stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hollywoodbone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Thank you for your efforts. Feedback to follow after viewing.

Thank you! Like Zach said, we learned a lot with the first set of videos that we plan on improving! Sound being the main thing along with lighting. Some editing tweeks. We do feel pretty good about content though! We are wanting to change things up a bit. Not just a bunch of game play videos. We are looking most forward to bringing you interviews with collectors, vendors, restorers, even guys that do powdercoat.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Great shows guys. I'll be there Next week!
Ps; The Ringmaster is a top 3 toy Love this feature

Thank you and yes the ringmaster is pretty damn cool. I think Zach had mentioned it when we were compiling the list and it some how got lost!!! I would love to put some more time on CV fantastic game for sure.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Watched the first two last night . Subscribed as well.
Keep it up.
Maybe get some sound dampening for the garage. Lol

Ha ha I know we knew there was some echo but didn't think it was going to be that bad!!!! We are going to try and film in my basement with the mics closer in the next set of videos. Hoping it fixes the sound!

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

You should have brought a change of cloths so it looks like you filmed the episodes on different days Just busting your chops - great stuff, guys. Already looking forward to the next episode!

That comment is above appreciated!!! I argued with zach on that point! My wife even called him out!!!!

#34 7 years ago

SDTM Episode 4 is up!! RomulusX interview and collection overview!

2 weeks later
#42 7 years ago

Be sure to watch the vid on Larry as well! Great guy to work with and an amazing JJP/Escalera distributer.
It ended up being loader than expected on the floor and we thought we came prepared with lapels but they were too short for all the movement ha ha. So the audio is a little low at points but its still a really good showcase and you get some good info on Dialed In!

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

DI has 5 magnets
1 for drone
1 for threatre
3 under PF in the middle to through the ball around during MB
You also missed something about the layout. The diverted at the top, when it drops the ball in hole is meant to almost always hit the pop bumper and make the ball go into the right orbit for a nice feed to the upper right flipper. It doesnt work ALL the time but seems to have a success rate over maybe 70% plus from what I has seen.
I share your thoughts on the layout. It just feels amazing to shoot, and better than Woz and Hobbit in that department by a mile (and I own both those machines). I'm not as enthusiastic as your guys on the about the sound/call out packages atm but that can change.

Thanks you about the magnets! Got it in the pops but never paid attention about it throwing it to that right flipper. I'm going to have to pay attention next time. Ha ha I agree I think sounds have a bit of work. Some real strong sounds like the siren in Whirlwind would be nice.
So I have a question for you assuming you have played two....if not all three of these games. What do you think is the better all around machine? Ghostbusters, Dialed in, or Aerosmith? Personally I love GB but I'm really thinking DI is better. It just feels right when you play it.

1 week later
#60 7 years ago

And as always feel free to inbox Zach or I with any recommendations for the show! Always looking to improve things!

1 week later
#66 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

great episode! I always enjoy seeing other peoples collections and hearing their personal stories!

Thanks man! It's probably the best part of doing the show! It never gets old seeing other people's collections and hear the start of their obsession!

#68 7 years ago

ha ha ha so in discussing our release today Zach proceeded to tell me that world cup was a better pin than JM!!!!! WHAT????

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I didn't go to TPF, but with all the new machines announced I'm pretty excited!

It's starting to seem like it's the premier show of the year! Can't wait to see what Chicago brings!

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

any plans to extracting the audio and doing it as a podcast as well? Like bro do you even pinball.
I do a lot of boring work atm and listen to podcasts with headphones, cannot really do that with you guys

Do you recommend any specific place to upload? iTunes etc.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Not sure how many places people upload it but usually it's on iTunes, podcast garden, etc.
As long as it's searchable whne someone searches for 'pinball' on a podcast app

Great thanks man! Hopefully we can have something up for you in a few days!

#83 7 years ago

Don't forget to vote on your favorite Aerosmith powder coat color!!!! Four to choose from!

1 week later
#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I love the theme, very nostalgic for me. Great art, great audio. But, I'm not a fan of how this game plays. I've played both machines and each time I keep thinking maybe this is the time I change my mind about it. I want to like it so bad!!

A lot more people have a distaste for the pin then what I thought. I really like it but starting to think I'm in the minority!

1 week later
#96 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Any luck on the podcast?

No still can't get the thing to convert! Going to have to try to find someone local to run me through it the first time!

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

You should be able to do this with VLC. See link. In the link is also another link which shows you how to get the video downloaded from youtube, but I expect that you have the source video available.
https://www.techjunkie.com/extract-audio-vlc/

Great thanks. All the vids are on zachs computer so ill make his ass try it this time!

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

Nice in depth review!! Keep them coming!!

Thank you sir!!!

1 month later
#109 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Looks like you should have waited just a bit longer to talk about Star Wars (joking)
Great videos!

Man I know! We put filming off for like a month and waiting to hear something and then BAM they release it lol

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Keep up the good work guys!! Love the show.

Thank you it's greatly appreciated

1 week later
#115 6 years ago

You guys have to see this collection!!!!!!

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Great interview! But you forgot to show his others games! Lol

Ha ha that ones on zach! It was three in an unfinished room! Go over to our Facebook page and I'll post a scan if your interested!

1 week later
#124 6 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

That octopus design is pretty cool!

Thanks man. We wanted something a little different. I think it turned out pretty sick!

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Offcourse, we all like different pins.
I like the shadow also, but better then MM no way. Top 5 b/w no way again
This just tells me, we have different taste.
I love my Highspeed2, its not a top pin, but for me definitely b/w top 5 pin.
Well you enjoy your shadow, while i enjoy my MM.
Is your aerosmith sold?
Best regards from Denmark

I do agree with different taste! That's one of the things I find so cool about this hobby! There's always something that makes you gravitate towards a pin for different reasons. Opinions are all over the place!
That's a nice mm by the way!!!

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Whooouw Aerosmith sold allready? Why?
I loved your review on the Aerosmith pinball. It actually made me pull the trigger and buy one. Its on its way.
I really want to know if it gets old so soon. Damn i dont hope that i will regret my nib purchase.

Ha ha the only pin zach has kept longer than 3 months is GB! Shadow won't last long either! Aerosmith is tough enough that it has some staying power.

1 month later
#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Hotdoggin:

Just checking to see if like the Buffalo guys if this show has ever been simultaneously also released as audio only so I can download the audio via a podcast app and listen in the car . I guess it's still only available on YouTube as of yet though. Thanks.

Some of the newer ones I have audio of. I just have to trim them and get them posted!

2 weeks later
#178 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

The dude flipping out is killer funny. Can't say I'm a fan of you guys censoring yourselfs. I understand you want to keep it relatively clean but I really want to watch the fast forwarded parts. Love the show keep it up.

The sensoring was mainly my fault! Zach wanted to keep what he said in and I advised differently! Ha ha it's not that bad what was said!

1 month later
#269 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Loving the YouTube channel, subscribed about a week ago under azezo059. I saw Zach at Expo the one day I was there (Thursday) but too busy to introduce myself, my head was spinning with all the cool stuff going on. I have been binge watching your show and it keeps getting better with each new episode. I’d also say you guys are great promoters of all facets of the industry. I bought an Escalera at Expo based on your video where you guys interviewed Flip N Out Pinball. Keep up the good work.
John

Ha ha you should have talked to him! That would have put him all the way up to 4 fans that weekend.
But on a serious note thanks for the support and let us know how that Escalera treats you!!!!!!

1 week later
#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Another great episode and great timing, nice watch while I’m nursing a little Halloween party hangover.

Ha ha thank you sir! I'm sure your not alone today!

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Great Dead Flip impression lol. Who in the hell is Zach suppose to be? looks like Ellen Degeneres with big boobs?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha now that made my night!

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh ok lol. I always thought the well Walker bash toy on TWD looked just like Todd Tuckey. Take a good look at the well walkers face.

Who- Dey play nice! Todds a good guy!

1 week later
#323 6 years ago
Quoted from sadler28:

Greg's ACDC rant ranks right up there with "my daddy's a butthole!" Keep rockin' your balls off fellas

Ha ha thank you! I’m passionate about some AC/DC

#328 6 years ago

ASOA, agreed. They have the only show I can watch an entire episode and not get bored. I’ve seen so many other YouTube pinball shows and after 5 or 10 minutes I’ve already lost interest. Greg and Zach keep me entertained and often times when the show is over I find I’m wishing there was more. It’s weird that I’m even typing this since I’m not a fanboy of anything except maybe now SDTM. I guess I need a T-shirt now, too bad I found them after that cool ass octopus shirt sold out. My only criticism is that I really don’t like the intro music but where else are you going to find SDTM lyrics in a song.
Like Greg says “let’s kick this shit”.

Ha ha thank you for the kind words! We do still have a few octopus shirts but only in L........
Again thanks for watching and allowing us to turn you into a fan boy ha ha

4 weeks later
#359 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I vote stream Lost World New Years eve.
Throw the man a bone.

Now we’re talkin!!!!!!

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Fun show, Greg needs to play some Aerosmith with some people that know what they are doing though. While it's lacking on shots it has really good scoring strategy and also give you the option to complete a ramp shot or the lock shot if either are lit for a mode or if lock is lit. Maybe I missed it as I was working while listening but otherwise Emperor Ming is pretty pissed about his lack of inclusion. Some good ones on your list, I think WOZ is rated way to high though and TBL should have been on there.

I do need more time on AS. About bought one not long ago......

#376 6 years ago

Top 10s are always exciting!!! Can we all atleast agree that TS was spot on at #1 ha ha and that TFLE is the worst!!!!!

#413 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No that would break the immersion that you are ripley!! Zach - it's time to start believing!

Ha ha Delt I agree.

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Zach and Greg, sorry for being daft, but where do we send the code words once we get all of them?

Hey Eric just message us in here or Facebook! Facebook is preferred

2 weeks later
#444 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Love your show, love you guys. Been watching since the start. But this review felt like Stern fanboy review. You rated code way higher than it should be, IMO.

Certainly not Stern fanboys ha ha!!! It may have deserved a bit lower....possibly a C? But it’s still coded better then a lot of pins even this early on! Even though I don’t think wizard has been coded!

1 week later
#470 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not sure, other then Greg giggles when 2 balls get pounded up a triangle shaped area to hit targets deep within.
If there's a better way to hatch sexy already developed female alien embryos I'd love to hear it.

This is some of the greatest shit I have ever heard lolololo

1 week later
#476 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Awesome show guys! You guys are funny as hell......and Greg, you and your AC/DC cannon comment lol......that pretty much made the show right there!

Not my best pinball moment!!! You coming to Louisville expo?

1 week later
#537 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Thanks so much for the shirt guys! Love it. Wish USPS was more careful with there packages

Hey man if we don’t see you soon I’ll send you another with cardboard backing to protectect it so it arrives flat!!!

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Just checking if it is Monday yet? Waiting on the new SDTM Pinball show. Review of the famous Houdini Pinball. Can't wait to hear what the guys think of this game. Everyone should watch this episode! The work that goes into doing one of these reviews is incredible. Countless hours of playing, filming, editing,driving,complaining all for people like us to get a real unbiased review of a game. I would just like to say Thank you to Zach & Greg for doing all of this for the pinball community.

You don’t have much longer!!! Hopefully up tonight! This one is deep!

#542 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

When is this review happening guys? I’m excited to hear your thoughts

Hopefully tonight! If not late tonight first thing in the morning. It was a long edit!

#551 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great video guys. Really liked the onsite overview and interviews along with the feedback. I find myself agreeing with Greg more and more. What is this world coming too! Zach dropping Houdini is better than ToM. Wow - Bold! You have my attention and I can't wait to drop some coin on this game. Hopefully it comes to Pittsburgh soon. Zach - that has to feel great having the game already and it's in your house. The game does look fun!
btw Zach - you mentioned you were wondering what else would they replace those stiff animations with. I can't speak for the person you were referring to but if it was up to me, it would be anything else! Seriously though, I would have gone with a dark theme that was animated properly and not broken/stiff. I'm thinking a Tim Burton like style and one that doesn't feel so jarring/cheap. As for believing this was done purposely, the dev confirmed to us awhile back that they just don't have the size that is required so if we're expecting JJP quality, that's not realistic. I forget which thread it was in but he replied to a number of us who were bringing up the same comment.
I think that backglass looks sweet too. Style of the cabs head is not my liking but maybe it will grow on me too.
Greg - pop quiz hot shot Alien or Houdini? What do you do? Are you going Houdini now if money was no option (you have 7k or 8k to spend and Alien works as expected - like mine does).....

Man......if money wasn’t an option.....I don’t really know. I love alien because it’s so creepy and the design is so different. But Houdini is the same. Both with really cool unique shots.
Houdini is like a drug though. The more you play the more you want to keep playing and not stop. Damn Delt why did you have to do this to me.
I think Houdini has the edge because of 3 factors. The head, rules, and the fact that there are switches and not post to hit!
Alien as fun as it is still has a lot of brick shots that feel like bricks. And something in Houdini just gives me a feeling........

