stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#351 6 years ago

Awesome show guys! I'm hooked.

1 week later
#374 6 years ago

TFLE Ironhide gets my vote for worst.

GOT is a cool upper pf; but the rules associated with it dont mesh well with the rest of the games ruleset and in that, it kills the flow of the game...at least for me.

2 months later
#693 6 years ago

I don't know what's more impressive, the level of detail and dedication that went into this SDTM review; or the level of detail and dedication that went into JJPOTC. Well done everyone involved on both sides of the coin. This game looks amazing.

1 month later
#914 6 years ago

Hey greg, after seeing that Iron Maiden stream; I hope you now understand the importance of FONT!

Finally nice to be able to see and read scoring and timers on a stern LCD

2 weeks later
#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I want to watch the next live stream on Wednesday and ideally play an updated prototype before making decisions. If I don't buy a POTC I'll likely end up buying a Dialed In for my next game.

Honestly, we need to see the new mech in action before we crucify it. That said, buy the DI if that's what you want; but it is the more inferior, linear game. This disk was big pill to swallow for Eric im sure, but I don't see it making the game worse. But still, reserve right for judgement, whether it be positive or negative, until we see it in action.

Back to the topic at hand. I think Zach & Greg should have done top 10 wizard modes and a top 10 mini-wizard modes.

Here's some honorable mentions:

Wizard Modes:
Encore (ACDC)
Super Hero (SM)
Iron Throne (GOT)
Sperm Attack (FGY)

Mini Wizard Modes:
HOTK (GOT)
Kobashi Maru (ST)
Danger Room (XMEN)
Cyborg mb (IMDN) - Yea I said it, you heard it here first

#1034 6 years ago

Great episode guys, you nailed it on the JJPOTC perspective. Good work overall; Greg was on fire again despite its one moment of wtf rambling that Zach cleverly edited

And for what it’s worth, Zach, pro’s are for pros

3 weeks later
#1175 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Nope only played on location and at shows.

40x is silly. 4x max on pinball is all you need. Takes away from the sport of pinball and makes it more a board game.

Not necessarily. I don’t know enough about SW to comment but regarding GOT - it can get up to 25X during normal play. What it does is open another dimension, for example; if you can take a 20 mil safe shot or work a litttle more with a few extra combos and make that a 120 mil shot or so. You can take easy outs in completing modes fast and get low points for it, or risk increasing the multiplier and get rewarded for it.

It’s another element in Pinball scoring and strategy. If done right, like on GOT (and I believe SW) it can really open up breadth and variety and give players more to shoot for than chasing flashing lights. Depth and breadth in harmony.

1 week later
#1260 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Plus I just don’t get how these guys are all crazy about pirates when they are stripping key elements from pirates and Charging such a high amount for the game; I feel JJP is one of the main reasons pricing has gotten out of control what’s the next game going to be 10k?

I think it was ease of access to online Pinball (apps, games, and yes even pinside), coupled with the resurgence of Pinball Barcades, as well as increasing popularity that has increaassd prices; not JJP. Look at Zach and Greg, they are still new to this hobby - no offense guys but... they even believe the display on IMDN is horrible where most ballers find it amazing and one of the best especially at the pro price point. Sorry SDTM, Pinball displays are about information, scoring, and progression; not PS4 or Xbox one style graphics.

That said; I’ve played IMDN 200+ times and have roughly 30 games in on a prototype JJPOTC and strongly feel JJPOTC has a good chance of being better than IMDN. And I own IMDN! Pirates is a players wet dream! It might not hit on all the levels some want with playing movie clips all day, but the game is bad fucking ass! I don’t think some casuals *cough* Kaneda *cough* understand how cool the character integration is.

Keep up the hard work Zach and Greg; even if We don’t agree with some of your reviews, Doesn’t mean the show isn’t entertaining cause it is.

PS- Zach, you have IMDN right? You need more plays in; once you start seeing all the attention to detail in this game I think you’ll appreciate and enjoy it more. The call outs are absolutely amazing, and the game is loaded with them; I think they’re some of the best in Pinball. There is so much variety and such emphasis as you progress it’s very cool. wait til you get a mummy super jackpot with 2X rolling and hear the call out; or progress deeper in trooper multiball; there are so many good call outs in this game it’s ridiculous and the thought/script behind these callouts are genious for Pinball. Only the best player in the world could come up with This kind of attention to detail, oh wait....

#1290 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha. I have GREAT taste in music and I can think of at least 20 bands musicians I’d pick before Maiden.
Top of the list?
Zeppelin
Rush
Pink Floyd (doesn’t need to be high energy all the time. Would be a nice change of pace pin)
Basically any really good DJ or electronic music fits pinball (see TNA)

So I’m a fan of iron maiden, but What makes the sound package so bad ass in the Pinball is the legacy of the beast call outs, not the music. Remember, this isn’t just a Music pin like AC/DC or Metallica. So if you were to retheme It, you would risk 90% of what makes that game so good.

