stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#648 6 years ago

Houdini over DI for me.

Easily.

2 weeks later
#788 6 years ago

I enjoyed the review updates - thanks!

Strange though - I found myself agreeing 100% with Greg's perspective for a change as I'm really digging Batman 66 lately too!

What the hell's wrong with you Zach - whad'ya mean you HATE BM66's music?! Granted, it's not "Cherry Bomb", but then again what is?

2 months later
#1245 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

You guys have to accept you are THE VOICE of the community.

Depends on how you define "the community" I guess.

#1251 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey guys, easy now, “The VOICE of the pinball community” kinda has a nice ring to it! Let the man boost my confidence, especially after the hate I received on our last couple of episodes

I'm a fan of SDTM and appreciate your pinball tastes Zach (still enjoying your former Shadow BTW - thanks!), but as you know, in the end there are many "voices" in the community and your and Greg's opinions are just that - opinions.

Please keep on providing them and I'll keep on enjoying hearing them! Unlike some "noobs" in the hobby apparently, I won't necessarily bank on them though.

At least, not unless Kaneda agrees with 'em.

#1270 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

... Last night was a blast and a huge hit! We explored the amazing game of IMDN LE. Tons of viewers and tons of fun having you all watch the Straight Down the Middle 666 Iron Maiden LE Stream last night. It will also be posted up on Youtube later this week on the SDTM Youtube Channel in case you missed it. ...
Pin Stadium
http://www.pinstadium.com

I've been more or less meh re: Pin Stadium so far and I've yet to buy a set for any of my games, but I have to admit that the lighting looked pretty damn cool during the Fear of the Dark mode in last night's stream.

1 month later
#1609 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Metallica Ramps? Eh nothing special but fun to shoot

Mustang's multi-functional ramp is special (unique) and fun and thus deserving of a mention. 4 different possible outcomes on Premium/LE.

#1635 5 years ago

Still Mustang. Getting the feeling that the SDTM guys have never played a Premium/LE.

#1637 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

If I have I don’t remember so yeah I need to put some more time on one

You're not alone. Jack Danger and the Bro Do You Even Pinball guys have told me they'd love to stream one, but have had none available. Unfortunate, as the Premium/LE has added features, including the cross ramp, that really add to the gameplay.

1 week later
#1652 5 years ago

Lotta picks over IMDN.

Interesting.

1 month later
#2231 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Stern Simpsons is pretty bad!

#2258 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

A guy writes one thing wrong.....

Reminds me of a joke I heard in my poker group.

Punchline (spoken with Scottish accent): "But do they remember me as MacGregor the Road Builder or MacGregor the Building Constructor?! No!!! You f**k just one sheep though ... "

1 month later
#2804 5 years ago

Quite the gameplay video guys - well done! Who woulda thunk it too given how "tight" the shots are on Houdini and how it's consequently "not fun" to play. That bonus awarded for playing all the stage modes is unreal!

Also - I was tempted to email Greg after viewing his earlier Houdini streams and ask why he never just backhands the inner loop shot. Works MUCH better for many (including me), but apparently not on his game. Strange.

#2813 5 years ago

I have a tilt bob in my Houdini, but it never seems to trigger any tilts. I'll have to look into that sometime.

2 weeks later
#2926 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Seawitch is a sweat ass game ...

I'm betting this isn't what you intended.

2 months later
#3677 5 years ago

Very cool! Congrats Zach and best of luck to you and your wife with your new business!

#3694 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Munsters shot fifty (yes, 5 dash 0) episodes in two seasons. That's FIVE netflix seasons by today's standards. They have a lot of episodes in the can that are in constant repeats around the world, and they still hold up pretty well, so it does good in syndication, growing the fanbase every 8-10 years, and it's been through that cycle 5-6 times already. It's popular.

70 episodes over two seasons according to Wikipedia

1 week later
#3749 5 years ago

Yet another B minus grade handed out from Greg for a game rating. Who could have seen that coming?!

I for one am shocked.

#3765 5 years ago

Congrats Greg - you always remember your first!

A fine video too. I give it a B minus.

