stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericc123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#204 6 years ago

Schmitty was very hard to hear. Nice interview but maybe a mic next time.

1 month later
#300 6 years ago

Zach, you said in the GotG thread that there will be two songs from the movie in the game. Can you reveal your source or how certain you are that this will indeed be the case? Also, I agree with everyone else your first impression video kicks ass.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

nice video guys, yeah easter eegs was good.
gotta say pro is the way to go on this one. i agree artwork is the best.
what about call outs, let's hope it's not a red neck kind of voice but one of the actor.

I think the best suggestion I've heard is when Groot keeps saying "I am Groot" to have a Rocket Raccoon sound alike say things like, "what do you mean shoot the right orbit that's crazy" or something similar.

1 month later
#426 6 years ago

Zach and Greg, sorry for being daft, but where do we send the code words once we get all of them?

2 weeks later
#439 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Enjoyed the episode, my two cents GotG is the Anna Kournikova of pinball. She sure looks good but doesn't really play that well.

#447 6 years ago

I thought it was a good review also and fair. Heck, you even justified why you were reviewing it with the current code and left the door open to go back to review it again. Can't get much more fair then that.

#458 6 years ago

Another great episode guys. I'm in on a Houdini and anxiously awaiting your review. Oh, and Greg won. lol

#467 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

What's so funny about pounding 2 balls deep into the mid playfield area?????

Absolutely nothing, why what have you heard???

2 weeks later
#500 6 years ago

I'm sure that I'll have to wait for your review, but if you don't mind a little spoiler, is the right hand side incredibly tight? I looked like you kept getting rejected shooting the ramp and that appears to be the case for every game play video that I've watched. That is the only major concern for me at this point.

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Didn't Zach mention in the stream that he turned down the strength of the flippers?

He did but the ramp rejections I'm referring to aren't just Zach's. Every video I can find of the game play seems to indicate the same problem.

#527 6 years ago

I’m not sure if I’m in the minority but I really like the animations. I feel like they fit the theme perfectly and add value for me. I was a history major in school so I also love the factoids. If the game is too wordy you can adjust it in the settings or hold the flippers to cancel it out so no big deal there. My only concern that has continued to trouble me is the tightness of the shots on the right side. I also trust Zach and Greg to be impartial so if they review it positively that’s good enough for me to stay in on it.

#567 6 years ago

Top notch show as always. Made me very comfortable waiting for my Houdini. Thanks guys.

1 week later
#593 6 years ago

This is one of the most enjoyable videos yet. I can’t decide which made me laugh harder you listing Greg’s phobias or telling Homepin to go to hell. Great job as always guys keep them coming!

1 week later
#627 6 years ago

If you make a redneck pirates show I’m watching.

4 weeks later
#808 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I think Greg may have alluded to this but too many modes, too much unnecessary complications does not make a great pinball. I know that I'm in the minority but I'm fast becoming a critic of games designed and programmed from a tournament player's perspective. 40X multiplier anyone?

I’m not sure that you’re in the minority. I know I’d much rather buy a new game with a unique toy or great theme integration than a game that is just one big math equation.

1 week later
#870 6 years ago

I'm about half an hour into your TPF walk through. Good stuff as usual. Thanks for being the man on the ground Zach.

#904 6 years ago

Honed the bone AND hanging out with the cool kids??? #teamZach

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha the thing looks like it shoots amazing! If I wouldn’t have just bought another pin I would certainly think about it

What pin did you pick up Greg?

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Let’s try something different!
SDTM will be airing Episode 55 This Or That? LIVE on Twitch around 8/7c @sdtmpinball. Play along tonight live with us in chat and see the prerecorded episode before it drops next week on YouTube.
- Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle or Total Nuclear Annihilation ?
JJP Pirates of the Caribbean or Houdini ?
- And more!
See ya there!

Sounds like fun. I'm in but make sure Greg has a beer and you have a Pepsi so you are both alert and good to go.

2 weeks later
#1041 6 years ago

Another great episode as usual, and while I agree with Zach's assessment that that JJP POTC is is still loaded, I can't help but feel like they created their own problem by showing the game in October. You said it best with your IMDN comments, Stern shows a game and two weeks later it's in your house. There was no real reason to show this game at Expo and now people will always feel like they are missing something. In this case ignorance would have been bliss.