Quoted from ZMeny:

No no just responding to a critique that jjp is stripping out toys and mechs

Always love the discussion and feedback. However, being new to pinball doesn’t equal being blind. I don’t have to be an old timer to give an opinion to the display. I’ve put hundreds of plays on imdn and appreciate the code so much I rated it an A+, so I agree code and layout is phenomenal.

Unfortunately I’m not much of a player or collector haha

Rereading what I wrote, I didn’t mean for it to come out so harsh or a stab at you. A fresh outlook on the hobby is definitely welcome and needed so keep up the good work. I think Derek is what riled me up

#1292 5 years ago

Iron Maiden, much like Wizard of Oz, is another perfect example of theme vs integration. The theme Sucks, at least to some not me, but the integration is fantastic.

#1308 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes it does for me and many other buyers. If I'm going to spend $9k+ on a pin, or $6k+ even, then I want deep and unique rules that provide years worth of entertainment. JJP games do that thanks to the rulesets being designed by Keith Johnson, Ted Estes, and Joe Katz. I'm no longer interested in games that have me just hitting ramps and loops for points over and over again, that's not fun long term in my opinion when games cost as much as they do today. I'll play the adrenaline ramp and loop points games on location but they just don't have the staying power for me to buy one for my home.
I love how just about everything in a JJP game is building towards something and that theres always something to achieve or progress to. With a JJP pin I end up caring more about how much of the game I progressed through then how many points I earned and thats due to their ruleset designs. Stern is just not doing that on the same level as JJP and thats probably the main reason why my collection will eventually be all JJP pins, lol. I'm keeping Ghostbusters though, lol.

I love JJPOTC, but have you played IMDN? Everything you just said stern doesn’t have, IMDN does...including the scoring aspect and can be found for $4k less. There’s 4 tiers of progression in IMDN; power features, battle modes, EDDIE cards, and pharaoh awards. Just saying.

#1339 5 years ago

I just got done listening to the buffalo bro crew review on IMDN. All is right in the world again, we can carry on with our day.

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Buffalo schmuffalo. My B wasn’t far off from their 9/10 rating

At least they like the display

1 week later
#1427 5 years ago

I own IMDN (Pro) and think it’s one of the best pins ever. That said, I’d take a JJPOTC easy over an IMDN-LE. Now IMDN PRO + $4500 or JJPOTC, that’s a tough one.

2 weeks later
#1525 5 years ago

Great job guys, keep it up. Love the 180 turn on SW & BM66; I did the same! Got me a SW PRO right around the same time I did a lineup shakedown a few weeks ago and with 3 new to me pins, SW is my favorite. I feel the same on BM66 and want to get one, but man, that price for admission.....im holding off for JJPOTC. And FWIW; ketchup is always better on a hot dog

#1527 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No Ketchup! "No Dogs for You!"

hahah good thing I live in California! Honestly, I prefer Chili or Saurkraut on my Dog; but if neither available, give me the ketchup!

#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Thanks Adam! And no I still hate them. The game would be sooo much better if the center bank was used to integrate modes better (video interaction) rather than multipliers. Multipliers should only max at 3-5x on any game and they should be earned.

Part of me agrees, part of me disagrees. I became a fan of big multipliers in GOT - integrated perfectly. Otherwise, I agree 3-5x max. However, on SW, it does open another element/dimension to the game. You can leave the multipliers on the fab-3 bank of shots (2 inner loops + left ramp) and just leave them there and do just fine points wise. Or, you can play between those 3 shots with the single higher multiplier and go for bigger points. Or, you can expand the width of the game and risk your play and move the multipliers around the width of the pf.

Now the 3-bank does get used in a few modes as well as getting some needed tie fighters and/or increasing bonus multipliers. So there is an element to its use there; but do agree they could have done more with it.

All in all. I do like the SW multiplier system as it really adds a big risk/reward feature to the game. If the multipliers didn't go up to 20x, or even 40x at times, there would be no reason to risk hitting the 3-bank or try moving the multiplier around. I mean, when you hear that 'multipliers are doubled' call out - it's so dam enticing to decide whether you want to focus on progression, or change strategics and get some big points. So it really is integrated very well when you see its risk/reward elements.

#1534 5 years ago

Hey Zach; This or That...

World Cup of Soccer
or
World Cup of Pinball

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-of-pinball-vote-now#post-4456111

3 weeks later
#1676 5 years ago

Excellent episode guys; very spot on with a lot of opinions. I too prefer SW over IMDN. But Zach...there is a lot of hate in the undertone of your voice for SW PRO. Dont hate on us too much just cause us PRO guys, like Gregg, enjoy working mech's, machines, and moneyJust messing around. Keep up the good work.

1 month later
#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

This is so disappointing, and just completely baffling. How does Stern so out of touch, does no one at Stern know anything about the movies. The history of what they went through to get them made the right way. This is the second biggest R rated movie in history, if you count them as a franchise its the biggest.