#572 6 years ago

Great episode guys but you need to fire the cameraman. Joe Balcer is pointing out things on the play field and where’s the camera? On Joe’s face not the play field, WTF. Sorry Greg, you need to stay in front of the camera not behind it. Otherwise, fantastic episode.
I was lucky enough to have visited AP in November when they had sort of an open house and I got a really good feel for the game as well as the people behind it. I totally agree with SDTM, Houdini is a labor of love for these guys, they put their hearts and souls into this game and it shows. I also get that feeling from Spooky pinball, that these smaller companies are in the business because of their love and passion for pinball and money is secondary. I’m very excited for the future of pinball because of these new smaller companies and what they are bringing to the pinball world.
As for your ratings, I appreciate and respect your views but I’m surprised at the ratings for art. To me, at worst it should have been given an A, but in my opinion it is worthy of an A+. You cannot look anywhere on that machine and not be impressed. There is so much detail in their artwork everywhere you look as well as all the Easter eggs. The colors are fantastic, I can’t think of another game that uses color better, both in the artwork as well as in the lighting. The backglass is superb, and how creative to have the artwork overlap the LCD to really give the feeling of an actual stage, with the audience’s heads and the sides of the curtains, just fantastic. And shape of the head, I think it looks great. I don’t understand why people want the head to be identical for all pins, why? I think some people should check their OCD if they need to have all there pins line up identically with the head shape being identical. The head shape of Houdini is just one more way that this game if different and that’s a really good thing. I could go on but but I’m already getting a little long winded.
Zach and Greg, I really enjoy your videos, thank you for this extra long review. I know what kind of work goes into doing this and it’s greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the kind words as always!
As to the filming......it was our first time running two cameras. We sort of knew what we needed to get but not fully. Also do to the size and length of a pin it’s hard to get a tight shot and not end up in one of the other shots. If you end up in one of the other shots your forced to use the one your not in! We tried to add in some reshoots but they just didn’t look right! I completely agree with what your saying! We actually already picked up a third camera to use so that in in future vids we can have a set camera on the play field to edit in cuts to the playfield. I work in the film industry (not behind the camera) and there’s 10-20 people behind the scenes just at the time of shooting to make sure you get the take. We can’t afford any one other than just the two of us for complete set up and filming. Editing alone took about 6hrs that I have to give zach complete props for! But we really did learn a lot with this shoot and feel confident that we can bring an even better vid the next time around. We were just tired of the single shot and knew we had to change it up to do Joe and Josh justice! Sorry for the long rant ha ha but truly am glade you still enjoyed it!

#576 6 years ago

Hey Zach and Greg, just so you know, my criticism was was not meant to put you down or your show. I was really just trying to bust Greg's stones a little, sometimes humor doesn't translate well on the internet. To be honest, watching your show I feel like I'm hanging out with a couple of friends just talking pinball, that's how your show comes across to me and I think that's a great format. This I think is one of your greatest assets, you come across as regular guys giving their honest opinion while hanging out with friends. Maybe that's why I feel comfortable giving you guys a hard time just like I would when hanging out with the guys. And yes, the video of the playfield could have been better (it wasn't that bad) but I know your show gets better with every episode and I already think you have the best show out there. Keep doing what you're doing, you're on the right path.

Ahhhh man I know you didn’t mean any thing by it. I think my comment didn’t read as well as if we were hanging out talking!!!!! Dude I consider you one of our biggest fans and supporters! I really didn’t think much of it. Was just in the mind set of explaining where we were headed!

#581 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Using a camera that has the ability to zoom in and out will help avoid the cross shooting you're referring to. This might be a very obvious suggest, apologies i don't mean it to be anything but helpful. I'm in the TV business here in Los Angeles and deal with this kinda stuff every day.

We can zoom in some but I would be the only one working all three cameras!!!! Would I still be able to achieve this?
Our future plans are to have a steady close up came like the Houdini vid but add another stationary camera up high zoomed into the playfield and the third camera roving and taking some wide shots. Any suggestions as to what may work better?

#582 6 years ago

Oh yeah, just ordered a couple of the new shirts, it'll give me something to wear at the Midwest Gaming Classic. Keep up the good work guys.

Man thanks for the support! We need to get up to the mwgc! Iv heard great stuff about it!

#592 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Greg, I do not know if this wil work/help but I know that there are gimballs available that are able to track a subject automatically. This may be something that can help in a situation that there are more camera's than people that can operate a camera.
As I said: I have no idea if this is practical or not, but I do know that using a gimball gives very professional results anyway when shooting video, so maybe something to look into. Also a link of a gimball that I know that has the auto tracking feature:
https://www.dji.com/osmo-plus
This link is for a gimball with integrated camera, but DJI also has other models available for other camera's. I also have some experience with other gimballs that advertise the same capabilities, but they were not working at all, like a brand called Zhyun. Stay away from those. I had bought one but the software that you need to control the camera was never working and crashing a lot.

Yeah the gimbal would be nice but way out of our budget! You have given me a few things to think about though for the next vid!!! Thanks for every thing!!!!

#599 6 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Unless I somehow missed it 3 or 4 times on the list, at least Greg doesn't have a fear of people
Always wondered why more people aren't afraid of foam padding as well.

I have a dislike for most people as well ha ha
Hell yes on that foam!

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I love the Stop bullshitting us and make the Tron VE to Stern
I think TRON VE is a no-brainer - but every-time they release a vault and it isn't TRON I get the 'Are you f****** kidding me!?' feeling for sure.
I guess on a good note - IF they are going to do TRON again with an integrated LCD instead of DMD and other vault upgrades it will be worth the wait!

I’ll tell you what I’d like to see a LOTR more! With more vibrant better printed art! Make that pin an all around masterpiece!

1 week later
#640 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Hey man, when can we see the rest of this?

Coming soon. It’s a heavy edit!

#647 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Fun show fellas.. Greg, appreciate the love you have for Lost World but have you had much time on Jurassic Park? Picked one up a few weeks ago, installed the 6.0 rom and haven't stopped playing.

Yes sir I do like it! Just looking for the right one and enough money that I don’t have to trade it out ever! It will be another keeper as long as I’m in Pinball!

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Hope it's nothing too major with that third flipper Greg. Good luck.

Thank you sir! It just ended up being a wire off!!!!! Guess it’s time I break down and buy an iron!!!!

#692 6 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Buy a decent iron above 20 dollars. I bought one from Walmart that thing is terrible.

Ahhhhh I already bought a cheap one! I won’t get in to any board work or any thing so it will just be random small things like wires and such so hopefully it holds up!

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

In talking with Eric, did you get any sense as to what is next after POTC for him?

Ha ha we tried hard to break him but didn’t have much luck!!!! He’s a man of secrets!!!

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Heck, all we have seen is an interview with the designer and programmer. Maybe when we finally see their review they are going to tell us that the game did not shoot well, the music was awful, the rules were too confusing, and too many of the characters looked like Greg.

Very true and it’s always a possibility!

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from Latinfantom:

I gotta say that when first looking at the length of the video I felt like there was no way I'd get through it all. Happy to say I was wrong. This was a very in depth conversation between a guy who loves pinball (Zach) and two designers that are clearly proud of their creation and you know what? They should be. I marveled at this game the entire time while they took me step by step into the shots, paths, modes, characters and over all feel of the game. Might've just convinced me to get one so I'd say that SDTM is doing what they set out to do. Great job guys. I'll be tuning in again. Subscribed!

Thanks man glad you enjoyed it!

Quoted from Zavadoza:

zmeny Thanks for almost killing Greg to drive up there and shoot this. Videos like this keep the excitement going for an obviously incredible game.

Whhhaaaatttttt I should be the one thanked for serviving that drive ha ha

Quoted from JayLar:

Wow what a great walktrough of POTC. Seems like an awesome game. Very impressed with the dedication from STDM in giving us quality material. Also great dedication from JJP, Eric Meunier and his team. Good times ahead for pinball!

Thanks for the appreciation! The time and work is worth it

#718 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Well, I’m trying to find a good game to replace my High Speed. I was looking into Demo Man but that got sold and it was overpriced anyway. I’m really looking into LW3 or LAH just because of the price. What would you suggest?

I think high speed is better then lw3! Demo man is fantastic! If it’s between lw3 and LAH I would go with LAH! It’s a pretty good pin and underrated!

Quoted from KingPinGames:

You guys did an amazing job on this video. My brother (Eric) and his team have put so much effort into the game, it is great to see it getting the attention it deserves. I am sure I met you guys at different shows, but if not, I will have a booth at TPF and another one at MGC. Stop by and say hi.
Thanks again.

Will stop by for sure! Eric had nothing but good things to say about you when we were up there!

#719 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Well, I’m trying to find a good game to replace my High Speed. I was looking into Demo Man but that got sold and it was overpriced anyway. I’m really looking into LW3 or LAH just because of the price. What would you suggest?

I know you have told me before where your location is but can’t think of it for nothing?

#730 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Great video as Always SDTM wizards. Solidified my CE purchase granted now you made me anxious to want it NOW! Bravo as always on the honest and detailed presentation!

Thank you! And thank you guys for the awesome mods you put out!!!! We thank you for your awesomeness!!!! If I ever score a BM66 I’m hitting you guys up!!!!

1 week later
#742 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Great meeting the SDTM guys this weekend, and thanks to Greg for running out to the car and getting me a T-Shirt for my circumferentially challenged self!!!

Hey man it was a pleasure to meet you! And as Zach said thanks for the support! It was an amazing show! And an even better time!

#783 6 years ago

Ha ha we were so serious in that first video! Oh how that went out the window!!!!

#791 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I enjoyed the review updates - thanks!
Strange though - I found myself agreeing 100% with Greg's perspective for a change as I'm really digging Batman 66 lately too!
What the hell's wrong with you Zach - whad'ya mean you HATE BM66's music?! Granted, it's not "Cherry Bomb", but then again what is?

Thank you sir!

Quoted from Yelobird:

Yet another great video. Just watching it they seem like the kind of guys you just want to have a beer with. (and not punch in the face) You guys Really need to do an unplugged kind of video (off the cuff edited of coarse) maybe a driving go-pro cam (like the American Pickers only the American Pinballers) on your next adventure. lol I am betting the conversations and rhetoric would rival Bill and Teds great adventure.

You know we have discussed something similar to this! Our distance between each other is the major hang up but who knows.....we may be able to do a few a year! And I can’t thank you both enough for all your support!!!

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Maybe a lot of software work, but they could have multiple game modes, including "simplified" rule version, that makes the games simple and linear.
Also, I really wish these new machines had WiFi/networking, where the community could post and compete with scores. Would be really cool to see a world wide top score and aim for it. Get in the top 25, etc etc.
We are in the age of cloud computing and WiFi everywhere. Probably this is really easy to implement.

I agree with this....aaaaaa lot!!!

#820 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You got it! I find myself just parking the multiplier on the Death Star shot at game start and leaving it there anyway. Unless you’re playing competitively, understanding the rules of these complex game is not necessary to have fun imo. Just play and have fun.

You lie Chuck it’s all about the points to have fun!!!! IF YOUR NOT FIRST YOUR LAST!!!! Ha ha you are right but I do think people want the opertunity to put up a good score on a pin without a calculator ha ha! I can’t speak for SW but heard it’s not as complicated as it seems

#841 6 years ago

Hell yes! Way to get in there man! Damn those overhead lights!

#843 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Game doesnt look too bad. Im still not a fan of ever who does their artwork at all though. Its easily Spooky’s best game so far.

I don’t mind the art. Think it looks pretty good actually but I’ll agree it looks like there best shooter by far and the art looks better then any of there other pins.......maybe not RZ back backglass

#845 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the artwork looks very amateurish.....sorry but its just how i feel. I think the color choices on the playfield art are very bland also. I dont like the upper playfield at all, but i really do like the castle and the castle walls that are on the playfield. The screen animation are decent, not bad and not great. Without playing yet, im looking at about a C at this point Bone, what do you think? Depending on the code and how it plays, that could go up to a C+ or if it plays like RZ it could drop to a D-. If you and Zach need any help with your reviews, feel free to get in touch with me anytime.

Ha ha I pretty open minded about the way things are exicuted. While I don think there art is any thing like MET or AS I think it has its own feel and I’m pretty down for it! And I think it holds the same feel through the whole game. I’m glade they didn’t try to go with a realistic approach.
I’ll reserved my full opinion till I see it in person! I’m easily at a strong B with what I’m seeing though!

#849 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

No pops or are they under the upper play field?

Not sure! I asked Zach and he wasn’t sure. So I would say if he didn’t hear or notice them they are probably not there! But we will find out for sure!

#866 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It’s a looker for sure! I can’t wait to play again, a full game though

I agree can’t wait to see how it shoots and put a few hours on it! That what matters in the end!

#885 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You may be pulling the trigger too fast Zach!! I see that you dont own GB anymore either, what the hell? Are we going to have to change your name to Zachinator or WaspMeny?
I will give you credit on one thing Zach, you do an excellent job modding your games. They look awesome!! The two games i am going to have trouble with on not buying day 1 will be Elvira 3 and The Munsters. I probably wont have the cash to buy them when they first release, but if i do its going to be hard for me not to pick up the phone and make that call to my distributor i can tell you that much right now.

Ha ha ha zachinator!!!!! I agree with with both Munsters and Elvira!!!!! Iv always wanted a complete monsters/ horror lineup

#888 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Greg i just noticed that you have GB, is that Zachs GB game? If so that is a nice one for sure! I love my GB!

It is not! But I need to update. I traded it for a TWD a long time ago! We both loved the pin but we got into a competition to see who could get to “we’re ready to believe you” and we both played the shit out of that pin till zach beat me to it! I had to move on for a while! I’m finally at the point where I’m missing it again!

#891 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh yeah thats right, i remember that now. Nice collection, i didn’t realize that you had AC/DC, thats a nice game. Did you sell TWD also?

Yes sir. Traded TWD and got lw3 and DM. Then just the other day I got AC/DC!

#896 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It would be hard for me to part with my TWD but LW3 and DM are two really fun games so you did pretty good i would say.

Truly the only reason I got rid of it was I was down to two pins! Iv found that I can’t own less then three. LWJP stays forever so it was really like being down to one game all the time. Play it till I hate it then I would switch that pin out......play it till I hate it switch that one out ha ha. Being able to play 2 or 3 I don’t get tired of playing them! TWD has to be about the pin ever made

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

After seeing Iron Maiden pro I'm going to guess that it will be Greg's first NIB pin! Looks pretty cool. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan so I won't be buying one for my home but definitely look forward to trying one on location.
Update - yeah maybe I'll buy a pro one day, lol .

