stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnockerPTSD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4028 5 years ago

I'm happy for Zach but I miss the good ol sdtm format. I not interested in any of the stuff they post anymore. Play a game, explain a bit, rate it and share your opinions. Pumping sdtm sponsors and repair tips/stories is all I see now. That's fine but there a so many of those already. Zach and Greg had that rare chemistry working for them.

1 week later
#4073 5 years ago

I really enjoy everything Zach and Greg have done. Having said that, I've realized that Zach and I have VASTLY different tastes outside the world of pinball. I usually agree with a lot he has to say about gameplay or quality but I enjoy different music, movies, etc. I think this game will be so much fun to shoot but the theme is a tough one for me. Too bubblegum for my tastes. Yes, Zach does tend to gush over most new games (jjpotc videos, cough cough) but I can tell that the theme is a stronger factor is his opinion this time. Let the man gush. If this layout were applied to a theme I really love, I would feel the same way. If this way Back to the Future or Queen? Money, gone.
Keep up the good work Zach but the feel of your shows has definitely been a little off while you transition to you new position in the community. What used to be a guy gushing a bit over a games can now come across as a dealer pumping up his inventory. It's a fine line. Good luck

#4110 5 years ago

I've put more thought into the theme than I should. I had had the same idea. Another easy must have is to make the ramps look like the black and white snake beetlejuice monster. Those railings scared me as a kid.
If they do get around to this I hope they dont put an underworld playfield. I prefer 1 level playfields.

#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Uh oh, get ready...

Thats it! I'm going team Greg now lol! Jk.
For the record. Sdtm is my favorite on YouTube. My one comment that wasnt supportive was used in the promo clip. I sure hope you used it light heartedly. Glad to see the team back at work
I'd like to see you review some older pins sometime. Take care.

#4134 4 years ago

I'm getting a Shadow in the next couple weeks. Nice clean sanctum even.

#4192 4 years ago

Sometimes the best way to get a thread back on track is just shutting the hell up

#4213 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Great episode! What would you guys (not just Zach and Greg) pick for these (mostly) past reviewed games?
Indiana Jones
Whirlwind
Monster bash remake
Vs
The shadow
Attack from Mars remake
White water
Also, ham sandwich FTW...turkey is trash.

Group 2 all day.
Also, poultry over swine.

#4222 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

. I’d take it over Pinside’s Top 4 and likely for me it’s better than all but 5 of the Pinside Top 20. Boom

I've been watching long enough to guess it's the 3 jjp games, indy and.... ac/dc?

#4225 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Has to be LOTR over AC/DC

I left it off because I thought it was #4. Its #5 so yeah.
Shocked by Maiden. It's one of my favorites but i thought the music and theme would kill it for you (Zach) in the home.

#4256 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

That being said deadpool is awful. That theme grrrr. The best movie of all time! That theme is like having a met that plays new kids on the block music!

This statement seems backwards. Comic style over movie style all day
(I dont actually enjoy the game but the art package and animations are top notch) They just need to remove all traces of tiny deadpool. He is Rudy level annoying

3 weeks later
#4400 4 years ago

The shot itself isnt anything special but the look on peoples face the first time the ball disappears in the Shadow sanctum is always classic.
Staying on Shadow (if dailed in correctly) the left orbit straight into the khan mb/mode start if the upper flipper is held up. Very satisfying.
Random personal choice, Williams Blackout hitting the saucer when everything is ready. BLACKOUT! BLACKOUT! BLACKOUT!

#4403 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

I’d say the loop shot in The Getaway is better than Iron Maiden but that’s splitting hairs. Fun episode!

You keep more time on Maiden. It is almost warp level satisfaction

#4412 4 years ago

Ok so this one is not game specific but worth mentioning. Any game that has an add a ball included in the multiball. You drain yoir multiball down to one ball but hit the add a ball at the very last second and get your multiball going all over again. (Metallica is a good one for example. Shooting the snake's mouth and getting all your balls back)

1 month later
#4538 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Speaking of Stern’s next game. I just visited them yesterday and saw Jaws as a code name. Could that be code for the next game? Not sure it has applied to anything previously, but that could be Jurassic world. Hard to tell anything else about it as it was the heading on some drawing for a wire harness.

Jaws?

Screenshot_20190720-133121_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190720-133121_Google (resized).jpg
#4539 4 years ago

Featuring groot multiball?

3 weeks later
#4631 4 years ago

Paging Mr. Bone...

20190810_135720 (resized).jpg20190810_135720 (resized).jpg20190810_135714 (resized).jpg20190810_135714 (resized).jpg20190810_135649 (resized).jpg20190810_135649 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#4750 4 years ago

I'd like to see a revisit episode. Games that had poor code that has since improved.
-Ghostbusters (any day?)
-Game of Thrones
-Metallica (went from great to even better)
-Batman '66
-Deadpool (You know you want to change your rating Greg)
Also, since Zach catches all the shit in the world for reviewing current games, why not start hitting the kijiji ads? Let's see some reviews of 80s and 90s titles. I love a good solid state. Conflict avoided. Entertainment continues for another 100.

3 weeks later
#4800 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I second this notion! We love the Zach reviews, and we all trust you buddy! Just put a little disclaimer, and you're good. We need our Z-man's input!

Third-ed.
It's not like its insider trading or something serious. Its pinball. We are talking about expensive toys. I agree that you should just have a disclaimer for the uninformed that you are also a vendor. You tended to "gush" over new titles before you were a vendor anyway. It's not "shilling". You just seem like an excitable guy who is really into his hobby (oh uh, disclaimer, it's also his livelihood)

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Although, now that I think about it...there could be a problem the other way around, where his company is trying to sell a pin that he personally thinks isn't so great. Hard for him to do a video for flipNout where he says, "Come on down and buy the latest Stern!" but then on SDTM he says, "Man, this new Stern kinda sucks!" This crossed my mind specifically when it came to that new SW mini-pin that just got released. Its not the kind of machine that SDTM would probably devote a whole review to anyway, but I could see a conflict there between business interests and SDTM interests. So kind of anti-shilling in a way.
Just thought that might be another reason for Zach to not review machines, in case they're bad. Luckily, we live in an age where most new pinball machines are astoundingly good, when you really think about it. Prices maybe not so good, but sounds, music, rules, gameplay, are all pretty high for just about every machine that comes out now.
EDIT: Just saw Burley's post, and he has the right idea. I think we're of a similar mindset.

I've never heard Zach hate a game. He has had games he didnt give glowing reviews (deadpool, metallica) but he doesnt seem to be overly harsh on games he doesnt enjoy.
(Also Zach liked Houdini so.....lol)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KnockerPTSD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=KnockerPTSD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.