stare.gif
f35b2ff373368a44c84b2d1e84b8048d6c2b3c14 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
A29E882C-2FDB-4220-BC1A-F00A36E60085 (resized).jpeg
Photo_20170524_120226 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1898 Deadpool Pinball first impressions Posted by ZMeny (5 years ago)

Post #5108 R&M unboxing. Posted by Tuna_Delight (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AUKraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#248 6 years ago

Does anybody have a clear legible copy of the presentation slides JJP used last night??

2 months later
#446 6 years ago

Great Review guys.....just as I've about decided to sell my MMR on to a new home to find a HUO TRON instead of a GOTG you guys make me reconsider......arrrgghhh.....

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

At this point Tron before guardians unless you are in love with the theme. Then again if I were you I may wait until rumblings of 2018 vault by Stern just in case

I agree Zach, heard the same rumblings, so I've been patient. TRON has so many aftermarket toy options on top of a fantastic pin as is, including now a second LCD. Besides, there are worse things than holding on to an MMR a while longer....

3 weeks later
#484 6 years ago

Great job with the vid as always guys!! Had a chance to play a prototype at SFGE last summer, beautiful pin!! Looking forward the full review video!!

I mean, I know the guys at American Pinball are really proud of their creation, and rightfully so, but.......

I hope that American Pinball logo on top of the backbox is removable!! That thing sticks out like...like..a big ol' zit on the forehead!! Something more in black/brass would look so much more in line with the rest of the beautiful artwork!! I know, I know, it's nitpicking (zitpicking?).....but still!

1 month later
#740 6 years ago

Great meeting the SDTM guys this weekend, and thanks to Greg for running out to the car and getting me a T-Shirt for my circumferentially challenged self!!!

#755 6 years ago

Great review as always guys!!

1 month later
#1037 6 years ago

Z & G: You do know that the Pinside crowd will disown y'all if you keep bringing some common sense and logic to the emotional crapstorm that happens everytime a pin manufacturer announces something????

Couldn't agree more about JJPOTC - hate it as it was a cool feature, the wow factor was definitely there when it first cam on when I played a prototype, but still an overall excellent pin. $9000K plus excellent??? That I don't know........

IMDN - watched the 2nd DeadFlip Stream......awesome looking and playing pin, had to turn the volume down after 10 minutes as I could only stand so much of the music. Look, love some hard rock and metal as much as anybody, but Maiden was never in my wheelhouse. IMDN is the pin that will bring Pinball Browser into the mainstream......

....and do come down to Southern Fried, would love to BS with you guys some more!!

Keep keeping it real guys!

1 month later
#1273 5 years ago

Just watched the latest show, fantastic stuff as always! Happy to see Greg was back, as the previous episode just wasn't right, sorta like Starsky without Hutch, Stan without Ollie, or Sonny without Cher.....

As for IMDN: You guys nailed it! Great shooter, layout, code, enjoyability.....and crap theme!! If you are an Iron Maiden fan and pinhead...well congrats to you, seriously, your dream pin is here! Don't get me wrong, it's a great playing pin....but with that being said, with it's theme being so polarizing to so many Stern REALLY needs consider a re-theme that's more family friendly, as the rest of the pin is just too good! Additionally, the TWD comparisons were very fair, as TWD probably has the best innovative layout and gameplay pin Stern has made....with a similar polarizing theme that will never be part of my personal collection! It's a shame, as I love playing TWD & IMDN.......

Once again....Great show guys!

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Of course Zachs opinion won’t impact sales at least not negatively like everyone seems to be freaking out about. His review was 90% positive the only thing he criticised was the theme, which I totally agree with for me iron maiden as a theme is a D, just as rap themed pin would be a D for you and others, themes come down to person tastes, but what everyone including Zach agrees on is the physical aspects of the game layout, shots, rules are all an A!

Couldn't have said it better!!

3 weeks later
#1521 5 years ago

Great show once again guys, and hate that I missed seeing you at SFGE Zach.....spent too much time trying to qualify at the tournament, only to lose in the B finals to a "Super Secret Skillshot" on IMDN, so yes, first hand knowledge that it does exist!!!

Excited that you are getting a BM66!! I told y'all at Louisville that was the pin to get, as it had really started to turn the corner with the code.....and it's improved heaps since then! I also picked up a BM66 2 months ago as well, replaced my MMR....and don't miss MMR one bit!! Enjoy BM66, and crank up the volume, as it will have you jamming out to the tunes while defeating the villains!!! It really is turning into a Stern's best effort in the last 5 years!

...and yes, Greg <==> Cockatoo!!! The resemblance is there, Greg does remind me of Fred, Baretta's old pet!!!...but then again you guys are probably too young to remember that show!!!

#1538 5 years ago

Dinner tonight....we stand UNITED Zach!!!

IMG_6177 (resized).JPGIMG_6177 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#2565 5 years ago

Great review guys, as always....

After playing DP Pro again at the launch party with .84 code the following 3 thoughts came to mind:

1) Disjointed - Someone else posted about theme integration, agree wholeheartedly. The DP Pro has it's moments, but it's disjointed across the board.

2) .84 code was a nice improvement. I walked away from the initial release code with credits left on the machine....don't do that often.

3) Gameplay on a Premium/LE with 3 banks of drop targets and the right outlane/orbit mechanism may very well take this pin to another level.

