stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Knapp_Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2097 5 years ago

Hey fellas. I'm finally catching up on all of my pinball watching and am in the middle is the latest STDM episode. Awesome as usual. I'm still slogging through the Pinburgh reveal LOL. Bowden was a beast, I'm worn out from even watching it. I was watching the Buffalo tourney from last weekend too.

I heard a rumor that Stern was going to do a Deadpool pin back when I bought my Star Trek several years ago (long story). So I knew that it was coming. At the time I was like, "Deadpool, Meh. It's fine, but I'm probably not interested." Flash forward to the first pictures of the awesome art and unique layout and I did a complete 180. I wanted to order one right then. I have enough dry powder for one Stern Pro-ish pin before the end of the year and Deadpool was going to be it. Then I watched the stream. Jack Danger did an amazing job with the stream itself, but watching the game play gave me some reservations.

First, that Lil Pool character is WAY to prevalent in the game. He's everywhere during the multiball when you lock under the bash toy and it looks like that multiball happens multiple times per game. Too much Lil. Deadpool. He's sort of annoying, very Jar Jar like.

Second is the ball times. I don't play like Jack Danger, but I'm not horrible either. I'm concerned that the game will play forever. Yes I know that you can remove rubbers and posts and change the rules, etc... to make games harder, but I like to keep my pins as close to the way one would find them on location as possible from a game play standpoint so I can compare my scores to others' scores on Pindigo, etc... I don't want to buy a brand new pin and then have to PAPA-ify it to make it tougher. I get why PAPA does it for tournaments, to time the banks. It's genius, but I don't want to do that at home in my arcade.

Regarding OBO. I just listed a Police Force yesterday for sale or trade $1,250 OBO. When I decide to sell a pin, I price it to sell. I don't like messing around trying to scrape up every last penny. Unless I know for sure that someone is a flipper, I'll sell it to the first person who responds and offers me that price. The "Or Best Offer" comes into play if no one offers what I'm asking, which is rare. In that case if I still want to sell, I might take less money. The "Or Trade" part results in even more ambiguity for the situation. I may decide that the broken Whirlwind that someone offered me is the "Best Offer" and go with that.

1 week later
#2200 5 years ago

I personally love TNA, but then I like classic pins a lot. I think that most of the old Stern games are super fun, Seawitch, Stars, Meteor, Cheetah, Star Gazer. Awesome, awesome, awesome. TNA has the same feeling. Ripping the spinners in TNA is just like playing those games, with added modern touches.

The music of TNA, the speed, the ball save timer, the unique layout compared to most games today. It's a blast. Yeah, the art is meh. In my house we consider a C to be below average, so I'd give the TNA art a B to B- maybe? The game definitely very linear, but I don't mind that playing it on location. Were I to own one, it might get old if it wasn't part of a reasonably large collection though.

I'm always amazed by how many TNAs are on location. They've "only" built a couple hundred of them and they seem to be on location EVERYWHERE. I've seen it at Sunshine, Eight on the Break, The Pinball Gallery and Rock Fantasy. That's a testament to how much people like it.

I keep toying with the idea of getting one. I think that I'd love having one for myself, but I know that my kids and wife would like a licensed theme better. Plus, they're tough to come by. I'd rather go with a newer Stern Pro in the high $4s than $6 - $7 for a TNA. Some guy in my area bought a HUO TNA with a butter cab for $7G, put it on location and is now trying to sell it for $10G! Ten thousand bucks for a routed TNA, no thank you.

#2202 5 years ago

Just finished the episode and I have to say that I am both horrified and disappointed. Greg, how can you not put mayo on your turkey sandwich? MAYO IS DELICIOUS. Turkey sandwiches are too dry without it.

#2263 5 years ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

As the ambassador of shit games, BW has fun shots and a fun multiball. It doesn't compare to other shit games like Rescue 911, which has one OK shot that leads to a shitty shot. Every System 3 is better than that piece of garbage.

I've owned Four System 3s over the past several years. I actually really enjoy Rescue 911. The helicopter is cool. The layout is fine with me. The Life Force sort of Wizard Mode is a little opaque if you don't know what you're doing, but I still really like it. For $1,250 or so I'm having a blast with it. As far as System 3s go, I definitely like Mario Andretti less than Rescue 911. I find Cactus Jack's to be pretty annoying. Shaq Attaq is pretty bad. I hate the looks of Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street. 911 isn't a classic by any means, but I've gotten a lot of bang for the buck out of it.

#2327 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just tell me the date when TNA will be readily available for 4-5k and I am in.

I completely agree with this statement. If TNA was available for in the $4,000s I'd have one right now.

Having said that, I highly doubt that it will ever sell for that little. Think about it, there's going to be less than 500 of these bad boys produced. 500 games is nothing. I'm buying a game today that is considered somewhat rare and three times as many were made.

Given the popularity of TNA on location and in tournaments, the steadily increasing number of locations with pinball and the increase in popularity for tournament play alone should put a floor under used TNA pricing. I would be very surprised if TNA is ever available for less than say $5,500. The only way I see that happening is a significant economic recession that impacts pricing hobby-wide.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 16.00
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 300.00
$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation
Armor and blades
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Knapp_Arcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=Knapp_Arcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.