stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamross.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#401 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You asked for it, so you shall receive.
SDTM Episode 44: Alien Pinball Machine Review
» YouTube video

Great vid as always. But... a "B" for theme??!

#410 6 years ago

I think your theme rating should take integration into consideration more than just personal preference of the chosen theme. Agree omission of Sigourney weaver is a factor, but not sure that should so adversely affect your theme rating. Just my unsolicited 2 cents. Big fan of your show.

2 weeks later
#441 6 years ago

Love your show, love you guys. Been watching since the start. But this review felt like Stern fanboy review. You rated code way higher than it should be, IMO.

1 week later
#455 6 years ago

Another great episode fellas. I'm anxiously awaiting your Houdini review and praying it's a hit. Your review last year for B/W IJ inspired me to buy one and I'm so glad I did, it's an absolute blast especially with Endprodukt's reorchestration. But Zack, it's a good thing I got my STTNG before hearing you call it was a "shit turd". I put it right up there with IJ imo.

Also, I think your estimates for the classics may be bit a bit on the low side. Market for ToM hoovers around 6500-7500. Very rare to find a nice IJ for less than 7-8500. TZ around 65-8000.

BTW, I love playing my TNA solo just as much as playing against others. Maybe I'm just a weirdo.

Love to ya!

#459 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I love hearing people loving games that I hate. Makes me want to play some more stng and really want to get my hands on a TNA for an extended period of time. Thanks buddy, but for the record STNG is cool but boring haha

STTNG isn't the deepest game, but damn it has flow... great mission based modes and the custom callouts from all the actors make it really immersive. Plus I happen to love the wide body Superpins. Give it another shot!

2 weeks later
#510 6 years ago

Big thanks for the stream. Game looks awesome, can't wait for your review.

1 week later
#546 6 years ago

That review was "TIGHT!". Big thanks for taking the time, truly an epic show. My only unsolicited critique is concerning the walk through. You may want to think about using your second camera to get closeups of the particular area on the PF that is being mentioned. Often we couldn't see what Josh or Joe were pointing to so it was a bit tough to follow. Otherwise, top notch!

#580 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Thanks for the kind words as always!
As to the filming......it was our first time running two cameras. We sort of knew what we needed to get but not fully. Also do to the size and length of a pin it’s hard to get a tight shot and not end up in one of the other shots. If you end up in one of the other shots your forced to use the one your not in! We tried to add in some reshoots but they just didn’t look right! I completely agree with what your saying! We actually already picked up a third camera to use so that in in future vids we can have a set camera on the play field to edit in cuts to the playfield. I work in the film industry (not behind the camera) and there’s 10-20 people behind the scenes just at the time of shooting to make sure you get the take. We can’t afford any one other than just the two of us for complete set up and filming. Editing alone took about 6hrs that I have to give zach complete props for! But we really did learn a lot with this shoot and feel confident that we can bring an even better vid the next time around. We were just tired of the single shot and knew we had to change it up to do Joe and Josh justice! Sorry for the long rant ha ha but truly am glade you still enjoyed it!

Using a camera that has the ability to zoom in and out will help avoid the cross shooting you're referring to. This might be a very obvious suggest, apologies i don't mean it to be anything but helpful. I'm in the TV business here in Los Angeles and deal with this kinda stuff every day.

#586 6 years ago

We can zoom in some but I would be the only one working all three cameras!!!! Would I still be able to achieve this?
Our future plans are to have a steady close up came like the Houdini vid but add another stationary camera up high zoomed into the playfield and the third camera roving and taking some wide shots. Any suggestions as to what may work better?

By way of example in your last vid... your only stationary cam should be the wide shot of Zac and the person he's interviewing -- you don't really need a CU shot of who he's interviewing) Then your 2nd, roving cam is going in for PF closeups. (Your camera op working the PF should be listening to what is being discussed and point the camera in that direction. OR if you only had one camera, you can take note of the CUs you need and just go back and pick them off.) Hope some of this is helpful.

1 week later
#625 6 years ago

AWESOME review fellas. It's great to see a you get into the classics. More please!!!

1 week later
#646 6 years ago

Fun show fellas.. Greg, appreciate the love you have for Lost World but have you had much time on Jurassic Park? Picked one up a few weeks ago, installed the 6.0 rom and haven't stopped playing.

3 weeks later
#797 6 years ago

Great episode... until Greg called John Williams' score on Star Wars just "Ok"

3 weeks later
#972 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Wished I lived closer to Zach, I would be on my way to pick up Luci. This must be the fastest you owned and sold a pin. What now you just buy to sale?

Hey Zach, why the quick change of heart with your Luci?

2 weeks later
#1090 5 years ago

Great review fellas. Love when you do the classics. When’s the WH20 review coming?

1 month later
#1509 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Episode 63: This Month In Bird Watching / June 2018 Pinball News

Gents, great show. You guys have become 'integral' to the Pinside community. Zach, curious to know if you now feel differently about the multipliers in SW?

-Adam

1 month later
#1852 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I heard he's already shopping it for a WNBJM...

Did BM66 really only last a week??

2 months later
#2917 5 years ago

Love these walk throughs..thank you!

#2977 5 years ago

Another great review gents. MB only lasted a few months in my small-ish collection. Gameplay gets repetitive real fast imo, not long before you feel like your just chopping wood.

#3050 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

SDTM and friends,
I am digging MBr LE more and more and am starting to consider selling my hobbit (sigh) and getting the MBr LE. Good idea? This or That!?!?
I am dying here...
The skinny - It will be a single pin for home use situation.
Hobbit Points:
- Awesome for new and intermediate skill players
- Deep rules ideal for home use (so many modes you can play in any order - and the wizard modes are incredible)
- Amazing story telling game with JJP quality LCD and animations
- Move clips GALORE!
- Music and callouts are top notch (perhaps best to date in pinball) - especially after the 3.0 code
- I really enjoy owning and playing this pin
MBr Points:
- Best MB ever made
- No other points needed
So, what do you think? Keep Hobbit or get MBr!?!?
EDIT: MB is one of my favorite pins of all time...but Hobbit is as well.

MB will get old real fast if it's your only game IMO.

2 months later
#3683 5 years ago

Congrats Zach! Inspiring to see someone with so much passion follow their dream. Will you be selling used games through the company as well?

2 months later
#4027 4 years ago

Appreciate how your livelihood now depends on sales of pins, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t say how much I miss your unbiased reviews.

3 months later
#4581 4 years ago

Dude you will just have to come and see one day!

Ha ha Chris is the only one that wants to listen to me about JP at this point.
I’m hoping you can fix some of it! I’ll be your tester!

Hollywoodbone Greg are you planning to sell your Lost World once your JP2 arrives?

1 week later
#4629 4 years ago

Great show..but I started to zone out when your side discussion about coffee culture hit the 5 minute mark.

2 months later
#4821 4 years ago

Good to see you guys back in the saddle! Zach, I thought it was a smart move when you started playing the role of MC and handed off the rating to someone else since you are unavoidably bias as a distributor. You literally feed your family by selling these games so naturally you won't give a negative rating. Neither would I!

3 years later
#6031 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The Ol SDTM First Impressions of Jersey Jack Pinball’s newest game: Godfather 50th Anniversary

Did you boys actually refer to shots as “toys”?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider adamross.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.