Ha ha the thing looks like it shoots amazing! If I wouldn’t have just bought another pin I would certainly think about it

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

What pin did you pick up Greg?

AC/DC!

Hummm I’d need time on both but I think I’d go with Iron Maiden as well.

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

I have a Pirates LE on pre-order and I'm waffling on it. With a delay to August, and watching all the streams, slowly loosing my enthusiasm. The game looks amazing. I'm new to the hobby, and not yet feeling too stocked about the super complexity. My Dialed In is a fun shooter, with simple rules.
My TNA has shipped, so assuming I'm in love with it, I may jump ship from my Pirates order. Pun intended. Simple fun rules, impossible to master. Chaos. Sound. Light show. I'm more excited about TNA than Pirates. Since the deposit is refundable, I will wait until summer to see how I feel about a third pin.

Yeah man it sucks that it’s taking so long to get them out! The good thing is you can always buy one!!!! Atleast a standard! And don’t be scared about the rules! It’s far easier to understand then you think.......well most of it ha ha!

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Definitely sounds great. I have watched all the JJP streams, and have a good feel for the game play. In the meantime, I've expanded to a 2 pin collection, so my desperation to get a POTC soon is subsided. To be revisited in the fall when they start shipping.
The real question though - will JJP announce the next pin before Pirates ships? If they do, and I like the theme better, maybe I will switch. Really doubt they will announce early again though. I already heard they wished they had waited to unveil POTC at TPF instead of 6 months earlier.
For POTC we will have been watching a full year of video before it finally ships. That has to eventually hurt sales?

No I agree with you. I think it could hurt sales! Hopefully not too bad because it’s such a cool pin! It won’t be announced till they are shipping POTC! I’m not certain but I don’t think they will show the next title till next year!
Sounds like your building a hell of a collection

#948 6 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

So I’m in Vegas. And I was walking through one of the casinos and I saw this. I had to stop and take a picture of it for you guys.
JJ

I need to order that shit for Zach and make him wear it every time he’s about to rant lol

#957 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

While I So appreciate you both and your honest unbiased commentary and review my wife has asked that you please stop! To date with your informative influence I have purchased an Escalera from Awesome Larry, a POTC CE, 2 Houdini’s, and an Aerosmith. From my wife this must stop now! You are like drug dealers to my addiction! Kidding aside, I Sincerely hope each of the vendors and OEM’s appreciate and acknowledge all you do to inform and influence the Pinball hobby. I value my distributors but always understand their inherent bias in product representation. Keep showing and telling us how it is and I will continue to make educated decisions. Until my wife pulls the Amex anyway. Lol. Buy it or Bone it!

IM DYING RIGHT NOW!!!!! “Buy it or Bone it”!!!!! Thank you both for every thing!
PS The dog house isn’t to bad a place to be as long as there’s pins in it ha ha ha

1 week later
#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Destroy the Ring is the best wizard mode and best mode in pinball and should've been number one. It is so intense and so satisfying when completed!! IMO.
Also, love the new photoshop snapshots during the show, LOL. Keep up the great work guys!

Ha ha it’s Lori......because every one hated Lori!!!!

2 months later
#1554 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

C'mon bone you need to brush up on your Lost world rules... From ipdb:
Mobile Lab
Completing TREX on the inlane/outlanes lights the last completed letter's outlane/inlane light one of the letters for TREX. When the flashing letter is collected, Mobile Lab begins.
Mobile lab starts as a two-ball multiball where the goal is to shoot the spinners. Twenty spins are needed to collect the first mobile lab jackpot. When a jackpot is collected, a ball is added, up to four balls.
The first jackpot is collected at 20 spins and awards 200k.
The second jackpot is collected at 25 spins and awards 300k.
The third jackpot is collected at 40 spins and awards 400k.
The fourth jackpot is collected at 50 spins and awards 500k.

Mine must being running a different code then. Or I’ll check my settings and see if it’s on easy or something. Mine definitely does not progress like that......which is insane if that was the final code ha ha

#1555 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Watching Greg geek out of JP makes this a top episode poor guy has waited so long to do this review. I'm actually surprised he hasn't moved The Lost World to the place of honor between you two guys. I do own both pins and I have never made it to the wizard mode on lost world but Mobile Labs is not super hard on mine. It's just getting every mode at the same time that is such a bitch.
Zack, purple on the JP topper is sacrilege, I have red, orange, yellow LEDs across the top and it lights it up just like the backglass.
ColorDMD is amazing on both pins.

My flippers are aligned pretty spot on but Iv thought about dropping them ever so slightly. I think it would give me a better angle to those orbits.

#1557 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No spoilers but your thoughts on the new movie?

I’m going tonight. Couldn’t make it last night with the rain.ill let you know tomorrow. I’ll let zach give his thoughts. He watched last night

1 week later
#1575 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Can anyone tell me how to do a team play. Two couples, Players 1&3 on team and Players 2&4 on team. I've changed setting to "yes" team score. Did a four player game. Only displayed individual scores and no Team 1 and Team 2.

not sure! I’ll look at mine and see what it does

#1610 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Just watched your top 10 ramps episode. Probably a bunch more could be put at least in the honorable mention category.
Game of Thrones ball lock ramp would be one of mine. Shooting a single ball from the lock, back up the ramp and back to the lock again and repeating this while it doesn't accomplish a lot, still can be pretty fun if you hit four or five in a row. The physical ball lock with sword is neat. Maybe this makes it in your top 10 Ball Locks if not the top 10 ramps ?
Also liked this episode in that I didn't have to spend an hour watching it. Shorter episodes are ok ! Zach probably was hungry and wanted to shoot a quick episode so he could have some hot dogs and ketchup - that's ok too.
Enjoyed the episode.

Ha ha he always wants them longer. I for one like a good 45min episode

Quoted from Beebl:

zmeny Wow man for all that talk about BM66 it didn't appear to last very long next to the water heater!

Im just glade he gave it a chance! Thought for sure if he owned it he would fall in love!

#1634 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I emailed Stern about "Team Play" settings and here's the reply.
Sorry but the software to add the scores was never done. You can set the adjustment but the games will not change. The newest games do not have this feature any more, so it has been discontinued.
Best regards,
Chas Siddiqi
Stern Pinball Tech. Support
800 542-5377

That setting would bring more younger people into pinball. IMO

Awwww that sucks!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

What would be amazing is if more coop modes were introduced like TNA. Especially for those crazy hard wizard modes.

I agree

1 week later
#1696 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Loving the Austin Powers, baywatch, and bsd love.
Not that I would know anything about those.
Not that I would but for this or that...
these three games or get rid of two for a stern pro and keep one or get rid of all for a jjp
Good job guys

It would be hard for me to get rid of those 3 for a newer stern. If you did I’d probably keep the BSD!

1 week later
#1718 5 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

IMO you guys are dead on with WOZ....I own it and it is by far one of the most frustrating pins I have played. The left outline really pisses me off. Everyone in my family has put up an amazing score but know one knows how it happened. I hate to say this but I do not know if it even says jackpot, nor do I have an idea of how to get a jackpot. On the other hand there is so much to do that I love it. The theme integration is amazing, light show is dazzling, the call out are outstanding and when the magnet catches the ball for an easy shot on the witch...incredible. I have such a love hate relationship with WOZ

Spot on as well! It is mystifying!

Quoted from FalconPunch:

Aussie checking in.
My wife also hates your voice, but also your face.

This made my morning.....Zach’s not so much

#1749 5 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Iron Maiden sucks! what do we do!?

That is super creepy!!!!!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Ouch. Somehow LW3 would win this one.

Ha ha you may be right

#1773 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We will just agree to disagree then because i just dont think someone can be totally unbiased on product reviews when they are reviewing a friends product. I don't say that to be a dick or anything either, thats just how i feel and i doubt that i could be any different myself. Like i said in a previous post, there's a game coming up that you are going to be reviewing and that review is probably going to say alot if the game turns out to be as bad as i think it is going to be. If the game turns out to be good though we will just have to wait for another day of course.

I really do understand where your coming from. I don’t think any one can be unbiased about any situation ever as we are all influenced to some degree from outside veribles or emotions.
It is hard. It’s always in the back of my mind. But honestly I don’t really let it get in my way. We are acquainted with most of the industry and would like to keep a friendly relationship with all of them. We have had some negative things to say about most all of them. Some things that we have already said about some games have closed doors for us at certain places and cost us opportunities. We knew this was going to happen when we reviewed the pins and continued any way. Are we concerned that we could be shut out from every thing......yes!!!!!! But that’s still not going to stop us from saying a pin is no good or some aspect of it if it isn’t. And I’m sure we’re going to piss off some more in the future. Friendships mend. I tell Zach he’s a dick from time to time or scrutinize something he’s done. But inthe end he’s my friend and we mend. If any one in this industry is our friend they will understand if we scrutinize there work and that relationship will mend as well.

#1779 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

since we're getting deep on this - here's my view....last sentence of this summarizes everything.
To the bone's point there is always a bias b/c we're humans and based on our DNA that has to exist. The answer we're all looking for is for the LEAST bias opinion and gravitate towards that. IMO I believe the SDTM guys are at the top of that list. Are they perfect? Definitely not.
Do I think for a second that the lovefest with pinstadium use is not related to their friendship to Scott? Of course it does - Zach does the voiceover for the damn product! Do I think the full tour and in depth interview for Houdini didn't influence Zachs review? Of course it did - I even mentioned the same when he posted that insane score. To Zachs point we agreed to disagree and moved on.
Does it really matter? I believe their hearts are in the right place and they do the best job balancing it. In the video game review space it exists too. IGN? Joke. Giant Bomb = prob best balance.
Zach is a guy that puts a ton of effort ON TOP of the job he does to support his family (same with the bone) and anything he does he tries to kill it which means pride is running high too - I'm the say way. Therefore I understand why he got pissed. To my earlier points, I also understand Who-Dey's view and he did a fantastic job laying it out - who dey killing it.
Bottom line - in an inherently flawed system, SDTM is the best at what they do.

Very well said but I do have to tell you and I swear this is no bull shit. Zach really does Love Pinstadium that much ha ha. He literally sends me pics like they are his kids on every pin he puts them on. I had one problem with them and I voiced it a few times about being able to see the damn bulbs. But that is fixed and Now they are on most of my pins.
Really do appreciate the kind words from you and who Dey!

1 week later
#1859 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

RecBar is pretty frickin sweet!

Yeah tons of pins and it just keeps growing! I find something new every time I’m there. Oddly enough my go to game there is Barbwire ha ha!

#1866 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Greg and SDTM thanks for introducing us to this amazing place! Tony seems like a straight up great guy and that place is incredible. Absolutely going to stop in and support them anytime I head south. Glad to see and meet people so supportive of the hobby and their community. Thanks.
Total side note. Curious what you two goof balls are going to do for the upcoming Episode #69 lol Like to suggest a segment on the sexiest backglasses, games, callouts, etc to fit the theme.... lol

Ha ha it never crossed my mind!!! But now it has!!!

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Is there a "Leave It To Beaver" pinball?
Tony is a stand up guy and wished I lived down the street, would save me alot of money.

No leave it to beaver!

Quoted from Gunnut40:

Dammmmmn! Looks like recbar has upgraded a bit since I was there . All they have to do down grade the kids menu to the normal. Just a standard hot dog pbj mac or hamburger. They may have done that by now been about 8 months.

Yeah changed a lot! Not sure about the menu though

#1874 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Fun poll added

Know who else loves a fun poll..... your mom!

#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

Why is there no “Team Drunk Greg” option?

Ha ha because neither of us are proud of him!!!

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They are both equally great guys and i love their passion for pinball but Zach just makes me shake my head sometimes and i feel like i need to have a talk with him to keep him on the right track. I think hes just a little too young and could use some guidance once in awhile.

I’m old at heart and trying to get him on track! But you know these young ones.....they think they know it all!

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

.. so Greg completes Zach
Have uncovered a new Pinside feature which reveals real names of everyone who voted. Interesting results so far:
8 votes for Greg -> 1) Greg 2) Greg's girlfriend 3) Zach's mom 4) Zach's wife 5) Zach's daughter 6) Zach's dog 7) Zach's goldfish and 8 me
8 votes for Zach -> 1) Zach 2) Zach on alternate account #1 3) Zach on alternate account #2 4) Zach on Greg's 5) Zach on work computer #1 6) Zach on work computer #2 7) honest Pinsder vote and 8 dyslexic Pinsider who thought he was supposed to vote who he hated listening to the most.
So far this race is neck and neck, and it looks like they've exhausted their relatives and alternate computers.

That is honestly some of the best shit I have ever seen!!!! PURE GENIUS

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Demo Man is a great shooting game, it's also a great value game. You get a ton for your money with that one. It's super freaking ugly though. While people will always like different color schemes or styles, you just can't compare the quality of art of Demo Man with Deadpool. Mentioning them together even sounds wrong.

Ha ha I wasn’t comparing quality of art.....just color schemes! I think it’s a beautiful pin lol

A7A00F71-CE8D-46E6-8D3E-D0F935FB2FF2 (resized).jpegA7A00F71-CE8D-46E6-8D3E-D0F935FB2FF2 (resized).jpeg
#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Hey Greg, depending on your comics preference and background, I think I may be with you on why Deadpool art kinda feels "off". It is drawn in Liefeld/ 90's Image Comics style. That was the era of oversized everything, bad feet, multiple covers, and began the comics slump. Almost seems like the new stern game should come with a lenticular cover...remember those?

I do for sure! I never owned one though! Messed with my eyes and never really felt like a comic!