On a side note hillbilly Indiana Jones might be the best thing you guys have ever dreamed up. Where was the cut and past job on that one?

Keep up the good work guys.

1 week later
#1083 6 years ago

Wow, Greg’s infectious good mood has put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. Great job guys, I really like a quick bite sized review from time to time.

2 weeks later
#1121 5 years ago

Can't watch this at work, but I'm looking forward to viewing it tonight. Can't wait to see what Zach taking over looks like lol

#1186 5 years ago

TSPP would have been my vote until I got my Houdini. Rosh put a crazy amount of work into that game.

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You point makes perfect sense, the current multiplayer on a journey style game isn't ideal. Again why not borrow a concept from video games and set up online play or a LAN Party. There is so much that could be done and you right some of it may fall flat and be a waste of time but it also might be amazing. You complaint is more about ball time and nothing to do with the style of code.

P3 Multimorphic is the closest to what you have described. I’m not sure how well it’s working out up to this point but I agree that some form of online play could definitely have merit.

1 week later
#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Prepare for the Return of What’s His Name!!

But will it be as his hillbilly pirate or hillbilly Indiana Jones persona? I can't wait to find out on the next exciting episode of STDM...

#1228 5 years ago

Zach and Greg’s show is made for entertainment purposes. I also happen to agree with their review, and while I agree that people respect their opinions, do you really think people decided not to buy Iron Maiden based off of their review? There are so many threads on Pinside about the game that it will make your head spin, Dead Flip streams, YouTube videos, and the game is readily available on location to play yourself and form your own opinion. At the end of the day it’s a great new Stern game but it’s not for everyone. Most people can decide that on their own without SDTM telling them what to do.

1 month later
#1568 5 years ago

Already downloaded it and will listen to it when I have some time. A great surprise because I thought the show was cancelled.

3 weeks later
#1721 5 years ago

Another great review as usual. I never considered WOZ before even though my wife said it would be her top machine to get. This review may have moved me into that direction. Oh...and Zach's voice is fine.

#1728 5 years ago

Food for thought for a future episode. I watch a lot of Youtube videos where two people go head to head to predict things with the loser having to undergo some ridiculous punishment for losing and have it filmed. I propose the Zach vs Greg challenge of predicting the TWIPY'S and the loser gets a Brazilian wax.

#1764 5 years ago

I haven't heard it yet. Was it directed at you guys specifically or just reviewers in general and you feel slighted? Either way, I agree that you and Greg are the best most honest reviewers in the business.

1 week later
#1877 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Know who else loves a fun poll..... your mom!

I heard that his mom moved to whoresburg

2 weeks later
#2120 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

How can a review be inaccurate when it's just their opinion?

Exactly. The show is just for entertainment purposes and you should still play any game that you want to buy and form your own opinion. If your own opinion doesn't match up with theirs it's just an opinion. For me Greg and Zach are still the most entertaining showmen in Pinball and I look forward to every new episode. Now where is the TNA review Zach? I'm waiting on your opinions before I buy the game lol

#2148 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Whats weird is when i play a misic pin i generally tune the music out of i dont like it. For example, i dont like Metalloca except for a handful of songs that i can tolerate but i own the game and i rank it right up there with the all time greats in pinball.
If you dig through my old posts you will see me ragging on Aerosmith HARD. I said it eas a horrible themr for a pinball machine and that it would sell worse than WWE........now i own a AS Pro and i love it. Bottom line is theme doesn't neccessarily make or break a pinball machine. I am big on theme for sure bit its not a deal breaker usually.
I slso get that Zach hates iron maiden, but is it so bad that he can't tune it out like i do Metallica and enjoy one of the greatest pinball machines ever made?? Is it so bad that he can't just give it a damn C grade for the theme?? I mean yeah id be that way with certain bands i guess but even if you dont like iron maiden, the beat still goes along quite well with pinball i think.
Id like to take Zach to a Maiden concert, guarantee he walk out of there saying Got Damn them guys are some bad ass M effers, im gonna get me another IMDN pinball machine and keep it forever!!

Are you ok? I normally don't critique anyone's grammar, because mine is far from perfect, but I'm worried that you had a stroke.

#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah im fine. Its not easy typing on a phone in bright sunlight and not being able to see the screen hardly. Thanks for your concern though, i do appreciate it.

