stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheGunnett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#921 6 years ago

Iron Maiden Pinball ? I love the art , the rules looks deep, layout, Playfield & gameplay of Iron Maiden all look terrific but the music in my opinion is an F -. It’s like trying to date a beautiful girl who mutters racist rants when she opens her mouth. I just don’t know if I can get over it.

1 month later
#1209 5 years ago

Iron Maiden is like that girl that is “really fun” but your ashamed to be seen in front of your friends and family with because of the “theme”. It’s a Controversial theme, some people would feel embarrassed to own it. It’s polarizing, it’s like a having a Republican or Democratic Pin, Automatically 50% of the people will dislike it and have a hard time getting over it.

2 months later
#1715 5 years ago

I’m interested in seeing your opinions, my wife really wants to bring one of these home, not a theme that interests me at all but getting her on board makes life easier! I might flip my TNA for one.

3 weeks later
#1942 5 years ago

Deadpool looks like a buy to me, I love the theme and the game seems fun. TNA is leaving tomorrow for a Guardians LE , I don’t share the same taste as most people on here but after listening to the group think on here I have learned my lesson. Lots of great options out there for all types of players.

#1961 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe the comics are more geared toward kids and they made it more family friendly since the game is based on the Comics?

In the comics I have , he’s worse than in the movies!

DBAD0C68-FEC3-415C-96E5-192C8B784699 (resized).jpegDBAD0C68-FEC3-415C-96E5-192C8B784699 (resized).jpeg
#1998 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or they plan to own the next game. Haha.
For me it’s new pinball. I’m excited to play. I think the Munsters is an awful theme, but I’ll be pumped to play that too. Hell even octorberfest. Haha

I’m forty and only saw the Munsters on rerun. I’d guess not many people younger than me have ever seen it. It was only on for like two seasons. That’s not a wide audience but it could be cool. I guess they could get rights to most of the video and horror themed pins with comedy aren’t that common. Oh wait MBR is coming out.

#2092 5 years ago

Scarcity, nostalgia, & great for groups /league play = hot in demand title.
Getting your hands on it & repetitive in home only use = Time to flip

1 week later
#2293 5 years ago

Ratings are subjective and don’t always factor in all variables.
A great them doesn’t have to be as good as a poor theme to get someone to buy it.
I’m sure if they did a “this or that in a bracket” their top 4 wouldn’t be the 4 highested rated pins that they reviewed. I just traded a Pinside # 21 TNA for a # 80 something LE GOTG and I’m happy I made the trade before the market gets saturated with them. How many people with a Twilight Zone would want to trade for a Dialed In , WOZ , or Pirates.
Reviews should be considered like rotten tomatoes movie reviews, look at the consensus and make an informed decision ,but at the end of the day a 20% rotten rating won’t keep me from seeing a Jason Statham Movie.

2 weeks later
#2591 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Man we are considering this. We started low budget with no need for support. Now that we spent hours traveling, producing, and editing, we seek support through shirt sales and private donations (PayPal [email protected]) and sponsorships. Everyone has been great and we hate asking for support, but as content becomes more costly and time-consuming, every bit helps. SDTM wants to give back to the community a regular, visual, informative, and most importantly, an entertaining pinball show.
We have thoughts about opening up Patreon and members receiving bonus videos, behind the scenes film, choosing new segments or topics or reviews, and/or being part of the Official SDTM team with recognition in our videos. We have hesitated because we are not sure how you all will respond to it and if it would be welcomed.
What’s everyone think?
Thank you Panzer, we always appreciate your support and continued efforts to grow pinball.

I enjoy the shows and I contributed money direct through PayPal last week. I have heard of the Patreon account but most people would have to create one. It would allow you to have a monthly budget but with that type of commitment you’d be held to a higher standard. Good luck and people should contribute if they enjoy!

#2595 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Ha ha yes sir! It is corrected at the printer! Thank you though for looking out!!!!!

Thank you!!!! And we have a gift coming your way! We never want something for nothing!!!

I don’t want anything but I have to get my own PayPal account. My wife asked why I sent some guy named Bone money and he’s thanking us! The truth was more embarrassing, it’s for those guys with the Pinball Show.

1 month later
#2866 5 years ago

So is Pong a buy at $3,600 to play with the kids and friends or is it a pass because it gets old fast?

#2880 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Only if you’re a rich guy that has waaay too much money.

I’m a pinball forum discussing what $8,000 machines to buy, so that’s a yes too both those. Nobody answered my question

1 week later
#2985 5 years ago

Zack, I got my f***n Pirates today!, I moved things around in my game room and outfitted my punching bag with some of your merch! I hope you already got yours or there is a conspiracy against you.