#3830 5 years ago

Hey Zach & Greg - sorry for interrupting the Munsters discussions - just wanted to say THANKS for your SW endorsement on one of your (recent?) past episodes. I picked up a Premium recently (partially based on your hearty recommendations) and I'm having a blast playing it! You guys need to update your original review of the game.

Now back to Munsters talk ...

5 months later
#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

... it’s important to me to create something that is nice to digest.

No worries Chef Meny - SDTM is the junk food of pinball videos. Can't stop after just one!

This game's theme and artwork are a bit bland, but it looks like the gameplay might be a little zesty. Here's hoping anyway!

#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

... My wife and I both think the artwork is horrendous. It's Oktoberfest bad really. ...

Not a deal killer ... as long as its gameplay is Oktoberfest good!

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So the bone provides his views on.......Kaneda first!!! wowzers.....it was a like hogan going to WCW!!
just joking of course although I do think it's funny zach won't go on that show. cmon now.
Bone - glad to hear you liked it. I share your views on weakness (art, call outs) but the latter we'll fix and the art I'll deal with. Premium ALL THE WAY

Although he "resonated" with Kaneda, he has since made amends with Zach by appearing on the latest TWIP podcast.

Such drama in pinball!

7 months later
#4938 4 years ago

Cool! For some reason, I was under the (mis)understanding that "The Boneman" had retired from SDTM.

Great to see you guys back again on the big screen!

2 months later
#4998 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM EPISODE! Watch Now!
Stranger Things Prem/LE Pinball Review
flipnoutpinball.com/sdtm

Not that I'm a big Stranger Things fan, but I have to ask regarding the SDTM grading system: how does all A's (varying) and a single B (worth only 10%) add up to only an overall B+ grade from Zach?!

Seems kind of wacky.

SDTM Stranger Things Grades (resized).pngSDTM Stranger Things Grades (resized).png

#5003 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Seems off based on visual, but I believe it to be correct. A 3.7 would have made it an A-. #numbersdontlie

So ... could it be that the "Boneman" has been getting a bad rap as "always" awarding B+'s then?

Perhaps not his fault, but rather the grading system which he has been forced to work with!

1 week later
#5009 3 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Man I love me some JP but this just feels like EA is taking over the pinball industry. If I want to see all features of this game, I have to buy a $600 topper that doesn't even really look much better than a Laseriffic or TiltTopper toppers. This is happening on the coat tails of Stranger Things and the UV LED Kit which was exactly the same scenario. If I'm buying LE versions of a game and then have to purchase additional accessories to really enjoy every feature, I'm calling BS on the value of an LE. Sorry to vent on this thread, but it's Stern seems to really embrace the idea of freemium. Makes me curious what feature on TMNT I'll have to pay extra for when it becomes available.

It's all about the "Benjamins". Stern will continue to charge whatever the market will bear.

Just another step in their marketing evolution. Past questionable business decisions like selling Munster LE's as "limited" to 500 only and then increasing the quantity afterwards to 600 (because they could get away with it), was an example of bending willing customers over. Now they've moved on to charging them for the vaseline too.

1 week later
#5101 3 years ago

Congrats and thanks!

No matching purple coin door though?!

SOOO close, but alas ... B+.

#5108 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Look closer.....

Excellent - purple coin door is the way to go!

But why barely reveal the game front with a mere hint of an edge view in a few video frames? Be proud of your Rick & Morty and show it to us in its complete color splendor!

And fix your misleading promo pic ...

SDTM R&M (resized).jpgSDTM R&M (resized).jpg

3 months later
#5301 3 years ago

Outstanding job guys - thanks so much!

#5310 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So I can't tell, did Greg like the game? lol ...

Enough to buy an SE anyway.

C'mon Bone!

3 months later
#5453 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM!
Willy Wonka Pinball Machine Review (Jersey Jack Pinball, 2019)

Yet another B+ from Greg. Shocking!

3 months later
#5580 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

New SDTM!
Avengers: Infinity Quest Pinball Machine Review (Stern, 2020)
What’s your thoughts after playing Stern’s AIQ?

B+ from Greg.

SHOCKING!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.