game is purring like a kitten. I could not be happier with this entire experience, and look forward to purchasing more pins from Zach and Flip N Out in the future.

We have a big party this weekend and Zach thank you for making it a memorable one with our new pin!

1 week later
#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

First production American Pinball Oktoberfest streaming live on SDTMpinball on Twitch! Come check it out
https://www.twitch.tv/sdtmpinball

I want to like this pin so badly. But the parts of the code with rock music just KILLS the theme integration.

#3960 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I agree. In no way feels like it should be limited to October. It’s has such a bright fun vibe it would work any time.
I have to say it went over very very well at Louisville Expo! I personally was really happy to see the changes that were made. Would like to see a few changes in animations but other than that i had a blast on it! Really has a lot going for it!

Fun fact, Oktoberfest is actually held in september for the majority of the festival.

#3966 5 years ago

Man I love this pin, but the animation and music kill it for me. I'll play it on location, but cannot bring myself to buy it. I'm hoping the music can be modified, in which case I'd consider one, since the animations would be fine if that was the only flaw.

#3982 5 years ago

What is "GC" short for lol

2 weeks later
#4002 5 years ago

Both your personalities and on camera chemistry is great. You should be involved in anything pinball related. You guys make a great “face” for pinball events, streams, videos, etc.

1 week later
#4013 5 years ago

Can't fault a guy for selling a pin that he just isn't feeling. Happens all the time.

#4032 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What’s up SDTM fam! This damn train ain’t going off the track. We just added some cool ass stops along the way. TWIPYs was a major undertaking. Then, our followup work will be revealed Friday and will be viewed by many for years to come! Exciting times, you’ll be thrilled about the detours we have taken.
Our next recording session will be good ol’ Greg and Zach in front of the camera, bullshitting about pinball, busting each other’s chops, presenting a This Or That, recording Alice Cooper and Beatles reviews, slapping one another in the next Face Off, unboxing Black Knight, etc.
We appreciate your patience, it’ll be worth it.
Oh and for those of you going to MGC this weekend, find me at Flip N Out Pinball for a chance at a Wonka Bar where five lucky people will find a Golden Ticket redeemable for a bad ass Flip N Out Prize Package.
Let’s Kick This Shit?

You had me at wonka bar.

C5C69297-66EC-485C-A0D0-A1B6FC6A8A62 (resized).jpegC5C69297-66EC-485C-A0D0-A1B6FC6A8A62 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#4057 5 years ago

I ended up with his Star Wars. So Zach went 2 for 2 on show games.

#4061 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I had a first hand look at how hard Zach and Greg worked on gathering that material for the vids. All I can say is that it was extremely time consuming for them but even more impressive when you look at the results. Nicely done, guys! I hope to see more of these vids on pinball reveals.

Agreed. The videos they put are are the best in pinball.

#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

TWIP Podcast Episode 42 features SDTM’s Cary Hardy. We talk Wonka, Black Knight, Beetlejuice, & More!

Quote of the podcast is Zach saying: I just wanna see him on an LCD screen saying "ya know what I mean" and honking his junk.

#4074 5 years ago

You haven’t played it yet have you.

While it’s not game changing innovation, there is innovation there. Once you see and play in person, you’ll better understand what the game offers.

Quoted from delt31:

Listened to the podcast - as always I enjoyed it. I have to drop some immediate knowledge though on this gushfest that was the Wonka review. Sorry but I have to call this out. Side note - awesome intro video you did for JJP.....
Zach - you don't know how anyone can talk bad about this game? Really? Cmon now. Your guest says it's b/c they are stern fanatics? Hardly. I'm a huge JJP guy - disappointed is the feeling I have especially around the innovation or lackthereof in Wonka. The weaknesses have been outlined so well on pinside and these aren't crazy people. I don't think anyone is disappointed in the way it shoots. It's how this game was so hyped by the inside crowd and that same crowd continues to just ignore the blatant disappointments of this game. Not sure why (although I can def tell Kaneda is beginning to reel it in a little - good to see).
You said wonka is as good as games get in pinball? It's these broad stroke statements that are so frustrating to hear just like kaneda did as well. Can you guys stop hyping the shit out of this game? Let's just see it roll out and go from there. Face value, folks like me can see through the BS and picked this game apart rightfully so. It's def a good game. It DEF is a smooth shooter. It's def not as good as pinball can get b/c it's a major step backwards in innovation and "stuff" to do compared to JJPs previous game POTC and it's currently losing to DI as well (innovation) so how could you reward this step backwards? Not sure.
This Wonka ass kissing is getting annoying - almost as bad as when you said Houdini is better than ToM. Good lord.
OK - rant over. I always like hearing your point of view but it's starting to damage reputations as you guys continue to ass kiss this game all day and not say 1 bad thing about it. Even though I'm not a 10/10 on this game, I still can see myself buying it b/c it does a lot of things well. It's just not necessary to ignore weaknesses to get the point across. General takeaway - I want classic critical Zach back. I know the game has changed so maybe that's just not possible anymore which I get but damn it, we need more classic zach!