Quoted from Darscot:

I would have prefered a movie theme on this license, I don't read the comics so for me Ryan Reynolds is Dead Pool. However, Stern did an awesome job with the comic theme and the style looks awesome. I get where Greg is coming from with art and the colors, for me the Pro is the best art and the other two are just a little too much. The black trim tone it down and make it the best package. I want a pro with the disco ball, that would be my ideal pin. I'm not a fan of the 8/16 Bit animations, its just too trendy and been done to death these days. I would have much prefered cell shading (kind of Punch Out Wii) with the same art style as the pin . Also the animations so far look very low frame count, everyone hates on Houdini for the animations this seems to be just as jerky. Can't wait to see him break the fourth wall that certainly has the potential to justify this art and animation choice. Hopefully they can pull it off, so far the retro style with low frame count looks a little budget for my taste.

I agree I really want a pro with the disco!!!!!

#1925 5 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

I do for sure! I never owned one though! Messed with my eyes and never really felt like a comic!

I agree I really want a pro with the disco!!!!!

Well I say that but damn do I love that Megladon!!!!!!!!

#1930 5 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Me too! More gameplay! I have been waiting for a LOTR review,it's probably gone by now,
Yes I am a Gomez fan,not ashamed.....

Man I like Gomez too! I don’t mind a little clink and clank!

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Pretty sweet to see the guy rockin the STDM T in the Deadpool stream. I want to see at least a call in interview with him on the next episode.

Oh man zach and I have already talked about it! That was balls out amazing

#2014 5 years ago

I’d wear it.....but I don’t need the cod piece

Quoted from ASOA:

Alright. I'm going to say it. Stern What the hell! Game looks good but what is the deal with Mr. Danger? Did he really have to wear some tight ass spandex costume? That was not the reveal I was expecting! Some people may be into that stuff but not me. I will wait for the professionals at SDTM to do a proper review of the game. Zach would never dress so promiscuous.

#2018 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

We just need you to stop wearing those scarves in the winter.

Man it’s cold up north!

Quoted from Coz:

hollywoodbone and his homie Gomez at the Deadpool release poolside party
[quoted image]

And when I thought it couldn’t get any better......lol

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats the Greg i know right there! Him and ole George are Buddies till the end looks like! Be honest, do you think that Greg will be able to give a unbiased review of Deadpool with how close him and George are? I say no way!

Man you know I can’t through my man under the bus!!!!

#2041 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I agree that we all want to see that. The question is: is it not more exciting for you guys also, and therefore always more positive than just playing it somewhere else. That is what I mean.
And again, just keep on doing what you do, it is great.

Honestly on my end no!!!! We have meet most of the people before. I’m running around setting up/ trying to manage 3 cameras while staying out of sight of each!
We actually weren’t even going to play a single game of POTC because of time! We were packing up and every one seemed offended that we hadn’t even touched the pin ha ha so we played one game......that last a while because......well Eric made the damn thing!!!
Now I do very much enjoy chatting and having a few drinks with all of them at shows! But both places we have gone filming has been Work and stress ha ha !!!!!!

#2054 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

Kinda an emo episode, lot's of feelings and beautiful discussions. lol

Ha ha it was a bit deep!!!!

Quoted from Coz:

Another great episode guys. I enjoy your honesty and passion for pinball.

And I enjoy you photoshop skills!!!!!

#2071 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Baby deadpool? I don't get it? This pin as theme is big let down period. I'm going to Walmart and buying candy land....I might find something more deadpool in that!

I did think it was going to be a little more gritty!

#2072 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Your not the target market anyway Gunnut. You only have two pins so it's doubtful you would be a purchasing one anyway.

I sat on one pin for almost 2 years and then went to 5 in about 6months. When something comes along that really grabs me I’ll finally pull the trigger on a NIB myself. I think that should be the goal of manufacturers. Make something that persuades you to finally get that NIB!

#2085 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hey Greg, how do you like Demo man during Prison MB when the game looks like it's malfunctioning? It's awesome ain't it? for a 25 year old game!

Yeah Demo Time is super cool. I love the start of it! Light show is great, the dmd is crazy! I just wish there was a little more to it then just another jackpot multiball! But seriously one of my favorite wizard mode start ups!

#2103 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What point you trying to make weinermobile?

Ha ha I didn’t understand either

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not sure but it sounds like he may think you are biased a little bit? Lol

I did get something to that affect lol

#2109 5 years ago

Found it. Ok let's have a look shall we? ....
Greg's Reviews - I pretty much agree with his final results, which is why I was vote #10 for him. I would challenge him to replay and then review JPLW and SWLE again.
Zach's Reviews - I see these as legit picks. Hurry up with the deadpool gameplay and review please.
[quoted image]

What JPLW is in the perfect spot lol! I do agree SW should be higher! I actually still own both.....well a pro SW

I just thought it was funny, when discussing the issue of sdtm being objective in their reviews and opinions .... Greg said we are as biased as we can be. I have an odd sense of humor. And then to have video evidence of the event was funny too.
Personally, I think your reviews have been objective and sincere. A disagree with a few by a shade, but think you guys do a good job of giving us your opinions. I'm not going to buy any stock or pinballs off your tips but I love to hear them.
We need a pic of your overall games reviews to examine closer. I'll look for a screenshot in the meantime.

Ha ha we knew what you were saying!!!
And thank yuh for the kind words!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Greg is real and he thinks things through before he comments on what people have to say instead of getting all defensive and saying things that he shouldn't say. Thats the sign of a smart and reasonable person. If you will notice Greg is always thinking and processing what people are saying. Thats my kind of people, thats why i voted team Greg!

Yeah we hit it from different angles. Kinda what makes it work.

#2116 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Well, they have indy at the top....so fail, right there. Lol! Just messing with you guys. But seriously Greg JM is at the bottom? WTF man? Get it straight, you own Lost World and LW3 you have no business dogging Gomez's 2nd best game of all time.

Dude I love JM!!!! What made it so low was call outs and I think theme.....but I’ll have to look back because it’s Keanu so it’s still great!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

I will have to say after looking at the ratings list that Zach and Greg both got some head scratchers in there as far as ratings go lol but Zach is really far off on many of his reviews looks like. I think it might be time to rethink the rating system?

We always recommend looking at the individual grades instead of just the final. That way you can look at the things that are important to you in a pin. That’s the reason we don’t weight the ratings. Some people will honestly get rid of a pin just because the sounds suck and they can’t get into it even though it shoots good!
I need to work on posting all grades for all the pins so people can look over them in more detail!

#2162 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Hey before it gets lost in all the jokes, and ranking stuff I want to say thank you both for putting on this show I really enjoy it and look forward to it.

Hey thanks man! Very much appreciated!

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would love to connect with you guys but I'm never in your neck of the woods. As a New Yorker I'm already feeling super mid west living in Pittsburgh but if I'm ever more west I'll reach out. Drinks on me all night. You guys deserve it bc I genuinely love watching your videos.
Pic time bc it's gorgeous and I'm drinking my new favorite drink...... Angels envy.
[quoted image]

As a landscaper by trade I have to comment on your fantastic view and that patio!!! Ha ha angels envy is some good stuff. Basically right down the road from me! There’s nothing like some bourbon in the back yard

#2168 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Oh yeah, Angels Envy is very nice. Here is to bourbon, Friday nights, and NFL football
[quoted image]

Very nice endeed!!!! Can’t wait for the season to start!

#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Hey guys!
First off thank you for doing this review. I thought it was very thorough and fair. This was actually much more positive than I was anticipating. The stuff you pointed out that you do not like is very good for me to hear as I can take this feedback and make sure to address it with the next game. Luckily, the stuff that stood out to me as issues are totally just normal things.
Scoop Rejects: So the scoop will reject sometimes due to the internal protector that is built into the mechanism. You can get around this by putting a few washers or a 3d printed spacer under the scoop mounting holes on the bottom side of the playfield. This will essentially drop the scoop lower and open the hole up. We chose to not do this on this scoop by default as we would rather have the scoop protection work as well as possible.
Easy Scoop Reject Fix: Another easier option is to bend the top of the scoop downward toward the playfield carefully and it will help big time with the rejects.
Thanks again guys for the review!
--Scott

Hey Scott thank you so much man! Looking forward to game 2!

#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Another great and enjoyable episode. I only hope that one day a few specific individuals will realize that its just a review, its a couple of guys trying to be helpful to the community and give their thoughts for those of us that enjoy it. Do we have to do the whole STDM is bias, every review is wrong and it should have been exactly the same as my opinion. I enjoy everyone sharing their opinion but do get tired of the mine is right and yours is wrong.
Was that a Simpsons with a ColorDMD?! It must have had that when Greg bought it or did you finally shell out for a screen? One suggestion I have for the show. It would be nice if you guys gave a 2 minutes update at the start on your collections. What's gone, whats coming in, what your looking at. You do sprinkle the information here and there but I think it would be a good section or maybe even a recurring episode. I'm sure Zack could do an episode a month easy on his wheeling and dealing.

The 2 min thing may be a good idea! I’ll talk to Zach! And yes the color dmd was there when I bought it. If I end up buying one it will most certainly be for Lost World before any other ha ha! I’m getting closer ha ha

#2229 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They literally gave lethal Weapon 3 passing grades, and not even Ds.

You have to more time on it Law!!!!! It’s a special little pin that I keep going back too. When I have people over it gets some of the most plays.
Stern Simpsons is pretty bad! And Hook except that theme is amazining and it looks pretty cool

Quoted from chuckwurt:

What would be an F overall game for everyone? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one. I think NASCAR might be my closest, but I can’t give that lower than a D, cause it’s actually decently fun to shoot.
Hurricane is pretty bad too, but the art is phenomenal and some of the rules are cool.
Everything about the game has to be terrible to get an F imo. Pretty crazy that every single game has its redeeming qualities.

#2250 5 years ago

Man all the hate on Barb Wire! Shoots a little funky but for some reason I love playing it every time I see it. I think it would get old real quick to own but on location I run to it every time! Lol

Quoted from ZMeny:

Freaking Greg, I think he means data east.

Ha ha was thinking two different thoughts at the same time. And dealing with a crazed kid!

#2253 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thank you and welcome back

A guy writes one thing wrong.....

#2268 5 years ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

I've owned Four System 3s over the past several years. I actually really enjoy Rescue 911. The helicopter is cool. The layout is fine with me. The Life Force sort of Wizard Mode is a little opaque if you don't know what you're doing, but I still really like it. For $1,250 or so I'm having a blast with it. As far as System 3s go, I definitely like Mario Andretti less than Rescue 911. I find Cactus Jack's to be pretty annoying. Shaq Attaq is pretty bad. I hate the looks of Freddy: A Nightmare on Elm Street. 911 isn't a classic by any means, but I've gotten a lot of bang for the buck out of it.

A man that is on my level!

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Damn this thread got heavy in a hurry!
Can we all just universally agree that all Gottliebs are just short of a dumpster fire?

No shit! Come on guys the banter and opinions are welcome here about pins and the episodes but stuff needs to lighten up a bit.
Oh and I don’t agree with the the dumpster! I like a few Gottliebs!

#2291 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If you guys haven’t played Freddy find one. I had a blast the one night I played it for a couple hours. Goofy scoring at times like most system 3s, but the unique layout is surprisingly fun to shoot.

I agree. Like barb wire I’m not sure it would last long but it’s fun and probably the creepiest sounds and call outs of any pin!

#2390 5 years ago

Only the whitest of white boys use the term “booty cutters”

#2394 5 years ago

When is Team Greg getting a nib? Inquiring SDTM fans want to know. You are smart enough to know you gotta stretch and warmup beforehand. Also won't quit before reaching the finish line.

Soon!!!! I’m holding out to see if that Munsters happens!

#2402 5 years ago

Team Greg ... thinking ahead to when you get to the timed trial portion of your Munsters pinball opening party ...
.... come dressed as Herman while (Zach must be dressed as Lily and be one of your pit crew ... (maybe this will occur near Halloween so it won't look so weird) One kid can come dressed as Eddy and also be a pit crew. Job of 2 man pit crew (Zach and kid, hehe) .... is their steadfast commitment to the credence -> every good pit crew member always carries the correct socket wrench.
As soon as Greg opens box (hints later) pit crew pull it away and rush in to find legs and bolts. They secure top legs and bolts. Greg tilts game down on front legs, and in ninja like fashion, lifts the back end of the game (while in his Herman boots, hehe). Pit crew adds set of back legs and bolts. Then Greg opens glass and completes (INSIDE stuff), while pit crew cleans up and removes packing material. Greg plunges and plays a test ball. If not ok he fixes, if ok - he returns glass and adds lockdown bar. The script is written, now we need a couple of lugs from the Midwest, one kid - and 2 1/2 - performance-of-a-lifetimes.)

Greg, we expect green face paint, a Herman inspired wardrobe and big ass boots. Tape all at 1/2 speed to be played later at 2x speed on user's normal setting. Then score afterwards with your favorite monster track. Of course you'll stomp Zach's record by so much it will be ridiculousness!

hints <to save 45 sec> add 2-man pit crew and <to save 30 sec> (assumes top flaps can be folded backwards) cut all four sides around bottom of box and make a three sided opening on the trucking side of box. Have pit crew cart box away, bro.

Ha ha jeff you worry me! That’s some detailed shit.....but I may be able to make it work!

#2441 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You have a very sick imagination........

Ha ha it is a scary thought!
On a side note I put my hands on DP today for the first time! Playing it the rest of the week! This review.....

#2446 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Great show as usual guys!

Thanks Eric! It was a fun one!

#2455 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Bit of a mellow episode was kinda just background while I was working, then Greg drops the T1000 bomb and I almost choked myself to death trying not to laugh!

Ha ha you’ll never watch T2 the same way ever again!