3C23AF64-DCEF-461C-B75F-3884DE901C87 (resized).jpeg3C23AF64-DCEF-461C-B75F-3884DE901C87 (resized).jpeg85B7CF72-2E4D-489A-B423-9AD8D70B04A9 (resized).jpeg85B7CF72-2E4D-489A-B423-9AD8D70B04A9 (resized).jpeg9BEB3AFD-D431-49A0-94D7-22A9B72D9027 (resized).jpeg9BEB3AFD-D431-49A0-94D7-22A9B72D9027 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#3328 5 years ago

This or That : Loaded TNA with Butter Cabinet, lighted rails, speakers mirror blades, shaker, etc or a Gold Edition Beatles? I’ve had a loaded TNA and was considering getting back into one at a cheaper price now but the Beatles seems to beat TNA in callouts, art, LCD by a mile, the entire Playfield seems I play as compared to TNA/ extra flipper. TNA music is more my style, I like the light show and compatible features but the small cabinet and lack of polish might be sending into the Beatles camp.

#3338 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That's like comparing the hottest chic on the planet to a 500 pound woman. You are probably the only person in the world that thinks Deadpool is better than IMDN lol.
Come on man thats just crazy talk Gentry!

I think Deadpool is more like a super model, Beautiful, you laugh it’s cheesy jokes and it’s shallow but you accept it because of the entire package.
Maiden is like a prostitute, I was embarrassed to have it in my house, it didn’t want to hear anything that it said, the art is good for the trashy band it is but cheapened my collection and I enjoyed flipping it but wasn’t a keeper!

#3342 5 years ago

I believe so! Keep a look out on here and Facebook. We will post a notification if so!

I do think your crazy.....but who am I to say that!!!!! I love the lost world jp over about any other pin ha ha!!!! Have to say though. Guardians is better then both!!!!

I have a Guardians and it’s the most played game in the house. It’s got the Cleland code and my wife likes it more than our JJP POTC.
Everyone has a guilty pleasure! Everyone loves steak but sometimes you crave a McRib.

#3343 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Greg whats wrong with these people??? Is the whole world going crazy or just these 2 people?? lol
I bet even Zach likes IMDN over DP
This or that....IMDN ir DP?

FYI, I’d buy Maiden tomorrow if they reskinned it and rethemed it!

#3345 5 years ago

I met IM in a bar and thought it was awesome. I bought it and got home and woke up the next morning my kids ands wife heard me playing it , Shame! Shame! Shame! It looked much better at Helicon , I swear!

#3352 5 years ago

Wow , your close to your audience. Anything for subscribers!

#3357 5 years ago

Wording matters, I see why you chose SDTM instead of the - Many Bones podcast

#3359 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

[quoted image]

Now we are back to the game Maiden should have been, Archer with “Danger Zone” on a loop as the soundtrack

#3410 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Episode 81: SDTM Favorite Pinball Machines
Greg and Zach unveil their favorite pinball machines!
Who’s list is better?
What is your favorite pinball machine?!?!

The Show should have been called “Favorite machines ... we have owned .. so far... Winter 2018 edition “ Entertaining as always and I continue to lose confidence in your opinions but I find you guys amusing!

2 months later
#3911 5 years ago

Gentlemen excellent show and I like the new format. Greg I appreciate the review and you giving as an honest of an opinion as you did.
For the viewers of the show remember to pay attention to everything they are saying and showing you. Greg said he hated it the first few days he got it, is probably not keeping it and ranked it lower than Deadpool. I don’t think that after the Deadpool review we all thought they loved that machine and it was a must buy.
Look at the other two reviews and remember what we are watching. A new company sold a machine to the other reviewing ,Greg is going to need to sell it. Zach is a great salesman and is selling the sizzle and expresses great enthusiasm but that is what is going to make him a successful business owner.

Greg was keeping it real to a point but pay attention.
I assume those that can afford these high dollar purchases are intelligent people but sometimes you all act like giddy school girls that are happy that someone is paying attention to you. Before you do something or make a decision make sure you realize that you were watching a infomercial inside a piece of entertainment. I have no problem with this as we are not being charged anything for it and they have been as upfront as possible with all these facts. I appreciate the content they have provided but it has been tainted a bit but go in with your eyes open.

PS.
I’ve played the game and I agree it’s beautiful and shoots well but it wasn’t particularly fun because the sounds,rules, & LCD didn’t do anything for me. If I was a fan of Munsters I’d probably buy it as well. Without playing it, you’ll never no for yourself.

15C663DF-FC31-4975-9FC7-B95367470BE9 (resized).png15C663DF-FC31-4975-9FC7-B95367470BE9 (resized).png48C9D160-CD7C-4127-86AB-3E2782D329AB (resized).png48C9D160-CD7C-4127-86AB-3E2782D329AB (resized).png
#3919 5 years ago

There will always be an argument if we are biased or unbiased.
I do have to say that I do take some offense to this review being called and infomercial. I think if our mind set was that of an infomercial I would have been a bit more positive. Also we certainly wouldn’t have agreed to let two other people give there honest opinions of the game. Or we would have refrained from airing some of the more negative strong comments by both of them. My review was as honest as I could be with it. I’m not certain what subtle hints I gave to suggest other wise. As pertaining to Deadpool the only thing that gave DP a higher cumulative was it’s toys and innovation because of the sword lock and the theme. Munsters beat it in almost every other category!
We have done a ton of reviews prior to zach taking on flip n out. Some good some bad. We just gave a rave review of Godzilla. A game neither Zach nor I have stake in. We will soon be reviewing Alice Cooper both actually like it. By these standards we should crap on it because Spooky is competition that We have no stake in!
Zach had a Deadpool that he didn’t talk great about at all. He did this before he put it up for sale. There was no hesitation.
He just currently talked in market trends how DI is trending down and he is currently trying to get rid of it.
Whether people believe us or not our integrity on this show comes first. I will never be bought and paid for. I do respect your opinion and I know your a massive fan of the show so no hard feelings at all. I just disagree with the perception.