#4081 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Tough to read this and not feel let down Delt. You calling me an “ass kisser” and I’m attempting to “bullshit” people is not welcomed. What evidence do you have that I’m kissing anyone’s ass? And who’s ass? The only ass I kiss is my wife’s. As a distro, I have plenty of stuff to sell, what does that have to do with Wonka. I guess distributors cannot be huge pinball fans? Wtf. Come on man, you really think I’m fucking with people just to sell games?!?! If you believe that, you know nothing about me. Plenty of distros are full of shit. I got into this to be different. Sorry, these descriptors of me are ridiculous. And my reputation being questioned because Willy Wonka is one of my favorite films ever made?
Remind me again what I’m doing wrong? Expressing my excitement for a great game? I’d love to hear the negatives, let’s discuss.
- The logo font being extracted and not perfectly replicated.....really?
- Artwork that doesn’t blow your mind on the Standard Edition that is now $1000 cheaper?
List them here and we can discuss.

Appreciate the kind words. I’m pumping games I like, that will never change. If I don’t like something you won’t hear from me.

There have been games I have inquired about with Zach that he sells, but will say if he doesn't recommend for me or he doesn't like them himself. He could lie to me to make a sale, but that's not in his nature and not how he does business. He's been an incredibly honest distributor. I even wanted to buy an MBrSE from Zach recently, but he didn't have any in stock, so instead he sent me to Kingpin since he had them available at MGC and Zach knew I'd be there. I bought an MBr from Kingpin. So, I'm buying my Wonka from Zach, and more pins in the future I'm sure. I always try to be respectful when I'm taking up his time, and in return he's responsive and always makes me feel valued as a customer, and you can tell he just loves to talk pinball.

So - no, he's not talking up Wonka just so he can sell a few more pins.

Delt31 I know you haven't played Wonka yet, and that's part of the issue. Standing over it and playing it is very different than in person. I got to play it at MGC and was amazed. The first night we got to the hotel room and watched videos and it was underwhelming. The next day we played the pin again and it was back to amazing. The game needs to be seen and played. If all you've seen is video, then you haven't really experienced the pin.

#4087 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

DELT31 has forgot more about pinball than you will ever know. I think he knows whats good and what isnt and this game is nothing special and its overpriced just like the rest of their games always have been. Even with the $1,000 dollar price drop its still too damn high. People probably wouldn’t even care whether it sucks or not but Kaneda pumped this game up like it was the greatest pinball machine ever made in the history of pinball and it ended up being a lackluster game with shitty artwork and kid multiball. If you’re going to charge these kind of prices then you better f*cking deliver or be prepared to take some heat. $7500- $12,500 for one of these, are you effing kidding me JJP???

Delt31 has my respect, I enjoy his forum posts, and I'm pretty sure he would take my post as also being very respectful. Him and I see eye to eye on quite a few things. You, however, use ad hominem in desperation since you think you know everything about everyone else, and anyone who disagrees with you is somehow unworthy to be here.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im just busting his balls, he knows that. Im not offended by what he likes and dislikes. We are all different and we all like different things.

And yet, you attack people personally, simply because they don't agree with you.

#4090 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

and here i thought you got it from me because you liked me... (insert crying kids from some late night infomercial looking for money)

Oh I do like you Chris! It's why when Zach pointed me to you, I had no reservation about buying from you. You were super busy and I felt bad taking up your time asking you about it while you were trying to set up for the show. I would not hesitate to buy a game from you again in the future either, and am sure I will. It's nice to have multiple solid distributors to buy from in case one has something in stock that another doesn't, etc.

1 week later
#4119 5 years ago

Love it love it love it

#4142 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SEASON 3 SDTM Episode 89: This Month In Pinball is back and the guys discuss Black Knight, Willy Wonka, and general inappropriate topics...

Lots of cheeseheads just went #TeamZach

edit: I look forward to the first TWAIP episode

#4187 4 years ago

Zach do you guys have a patreon or something for those who wish to donate to help the SDTM show?

2 weeks later
#4279 4 years ago

Streaming, podcasts, YouTube, and still finds time to sell and support pinballs. And still answers my Sunday texts.

Zach please work more it’s clearly not enough. :p

PS. Find me a used Aerosmith or Metallica pro.

#4289 4 years ago

I'm 100% with Zach on TAF. It's fun but gets old quick. It feels very dated to me.