#2467 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Shrimp!?! WTF!!!!!
Ha! Great episode, although I totally disagree and would (and have) chosen WOZ over IMDN. Hobbit beats Houdini. And I would take Color DMD over Pinstadium lights on a DMD game (obviously other games do not apply). Kinda disappointed in my Pinstadium purchase. It does help with WOZ, but twice I've forgotten to remove them when lifting the playfield and ripped them off. =

Ha ha Tom you know we love you!
I forget every now and then to remove my sets! Hasn’t seemed to hurt them though!

#2468 5 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

I have never heard you guys discuss either of these 2 games on your show. Throw this one onto your "this or that" for next time.
Indianapolis 500
Vs
Dirty Harry

Nice! I need to find an Indy to put some time on. Haven’t played it much. Played DH quit a bit!

Quoted from Goronic:

Instead of both - perhaps flip a coin if they are that close. Or just go with Hobbit - that is the right answer.
Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am talking about - I haven't played Houdini....

From now on a coin toss if that ever happens again!

Quoted from jgentry:

"This or that, Houdini or The Hobbit"
Greg "Both"
Zach "Both"[quoted image]

Ha ha one of my favorite memes!

#2477 5 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

OK - We need a gofundme for bone... 5k for a signed Gomez profile tattooed on his ass...

Ha ha is it worth a pro? I’m going to pressure Garry at expo. Tell him it’s great marketing!

Quoted from delt31:

2k viewers guys!!!! congrats!
I love this or that episodes. Some really good ones here. Boxer briefs ftw....
a lot of talk about this hobbit vs houdini one. For me, it's really simple considering the latter is absolutely terrible. Hobbit all day long fellas. Regardless of the choice, if you're doing a this or that, you need to pick one. Otherwise, what's the point. We can't have this "both" nonsense.
Color DMD vs pinstadiums was another good one. Color DMD all day long but I now have 3 pinstadiums and they do make a big difference on those older games but I only really play DMD games so color is a must.

Thank you sir! 2k is is kinda where we set our goal after we realized the show worked! No time time to surpass all the others.....well Pinball atleast! We’ll never touch TNT! Lol

#2485 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We would love to make every show, but money spent = angry wives. We choose our battles haha

For once Zach is right about something!

#2487 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

zmeny and hollywoodbone -
Here are a few ideas for the show:
Assuming a collection of 5-10 (you guys pick), best pin to have for non-pinhead guests?
I’ve been keeping WOZ around because it attracts just about everyone, but I generally suggest my guests start with MMR or AFMR, and avoid SW and TNA.
Also, how about top 3 must have arcade/collection accessories? Not ColorDMD vs pinstadium like you just covered, but rather lift tables, cleaning supplies, stair climbers, etc.

I like that! Would make for some good specials!

#2527 5 years ago

Oh boy, it’s arrived - the coveted DP review. Listening to it now because I’m aboot living in the present.
The shirt looks great i’ll be ordering one, possibly two. Can we get some different shirt colors that aren’t black. I liked both your shirt in episode 73. Would that be possible, at least for preorders? 90% of Pinball shirts come in black, SDTM swings the other way. Oh my!
Any truth to the rumor Deadpool shared that you are professional cockgobblins? that was the funniest thing Ive heard all day, I laughed nonstop for the three minutes. ...add that one to the back of the shirt. ... or how about adding another to top row.. We are as biased as we can be.

Thanks Jeff! Super appreciate it!

Quoted from Darscot:

You guys were to generous for my taste. The soundtrack my be all original but it has none of style or feeling of Deadpool. I know it’s not a movie theme but the movies set the bar for soundtrack and this does not measure up. Zachs Deadpool impression in this episode is more accurate than anything in the pin. The colossus shot is unforgivable, the theme is an A+ but Sterns implementation is a D. This one is a big disappoint.
P.S. Thanks for the shout out

Ha ha zach did do a hell of a job!

Quoted from tbutler6:

Great Vid!
Like the new shirt also. Supporter of you guys from the start.
Some feedback if you want it...I think you should atleast talk about the prem/le’s on your pro reviews. Leaves the pro vid unfinished and will the prem/le reviews stand on their own?
Sure you guys are going to knock it out as usual. This is simply what i felt.

Really good point! Zach sprung the pro thing on me during filming! I’ll talk with him and see what he has in mind! Thanks for watching through all these episodes ha ha!

#2589 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This probably wont be popular but in my opinion the show and the reviews were better when you guys were just two guys from small town Indiana with no sponsors or ties to the owners of these pinball companies, that loved pinball and you had a show once in awhile and talked about pinball. You have created alot of work on yourselves with traveling and all of the editing and stuff and to me its just not needed or worth it.
When i watch your show i honestly dont care about Deadpool popping up on the screen and saying something funny or things like that. Im fine with just putting a camera in front of you and watching you talk about pinball without worrying about hurting anyones feelings. Give me the cold hard truth about a game, no Mr. Niceguy bullshit or beating around the bush.
I dont want to be rude or mean but it seems like you're too worried about being celebrities (cough cough Zach) or something. The show has gotten too mainstream. The show isnt going to make you rich or famous anyway so i say keep it simple and DEFINITELY keep it 100% bias free. Also as far as sponsors go, i dont wanna watch that bullshit, it just pisses me off more than anything because i have to fast forward through it. Thats why i watch everything on my DVR at home, so i don't have to watch all of the stupid commercials. Thats why i love Netflix, i dont even have to fast forward through any commercials on there.
Just give me a pinball show without all the horseshit and keep it simple. I don't care about all of the little funny out takes and cut scenes. You probably spend alot of time editing and making that stuff and its not needed to have a good pinball show. The show just doesn't need to be that professional because at the end of the day, all we really care about is a little pinball talk and truthful reviews. Keep the show simple and spend the rest of your time with your family or playing more pinball instead of doing all this editing and shit. Not being a dick, just some friendly advice from someone who is a straight shooter. You're losing sight of who you were in my opinion. Im probably gonna get trashed for this post but i don't care, it is what it is.

Every one is entitled to there opinion for sure. But I respectfully have to disagree.
I feel whole hartedly that if the show would have remained the way it was we wouldn’t have half the viewers. No one wants crappy quality video or sound. We got numerous complaints in the beginning about sound. So we worked on it, made it better and still working to make it better.
On the other hand the one complement we recieved from the beginning and continue to receive is we are entertaing. So we continue to try and bring that. Zach’s mail man watches almost every show and the guy doesn’t know the first thing about pins! My wife watches at work some times with her co workers! The entertainment aspect brings in people and helps make the hobby fun and continue to grow. There are plenty of podcast just talking Pinball. We want a Visually entertaining show. We want people who are not familiar with a certain pin to see it, feel like they know the the pin without even touching it. While at the same time having a good laugh and making their shit day better!
Our sponsors make this possible. Without them it wouldn’t be possible to grow. We don’t get subscribers or bits because we’re not on Twitch much! (Thank you chuck wert for all your streaming) So our main source of any revenue is sponsors and shirts. There is not a form of media any where that you won’t find advertising in. It’s not in either of us to stay stagnant. We will always try to evolve and be the best show we can be!

#2592 5 years ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

Hey Zach/Greg has anyone noticed the missing " on ..Gomez for Life"..must be the cheap pro model and have to get the LE ti get the second "

Ha ha yes sir! It is corrected at the printer! Thank you though for looking out!!!!!

Quoted from TheGunnett:

I enjoy the shows and I contributed money direct through PayPal last week. I have heard of the Patreon account but most people would have to create one. It would allow you to have a monthly budget but with that type of commitment you’d be held to a higher standard. Good luck and people should contribute if they enjoy!

Thank you!!!! And we have a gift coming your way! We never want something for nothing!!!

#2597 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I don’t want anything but I have to get my own PayPal account. My wife asked why I sent some guy named Bone money and he’s thanking us! The truth was more embarrassing, it’s for those guys with the Pinball Show.

Ha ha the women will never understand!

Quoted from Yelobird:

The Mod Couple is In on Patreon if you start it no question. Best investment to support talent no doubt.

We love you guys and thank you for all you do!!!

#2602 5 years ago

Ha, you got boned! I think the patreon model works with one small exception - no manufacturers allowed. When a Pinball manufacturer sponsor someone, it creates a conflict and can cause people concern that you won’t be unbiased in your reviews. Most suppliers are fine to have as sponsors and shouldn’t cause any problems.
However the decision to take the patreon direction should be thoroughly considered. If you are going to be collecting a few hundred bucks a month, it might be better to decline it and remain independent. It is amazing how much ownership people feel every time they give you a few bucks. They become invested and will want to share their strong opinions, Those type headaches can be avoided by keeping things simple.
Alternatively you can accept sponsors, sell merchandise or use gofundme to collect money for buying equipment. Hey you need some cameras and a frame for streaming - time for a gofundme. I am still waiting for you to add some head to head video play to your reviews. I prefer my pinball podcasts to be full of all the bullshit.

I agree about manufacturers! Plus I don’t think they would stick around long ha ha! There’s no way would expect any one to take us seriously if we did!

#2603 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Yes - you are entertaining and I appreciate good sound and video quality. I agree a little bit with Who Dey though - a little bit. Tired of hearing about one advertiser in particular at the beginning of each segment. But I can live with it if it keeps you guys out of the poor house. Sell more T-shirts I guess. I could send Zach a package of hot dogs if money gets tight and he needs food on the table.
By the way besides your mom I am one of the guys that voted for you Greg. The facial expressions you make when Zach says goofy stuff is priceless. It's half the reason I watch the show along with the pinball talk. You are usually more on the mark for ratings on the machines too. Zach gets out in left field sometimes. But it's ok, it gives you something to work off of and us the viewers a reason to spit up our coffee, beer or other beverage depending when we are watching. Keep up the good work.

Ha ha thank you sir!
We do understand about sponsors! But sometimes you discover a product you didn’t know about or a distributor who treats you extra nice!!!!

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

That's because it's a badass game with killer code that way too many people decided it sucked before even playing it. I still love mine, it really has a lot to offer and if you learn the multipliers and really focus on maximizing everything it creates a completely new and different pinball experience.

100% agree!!!!! Code made the pin! I think because it looks bare and people have the preconceived notion that’s it’s complicated they give up on it to easy or just skip it. My goal all fall is to get people on Star Wars and Houdini! And what’s really odd is those two are the family’s favorite pins too. You should see my 7yr old shoot both of them ha ha. There not epic games but she gets things done!

#2747 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Surprised the hidden image was not mentioned. Please do not tell frodo to turn around.

As always great show and a spot on review.
[quoted image]

Ha ha you know I didn’t know about it! And that doesn’t look like a loin cloth hanging from Gollum either.....

#2792 5 years ago

I will have to say I was pretty bitter about the whole thing! I thought I had that second game in the bag.....

1 week later
#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

And a close up of Chucks face when it goes off. Lol[quoted image]

Ha ha I can’t wait to see you guys at expo!

1 week later
#2855 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Hey pretty cool to see you guys in off camera mode setting up for your seminar. This was viewable on the end of the pinball news video with Tim Arnold on youtube.

Thank you so much! It was a really great time! Looking to be bigger and better next year! We learned a lot this first time!

#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just picked this up for my son and the house. 14,000 games from arcade to console for minimal cost and a Lot less space then our previous mega mame took up. The screen resolution is spot on clear. We like it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Man love the theme!

#2965 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just a heads up - the bone has Sega's JPLW as rated higher than MBrLE.
Wow.
Great review guys - love the video. I usually go bone on reviews but B- in the art category? Also want to hear more about picking Octoberfest over MBr.....

Ha ha Zach convinced me on LWJP to go with my heart because it was my favorite pin lol. So it may be a little high.
I know I honesty probably focused on the playfield to much. It is so beautiful. I’m ashamed

#2969 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Ratings don't really matter when star wars rates so low but is enjoyed so much .

Yeah but it was severely lacking at that time! I think it may be the only pin we fully re-review. That’s been a lot of people wanting to see it!

2 weeks later
1 week later
#3247 5 years ago

Seems to be a general concences about the pin atleast!

#3256 5 years ago

Hey man we thought you did an amazing job finishing off the code. We had a Continued in our possession and thought it warranted a review. We don’t normally reach out to any one prior to a review. It’s a review. The way we feel about certain aspects of a pin from a players perspective. Sorry if we missed any thing you would want added. We tried to give a finer scrolling rundown of everything included.

#3257 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That you bothered to review it, and hadn’t reached out to get specific details or anything. I guess.

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So apparently I sound like an abrasive asshat all the time, no matter what my actual intent. I’m not bothered that you reviewed it, or about anything you said. You generally said very nice things, so thanks for that. Of course I wouldn’t expect you to reach out to the creators of most things you review, but ccc is a special case, and I’m pretty accessible. Since there seemed to be some things about it that you weren’t certain on, I was just suggesting that you could have asked about any of those types of details beforehand. Like the bit about Betty Bart. She was always on the back glass, what I did was add her to the game.
Anyway, carry on.

I didn’t think you sounded abrasive. Just disappointed or frustrated. I was confused about the back glass. I couldn’t remember which way it was. And hopefully I expressed that in the video.

Quoted from Bublehead:

epthegeek, Seems to me this is the right time and place to chime in with any pertinent and interesting info you could share on your adventure of creating CCC, and let us pinheads discuss it with you. I know I would have a lot of questions. Thanks for finishing CC, and giving it a better final polish. You turned a wood chopper into a playable machine, and thats not an easy task.

Eric I agree with bubblehead. That’s what this forum is about. We most certainly welcome input and any thing you can share about what you did with the code!

#3309 5 years ago

Well guys a new day brings new post!
So a question. Like my Simpsons a lot but just don’t play it much. What other pin would be worth getting ride of it for? Same value. Or minus a little. Was thinking Munsters???? Not sure I want 3 spike games though

#3321 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

You might consider BONE Busters? lol

I really have considered that pinbefore!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

No way Bubblehead. This is going to be one of the most epic games ever, just wait and see!