I do however have some hope for this pin, more than I had for GOTG and BM66 for the longest time. Both are now excellent pins, where code overcame a lot of the shortcomings, with BM66 *still* not finished!!

3 months later
#3650 5 years ago

Great video Guys...I'm actually more excited about this pin since the reveal than before, especially after the Premium stream from the factory with Dwight. That being said, I can't quite get myself to pull the trigger on this yet. If I'm lucky I *might* be able to swing getting one NIB pin this year, and I'd hate to pull a trigger this early with all the other rumored releases coming, especially Toy Story!

1 month later
#3885 5 years ago

Great show guys.....but I'm going to miss Zach's (usually slightly off) ratings and how they contrast to Greg's! However, I do understand with the new situation with FlipNOut that you really can't come across as favoring one pin or manufacturer over the other. So getting two other's involved is a great idea. Can I suggest another idea: how about a rotating in a different guest reviewer everytime??

Good call on getting Cary into the SDTM family!! I've been enjoying his vids on YouTube, looking forward to more under the SDTM banner.

Agree with Greg on Munsters: I'm up and down on this pin as well, blowing it up score wise, but missing the drama, moments & satisfaction of complete jackpots and modes.

One nitpick: when giving the playfield over view, you had a lot of mods installed. Nice as they are as Mod Couple does GREAT stuff, it may confuse some viewers as thinking they are standard on the Pro.

Are you going to go back and rerate your previous reviews with these new ratings to keep things fair and even??

Looking forward to seeing you guys at LAX next weekend to shoot the breeze, and especially looking forward to picking up my JJPOTC from Zach!!

#3906 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every game since GOT from stern gets an A+ in the art dept from me.

*except Star Wars

#3909 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Including Star Wars. Go back and look at Game of Thrones. So glad that phase is dead and gone.

Fully agree on GoT. SW is better than GoT, but that’s not saying much. SW in no way shape or form an “A+”.

1 week later
#3985 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Who is the current GC on this machine, if I might ask..

Quoted from ZMeny:

That would be you my friend

...so someone did knock off my GC score Sunday!

2 weeks later
#4004 5 years ago

Really fantastic job with the TWIPYs last night @hollywoodbone & @zmeny!!! Y'all really knocked it out of the park!!! It was great to see you guys again, glad I was able to talk to y'all a little while, as the FlipNOut booth was constantly packed with people!!

1 week later
#4023 5 years ago

Nice Golden Ticket!!!!

1 week later
#4077 5 years ago

To me JJP's Wonka pin seems like a G rated version of Stern's The Walking Dead or Iron Maiden: A lot of fun to shoot and play on location, but the theme makes me not have one in my house.

I'm still looking forward to playing it though!!

#4109 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw that Beetlejuice multiball idea it's brilliant. Absolutely brilliant
Would love a BJ..... You know.... Beetlejuice!

Agreed, that Beetlejuice Multiball idea from Cary may be the idea that pushes that project over the top, it definitely is one of those "why didn't I think of that moments" when I heard it!!!

1 week later
#4147 4 years ago

Welcome back guys!!!! Been awfully quiet on YouTube without your banter!!!

Beetlejuice: the look on Greg's face when Zach described Cary's Beetlejuice MB idea....priceless!!!! (....and probably identical to mine when I first heard it on the podcast myself!!!!)

#4206 4 years ago

Awesome episode guys!! Fun as always.....

One comment on GB code: IMO it wouldn't be such a big deal as it is if Stern hadn't been promising each month for over the last couple years in it's Stern of the Union address that a GB code update is coming.

4 weeks later
#4405 4 years ago

Zach...Zach...Zach: Zen shot???? ZEN SHOT???? ZEN SHOT!?!?! IT'S THE GEM SHOT!!!!! Good Grief Zach, what are we going to do with you????? And it should be on the list *TWICE*: Once off the TRON bank and once as the Quorra/Gem combo!!!

....just busting your Chromium Spheres Zach!!!

1 week later
#4464 4 years ago

Great episode guys....I'm in agreement with both of you, as I really enjoy the crap out of playing it at our local arcade, it's a lot of fun, simple to understand yet hard to master......yet I don't think I want one in my house, especially with a small collection like I have.

....and yes Stern, that opto spinner is a MUST for ANY new Stern now! Good gravy that upper left one is a blast to rip!!!

4 months later
#4826 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Greg and Zach costume up to review Elvira House Of Horrors Pinball Machine
Disclaimer: SDTM does not rate flapper gap and actually put effort into their show. The boys are in bed with Gary Stern and in the pocket of Big Pinballceuticals.

Quoted from JWP72:

When things get loud you need compression. A good compressor will fix that

Great episode, great idea on Wayne & Garth! Gotta hand it too you ZMeny , you almost sounded like Wayne in a couple of the parts!

....but gotta agree, the volume was disproportionally too loud & shrill in the loud sections.

11 months later
#5284 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM! Unboxing An Avengers LE Pinball Machine w/ The Greatest Of All Time!!!

That was Baaaaaaahhhhhhhd!!!

#5294 3 years ago

Awesome video Zach & Greg.....the Live and Let Die light show was a definite WOW! moment!

This is the great SDTM stuff that has been scarce lately.......and thank God JJP didn't let that goat into the factory!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eagan, MN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AUKraut.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-show-straight-down-the-middle-a-pinball-show?tu=AUKraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.