Sorry , I forgot to say “ no offense “ first. Greg I was pointing out that you did give a very honest review inspite of it not being in your interest. The other two reviewers were more critical than you were but it seemed that the perception was that it was a great game that we must run out there a grab by comments from the “thread”. Infomercial was harsh but the commercial sponsorship/partnership is evident. I enjoy Pinstadiums and respect everyone’s opinion. I don’t have any friends that are into pinball and it’s nice to see someone’s opinion. I don’t value it more or less than any of the reviews I see on Pinside. Owners always rave about their purchases. Everyone has a bias tilt of some sort based on life experiences and motives. I’d assumed that you would like to get monetized by YouTube some day but I can tell that you take pride in the show and maybe if one of your Pets does something crazy in your videos you can get trending with a few hundred thousand views and you’ll be made. I enjoy the content and hope I didn’t hurt morale at the SDTM headquarters.

1 month later
#4098 5 years ago

People on Yelp should realize the time and efforts it takes to go into food preparation and the stress of owning a restaurant....
People on Rotten Tomatoes should respect the hundreds of people’s time and millions of dollars that go into creating a film....
People who review products on Amazon should respect the investment and development of the individual that created that product....

I think when people create content, products , art, etc and put it out there, they open themselves up for criticism as they accept all the praise. Clicks, views, sells, box office are all measures of success and attract the hate of many. I understand being respectful but negativity can be expressed as is it an opinion some have.The bottom line is we all check out the reviews of these site and make up our own minds. SDTM is the premier pinball YouTube channel. 9 out of 10 people may love the things you guys do but you listen to the 1 who complains. When people stop complaining or caring is when you should be worried.

1 week later
#4122 5 years ago

Sorry for getting under your skin gentlemen.
My name is Bill and I have a problem, I’m an Internet Troll!

273F68BB-C242-4A81-92D8-8C38585C307E (resized).jpeg273F68BB-C242-4A81-92D8-8C38585C307E (resized).jpegA29690B1-B9F1-4FC3-B1F7-9B1C5C38B682 (resized).jpegA29690B1-B9F1-4FC3-B1F7-9B1C5C38B682 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#4514 4 years ago

Suggestion for this or that, Wonka Standard vs. Oktoberfest. $300 of separation between two new titles available NIB.

1 month later
#4584 4 years ago

I got a few games on it at ReplayFX, couldn’t hear much but fantastic shots. Really impressed by the pro and playing it in person really exceeded my expectations.

549F187F-9607-4CA2-8D37-09084E6A50DD (resized).jpeg549F187F-9607-4CA2-8D37-09084E6A50DD (resized).jpeg
#4591 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Bill would you say pro is ok? Or is premium the way to go?

I’d take a pro home tonight and play it happily. Very interesting shots , I love the flip up ramps and the long shots. The pop up ball stops pause play and lets you enjoy what’s going on screen is very cool. However I know there is a premium that has a moving dinosaur. The raptors cage is very detailed on the pro and the Trex looks good as well. Definitely as solid of a pro as MET.

1 month later
#4722 4 years ago

I hope that Nathan dude makes an appearance in the 100th show , he seems like a big fan!

#4726 4 years ago

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Seriously though congratulations on the milestone. You’ve made it , people care enough to be jealous of your success.

1 week later
#4792 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd like to hear pro vs pro and premium vs premium.
I am about the point in time where I could swing one addition game for my collection.
I have Maiden pro (but temporary holding it for my friend who has my Tron). I love Maiden pro but not had any time on Maiden premium.
Likewise I love DP and JP but had hardly any time on DP premium and no time on JP premium.
My most important criteria (in order)
-rules/code
-layout/shooting
-lighting/art/sound etc..
-theme (like them all the same)
I do not know a lot about the rules but it almost seems like DP has the least (shallowest) rules? Not sure (but DP seems like the more funny and light hearted of the three).

I own all three and I’d say if you like the Maiden Pro there isn’t much more in the Premium. Deadpool and Jurassic Park are Premium/LE all the way. I’d say to rotate some of your older games out because it’s a hard choice between the three but if I could only chose two Maiden would go only because theme. I have your old Tron and I’m actually considering putting it up for sale because it doesn’t stand up compared these three.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheGunnett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=TheGunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.