Man I’m hoping so!

Quoted from branlon8:

Perhaps the question is - will it have drop targets, magnets, extra flippers, a diverter or more than 7 multicolor leds ? - you get to pick 2, but not more. Or you can trade all those away for a second lcd screen.
But I’m sure it will be a very attractive game with a nice light show and eventually a good ruleset.

Seems like they have had More time then usual to get code a little more polished on this one. Let’s hope it’s atleast fun at shipping time

#3337 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Will chuckwurt be streaming it. I have a annual Toys 4 Tots tomorrow. So hope to see play of Beatles on YouTube.

I believe so! Keep a look out on here and Facebook. We will post a notification if so!

Quoted from jgentry:

Sure there's things that IMDN does better. But for me it takes itself too serious. No real lighthearted moments in that game and that sucks a lot of the fun out of it for me. I'm not alone either. There have been a bunch of LEs and premiums selling 1k or more below original price lately.
Dont get me wrong, it's a great game, I just prefer a little different style of game.

I do think your crazy.....but who am I to say that!!!!! I love the lost world jp over about any other pin ha ha!!!! Have to say though. Guardians is better then both!!!!

#3339 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I think Deadpool is more like a super model, Beautiful, you laugh it’s cheesy jokes and it’s shallow but you accept it because of the entire package.
Maiden is like a prostitute, I was embarrassed to have it in my house, it didn’t want to hear anything that it said, the art is good for the trashy band it is but cheapened my collection and I enjoyed flipping it but wasn’t a keeper!

Ha ha ha ha ha that’s one way to put it!!!!!

#3363 5 years ago

Heading to good ol Cincinnati OH for some pin action! Hope to see a lot of you guys there! This is my first show with my door breaking kids......so wish me luck!!!!!

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Another great episode. Truth be told I was team Greg until Stargate.... I agree with Zach though I think POTC JJP will certainly break in high on that list as they nailed Every aspect of a perfect pin. Also, you're correct evaluation on the LOTR art made me imagine the ULTIMATE mod. If Franchi could Ever be convinced to do a custom commission to redo that LOTR playfield for paying clients that game would be Priceless! Get on it team Zach!

I completely agree! His art would be sick on it!!!!! Zach and I have kicked that idea around!

#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I guess with Willy Wonka you will have to eat a whole chocolate bar every 5 minutes...

Man that will probably make him more sick then the rum!!!
I’m ready to go play this thing. Makes me want one bad!!!!

#3505 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Each trim qualifies I suppose with JJP but doesn’t make much sense to review individually. Maybe we comment on the grade modification for different trims at the end of the review.

Agree

#3537 5 years ago
Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

Zach and Greg and friends,
Talk me in/out of trying to sell/transfer my MBrLE spot and getting a JJP POTC.
I'm a (below) average player and my favorite shooting pin is DI (still only get 1-2 sim cards every ten plays).
I just got into the hobby this year and this would be my first pin. Probably my only pin for several months.
I love playing jjp potc on location. I enjoy MB as well, but have only played it 5-10 times. The remake looks beautiful.

Yeah it’s tough. MBr is so pretty and so much fun. It shoots fantastic with very satisfying shots. POTC is also beautiful, shoots really well and is just neat as hell to play. The main difference is the depth! POTC is going to keep your interest longer as you explore and discover new things in the code. But it is a bit tougher Pin then mbr. Tough decision but man I do like pirates.

#3595 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, the comment from Greg "No, thats the shocker" almost made me piss myself. TOO funny. Another great show.

Ha ha ha hey I mean that web slinging isn’t far off!!!

Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, I want to ask Zach and the Bone the same question I was faced with in 2008... Three machines, all the same price... no pro, no premium, no LE, just one trim level, Stern. So at the end of Expo 2008, Mike Pacak had 9 machines NOB used in the Flipout tournament, three of each title: Stern Spiderman, Stern POTC, and Stern Family Guy. Price was $3500 out the door, your pick. Which machine would you have chosen? Total number of plays after tournament was 255 on the machine I brought home.

I agree with Eric. I’d go SM

Quoted from Ericc123:

Great video as always but I really want to see a Spider-Man Vault faceoff now.

Ha ha that would take about 2hrs lol

1 week later
#3614 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

crazy that Christmas vacation is technically PG 13! Family classic - I think any age can enjoy that movie. Couple of swear words and the back of a girl undressing. I feel like all kids should watch that movie to fully appreciate christmas!

I agree! My oldest loves it. It’s really not that bad. Hell a Christmas Story has a few bad words..... my mother in law made sure to point that out this Christmas while it was on ha ha ha

#3618 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Let the kids watch robocop it's educational and predator is basically a nature movie.

I’ll agree with that one as well!

Quoted from Coz:

I just finally watched Christmas vacation the other night. Fun movie, lots of great one liners. I watched all kinds of movies in the 80s when I was a kid like robocop and predator, don’t think I’ll ever let my kids do that.

Man I did too! I don’t think censorship was a top priority then ha ha! I took it a step further and was a big fan of Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th!

#3621 5 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm surprised Greg you didn't get Lethal Weapon up , any movie that starts with jingle bell Rock is a Christmas movie .

I agree! I was talking to Zach about that. He thought I was crazy. I don’t know why there’s all this talk about Die Hard and not LW!!!!

1 week later
#3640 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I felt bad for your mom too, but at least I was there to console her.

Ohhhh damnnnn!!!!!

2 weeks later
#3654 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Another great episode and everything about the Munsters looks like they hit this one out of the park. The only thing I can say is why do they have to completely get it together on the Munsters. This theme just does not work for me. Why could Stern not deliver like this for Star Wars or Deadpool? I am sure Elvira is going to epic as well, I'm still holding out hope for the rumored Pulp Fiction. With my luck it will drop with no soundtrack and be family friendly. Come on Stern let this be the standard going forward.

Man I know. If the code is good the only thing that’s going to keep me from loving it is the theme!

Quoted from delt31:

Greg - fantastic job on kinedas podcast. Great points about pirates as you literally took the words out of my mouth! No casual I know even knows about rules in pinball and they are instantly drawn to the damn ship. Great points.
Zach heard you were invited but didn't want to join? Step it up son. I love his podcast and love sdtm so this episode was perfect. Greg nice job stepping in. Hopefully it's not your last one.

Hey thanks man! Yeah most likely won’t be my last. It was some good discussion. Love him or hate him he sparks a lot of thought! It gets my mind going.......for better or worse ha ha

#3715 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was basing all my buying decisions off SDTM’s reviews. Now I’m not sure if I can trust them knowing Zach works for the man (or is it men?). Not to mention the hate of mustard. He cannot be trusted!!

He’s a bastard....that’s all. We shall call him Zach Snow from now on

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Honestly I'm just glad that Indiana is finally going to be selling something besides corn, watermelon, cantelopes, John Deere tractors, and Red Man chewing tobacco.

It tough over here

Quoted from Yelobird:

And let us Not forget that ridiculous game they push on everyone Corn Holing! Its called horse shoes for drinkers!

Not a bad game but I’m blown away with the obsession lol

#3741 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

All i know is, if i buy a new game from Zach i expect him to throw in a free John Deere hat, a bushel of corn, pack of Red Man, and a free Pizza King pizza. I dont think thats too much to ask for!

Ha ha I bet he could make it happen!

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I notice that there is a flutter bounce with the flippers on Munsters when they come back down, (watch near the end of the video) I thought I noticed this on 2 spikes I have as well, which makes for a different feeling flipper.

I’ll have to watch forcthat!

Quoted from lancestorm:

What was decided on the washers?

Left them off!!!!

Going to play the game a bit more tomorrow then give every one my detailed thoughts! There’s a few more things I want to explore

#3798 5 years ago

Sooooo......the game is absolutely beautiful looking. No denying that. From layout of art to the quality of the characters. Sterns art quality is becomeing top notch on there cabs. Super glossy and rich colors.
The lay out is very nice. The flow is smooth. The orbits are fast. The ramps are balls out amazing. Both are way faster then expected. The left is steeper then expected but requires very little effort to get up. Even with a back hand if you get it just to the top it will work it’s way around. Love seeing that. Again I can’t stress enough how fast and smooth these ramps are!!! Another shot I Love is going into the pops. Such a tight little area but the ball goes right in. Just to the left the Kitty shot is great. Tough little shot!
It’s just a super fast pin. Wasn’t expecting it! My only complaint about layout is it feels like there is very little to shoot at. But that’s wrong ha ha. I counted 11 shots/openings on Munsters and the same on Guardians but for some reason it feels there is more to shoot at on Guardians.......?
Munsters is also no slouch. It’s not the wide open easy shooter you would think it is. It can be tricky getting your shots down. But man when you do it’s combos heaven and with that speed if you get it rolling good youll have a ball get by you with out even knowing it happened.
The light show is killer. Great stuff even though it is by far the darkest damn stern ever. Not just in the middle. Every one that’s played it at my House didn’t hardly notice spot pop up it’s so dark! But again the light show its self is great.
The zap button is a cool edition. But to utilize it you have to be quick and hit it often. I know like it but I know some won’t!
Now the code......! I just don’t know how I feel. I enjoy the risk reward and I like having the progressing of of shoots being worth more in a mode the more you hit. That’s nice. Plus I love that the shots are all color coded for easy understanding of that progression. Spot is probably my favorite mode. It actually feels like a mode. And fun to run through. My chief complaint is like most. Just too easy to run through the modes.Even with it being more about points it’s disappointing to see most of the game so quickly. Maybe make it so I have to at least complete the modes rather than just start them. Again I know it’s more about points and how you do in the modes but just personal preference.
I got to level 2 Munster madness the third day owning it. I personally couldn’t identify really any difference from level one game play to level 2. That being said it’s still a fun pin. But something is missing in that code. It’s missing the mystery of what’s to come as you progress through the game. Mode or points I want to see some thing different the longer I play. I want to see or at least feel a change in call outs or something. The game has a lot of unique things about it that really separate it! So I’m super excited to see what’s to come with it.

#3800 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That was a nice Mini Review Wizard. If code is changed so all modes must be completed, you'll end up with a game like Aerosmith. But then again were all not as good as you. I can't wait to play Munsters!

Ha ha I’m not that good!
But I do like tough pins. So I take it for what it is. But at the same time my mom came over last night and was one mode away from munstermadness her second game and never plays! But she did love the Pin!

#3803 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Great to see an honest review Hollywoodbone, everything about the Munsters look sic (Awesome)
you say that it feels like less to shoot at as compaired to gotg.
I have always felt the missing piece was that Lily was not a 4 bank drop.
Code on the other hand - Argggggg
I too really hope this changes
Thanks for the write up

I do think it would have been good to have a four bank for that reason because you hit Lilly so often inadvertently you don’t pay much attention to her. She does play a good part into scoring but again you almost never need to concentrate on her. I will say both mono targets do not bother me as bad I I thought they would.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

That's great when family can play together. Hope you got some good photo for memories.

Always!
Can’t wait for you to get your hands on one. Not a bad Pin by any means just needs a little more.
What are some of your favorite pins? Want something to compare it to

#3805 5 years ago
Quoted from kms_pinball:

That's the problem with buying a new Stern right at release. The code. I bought a Kiss Pro at release. I liked the layout and the way it shoots and the light show but the code just wasn't doing it for me. I waited it out and three years later i couldn't be happier now that the code matches the game play. Kevin

I agree. Very expected

#3810 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Bone - I love your honestly in your review. Highlighting the great but not shying away from a core issue = code. Don't change!
Enjoy the game. Like TWD, code can be updated significantly.

Thanks! The only thing I’m good at is being honest lol!

Quoted from Yelobird:

But what did you think of your distributor? Seems like you couldn't get him out of your house! lol You would have thought he would have at least dusted off that box knowing you have germ issues. Hard to find good help some days...

Super disappointed! I expected a clean box and in and out service for such a reputable dealer!!!!!
All in all I guess I give him an A

#3826 5 years ago

I’ll have to say. Munsters is growing on me a bit......

#3828 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not too light on code to be fun then?

You just have to have a really open mind ha ha. I just don’t know how to take it. Such an odd ball pin. I can say it keeps me coming back though. I’ll give a good update in the next week or so after I load up on some game play,

2 weeks later
#3866 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

On a personal note about Zach and Flip N Out - I have to share my experience! I had spoken with Zach several times as I bought an escalera from him (arrives next week) and then later, I purchased a NIB GotG premium from Zach and he shipped it immediately when he received the wire transfer, as he had it in stock. A couple days later it was at my door, and it's my first NIB purchase, so for me this whole experience was a big deal. (you always remember your "first") I had a problem with a part out of the box that affected the orb drop target. I was able to disable the target and play the game without for now. Zach immediately got hold of Stern on my behalf and 2 days later I have the replacement part already. Big kudos to Zach and Stern for the quick service. The new part solved my issue and the game is purring like a kitten. I could not be happier with this entire experience, and look forward to purchasing more pins from Zach and Flip N Out in the future.
We have a big party this weekend and Zach thank you for making it a memorable one with our new pin!

Man that’s awesome to hear! Congrats! I love my GOTG!
I know he’s my friend but he didn’t have to bring me Munsters or do all the lifting and moving ha ha! I literally just got to enjoy a new pin! And I agree something special about your first NIB!

#3869 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Another great episode, I did have to chuckle when Zach is trying to call a spinner on a Pro an innovation, textbook Stockholm syndrome. I also thought everyone gave those mono targets a free pass, Stern took 10 shots and made it 2 giant easy shots. Trying to hit that last target on a bank is a stress moment on any pin. It adds a lot of variation and a specific target in a bank can be your nemesis. Completely losing that should factor in somewhere, also maybe we should track the individual shots on a pin. The total targets on a pin and how it compares to other pins should be listed on shots and layouts. How can a pin with those mono targets be considered one of the greatest shooters?

