stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#815 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

For the love of God I am looking to buy a SWPrem and my ratings suggest I shouldn't haha

I'll bet your rating will go way up if you would own one. This game needs play time on it. And if you disable the mode stacking you will get the Star Wars feeling too.

1 month later
#1176 5 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

For me the issue with Star Wars is it such a score heavy game and so weak on the journey. I love the code in ACDC because you can play for score but for guys like me I can go in the journey. Working my way through the jukebox and all the modes. Star Wars just never feels like an adventure and for me,with that theme, it's unforgivable.
Clearly guys in pinball love to play for points but I personally think it's the wrong direction. Long term to keep the industry growing they are going to need to trend more in the direction of video games. More collection, quests and story. I would love a pinball machine that specific shot combinations open a special shot that you hit to collect. The game is scored not based on points but modes collected, secret shots discovered, speed completed.
A leaderboard that first place can be a guy that exploits a mode for score has no interest to me. I would love first place to be the guy that can complete every mode in Lord of the Rings in X time using Y balls and discovered Z secrets.

Try to play with mode stacking disabled if you want a journey.

1 week later
#1235 5 years ago

I have not played Iron Maiden yet. I will get a LE or Prem, cause I am a big Iron Maiden fan. But after reading all this and after this episode it's clear, that this game is special. Perhaps the best game in a long time. Why am I so sure about this?
There are so many in my opinion bad themes out there: Dialed In is a stupid idea, I had a WOZ and also it's a good game I could not stand the theme, WWE, Aerosmith, Mustang, Batman 66, Transformers, BBH, Wheel of fortune........I can go on and on about bad themes. But I got never the idea that there should be a rethemed one of them. All this uproar that this game should have an other theme, everytime I see Zachs face when he wishes that this game should have been Guardians it makes one thing clear for me. This must be a hell of a game and as an Iron Maiden fan I can't wait to get it in my house!!!

#1281 5 years ago

Not everybody has to have good taste in music so I get why there are people out there that don't like maiden. I'm really sorry for them. ;P
So let's do a retheme of this game. How would you like something original like on Dialed in? Let's forget there ever was a band like Iron Maiden. And put a new theme on this game. Something with a plot of an old TV show like Dr. Who, or a mix from all the cool movies we loved in our youth. A plot mix from Back to the future, Bill and Ted or Evil Dead Army of Darkness? Ok what about this plot:
There is this good free spirit guy, let's call him Eddie. And there is a evil force that comes to our earth realm to eliminate all creativity, free will and fighting spirit in mankind so it is easier to rule and control all. Let's call this bad guy "The Beast". so our story starts with a fight between Eddie and the Beast. The Beast wins and shatters Eddies soul to pieces. He could be saved by a hot sidekick chick, let's call her Claire. Now both have to travel through time and arts to collect all soul shards again for the final battle against the beast. They should travel to old Egypt, WW2, to something like a horror movie like Evil Dead ...... That's what i would call a awesome plot for an original pinball table. Now we only have to get a good artist like Zombie Yeti to bring this plot in a cool looking form and we need some music. Rebel against evil dictator, I think we should use metal.......
That would be an awesome original theme!!!!
What I want to say is, the way STERN or better Keith made this Iron Maiden game you don't have to like Maiden to like it. If you hate maiden you just have to forget that it's not an original theme.

#1317 5 years ago

There is one theme left, I think we could all agree would be a great Music theme for a pinball game and that is: STEEL PANTHER!!!! Just imagine all the great toys they could put in.

#1319 5 years ago

All those streams, shows and podcasts are a great thing for this hobby and the whole pinball community, even Kanedas. But the most entertaining one for me is this from the SDTM guys. Even when I think they are totaly wrong with a review, SW for an example, they always get many laugths from me. It's fun mixed with good information and reviews are just opinions. Big thx from me, I think it's a lot of work you guys put into this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=Asael and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.