It's not based on the movie.

As for my opinion on what we've seen of the game (I didn't know where to post and didn't want to piss in anyone's cheerios so this thread seems appropriate )

Deadpool:
Sweet art, Sweeter layout, sweetest feel good shots. Overall game, not so sweet....

#2029 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Said that about SW too. I’m excited about this game. That means you should be too. Haha.

Hah, while true, I do reserve right til I play it. But, Here’s what I don’t like about the game from my perspective, at least enough to go buy one:
+ sound
+ too easy to keep ball in play
+ theme

Those 3 things weren’t an issue to me for SW. I didn’t buy SW for the longest time cause 1. I didn’t understand the ruleset and 2. I wanted the code to be mostly done. With GOT being abandoned,The bugs in it eventually irritated me so bad that I unfortunately sold it cheap...too cheap. Then some pinsiders that are good players that have same tastes as me (including you) convinced me to give SW a shot. And I’m glad you guys did. Fantastic game. Now Deadpool; I can’t wait to play just for that fun looking unorthodox right ramp and the cool loops, but I have no desire of getting one for the reasons I mentioned. I’m saving my pennies and couch change for JJPOTC; now that is GOT + SW on roids meltdown. Cannot wait!

#2044 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Surprised to see you getting a JJP wodebody. Ball times can be ages long.
The fact that you don’t like the theme of DP makes sense. I love the theme and so would my family. Only reason I haven’t considered owning Maiden is theme.
Just from Sexton talking about the rules for 5 minutes, I’m very excited to play.

Yea theme could be the kicker. I was a big gamer and fan of the SF and X-men fighting games in the 90s but I’m still not drawn into this theme...yet.

As for JJPOTC, have you played it? I’ve got about 30+ games on the prototype games and I love it. Hardly feels like a wide body and is hardly friendly with ball times. That said, it’s definitely not as fast as SW or GOT, but even those 2 games can have marathon games - which I’m ok with as long as it’s not every game and there’s different ways to play each time which is exactly what JJPOTC’s ruleset is derived from for the most part. It’s a truly amazing game from what I’ve seen; I just can’t wait to play a working one (I.e. the chest lock, spinning disk, and cannon were all inconsistent with the ones I played - which have all been addressed supposively.).

Anyway, back to SDTM can’t wait to watch new episode.

2 months later
#2863 5 years ago

....cannot..tell..if...serious....

#2872 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Seriously WTF were they thinking when they made this turd?

0F2E8D0E-0B04-4E60-909D-BDF79DBA1BB0 (resized).jpeg0F2E8D0E-0B04-4E60-909D-BDF79DBA1BB0 (resized).jpeg

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah but they wont sell many of these i dont think Eskaybee

If the rumored $25k+ diamond edition price is true...

3 weeks later
#3094 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM First Look:
The Beatles pinball gameplay

Whoa! Way better than the initial release video. Too bad their demographic isn't ....well, us LOL. Game looks great, price of admission is probably the worst on the market. And thats not a complaint, it is the Beatles and it is what it is; if they can sell them at that price and keeps the better designers, programmers, and developers employed, its a win win...right?

Speaking of price tags. Does anyone else find it strange that there's WAY more new games available by multiple manufacturers, more than there ever has in 10 or so years, yet the prices keep climbing...fast! You'd thing with too much supply something would have to be sacrificed, but the pinball market continues to boom and amaze.

Anyway, big thanks to SDTM for the video. Keep up the hardwork guys, and keeping us mere mortals entertained

6 months later
#4431 4 years ago

Did someone say top 10 shots in pinball...?

19190E2D-2B2A-499E-9AF8-40508BA9A0E3 (resized).jpeg19190E2D-2B2A-499E-9AF8-40508BA9A0E3 (resized).jpeg
#4436 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It is pretty great. Has the three components:
Not too easy, not too hard
Kinetic satisfaction
Great code (rules, sounds, etc)

Exactly. And it gets deeper than that. There was a 5-issue limited Snikt comic series; i.e. 5x playfield. The level of detail that went into Deadpool still blows my mind.

1 year later
#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Was about to order the game .... now I'm out....

Quoted from ZMeny:

HOT WHEELS PINBALL UNBOXING & FIRST LOOK
NEW LINK:

Hey look, you get to buy the game again. 2 videos means you should order 2!

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Looks very nice.
I can hardly believe how many choices we have now.

Ageeed. And yet, prices keep going up. Oh wait, they went down for this title. Cheers to AP!!

3 years later
#6104 9 months ago

Ghostbusters!? You guys are crazy, but I still love ya. Great video. Here’s mine (today):

1. Stern SW
2. GNR
3. LOTR
4. Deadpool
5. Game of Thrones
6. IMDN
7. AFM
8. JJPOTC
9. TRON
10. TWD

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.