The giant mono targets works with the way the code is structured. Hit, hit, and hit some more! Ha ha. I thought it was going to be a killer for me but honestly I don’t think about it at all. Sometimes I have to focus to get Lilly jackpots more than you think you would have too! Not defending them because I’d don’t want this in every game but it keeps the flow, speed and caose of this pin going!

#3872 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I just think of the what Steve Ritchie AC/DC Pro would be like if it had mono targets. Its such a big part of the pin hitting that last target when you need it. Maybe it's just I feel like this when I choke on that last target.

I can agree. No drop targets and just individual stand ups would have been good!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Definitely some fair points you make and especially on the Dragula and the Lily targets. I am not a fan of these mono targets at all. If you cant give me drops then at least give me single stand up targets.......come on Stern f*ck! This pin is a great shooter though. The shots feel good and they are very satisfying for the most part. Borg did a great job with this game and just like Greg said in the review, this feels like a Steve Ritchie pin a little. I said the same thing to myself as soon as i played this game. Its fast as hell at times and i love it!

It’s fun for sure but fingers are crossed the code matures. Without getting to deep I feel you really can’t compare to monster bash. They just shoot so different. And feel way different. Like GOTG and MET. Similar layout but don’t really feel alike

#3876 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Must say I didn't think SDTM format could get better but Bam you did it. Love the new format and grading system. Greatly adds multiple views and allows many of us the opportunity to evaluate game interest on players with similar interest. I will say for a fact, I give Greg a Huge thumbs up for really stepping up his input and enthusiasm. Never a bad thing and comes across completely honest and unscripted. Huge plus thanks. With that said, after watching this and Gregs honest excitement on that Pro I instantly called Flip N Out Zach and placed an order for a Munsters Pro. Credit for sale goes to Greg, thank you!

Ha ha man that’s great! It’s worth a try for sure. If they flush that code out it has the possibility of being a freaking great Pin! Call me if you have any questions or concerns Dave!

#3915 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Gentlemen excellent show and I like the new format. Greg I appreciate the review and you giving as an honest of an opinion as you did.
For the viewers of the show remember to pay attention to everything they are saying and showing you. Greg said he hated it the first few days he got it, is probably not keeping it and ranked it lower than Deadpool. I don’t think that after the Deadpool review we all thought they loved that machine and it was a must buy.
Look at the other two reviews and remember what we are watching. A new company sold a machine to the other reviewing ,Greg is going to need to sell it. Zach is a great salesman and is selling the sizzle and expresses great enthusiasm but that is what is going to make him a successful business owner.
Greg was keeping it real to a point but pay attention.
I assume those that can afford these high dollar purchases are intelligent people but sometimes you all act like giddy school girls that are happy that someone is paying attention to you. Before you do something or make a decision make sure you realize that you were watching a infomercial inside a piece of entertainment. I have no problem with this as we are not being charged anything for it and they have been as upfront as possible with all these facts. I appreciate the content they have provided but it has been tainted a bit but go in with your eyes open.
PS.
I’ve played the game and I agree it’s beautiful and shoots well but it wasn’t particularly fun because the sounds,rules, & LCD didn’t do anything for me. If I was a fan of Munsters I’d probably buy it as well. Without playing it, you’ll never no for yourself.
[quoted image][quoted image]

There will always be an argument if we are biased or unbiased.
I do have to say that I do take some offense to this review being called and infomercial. I think if our mind set was that of an infomercial I would have been a bit more positive. Also we certainly wouldn’t have agreed to let two other people give there honest opinions of the game. Or we would have refrained from airing some of the more negative strong comments by both of them. My review was as honest as I could be with it. I’m not certain what subtle hints I gave to suggest other wise. As pertaining to Deadpool the only thing that gave DP a higher cumulative was it’s toys and innovation because of the sword lock and the theme. Munsters beat it in almost every other category!
We have done a ton of reviews prior to zach taking on flip n out. Some good some bad. We just gave a rave review of Godzilla. A game neither Zach nor I have stake in. We will soon be reviewing Alice Cooper both actually like it. By these standards we should crap on it because Spooky is competition that We have no stake in!
Zach had a Deadpool that he didn’t talk great about at all. He did this before he put it up for sale. There was no hesitation.
He just currently talked in market trends how DI is trending down and he is currently trying to get rid of it.
Whether people believe us or not our integrity on this show comes first. I will never be bought and paid for. I do respect your opinion and I know your a massive fan of the show so no hard feelings at all. I just disagree with the perception.

#3920 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Sorry , I forgot to say “ no offense “ first. Greg I was pointing out that you did give a very honest review inspite of it not being in your interest. The other two reviewers were more critical than you were but it seemed that the perception was that it was a great game that we must run out there a grab by comments from the “thread”. Infomercial was harsh but the commercial sponsorship/partnership is evident. I enjoy Pinstadiums and respect everyone’s opinion. I don’t have any friends that are into pinball and it’s nice to see someone’s opinion. I don’t value it more or less than any of the reviews I see on Pinside. Owners always rave about their purchases. Everyone has a bias tilt of some sort based on life experiences and motives. I’d assumed that you would like to get monetized by YouTube some day but I can tell that you take pride in the show and maybe if one of your Pets does something crazy in your videos you can get trending with a few hundred thousand views and you’ll be made. I enjoy the content and hope I didn’t hurt morale at the SDTM headquarters.

Ha ha hell no man! No moral hurt here. I agree life influences every thing we do. I had this conversation with a fellow pinsider one time. It’s completely impossible to not have subtle outside influence. But that’s different then being aware and make a decision to better/ hinder something such as a review!

#3926 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

[quoted image]

Ha ha ha I guess I missed my calling!

#3935 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't give Stern any more cost-reduction ideas...

Ha ha that’s some good shit

Quoted from Darscot:

Really great addition, exactly what SDTM needs to round out the lineup. I really look forward to this side of pinball, STDM does some times get a little player heavy. Chuck is great at the intricacies of rules and scoring, Greg is all enthusiasm and a fanboy in a great and positive way. Zach brings the buy and sell and you can tell he is the driving force behind the business perspective. You know Zach dreams of 24/7 content on the SDTM Network, and complete product service from manufacture to sales. I will not be surprised if one day he ends up owning Stern. The one thing I found missing was the content for the guys that love to work on a pin as much as they love to play. Cary seems like the perfect fit!

Man thank you for those words! And I agree! Really happy to have Carry!

#3944 5 years ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Zach will you still offer your reviews for older classic machines that you don't sell? Enjoy the new format with extra reviewers but would still like your perspective on the classics.

Yep he will still be doing all the other reviews!!! So you still get to hear him blabber lol

#3949 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

"Castrated Monkey" is one of the awards?
EDIT: Some of the live cam shots are priceless.
(Gets very close to the screen) "Does that say CASTRATED MONKEY?!"[quoted image]

Ha ha I’m going to have to watch for those!!!!!

#3952 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Excited to check out Octoberfest tonight. I thought it looked great before and I like the rock. If it was just the classic music it would get boring fast. I also don't believe the game needs to come out in October... It's a year round theme.... Beer and pinball!

I agree. In no way feels like it should be limited to October. It’s has such a bright fun vibe it would work any time.
I have to say it went over very very well at Louisville Expo! I personally was really happy to see the changes that were made. Would like to see a few changes in animations but other than that i had a blast on it! Really has a lot going for it!

#3959 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

You may have to be on an episode.
Confessions of an addict turned distributor.....

There’s truth in that!!!!!

#3991 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

And I did it Saturday around 8:00, while pre-drinking for the huge Rec Bar tournament that evening.
And I won that too. YEAH!

Congrats! I really liked that format. Made for some real tense games ha ha!!!!! Thanks Eric for setting it all up!

2 weeks later
#4001 5 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Great job hosting the TWIPY’s last night, guys. The production value of the cutaway segments was as good as the Oscars. Congratulations on a second win for you as well.
Aside from the crowd’s reaction to one category, I thought the show was great. I’m not sure whether you will continue to do the show in front of a live audience in years to come, but I’m glad you guys continue to elevate pinball “media.”

Thank you so much! There was so much to it and next to no money but we were able to learn sooooo much! Already have a list of improvements for the future!!!!

2 weeks later
#4051 5 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Bought a game from Zach at MGC yesterday. Had a good time talking etc, too. We had a few very spontaneous comedic moments. Enjoyable time.
Yeah Yeah Yeah - right Zach ?
Look out Bone - if you stay home too often, I could at least wind up being your stand in given the right circumstances.

Ha ha I’ll give him to you! He’s more problems than he’s worth!

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Bought a game from Zach at MGC yesterday. Had a good time talking etc, too. We had a few very spontaneous comedic moments. Enjoyable time.
Yeah Yeah Yeah - right Zach ?
Look out Bone - if you stay home too often, I could at least wind up being your stand in given the right circumstances.

Thank you as always! We are always trying to raise the bar and give the pin world something unique and fun!

#4065 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I had a first hand look at how hard Zach and Greg worked on gathering that material for the vids. All I can say is that it was extremely time consuming for them but even more impressive when you look at the results. Nicely done, guys! I hope to see more of these vids on pinball reveals.

Awwww thank you guys! I think every one worked there asses off that day ha ha!!!! Wish we all would have had more time to hang!

1 week later
#4114 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I was gonna say the same thing, it feels like it’s been a while since an official episode was released!!

Soooon very soon! The TWIPY stuff put us really far behind and then my busy season started and I took a second job at the same time!!!! So our free time has been non existent! But within the next week we should be back on track with our original awesome format!!!! I’m honestly super super excited to get back at it. Have to much shit in my head I want to talk about

#4145 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Fun episode guys. Glad to see some love for Deadpool. Easily my favorite NIB purchase and a game that I just don't get tired of.

Waaaaayyyy agree. “It’s fun” is literally the best explanation. I Can’t get enough of it! It’s one of those pins that I never walk away from mad at. Always a smile!

Quoted from Crile1:

Good episode. I enjoyed Greg's take on Wonka and it mirrored mine. At first, it does not seem as packed as previous JJP's (just look under the hood of Hobbit if you don't think it is packed, then try to lift it!). But after hearing his review, I agree. It has a lot of shots and interesting ways to have to set up a shot with another one. It didn't grab me at first, though. think it will grow on me, once code is more polished and I get some more time on one. Spent time with Joe Katz talking about his coding. Lot's of cool stuff. I think the Wonkavator is a bigger deal than it looks. Because it will be a virtual lock on the Standard, the locks will cancel out at the end of each game. But the LE and CE version will stay locked until the game is powered off. So, at home, if I finally earn 1 or 2 super locks and then drain ball 3, I could start a new game with 2 super locks already lit, which is pretty cool.

Thank you! And I agree I think Joe is going to end up with a killer rule set.
Also we need to get together at Zbar or something soon and play some!!!!!

4 weeks later
#4339 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Solid review but after owning it for a few weeks I don't agree on the Alice Cooper's callouts

Really? Do they get old?

2 weeks later
#4455 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

This is how I imagine you In George’s Porsche......[quoted image]

Coz that’s your best yet ha ha

#4456 4 years ago

I do have to step in and defend my friend on this one. I’d be the first to call bullshit to Zach on his game reviews and I can’t on this. He has talked this pin up to me sense he first laid hands on it. Do I think he’s right in his review.....NOOO. But I whole heartily believe he loves it and his review was honest. Our entire banter almost from the beginning has been Zach’s outlandish and flagrant reviews (sometimes accurate lol) coupled with my more balanced and laid back reviews. (Hence all my B ratings) and that’s what people grew to love. That banter is what made the show. Him taking on distribution hasn’t changed that. Is he walking a fine line? Sure but I personally feel he’s doing a good job. Look he can’t keep his mouth shut. He loves pinball and there are pins he loves and pins he hates. When you hear him staying quit then you know he’s not really into that pin. I’d tell the guy to fuck off and the show was over if I ever felt he was pumping a title to benefit from it. This show takes to much time and effort for me to do it if that was happening! He’s a good honest guy who goes above and beyond in this hobby. If your going to bash him leave his integrity out of it and focus on his fucked up sense of what makes for a great pin! Even though I do have to say.....over time a lot of what he says to me about a pin up front turns out to be my end opinion as well. Except BM66 I love it no matter what and he still hates it ha ha

#4457 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

...and only 10 days later: They are the Deluxe SPIKE 2 Speaker Light Kits from www.SpeakerLightKits.com
- Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Yes Delt it is seriously one of the best things you can spend money on for the Spike pins. Changes it’s whole feel! One of my favorite mods ever!!!! I keep wanting a set for my SW but can’t decide if I’m keeping it. If that damn Jurassic World really comes out it’s going to be the first mod to go on it ha ha!!!!!

1 month later
#4580 4 years ago

I’m dying to see how f*@kN big of a JP fan he is too. It’s probably a pretty lame room, so we aren’t missing much.

Dude you will just have to come and see one day!

Quoted from delt31:

So the bone provides his views on.......Kaneda first!!! wowzers.....it was a like hogan going to WCW!!
just joking of course although I do think it's funny zach won't go on that show. cmon now.
Bone - glad to hear you liked it. I share your views on weakness (art, call outs) but the latter we'll fix and the art I'll deal with. Premium ALL THE WAY

Ha ha Chris is the only one that wants to listen to me about JP at this point.
I’m hoping you can fix some of it! I’ll be your tester!

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Hollywoodbone Greg are you planning to sell your Lost World once your JP2 arrives?

Nope not at all! First pin ever! It’s what got all of this started! Never leaving! I just need a DE JP to add to the line up!