No problem, it was genuine concern. I even went back and reread your other posts to make sure it was off before I posted. lol

1 week later
#2374 5 years ago

I appreciate your, "maximum effort!" I'm not sure that you should have stopped the clock until you took the glass off and cut all the protectors on the play field. I feel like this is a clear bias to unboxing Stern's and I bet you would have done it for your friends at JJP or Spooky.

#2445 5 years ago

Great show as usual guys!

1 week later
#2513 5 years ago

Deadpool review just showed up on YouTube and I’m at a Deadpool launch party what a great day!

83E9369F-CD44-48D3-A2B3-8DB42F8FF413 (resized).jpeg83E9369F-CD44-48D3-A2B3-8DB42F8FF413 (resized).jpeg
#2598 5 years ago

Yes, keep everything the way it is. Pinball entertainment is it's own thing. If you want cold bland facts just read Pinside. People watch the show or listen to a Podcast to be entertained. I can't believe people get bent out of shape by sponsors. It's really easy to skip right past it. Heck, I ordered my Houdini from Flip N' Out Pinball and let him know that it was because he supported my favorite Youtube show. Zach is my favorite pinball celebrity and Greg isn't too bad either

#2647 5 years ago

Which game number did Greg get?

#2719 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Pro is always the better value, in some cases they even play better. Premium/LE for DP is the better player.

I agree with that. I've put quite a few games in on a Pro and a LE and I can't believe the difference. That being said I'm still not sure I'd pay the extra money for the upgrade from a value perspective.

1 week later
#2797 5 years ago

I don’t usually enjoy watching videos of other people playing pinball but that was truly excellent. Watching that really makes me miss my Houdini and all things considered I’d say Greg was a pretty good sport about it. Him being salty made the video hilarious. I wish I could subscribe to your YouTube channel more than once because you guys deserve it with content that just keeps getting better.

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You are definitely a good player with good skills. Thats why i said that you should play some tournaments. I have no doubt that you would be a good tournament player.

I agree. You have a very analytical approach when you trap up, trying to figure out what you have going and what you can work on, that would serve you very well in a tournament.

1 week later
#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

But look out for exclusive videos during expo as well!

You heard it here first, Zach is one upping Jack Danger and wearing lederhosen to play Oktoberfest!

2 weeks later
#2995 5 years ago

Zach, is there any point at which you will cancel your order and reinvest in something else, or are you so in love with the game that you will wait indefinitely?

3 weeks later
#3221 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thanks for not saying pretty.......

Or cute.

3 weeks later
#3594 5 years ago

Great video as always but I really want to see a Spider-Man Vault faceoff now.

3 months later
#4024 5 years ago

I really enjoyed Cary’s restoration video. Great editing at the end and I’m really looking forward to the next one. He’s a great addition to your channel.

#4037 5 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Part 2 please... great part 1 editing.

Who would have thought a cliffhanger in a pinball restore video was better than most of what's on tv right now? Keep up the good work.

1 week later
#4133 5 years ago

I'm in for the dirtier sanctum. God that just feels awful to type.

1 year later
#5098 3 years ago

As always your videos are very entertaining but also a great promotion for the machine. Hot Wheels wasn't even on my radar as a machine that I'd ever consider, but that light show was awesome, and my 6 year old watched the whole video then asked when we were getting one.

#5117 3 years ago

This was my favorite unboxing yet. The comedy hit on all cylinders and Zach's dancing was great. I must say though I was shocked at how loud the fan noise was. I wasn't sure if it was the game or the recording equipment but definitely something that stood out right away.

1 week later
#5165 3 years ago

If you want to be a competitive eater you need to dip the pizza in beer Greg.

4 months later
#5323 3 years ago

Ok Zach rate these best days of your life for me. The day you got married, the day you became a distributor, and the day you revealed a topper company to the world. It’s good to be you my man. Keep up the good work!

1 month later
#5336 3 years ago

I enjoyed this video but what it really did was get me excited for your most overrated game list. You guys play off each other so well I can’t wait!

#5419 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Third flipper on pro is as useful as a third belly button. Two is just fine.

Wait, you have two belly buttons?

1 week later
#5441 3 years ago

I swear every time you guys review a pin I want that pin. Your excitement is infectious. That being said I can’t afford to keep up with you lol.

#5495 3 years ago

I loved the video but I can't get behind Batman 66. Great game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericc123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.