1 week later
#4357 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

To me, clunky games are shots that feel loose and sound clunky. ACNC is smooth when you hit the shots, extremely smooth. Maybe it’s a definition or semantics situation, because let’s face it Delt, I’m not wrong And I’m still the same OG Zach, honest and correct bwahahaha

I was just about to say something similar. Maybe it’s the nomenclature. To me:

Clunky = game that bricks a lot of shots and when you do make shots they aren’t smooth or good feeling

Tight = game that has difficult shots that brick if you miss but are smooth and satisfying to hit

To me ACNC is tight. But the shots feel great.

#4361 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well to make things easier, b/c I don't know the "accepted" pinball nomenclature (hilarious - only on a pinball forum), this game is a brick fest BUT when you do hit the shots, they are smooth. If that's tight vs clunky, then the game is tight. OK?
OG Zach would call out when a game isn't good. I loved that guy. New age Zach admits he will stay silent (I wonder why?). Dagger.
OG Greg would say.............wait a minute? Greg hasn't changed since day 1. Sweet.
Bone - hope the real estate gig is doing well.

Zach doesn’t sell spooky pinball so if you’re implying he’s sold out, I think that’s pretty uncalled for. :/

The nomenclature thing was just being silly. Don’t take all of this so serious. :p This is all in good fun and that’s the best part of Zach and Greg. Just two guys talking pinball. I may be in the minority but I’m with Zach on this game.

Zach, can’t catch a break. People complain you and Greg always agree. When you don’t both agree, people complain about the one they dont agree with.

#4371 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - now it's put up or shut up time for one of us.....I'm literally quoting you (or so I thought). Double checking.....
Yep - here we go. This is what I'm referring to. I'm not implying any of this Zach. These are your words right buddy?
btw - your show is at it's peak when both of you guys are running full throttle, not just Bone. This back and forth might come off as I'm putting you down but that's not it. I really enjoyed your show when you guys were OGing, or I should say when you were. I want OGZ
POST #4079 - Zmeny
"Appreciate the kind words. I’m pumping games I like, that will never change. If I don’t like something you won’t hear from me."
Please Zach - explain to me why your position has now changed to, and I'm quoting sensitive new Zach, "If I don't like something you won't hear from me".

I believe the context is for games he sells. Which I get. But it’s also why he generally doesn’t review games he sells now.

If you think he won’t say anything negative, did you not watch the TAF review they just did? Zach made his negative opinions there quite known. Baywatch too wasn’t exactly glowing either from what I recall.

So you’re accusing him of holding back negative opinions when he clearly is not holding back negative opinions? I’m confused.

#4395 4 years ago

The MB left ramp sucks on the remakes. It rejects direct/strong shots because of the way it was made. Lots of people complaining about it on MBr thread. I'm one of them lol. :p

But on originals it is awesome.

edit: 100% agree on star wars warp ramp shot to the hyper loop. If you have the game set up correctly, it's totally doable even if hard to make. And when you do and they start flinging around that loop, and then you're trying to add more for the MB OMG ITS AWESOME.

#4399 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’ve never had issues with that MB ramp, Remake or original, but I have with LOTR left ramp (similar in some ways). On the ones I’ve played it always been smooth as butter

Good to know, I submitted a ticket with CGC to see if I can get it resolved. Maybe I have a defective ramp wireform or something. Playing my buddy's OG monster bash and mine is totally different on the left ramp. We are both set around 7.0 degrees but his is butter smooth for all shots, direct, strong, medium, etc. Mine rejects most shots of direct, strong, medium, etc.

1 week later
#4459 4 years ago

Sharing my own personal experience, I went to buy a pin from Zach and he talked me out of it because he knew I would regret it later. Even though he knew he would lose a sale. He then had me go to a different distributor to buy a pin he sells but didn’t have in stock, but he knew who had one available at MGC for a show discount to boot. Zach is the last distributor I’d expect to sell out. Take that to the bank!

2 months later
#4636 4 years ago

Watching now. It is glorious. You had me at hello.

#4638 4 years ago

One of the best videos you guys have done. That intro was amazing.

Also - "that's one big pile of shit" LOL

4 months later
#4909 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Haha I am a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, specializing in psychological evaluation.

Well now when I see you I'm just going to feel like you're analyzing me.

1 year later
#5464 3 years ago

Ohhh I can’t wait to watch it. I bet some feathers will be ruffled.

Quoted from ZMeny:

HOT OF THE PRESS, NEW SDTM!!!
Top 10 Most Overrated Pinball Machines Of All Time
Help support SDTM by sharing this video!
Warning: Adult Language
Pinball
#top10
#overrated
#sdtmpinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider f3honda4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=f3honda4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.