#4590 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

hollywoodbone - You really want to get a Pro and Upgrade to the Premium?
Since you need a shaker, and better Speakers anyway, why take that possible loss when you're selling your Pro to get the Premium and not getting an LE right away? The Price difference (if you include loosing 500$ - 1000$ when reselling that Pro) should tend to zero.

Quoted from tbutler6:

He doesnt like the art on the LE. I think its killer though...in a somewhat dark room its gonna be decent...! Sounds like a bad date, but seriously. I like the LE. Was playing ACNC earlier tonight with HD glass and thats another expense...check out the translight pics from the show, argueably the Mirrored BG is going to be fantastic. None of this crap matters if you only wanna play pinball!!!!! I like how they look too. Proud of what i have, even if its just a couple.

I hopefully won’t take much of a loss if I don’t hang onto it long. I just don’t know if I can stand seeing it go to peoples homes and I’m sitting JPless! I agree the art on LE is really growing on me. Would really like the mirrored backglass!!!!!!

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Oh Gawd now a diagram. I’m in Coffee Hell!

Hey.....the more you know!

#4618 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Enjoyed the latest episode of “Bone in the kitchen”
[quoted image]

Coz I keep every one of these!

Quoted from Breger1:

I'm curious Greg if the Premium and LE were same price, which art package would you go for? I do like backglass on LE better, but I'm thinking Premium as a whole. Also, yes sorry about my this or that beer question, I honestly was a few in myself that evening and overthinking it a bit, lol. When Zach was reading it off I was embarrassed for myself.

Still the premium! I would like mirrored back glass but I just don’t really care for the truck! So raptors all the way!!!!

2 weeks later
#4663 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

My wife was not as impressed as I was.
I even said "Look how handsome Greg is!" as a form of enticement! Wtf...

Ha ha thank you sir

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Nice unboxing video for Greg's dream theme. Good job. You must have edited out the scene with Zach on the toilet...

Zach wanted to do that scene sooooo bad!

#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Plz all Team Greg:
Notice that the house on the opposite side to Greg's is for sale.

Ha ha I could use a good pinhead across the street!

3 weeks later
#4723 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I hope that Nathan dude makes an appearance in the 100th show , he seems like a big fan!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

1 week later
#4771 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I think it's a good game, but I'm not going as far as saying it's the best shooter there is. Tight shots can ruin flow and no one wants a clunk fest, and can't use the shoot better excuse due to improper spacing. I think over time this will hinder it from being a great game. Will have my LE for a while, will see if it stays.

I can understand that for sure. It’s not a game that flows like ST or any thing but I think when something is a little tighter it makes the flow and combos more rewarding.
I sold my Guardians because the shots were to tight coupled with that crazy left outlane. I loved the pin but it was just to frustrating for the most part.
JP is tough but I don’t get frustrated like I did with that pin. Well maybe the O shot when I’m going for CHAOS ha ha. I just think it’s unconventional shots and they take a little training your mind and learning the geometry.

3 months later
#4877 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So you've dropped wonka review?
Why?
Nice first impression segment.
Thanks

If your talking about why we haven’t put out a Wonka review I just have put enough time in it to review it. Never bought one, don’t have one in location near me and been so busy haven’t been able to get to Zachs to the lay his. As soon as I do we will certainly get a review out!

1 week later
#4912 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, I might be speaking out-of-turn, but I think Zach is/was a Clinical Psychologist. If I'm recalling correctly.
I wonder what the show will be like going forward? I wouldn't mind if they started doing Skype/What'sApp/Facetime episodes with a split-screen, if it meant we got more content. I know they like quality, and of course its always gonna be better if they're in the same room, but at this point 60 days, or even just 30 days, between episodes is too long.
And I miss some of their long-running segments like, "This Month on Pinside / In Pinball" and "This or That." Hopefully, they can find a way to make it work going forward.

Those segments are most certainly going to stick around......or at least a couple of them!!!!! I think every one will be happy with what’s around the corner!!!!

#4913 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Munsters sold really well? I've heard quite the opposite from two distributors. BK sold even worse.
JP killing it.

Yeah I heard BK took a beating!
I would really like to see the numbers on JP. Literally there are 4 premiums and some pros with in 10min of me in peoples homes. And that’s just the ones I know about.

4 months later
#5005 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

So ... could it be that the "Boneman" has been getting a bad rap as "always" awarding B+'s then?
Perhaps not his fault, but rather the grading system which he has been forced to work with!

HUMMMM......

3 weeks later
#5164 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But in his colon, the battle rages on...

Soooo true! The next day was even bad!!! I put up a good fight though

#5176 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Hey Greg. Is the large the same size as the family size we have down here? Or do you have that size as well? If you do will that be consumed for the LE unboxing? Can’t wait!

Hummmm we don’t have a family size so I’d say it’s our large!

2 weeks later
#5229 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I know Zach thinks I’m here to rag on him but I’m really not. I jump in and defend when necessary.
This video is cringe worthy. Car salesman 101 and it’s painfully obvious. I just hate when these guys lower themselves to this. They are talented and it devalues their opinion when paid to play is covered up like this.

Quoted from Darscot:

This product centres around low end products from China, marketed as “Made in the USA” with a handsome mark up and the pinball equivalent of a creepy celebrity infomercial. The ones that just make you sad for how far they have fallen.

From almost the beginning we showcased products that we enjoyed or would do install videos to help promote products, the community and just bring content. I don’t understand the backlash. I really don’t. I literally have product that’s sitting in my basement that I have been asked to try out and it’s still sitting there because neither Zach nor I could stand behind it. If we don’t like it we don’t record it and it’s pulled from our pins.
I guess I can’t wrap my mind around why a few people want us to show a product or a pin and just shit all over it. That’s not my nature. I’m not taking a product that some one believes in and devoted tons of time and money in creating and shit all over them publicly. If that’s what your looking for turn on an episode of Shark Tank

#5241 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I would welcome anyone in this thread to search my posts over the years, I have been resoundingly positive and supportive. One smart ass comment about an "episode" that is clearly an infomercial and its take a hike and watch something else. This whole drink the koolaid or fuck off is crazy. Seriously I apologize this is not a place for me.

We’re not asking you or any one else to drink the koolaid. We showcased a product. They sent a set. We filmed it and how to install it. After we filmed it we liked it and aired it. We weren’t paid any thing. No obligation to post a video and say anything good about it. If you take it as an infomercial that’s how you view it. No obligation to buy. Just wanted to show the community a new product some people may have never heard of

2 months later
#5286 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Here it is! The exclusive Guns N Roses Pinball Featurette. Enjoy...
Special Thanks to the JJP team for working with us on this.

Thank you for all your work on this!!! Your editing my friend it was made it what it is!!!!! So proud to be a part of this and help support such an amazing group of people who make amazing pins!!!

#5297 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Other manufacturers should take note. THIS is how you announce a new machine. I like GnR as much as the next guy, but not a super fan. But, this looks so good I'm considering robbing a local bank to get one.

I completely agree. It was a fantastic role out!

2 months later
#5433 3 years ago
Quoted from Ch4p3l:

Yes, watching Greg start out so enthusiastic and then the look of sheer misery gets me cracking up every time. Still waiting for the slap heard around the world part two.

I liked that episode in concept....until I lost!!!!!

3 months later
#5591 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Munsters makes a sub-B score easy. WWE was sub-B as well. They are out there, and not that long ago.
Next.

Munsters has some really good redeeming qualities about it. That’s what makes giving something a c or less so difficult. Great art, really good layout and shots, call outs are good, theme is good, code not so much! So when your working on a grading scale it’s difficult once you average all of those things, good and bad. And ultimately it’s like we tell people all the time. It’s about the individual grades and the discussion. Not necessarily the final grade, because call outs may be shit and animations may be shit, and that knocks a pretty good pin to a B on the final grade but those two things don’t mean a whole lot to that person so it’s basically an A pin to them. Hopefully that makes sense ha ha.
Now WWE is a different story!!!!!

#5593 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Pretty much you have to go on a 3 point scale with their reviews. A is best. B is average and C is hot garbage. D and F dont exist, essentially, on their scale.

Curious as to what pins hit the D and F range for you? And I’m not saying just simply giving a single letter but based on every category!

1 year later
#5893 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I thought this was going to be a commercial but I figured I would give it a go for old times sake. An hour and five minutes holy fuck is this a review or a late night infomercial. This is a hard nope for me. I just jumped to the end and to no ones surprise it's a B+.

Ahhhhh Im sorry to disappoint!!!! Your Lost World DMD coloring was probably going to be a C. Glad I could help you get that up to a B+

#5902 1 year ago

Hummmmm I guess I reserved all those shit reviews before Zach was a distributor and before there was a need for all the commercials?
And I forgot that data east is still selling LW3 and that Sega is still selling Jurassic Park The Lost World! Damn I don’t know how I can be such a shill for those pins!!!!! Ohhhhhhh wait……I just like pinball and have a objective review and opinion! Shit I forgot about how much I shill for DeadPool that Zach hasn’t had in stock and can’t get! Damn I forgot another……Star Wars!!!!!! Damn I can’t keep up with all my shilling for games I love that that Zach can’t even get and sell!!!!! Appreciate you sticking in there and continuing to watch.

#5905 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Yeah, as a fan of the pin I definitely wanted your opinion. I always want to respect and engage the target audience and get feedback, maybe something to consider. Of the countless hours I put in to that color, it’s interesting that you feel your 15 minutes made such an impact. Which of your pins do you have ColorDMD in, I’m sure you wouldn’t waste one for a B+ color job. Did you tell Zack it was only a B+ gift

I’m just confused that you value my opinion and feed back on somethings but discredit it o others. I’m a fan of the hobby and pinball, not just that game. It’s fine to disagree with me but to discredit my trustworthiness is completely different. A 15 minute evaluation of the color of the dots can go along way. I understand it takes a lot more time to actual go in and make those dots color, Not discrediting that at all but don’t discredit not knowing how to color them correctly and reaching out to me for help. I don’t care what the grade of your coloring was. It was a great and very generous gift from Zach! I was great full for that. So that makes it an A+ gift. And for the record I think your finished product was very good! I’d give it an A! To bad we don’t sell color DMD so we could shill it for you!!!!

#5908 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Dude I didn’t watch or comment on your content. My only feedback is I do not have an hour to watch a review on YouTube. Yes I think 65 minutes is to long to say B+.
I do not work for ColorDMD they do provide some compensation but I certainly didn’t do it for that. I think most people that color just do it for the love of the hobby and a way to contribute. I just help out when I can. I think the guys at ColorDMD are fantastic and they sell an amazing product. I’ll tell anyone that for free. It’s to bad you guys only recommend things you sell.
I don’t think it’s fair to ColorDMD to drag them into this they. I have no connection to them and they have nothing to do with your TS4 review.

Come on!!!!! Reread your own post! In no way was it as simple as you just don’t have time to watch! Seriously reread it and look at your sarcasm. We did this show well before Zach was a distributor. We did it for the love of the hobby…….just as we do know! Just like any one working for color DMD as you say. And you most certainly have a connection to them if you colored one of there games! We don’t sell a lot of things we have backed or said we love! We don’t in any way recommend only things we sell! We recommend products we enjoy. There have been plenty we have turned down because we don’t support or believe in that we have been asked to showcase!
Also what part were you just kidding about? And how should I be more receptive to feedback? By not giving an honest opinion you don’t agree with? The review is to long that you didn’t watch? Seriously, I want to know how I can improve with your first comment!

#5913 1 year ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I colored a game years ago, I just want everyone here to know I don’t represent ColorDMD. Feel free to trash me personally all you like, I’m just your average asshole talking shit online.
If you want honest feedback the average length for content on YouTube is significantly less than 65 minutes. I would consider a more edited version. The damn movie was only 35 minutes longer and it was too long.

Hard to go any shorter when you feel you have to explain in detail your every thought, otherwise you will be considered a shill and unbiased! Or in your words producing an infomercial! Not trashing you personally! I literally said your work turned out good. But don’t act like this is the only time you have” given feedback” on our videos! Or are you trashing us? Guess I’m confused?

#5916 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you are explaining you are losing Greg.
Best to ignore it.

You are not wrong! I’ll give you that! But what is a true review with out some form of explanation of your thoughts! It would be weak and uninformed.

#5920 1 year ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

You are not wrong! I’ll give you that! But what is a true review with out some form of explanation of your thoughts! It would be weak and uninformed.

It’s easier to tear something down than it is to defend your thoughts! It tends to get more listens! And much easier to be like some media and just play the game with out giving any real insight at all!

#5949 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

You can tell Zach has kids because the videos are of him asking questions to Greg as if he’s a child. It’s cute, but I think he doesn’t realize he does it.
“And what grade would we give the art?”
“And who did the code for this game?”
“And did we remember our lunchbox before getting on the bus?”
I’m going to pass on Toy Story 4. It’s fun, but $12 is too high for a theme I don’t particularly love. Always appreciate the show putting these games in historical context.

It’s more of just our place on the show. We found that with time. Zach is a better lead, all preparation. I just come shooting from the hip ha ha! And this is literally true. That’s why he throws the questions at me! He’s like a fucking Encyclopedia of pinball and I know enough, but I just love to play! So I welcome the pop quizzes haha. There doesn’t seem like a lot of structure when it comes to our show but there is and it’s all from him! I’m just the one who makes it entertaining hahahah

#5951 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Don’t count yourself out, buddy. Don’t need encyclopedic knowledge of everything to have good taste. I literally bought my TMNT based on your comments selling the gameplay and it was a GOOD CALL.

Ahhhhhh that’s awesome! I’m glade I didn’t steer you wrong!!!! We miss things sometimes but I really do believe we are pretty good at these reviews. We don’t just flip them a few times. We make sure to get a good number of games in before we do a review. And we try to explain exactly where we are coming from so you can compare that to your thoughts or opinions. Thank you for continuing to watch!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hollywoodbone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=Hollywoodbone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.